Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - October

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 22
  4. 23
  5. ...
  6. 24
iXCODERED wrote:
Why people are quitting in ctf bomb hill and oddbal?
Why do people quit any matches in MCC?
Because us slayer fans are forced to choose one of two things

1. Play slayer and put up with the Halos we don't want to play (for me it's Halo 1 and Halo 4)
2. Play Arena and be forced into playing objective games 50% of the time

I play solo most of the time with no team. I don't want to sit through objective games with teammates who do not communicate or strategize and are clearly just trying to boost their KDR. I also can't stand Halo 4 and only rarely want to play a Halo 1 match.
Translation I didn't get what I wanted to play so I'm going to throw a temper tantrum and quit. Gosh I wonder what people like this act in the real world.
Honestly, I think it's fair to quit out of a game you dont want to play.

If you work full time Monday - Friday while commuting, that's 9, maybe 10 hours of your day that's gone. After feeding yourself and tending to day to day household activities (dishes, trash, cleaning, etc...) you're left with a very small amount of precious time before you need to sleep and repeat the cycle.

I dont hold it against people that dont want to waste a second of that small precious leisure time doing something they dont want to do just for the benefit of other people's leisure time.

In theory, match composer should fix this.
How would you like it it people quit out of games you like on your limited time ruining the match?
When it happens (and to be clear, I've dealt with it many times in MCC and continue to), I dont mind it at all because I am selfish with my leisure time, and I dont hold others to a different standard.

Hate the game sweetie, not the player.
Nothing wrong with the game
If there was nothing wrong with the game, quitting wouldn't be as big of an issue. Match composer should have been included with MCC at launch.

And for the record, adults are entitled to spend their free time doing whatever they want (so long as it isnt physically harming others).

Again, hate the game, not the player.
iXCODERED wrote:

1. Play slayer and put up with the Halos we don't want to play (for me it's Halo 1 and Halo 4)

I play solo most of the time with no team. I don't want to sit through objective games with teammates who do not communicate or strategize and are clearly just trying to boost their KDR. I also can't stand Halo 4 and only rarely want to play a Halo 1 match.
Translation I didn't get what I wanted to play so I'm going to throw a temper tantrum and quit. Gosh I wonder what people like this act in the real world.

If you work full time Monday - Friday while commuting, that's 9, maybe 10 hours of your day that's gone. After feeding yourself and tending to day to day household activities (dishes, trash, cleaning, etc...) you're left with a very small amount of precious time before you need to sleep and repeat the cycle.

I dont hold it against people that dont want to waste a second of that small precious leisure time doing something they dont want to do just for the benefit of other people's leisure time.

How would you like it it people quit out of games you like on your limited time ruining the match?
When it happens (and to be clear, I've dealt with it many times in MCC and continue to), I dont mind it at all because I am selfish with my leisure time, and I dont hold others to a different standard.

If there was nothing wrong with the game, quitting wouldn't be as big of an issue. Match composer should have been included with MCC at launch.

And for the record, adults are entitled to spend their free time doing whatever they want (so long as it isnt physically harming others).

And also for the record the game developer can also enforce quit penalty's or ban's for people who quit. Remember you don't own the MM for MCC the developer does and they can enforce any rules they want to, in this case quit or ban penalties for excessive quitters and rightfully so.
iXCODERED wrote:

And also for the record the game developer can also enforce quit penalty's or ban's for people who quit. Remember you don't own the MM for MCC the developer does and they can enforce any rules they want to, in this case quit or ban penalties for excessive quitters and rightfully so.
Never argued otherwise, not sure why you're bringing it up.
iXCODERED wrote:

What I'm getting at is entitled behavior that ruins the game such as quitting excessively because you didn't get the game or gametype shouldn't be tolerated, and people
like you are the reason why there will be penalties for quitting and rightfully so, you don't own the MM for MCC if you want to play one game or a certain gametype do Customs. The whole well my time is limited has been used so many times and it's not going to push or make you look positive or justified in your quitting habits.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
iXCODERED wrote:

What I'm getting at is entitled behavior that ruins the game such as quitting excessively because you didn't get the game or gametype...
Just like how it's the voter's fault for Hillary losing the election!

The quitting problem is a flaw with the game, not the players. Similar to how its Hillary's responsibility to motivate people to vote for her, it's the game's job to motivate players to stay for an entire match.

If 343 wants to distribute consequences for these players, theres nothing wrong with that. If players want to risk those consequences to avoid playing a game they dont like, theres also nothing wrong with that.

iXCODERED wrote:

What I'm getting at is entitled behavior that ruins the game such as quitting excessively because you didn't get the game or gametype...
Just like how its Hillary's fault for losing the election because not enough people voted for her!

The quitting problem is a flaw with the game, not the players. Similar to how its Hillary's responsibility to motivate people to vote for her, it's the game's job to motivate players to stay for an entire game.

If 343 wants to distribute consequences for these players, theres nothing wrong with that. If players want to risk those consequences to avoid playing a game they dont like, theres also nothing wrong with that.
Or people can block that said quitter and never match up against them as well in MM and let their XBL buddies know hey such and such is a quitter and admitted to it block them so you never have to match up against them.
iXCODERED wrote:

Just like how its Hillary's fault for losing the election because not enough people voted for her!

The quitting problem is a flaw with the game, not the players. Similar to how its Hillary's responsibility to motivate people to vote for her, it's the game's job to motivate players to stay for an entire game.

Or people can block that said quitter and never match up against them as well in MM and let their XBL buddies know hey such and such is a quitter and admitted to it block them so you never have to match up against them.
Yeah, that's also fine.

If a player wants to risk those types of consequences (either from 343 or other players) in order to avoid suffering through a game they dont want to play, theres nothing wrong with that.

Hate the game, not the player.
Yeah I dont condone quitting either. I get it, I mean there's alot of gametypes that come up I don't like either. Tombstone, Gemini, Backwash...All terrible maps, and everyone thinks so. But I play them. I realize if I quit 3 of my team mates take a loss because I cant spend 8 minutes of my time in a game...

In any case...the bigger problem to me is still I CANT FIND GAMES IN H2!! PLEASE FIX THAT! I really don't understand why its so hard to find a simple game, it wasn't like that before the update, so why now?
Direct hit from a sword did no damage to my teammate: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/b-2the-eano/video/62947005

Beat down and direct head shot didn't kill opponent, had to put two further shots into him, you can see I actually start turning away after the first shot as he should have died: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/b-2the-eano/video/62947082

The amount of BS in games is just getting boring, it's unplayable.
Match composer should have been included with MCC at launch.
It's very likely that they didn't even think of it at the time or for a long time after that.
Is blocking so you don't match someone enabled on MCC? I know they disabled it in H5 except in Firefight.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Match composer should have been included with MCC at launch.
It's very likely that they didn't even think of it at the time or for a long time after that.
Is blocking so you don't match someone enabled on MCC? I know they disabled it in H5 except in Firefight.
Not 100 percent sure but in the old MCC build I would come across people who would betray whenever Halo CE or Halo 2 won the vote once I blocked them I never matched up against them again while my buddies still did.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 22
  4. 23
  5. ...
  6. 24