Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

MCC Multiplayer Feedback - October 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
Please use this official thread to share any and all MCC MULTIPLAYER FEEDBACK.
  • CAMPAIGN FEEDBACK can be provided HERE.
  • Misc/Other Feedback can be provided HERE.
If you encounter an issue or have a suggestion or general feedback related to MCC MULTIPLAYER, please include as much detail as possible.
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
Thank you
Add SWAT and team snipers in the ranks playlist, many people play these modes.

EDIT: also please add a Halo 4 team hardcore.
Can we please get a ranked H2c FFA playlist, or even a cross play ranked FFA? H2c’s only ranked playlist is hardcore arena and that’s been dead for months, FFA would be an excellent replacement and it’s one of the playlists that was highly requested in the past.

I know recently you guys implemented party parameters in social doubles in the composer so TO2 only match TO2, this needs to be implemented in ranked as well. I played HCE ranked doubles when I was searching solo and got destroyed by a TO2 who knew how to abuse the spawns, I was spawn killed with nades and rockets 10+ times on derelict before I could even get a shot off, party restrictions are most definitely needed in ranked.

The last item of concern is the ghost melees are still present in H2c and H3. Other than that, I’m enjoying the new H2a fast slyer playlist.
Make it possible that our highest achieved skill level shows on our in game profile. Some ranked playlists have previously gotten retired/removed and there has been nothing on our in game profiles to show for. Keep the current playlists and current skill levels or do not retire/remove any ranked playlist.
Mr Vacha wrote:
Make it possible that our highest achieved skill level shows on our in game profile. Some ranked playlists have previously gotten retired/removed and there has been nothing on our in game profiles to show for. Keep the current playlists and current skill levels or do not retire/remove any ranked playlist.
100% agree! At the very least they should not reset or remove any playlist so we can all continue on our current skill levels in the future.
Mr Vacha wrote:
This 100%, completely agree. The game should display: “Highest rank achieved” just like in the OG H3, it should show highest rank even if the playlist is removed. There’s no reason this shouldn’t have been done from the beginning.
Dear 343i after adding Reach to MCC please do this:
1. Search filter option for best connectivity or fast game; (I will play on american servers cause i love Halo, but I want euro servers to work very much)
2. Population count in playlists showing.
This list tries to get together all of the information that's been gathered during this years, and each topic contains links to the main or most relevant posts.
  1. - Add an option to choose our servers or to force playing on local datacenters. Connection is a nightmare for Australians, Europeans and such. (link)
  2. - Include JiP with rewards and incentives to players (enable it by default in Social) Require pressing A button to join the next match, and implement an auto idle player boot (1-2 minutes). Let's fix this problem. If betrayers are gonna continue, maybe it's time to take into account turning off friendly-fire in some specific scenaries. (link)
  3. - Make H2A shine as a true successor. Developer maps/temporal forge remakes substitutes, vehicle & weapons rebalance, add/remove some sounds, tweak some maps (also regarding the new ones, whose spawning system is weird), add unique vehicles such as the Shadow or the Spectre, disable grenade/hit indicators, fix melee range... (link)
  4. - Add H3:ODST Firefight, whether it's playable in multiplayer or just in local. Fix the dual-wielding elites problem. It's too late to be fair. (link)
  5. - Implement 3V3/5V5/7V7 match support. Despite the fact that they're unused and not so popular, when you're unable to find any match it's desirable to say the least. This one was a feature in Halo 3 and Halo:Reach (it's the right time to readd it). Everyone agreed in this thread. (link)
  6. - Allow players to form teams after a match; it was a cool feature of Halo 3 that increased teamwork.
  7. - Split Slayer (SMG/AR) / Slayer Pro (BR+Auto) in the Match Composer. By that way, everyone is able to enjoy exclusively their preference (purpose of the MC). In addition, include a Veto system to avoid the same maps over and over.
  8. - Decrease weight for H3 Sandbox variants in BTB. Currently, it's impossible to get a game in Valhalla, at least for me.
  9. Halo 4 BR fire rate doesn't match that of the old Xbox 360 version. Please fix it for a balanced precision sandbox.
  10. - Party matching in Social is a must (thanks for adding it to 2v2), or restrictions, paired with proper skill matching (was it efectiveness decreased somehow?). If it's a matter of population, then enable crossplay between PC and Xbox for a substancial boost. If not, just use the Halo 5 system or use the new EXP progression.
  11. - Banning people should only occur if the player is one of the first quitters on a team and it's not an extremely lopsided game.
  12. - Ability to change teams while in mid custom games, so that we can play and experience the OG H2C Infection.
  13. - Add again Halo 4 ranked. Balancing is quite easy: Legendary BR Starts/Only precision weapons (where you can choose your abilities too, like in BTB), no ordinance and no death cameras. Same applies to H2A ranked, unless you do the 15 step.
  14. - Honestly, the Custom Game Browser is a right. All Halo games have one except the MCC, making it hard to enjoy those fun gametypes and to even test cool Forge maps that could make their way to Matchmaking (think of Halo 2:Anniversary). (link)
  15. - Integrate, if possible, Ranked into the Composer, so that the community is focused exclusively in one thing and matches are even. Another possibility is adding a Ranked Composer. (link)
  16. - Do not remove ranks whenever a playlist is erased; at least, show our highest achieved rank in our profile.
Clearly, those issues, improvements has been discussed quite a lot and need to be addressed as soon as possible, so that MCC is a complete product when it launches on PC. Otherwise, the same as the 2014 dissaster is undoubtedly going to happen again. All of sudden, H:CE is getting a gameplay treatment to get as close as possible to the OG version, so continue in the right path.
Forgive me if im posting in the wrong thread, but can the punishment for quitting be more sever? I can't seem go into a game of big team battle without at least one person quitting.
Mr Vacha wrote:
I couldn't agree more that is a great idea
I'm going to beat my dead horse some more this month. The FFA playlist needs to be dropped from 8 player per match down to 6. Doing so will help alleviate the spawn hassles (particularly overcrowding on the smaller maps) and put more matches out there so you can find games quicker. In a game with better players the games are just frustrating because spawns are just one on top of the next.

My only other suggestion is to bring back multi-team. That playlist was always a blast and I never had problems finding a match.

That's all I have for now.
Game: All games
Issue: Single players searching in ranked ending up facing teams.
Fix: Allow teams of 3 to play games against other teams of 3. Rather than pull single players to fill out the team of 4, prioritize placing all single searchers in the same game, similar to H3 (360).

Issue: Social games team weighting
Fix: Place players with similar skill in the same game, allow low skill players to be in their own game. The current system seems to place a few good players on each team and it results in the good players carrying, and the low skill players being slaughtered. This is especially noticeable in BTB. I can't imagine this is fun for low skill/ new players, nor is it fun for experienced players. i.e. allow 7v7, 3v3, and place good people with good people, parties with parties, etc.

Issue: Server preferences
Fix: Allow us to prioritize nearby servers for better connection in game. If wait times are too long/ population too low, then automatically expand the search to include the next closest server until a match is found.

Suggestion: Add k/d in profile
Fix: When viewing a player's career summary in multiplayer, add an additional line that calculates a players k/d. Place it under the current kills and deaths line. Also remove custom games kills from the halo waypoint calculation.

Game: H3
Issue: Hit detection
Fix: Update the net code(?) Can we at least get an update/ comment around this issue? Not only the bullet registration, but equipment coming out after death, grenades after death, etc. There is just an overall latency issue.

Issue: Map weighting in BTB. Sandbox variants, last resort, and longshore are too frequent.
Fix: For slayer game modes, prioritize maps with defined bases such as: standoff, Valhalla, sandbox (to an extent), avalanche, etc. This doesn't mean completely exclude the others, but currently longshore and last resort are far too frequent for BTB slayer. These maps work best in one sided obj.

Issue: Betrayal kick system
Fix: Currently it seems to require three betrayals to boot a player - please look into this. It should be lowered to two, and it should result in a longer ban than the quitting ban. Or change the system to not be player specific. So if a player betrays ANY two/three players on a team one time they can be kicked, where as it stands it is the same player must be betrayed multiple times.

Issue: Afk people
Fix: Auto kick and ban people from matchmaking that purposefully let their controller sit idle in matchmaking. There isn't an incentive to do this, I'm not sure why it is so common in both ranked and social.

Issue: Players spawning near enemies and ignoring empty spaces on the map.
Fix: Implement spawning system that takes into account enemy proximity. To replicate this simply play matchmaking. It is very common to have enemies spawn near other players despite large areas of the map being open.

Suggestion: Veto system
Fix: Bring it back. right now people can just dashboard to avoid games which hurts everyone else in the game. Veto will delay games by 20s but will potentially allow for more complete matches.

Suggestion: Ranked H3 FFA
Fix: Right now there is no ranked FFA playlist - it would be nice to get lone wolves back so solo searchers have a playlist to play without fear of being matched against teams. Either bring back the MLG FFA playlist or regular Lone Wolves - either would work.

Suggestion: Party up
Fix: Allow people to party up after the game. H3 had this and it was an easy way to meet random people, and play with non-toxic players.
I'd like to see an "overall rank" displayed vs. the highest rank achieved.

The overall rank would be an average of all ranked playlists, more accurately displaying player's true skill across all halo titles.

This would help populate other ranked playlists with lower populations.

Ideally, player's ranks in each individual ranked playlist would still be displayed on their career profiles (even playlists that have been retired / rotated out).

However, ranked playlists that are not currently active would not affect player's current overall rank.

Thanks.
T LI R B 0 wrote:
I'd like to see an "overall rank" displayed vs. the highest rank achieved.

The overall rank would be an average of all ranked playlists, more accurately displaying player's true skill across all halo titles.

This would help populate other ranked playlists with lower populations.

Ideally, player's ranks in each individual ranked playlist would still be displayed on their career profiles (even playlists that have been retired / rotated out).

However, ranked playlists that are not currently active would not affect player's current overall rank.

Thanks.
They are working in a new ranking system, and we will have a global rank for all games.
Still waiting for the number of wins to earn a 50 to go down from 230-240 to around 90 or so. Finding games in new playlists has become abysmal for higher level players, because they rank up to around a 20 and have to wait for the rest of the population to catch up. Thus earning a level 50 in a playlist becomes a 2-3 week long endeavor. This makes chasing ranks frustrating and discourages players from grinding the game (the players who play the most, mind you). Not to mention, with ranks resetting unnecessarily, competitive players will once again lose motivation to try and earn ranks in playlists they've already put dozens of hours into.
Please give some attention to Halo 2 Classic.. this is feeling like “The Halo 3 Collection”

thank you ❤️
MCC HALO GAME:
Menus and Halo 3

A few suggestions
1. Players like having hard-to-earn nameplated displayed as a way to show off. In addition, with the introduction of ranks, players would like to have ranks displayed at all times so others can see their skill/progress. Personally, I think that the current ban system in place is enough of a deterrent towards players quitting, so they should reintroduce the pre-game lobby. Players end up quitting from the post-game lobby too quickly and often don't even see or acknowledge the existence of nameplates. The ability to show off nameplates and ranks in an environment that everyone can see is important to players. Nameplates at this point feel pointless, and so will global rank in the future if the pre-game lobby isn't reintroduced in time for PC.
2. Alongside the last request, introduce new nameplates to show in-game accomplishments, such as earning all achievement, reaching rank 50/multiple rank 50s in a season, 100/1,000/10,000 games played, hours played, just nameplates of that nature.
3. Possibly consider the idea of having cross-game ranked playlists. Of course some of the core ones like Halo 3 Team Slayer should stay, but I feel like there is a possibility to create a ranked playlist with multiple games in it, one example being adding a ranked snipers playlist that encompasses maps from both Halo 2 and Halo 3. Maybe try one playlist as an experiment because I myself don't know if this would be a good idea or not.
4. Switch out MS 2v2 Series with original Halo 3 radar doubles. I have seen so much feedback on various media platforms against the decision of hardcore doubles that I would find it hard to believe it is just a vocal minority at this point. I'm not sure how you are doing your polls or getting the data to suggest more people want hardcore doubles, but I am inclined to believe that the method might be biased against those who don't really want hardcore playlists.
5. If the above isn't taken into consideration, at least change the ammo in the sniper rifle in 2v2 hardcore. Having the default number of shots is way too much. I am inclined to say that the custom powerup provides too much overshield as well, but I don't play the playlist enough to have a major opinion.
6. Have a prompt come up that requires a button press before a game is formed so that AFK people aren't put into matches. I feel like this would help cut down on the number of AFK players.
Can we please get a fix for shot registration for halo 3, I don't remember getting so many Blood shots and Ghost melees in Halo 3 360. Please get this fix before it comes out on PC. Thank you
This would definently bring the halo 4 community back.

Halo 4 hardcore ranked!!!!!!
Halo 4 swat ranked!!!!!!

Let's gooo!!!!!!
Foxy BY wrote:
Please give some attention to Halo 2 Classic.. this is feeling like “The Halo 3 Collection”

thank you ❤️
Ranked H2C doubles.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10