Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

MCC Multiplayer Feedback - October 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10
zvenom91 wrote:
1 Please take the 5 min bans off of quitting or getting disconnected every single time as I got disconnected from the server in matchmaking yesterday mind you only once but I still had to wait 5 mins to play again
2 Fix the latency in Halo 3 as it's sometimes is unfair on how you can shoot the enemy and then melee and the enemy somehow gets the kill after 1 melee without even shooting first causing utter frustration
3 Add in Join in Progress to Big Team Matches in Social please!! Just like on 360 for Halo 4 where you can join in or with a friend a couple mins in as it would make it so much more enjoyable to not be unbalanced in 8v8, while at it let there be a option to start a Big Team match with 14, 12 or even 10 players and find other players a min or so into the game so you can play more frequently.
4 Let me boot annoying players who betray me over and over again as it seems a troll can betray me as much as they want and I never get a boot option
5 Decrease Halo 3 weighting as anytime I search with Halo 3 as a option I will get Halo 3 about 80 or 90% of the time, I'm not sure if trolls are purposely only selecting Halo 3 as a option to play but the whole choose what you want to play is not any different than before that part got added. If anything force a player to choose 2 or more games to play online so people like me selecting Halo CE, 2, 2C, 3 and 4 can get something different than only Halo 3 please
6 Increase Halo 4 weighting, I'm not sure if people who play Halo MCC have some kind of gripe against Halo 4 but I would surely play the 360 version of Halo 4 less if I had a chance of ever getting to play a Halo 4 Big Team or even a Halo 4 Team Slayer match which seems rare to happen.
7 Continuing on Halo 4 Weighting can you adjust it to where you get stock maps like Vortex alongside DLC maps like Shatter and not solely DLC Maps? can I have a option to choose my favorite maps per game so I can have a say on which maps I actually do like to play on?
8 Put me on the East Coast servers! I log in today to find myself playing on West Coast 2 I think it was and I'm in South Carolina from my findings I should be on the East Coast 2 or even better yet the South Servers which also baffles me as to how the East Coast 2 servers had better PING than the South Servers did I'm not sure if it's the players connecting or if it's me as my own distance from the server
9 Better yet can we combine a few servers because it seems pretty weird to have what 10 or 15 servers setup world wide and like 5 in America, yes I know 343 wants to make things fair for everyone but that seems a fair bit overkill when Halo 3, Reach, Halo 4 on 360 when it was populated never needed servers like this
10 I'll stop complaining but something just feels off on games that aren't played on Halo 4 engine as that feels the smoothest and going to Halo 3 or CE something just feels off-putting, latency could have something to do with it or even the 30FPS to 60FPS translation but Halo 4 feels almost perfect when PING is low but the other games feel to stutter and feel like Emulation on PC where you play a game and you notice something is pretty different and not to original specs
#2 should be top priority. The connection is horrendous in this game. The bullets don't register half the time. What kind of FPS is this where you have to shoot away from the body to land a bullet? I wonder who came up with this concept.

It takes players 1-2 bullets to kill me from the back (across the map in Narrows for example) when I'm 1 shot. But it will take me 4 or 5 (if I'm lucky) because I'm in Canada (WEST). It must suck for EU/ANZ players. Here are my ping times for some of the games:

https://imgur.com/a/AwqAZr0

Please pay attention to the last image. Since when is Japan closer to Canada than East US? Also, let us choose the servers. We should be able to choose what servers we want to play on (west, east etc...). The unfair advantage some players get (and myself if its west server sometimes) is ridiculous. Every game is inconsistent. Your skill means nothing. It's the server that decides it.
1.Shotty snipers, juggernaut and bring back multi team to multiplayer.
2. What happened to communication with pro players? On single halo clips on YouTube, royal 2 has several clips with bullet registration issues.
3.Re-do the netcode for host disadvantage, stop pretending it's not an issue.
4.Spawns are still messed up in H3 and CE, CE being the worst. Did a match on battlecreek, two blue guys spawned at red base, then our whole team keep getting spawned around the corner of the base from where we just died about 6 times in a row instead of across the map at or own base or at least a decent distance away.
5.Ban system is garbage, fix itP
6.Pingtimes/servers/P2P whatever it is needs addressed. Some matches you can't do anything because it feels your a full second behind making br battles frustrating/impossible to win, then get t-bagged cause they think your terrible.
Xp3rious wrote:
zvenom91 wrote:
1 Please take the 5 min bans off of quitting or getting disconnected every single time as I got disconnected from the server in matchmaking yesterday mind you only once but I still had to wait 5 mins to play again
2 Fix the latency in Halo 3 as it's sometimes is unfair on how you can shoot the enemy and then melee and the enemy somehow gets the kill after 1 melee without even shooting first causing utter frustration
3 Add in Join in Progress to Big Team Matches in Social please!! Just like on 360 for Halo 4 where you can join in or with a friend a couple mins in as it would make it so much more enjoyable to not be unbalanced in 8v8, while at it let there be a option to start a Big Team match with 14, 12 or even 10 players and find other players a min or so into the game so you can play more frequently.
4 Let me boot annoying players who betray me over and over again as it seems a troll can betray me as much as they want and I never get a boot option
5 Decrease Halo 3 weighting as anytime I search with Halo 3 as a option I will get Halo 3 about 80 or 90% of the time, I'm not sure if trolls are purposely only selecting Halo 3 as a option to play but the whole choose what you want to play is not any different than before that part got added. If anything force a player to choose 2 or more games to play online so people like me selecting Halo CE, 2, 2C, 3 and 4 can get something different than only Halo 3 please
6 Increase Halo 4 weighting, I'm not sure if people who play Halo MCC have some kind of gripe against Halo 4 but I would surely play the 360 version of Halo 4 less if I had a chance of ever getting to play a Halo 4 Big Team or even a Halo 4 Team Slayer match which seems rare to happen.
7 Continuing on Halo 4 Weighting can you adjust it to where you get stock maps like Vortex alongside DLC maps like Shatter and not solely DLC Maps? can I have a option to choose my favorite maps per game so I can have a say on which maps I actually do like to play on?
8 Put me on the East Coast servers! I log in today to find myself playing on West Coast 2 I think it was and I'm in South Carolina from my findings I should be on the East Coast 2 or even better yet the South Servers which also baffles me as to how the East Coast 2 servers had better PING than the South Servers did I'm not sure if it's the players connecting or if it's me as my own distance from the server
9 Better yet can we combine a few servers because it seems pretty weird to have what 10 or 15 servers setup world wide and like 5 in America, yes I know 343 wants to make things fair for everyone but that seems a fair bit overkill when Halo 3, Reach, Halo 4 on 360 when it was populated never needed servers like this
10 I'll stop complaining but something just feels off on games that aren't played on Halo 4 engine as that feels the smoothest and going to Halo 3 or CE something just feels off-putting, latency could have something to do with it or even the 30FPS to 60FPS translation but Halo 4 feels almost perfect when PING is low but the other games feel to stutter and feel like Emulation on PC where you play a game and you notice something is pretty different and not to original specs
#2 should be top priority. The connection is horrendous in this game. The bullets don't register half the time. What kind of FPS is this where you have to shoot away from the body to land a bullet? I wonder who came up with this concept.

It takes players 1-2 bullets to kill me from the back (across the map in Narrows for example) when I'm 1 shot. But it will take me 4 or 5 (if I'm lucky) because I'm in Canada (WEST). It must suck for EU/ANZ players. Here are my ping times for some of the games:

Please pay attention to the last image. Since when is Japan closer to Canada than East US? Also, let us choose the servers. We should be able to choose what servers we want to play on (west, east etc...). The unfair advantage some players get (and myself if its west server sometimes) is ridiculous. Every game is inconsistent. Your skill means nothing. It's the server that decides it.
Totally agree, but are you on Ethernet or WiFi? Cheap routers can also cause high ping times along with ISP that don't know what they're doing. If you have a router/modem combo try getting separate modem and router. ping times aren't that high for me but the game still feels off.
1.Apply the bullet spread patch that bungie did with og H3 should help quite a bit.
2. Shotty snipers, juggernaut and bring back multi team to multiplayer.
3. What happened to communication with pro players? On single halo clips on YouTube, royal 2 has several clips with bullet registration issues.
4. Re-do the netcode for host disadvantage, stop pretending it's not an issue.
5. Spawns are still messed up in H3 and CE, CE being the worst. Did a match on battlecreek, two blue guys spawned at red base, then our whole team keep getting spawned around the corner of the base from where we just died about 6 times in a row instead of across the map at or own base or at least a decent distance away.
6. Ban system is garbage, fix it
7. Ping times/servers/P2P whatever it is needs addressed. Some matches you can't do anything because it feels your a full second behind making br battles frustrating/impossible to win, then get t-bagged cause they think your terrible.
I heard a few days ago that the spawn system of CE have always be that way. Some red players spawn in blue base is normal, it happened in the original game back 2001. It's the essence of the game, chaos.
Xp3rious wrote:
zvenom91 wrote:

Totally agree, but are you on Ethernet or WiFi? Cheap routers can also cause high ping times along with ISP that don't know what they're doing. If you have a router/modem combo try getting separate modem and router. ping times aren't that high for me but the game still feels off.
I'm hardwired directly into the cable modem. No router either. I have a switch, but the xbox connection does not go through that.
MCC Multiplayer: There are too many playlists in the game as it currently stands.

I know it might wound your pride to cut down the game to a fraction of what it COULD be, but the fact stands that many of the competitive playlists (and some of the social match composer options) do not have a consistent player base. For example, while waiting for my friend to get online last night I thought I'd try finding games in some playlists that I've never played before - H2A Fast Slayer, H2C Hardcore, H2A Hardcore. I didn't find a single person in these playlists, and this was around 9 PM Eastern time. Then I went over into the match composer thinking I would try FFA and couldn't find a single person in that either. I know it stinks that there aren't enough players but that needs to inform the playlist selections, it is simply pointless and annoying to include unpopulated playlists.

I will also echo the startup issues that the game is consistently having. Unacceptable.

Final issue: Halo 3 Spawns. Something is seriously wrong here. I play a lot of OG H3 on the 360 still and I can tell you first hand that spawning is not the same in MCC. There seems to be a TON of weighting to teammate location, even when that teammate is fighting an enemy in close/medium proximity. I notice this the most playing doubles. My team will kill an enemy, I'll push into the opposing team's base to try to chase down the other weakened player but the other player will spawn right on top of me, essentially creating a 2 on 1 out of no where. Incredibly annoying. The spawns seem to resemble CE spawns which don't have much regard for combat/enemy location.
Still feels like there is absolutely no point in searching ranked when playlists swap in and out at random, the Waypoint Skill Ranks have been frozen for over a year, and there is still no progression/experience system in game.

Also I think I'll sell my Xbox if we ever get nonsense like ranked SWAT, Snipers, or H4 before we get ranked H2 FFA, 2v2, or CE 4v4.
Still feels like there is absolutely no point in searching ranked when playlists swap in and out at random, and there is still no progression/experience system in game.
Fast Slayer was only meant to be temporary and I doubt H2A Hardcore was populated enough for a good while to stick around. They're working on the progression system which will likely release when Reach and the other PC games come out.
Xp3rious wrote:
Xp3rious wrote:
zvenom91 wrote:

I'm hardwired directly into the cable modem. No router either. I have a switch, but the xbox connection does not go through that.
Where are you located? Do you have cable/DSL/satellite internet? How old and what brand and model number is your modem, I know some models made a little bit ago that had intel puma chipsets had issues with lag spikes, check out this list to see if yours is on it. https://approvedmodemlist.com/intel-puma-6-modem-list-chipset-defects/
  • All Game
  • Matchmaking ping lock
  • Plz remove ranked ping lock!!! Social matchmaking's expand ping lock is pretty good, please use it in ranked too...
Still feels like there is absolutely no point in searching ranked when playlists swap in and out at random, the Waypoint Skill Ranks have been frozen for over a year, and there is still no progression/experience system in game.

Also I think I'll sell my Xbox if we ever get nonsense like ranked SWAT, Snipers, or H4 before we get ranked H2 FFA, 2v2, or CE 4v4.
100%! 343 needs to make your profile show the highest rank you’ve achieved even if the playlist has been removed. I can’t believe there is still no ranked FFA. It’s been asked for for a solid year now. H2C needs more of an emphasis in ranked. FFA is perfect for that
  • All Game
  • Matchmaking ping lock
  • Please remove ping lock .Asian gamers can not find any competitive games
We are allowed to find the games with a ping of up to 500 when selecting expanded back in Halo 5. As the matchmaking population is more than low outside North America, to maintain a strict latency limit reminds me of nothing but Trump's isolationism at present.

100%! 343 needs to make your profile show the highest rank you’ve achieved even if the playlist has been removed. I can’t believe there is still no ranked FFA. It’s been asked for for a solid year now. H2C needs more of an emphasis in ranked. FFA is perfect for that
I'm very glad to see others like me have taken notice to this. This needs to happen.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2A
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Reloading sound drops out
  • REPRO STEPS: When I reload, sometimes there is no sound for reloading.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: i think it happens, when i press reload to early after my last shot (but not just then). maybe there is something (another sound) which cancles the reload sound. it seem to happen when there is another sound already playing so it doesn't start the reload sound.
Another thing: sometimes the language on the loading screen is in a different language. this happens for the description of the gametype.
Still need a Veto option in H3, we had it years ago why not now?? Especially in BTB, getting tired of Last Resort. Thanks
Still need a Veto option in H3, we had it years ago why not now?? Especially in BTB, getting tired of Last Resort. Thanks
Vetoing results in the majority just playing what they want to play while the minority gets left out. I'd rather have the less popular maps/gametypes have a lower weighting instead.
I'm against quit bans but you guys have to start banning team killers and AFK players. And the first offenses should be harsh. Get rid of these people.
I'm against quit bans but you guys have to start banning team killers and AFK players. And the first offenses should be harsh. Get rid of these people.
I'm curious why you are okay with AFK bans but not quit bans? They essentially are the same thing.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Vetoing results in the majority just playing what they want to play while the minority gets left out. I'd rather have the less popular maps/gametypes have a lower weighting instead.
Did you play H3 back when it came out with the veto option? It was better than this, if you play with a group you can pick the game or map that favors you to win.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10