Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

MCC Multiplayer Feedback (Xbox)

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 46
Game: MCC Halo: Reach
My Feedback: Starting with the light cons; The new Season Points system compared to the old cR system was a bit odd - other Reach fans I talk to and play with agree. But I digress, I can see the vision behind it. It would have been nice to unlock the armor through the ranks and saving up for the armor you really wanted a few levels ahead. The rank insignias are a bit repetitive which some players and friends are not much fans of and miss the different ones per rank. It's cool none the less as the tier system seems interesting to me. The special ranks (Hero, Legend, Mythic, etc) I will miss dearly lol. The new AFK feature is great to fight boosters or friends/enemies spawning in and getting kicked for inactivity, leaving a team down a player. However, it seems like you cant stop moving your mouse/gamepad or you'll stall a queue even when you're just waiting to get in a match. The timeout period might have to be set a little higher? One last light con (lol); where's Forge? I think I read a post saying it was gonna be launched later this or next year. I do have to say that one thing I liked about the armor system was that you can see the other players' armor - as well as their ranks. These are pretty small things, but it made the gameplay great. Oh - and challenges ;-; It still is an amazing game and is HEAVILY nostalgic to say the very least! Job well done for 343!

Things I would have to say that were the best things that could happen are: Improved graphics, but the team kept the old style! Ditching the Delay Match button as it was spammed on last gen Halo: Reach. We now have more maps! Kept the old armor (was a bit scared about the armor being different to be honest). Matchmaking seems faster than before. Running the game at 60 FPS and more is so much better! I don't think I could ever go back.

Overall, this game has aged well and is paired greatly with the best improvements - some open to criticism I suppose, but once again I digress. I can't stop playing it like when I got my Legendary Edition around Launch in 2010!

Thank you 343 for the early Holiday Present!
Just got a game done and the legendary, assist and grenade kill medals are not going towards the relative achievements. Legendary medals are not going towards "Domination". Grenade kills are not going towards "Catch This". And assist are not going towards "Nice Work Dawg".
Feedback- multiplayer takes to long to load a game....loading connecting session

Feedback on maps- we need uncaged and asylum and a few other maps.

What happened to the old credits and ranking system that was much better. Not this battle pass look alike. Also halo 3 armour needs to be fixed why is that we cant change our armour to whatever we want like the good old halo 3 days
A disconnection bug I discovered (clip):
https://xboxclips.com/MonsterMONST3R/e32ef41c-b35c-4177-9cde-63b2993f98df/embed

It’s kind of strange because one would assume that I was the one who lost connection to the match (because to me it appeared as though everyone else left) but I actually still got xp for finishing the match afterwards lololol

*FYI: I did not lose connection to the internet*
In MCC on Xbox, I can't get in to a Reach multiplayer game for some reason. Here's what happened/ is still happening: I search for a Reach game, found players, started loading in, then when the load bar got about halfway loaded, I see the menu picture and in the bottom righthand corner it says "Leaving...". But I wasn't leaving the game. This has happened multiple times and is still currently happening. If anyone can help, tell me what's going on or provide a fix, I would appreciate it.
For the tech guys at 343....i couldn't get a game of matchmaking to load on my wireless isp. (Rise broadband), but when I used a mobile hotspot....worked fine.
TROY0806 wrote:
In MCC on Xbox, I can't get in to a Reach multiplayer game for some reason. Here's what happened/ is still happening: I search for a Reach game, found players, started loading in, then when the load bar got about halfway loaded, I see the menu picture and in the bottom righthand corner it says "Leaving...". But I wasn't leaving the game. This has happened multiple times and is still currently happening. If anyone can help, tell me what's going on or provide a fix, I would appreciate it.
It happens to me to. Every since this update, matchmaking has been completely broken for me.
I've just encountered a glitch were my season rank next to my name on the roster is warrant officer third class but on my career I'm only warrant officer idk how to fix this can someone help me pls
MCC GAME: MCC Halo: Reach
Feedback: When I am queuing up with my friends we only get matched to east us servers and not west EU servers even though were living in germany. Is this a bug or is MCC matchmaking just looking to get you in the first game it can find. It is very frustrating to play with a 100ms ping. I'd rather spend 2-5 minutes in matchmaking queue to have a game on the EU servers.
For whatever reason when I'm queuing for a game of say BTB, the amount of people needed will be met but it'll take an unusually long time for the game to start. Any ideas?
It is good so far, the only couple of things I'd like to see is, one, put in the voting feature that was in halo reach so we can choose out of 3 to 6 modes/maps to play games on, majority rules. The second is, is there any way to let us port our forge maps from the original reach to mcc reach? There is a third thing, for invasion or btb, it will find a game then drop it, then find a game, then drop ot, what's up with that?
Keep making me lag out when I’m playing with a team in big team battle 4 games in a row he gets in and I don’t. My internet is not messing up I’m still in chat with him when this happens on xbl
I Fugo I wrote:
Please 343, fix the spawns on Big Team Battle for Boneyard or remove it from the BTB map pool, the map is heavily Blue team favored and after the blue team spawn traps Red team the game is decided. There no way to recover because of how open the spawn positions are for Red team.

Blue Team has the easiest rout off start to get to the top of the hollowed out ship via the stairs to the left of their main spawn (where the first phase of invasion happens, forget the exact name) they even have a spawn up there. Red team doesn’t have an efficient way to get up there other than choosing jetpack to specifically go up there to the right of Red Spawn or taking the stairs that is in the middle of the map and being exposed to Blue Teams tank which they definitely will have. Which Brings up the point, Blue teams Tank spawn has a clear line of sight to Reds spawn and it is in a position where Reds tank can’t get shots on Blues tank. In addition Reds tank can’t do the same shenanigans, like spawn killing blue team because blue spawn has cover. Red tank can’t even get a good position to snipe people who are up on the ship catwalk because again, there’s so much cover up there and Blue team will already have control of that portion of the map within the first 30 seconds of the game. Boneyard is an invasion map, either keep it that way or go in and fix the spawns so Red team doesn’t get trampled every game. I’ve been on both sides and neither is fun.
i honestly have no hope they'll fix this
I honestly like the game the way it was remade. But honestly they need that map voting back in the game tbh cause idc about the maps it’s the game types.
Im really disappointed like multiplayer n campaign are good but why did youll not use the old ranking system. Why did youll have to do a battle pass. And why charge for a game we already bought this is so disappointing.
Agreed the battle pass ranking system is whack. I feel like this release was more for PC cause if you're on Xbox One you can just play real Halo Reach lol
this game is "real halo reach" as you put it the only thing different the "battle pass" when its not, its just a level system, and i think after them doing this for us the community they deserve our money, where im from its only 13 bucks for an amazing game (free with game pass), they didn't even need to add this to mcc but they did any way, and they didnt just add it to mcc, they added to PC mcc with FOV sliders and they buped it up from 30 fps to 60, i think 343I is doing a great job listening to the fans at the moment and this is just the cherry on top
Halo reach mcc needs a voting map system back back cause like it’s not the maps that are the problem it’s the gametypes it’s not fun playing grifball dash 20 million times and blargball regular so much better. But this goes out to people who play slayer other gametypes with maps they don’t want.
PC player here... Whenever i try to matchmake, or when i actually manage to get into a game it forces my entire Modem to reboot. This is literally the only game that has this issue and it's extremely frustrating.
Put on PC game page.
As a long time fan of halo as well as now an adult with a full time career working between 70-90 hours a week. I find it very disheartening discouraging when games utilize seasons to unlock rewards. As much as I would love to play the game for large amounts of time that I was once able to work gets in the way. I can only play small bits throughout the week if I am not too tired to or a bit on the weekend, but due to the season system employed it is near impossible to achieve the armor unlocks which were already near impossible on the original halo reach, but I would rather the system employed in the original halo reach over the season system.

Aside from that I really like what has been done, when I first heard the word season uttered online in regards to I feared the worst and lost all hope I had building, but I am so thankful that it is not something you have to purchase like in other games like fortnite and call of duty. After all these years and mis steps Halo can finally come back in a big way if 343 plays their cards right. I did buy the reach 9.99 item for Halo MCC on my xbox upon booting up MCC but prior to playing a match. There was once a time where I could only afford a handful of games per year and I would always choose halo titles over the others, now with said career I could afford any titles, but in this hellscape of titles that charge full price for a title and then have in game stores or packs or memberships it just pushes me away and makes me sick.

Im hopeful for the future of Halo for the first time in a very long time. I just hope this gets through if not for this halo reach than maybe for infinite. You don't need to sell packs to make your money a quality game will earn probably more look at EAs latest title.

P.s. I would buy 10 map packs before I ever buy a pack in halo 5 or halo wars 2. Also the Halo Channel android app seems a bit in the past.
Multiplayer achievements not unlocking.
Alright so I already have some issues with the mcc Halo Reach multiplayer. So let’s start going down the list, first i just wanted to say I’m glad you guys put reach on mcc so it could be revived but there’s some things missing with it. Now, I’m a Living Dead player and enjoy trying on it but I enjoy it more when it’s the maps I want to play. What I’m saying here is to bring back voting. Why voting? Because I don’t always like to play infection on the anniversary remakes or on Deadwalk. I’d like to vote for Alpha Zombies most of the time with infection here and there and I’m also not the biggest fan of the anniversary remake maps but I enjoy them from time to time. Also bring back the original maps instead of just Deadwalk, Powerless, Spooky Base, etc. like put back Countdown, Boardwalk, Reflection, and so on. Only reason I would like this is because the old maps, as one could say, are just nostalgic. For example, in 2011 and maybe a year or two after, back when Sword Base was still a map on Living Dead. Everyone would run to the vent and zombies would rush in all at once picking off one human after another. It just brings back some good memories thinking about those maps and I guess it’s also enjoyable for last man standing when you have both vents open instead of one on Countdown. So these are just my opinions on something that should be added to mcc reach or all of mcc.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 46