Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback (Xbox)

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 48
No sound in Reach Multiplayer, Firefight or Campaign. Can't even launch a custom game for Halo 2 or 3. Game freezes while pausing. These are all issues I'm having with my launch Xbox One, where as my brother in laws Xbox One S works perfectly. Anybody else having these problems?
Now that MCC also includes the Reach MP maps, alongwith all the DLC content that was mysteriously removed from Reach's matchmaking servers a few years ago....I'm playing this pretty much everyday.
Great job 343 listening to and rewarding the stubborn Halo die-hards.
Thanks!!

… but, now that I'm finally jumping on this regularly, I'm confused by a few things.
Where is the Theater?
How can I watch, save, and re-watch multiplayer matches like I've been doing since Halo 3.
I see the films tab, temporary files and it's list of recent matches the game says I can view,
but when I click on anything, it only offers the option to 'remove' the file, not watch it.
Is theater mode something that was planned for MCC but never fully integrated?
...also, while trying to figure this out, I saved and uploaded a game film to my file-share, thinking
I might be able to watch it that way... have no clue where that file disappeared to lol.
I'm guessing it uploaded to my file share so others can download it, but what would be the point
if there's no theater option in which to view saved game films.

Hoping I'm missing something really simple here as Theater mode was definitely one of the standout features
that really separated this franchise from all the fps clones, well that, and also that there's nothing else quite
like it left standing anymore.
Protocol 3 wrote:
No sound in Reach Multiplayer, Firefight or Campaign. Can't even launch a custom game for Halo 2 or 3. Game freezes while pausing. These are all issues I'm having with my launch Xbox One, where as my brother in laws Xbox One S works perfectly. Anybody else having these problems?
I have an Xbox One S, friend of mine has the Xbox One X... game runs perfectly for both of us.
Might be your aging console. Make sure your cloud saves are up to date for the game and
try re-installing it.
Protocol 3 wrote:
I have an Xbox One S, friend of mine has the Xbox One X... game runs perfectly for both of us.
Might be your aging console. Make sure your cloud saves are up to date for the game and
try re-installing it.
Saves are up to date and Reinstalling everything doesn't work. This isn't just a Reach problem, ever since Reach was added to the collection my entire game has become unplayable.
I'd like to share a thread from May this year that is specifically about Multiplayer.
Hoping for this to gain some attention, or at least my comment/suggestion does more or less.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/please-remove-the-tu-settings-for-reach/1488b1a8-d2ef-473e-93ae-1ae9c8b83c80/posts

Thanks.
  • MCC HALO GAME: MCC multiplayer matchmaking in general
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The idle (AFK) detection boots you from matchmaking
  • REPRO STEPS:
  1. Start matchmaking.
  2. Wait to get booted out of matchmaking.
I shouldn't have to interact with my xbox in order to ensure I get a match. If I'm waiting for a match, I am waiting. I don't always do something with my box while it's looking for a match.
Please 343 Engineers and Forum Moderators take note,

Starting at min 24:00 DigitalFoundry accurately criticizes the shortcomings of the current state of Reach on MCC:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5kCLcu8hdk&feature=emb_title

"In summary, I'd say that there's a solid base here but Reach requires a fair amount of work to get the remaster into a really good place. First of all, the post-process pipeline should scale correctly with resolution as opposed to diminishing in effectiveness the higher you push the pixel count. I'd also like to see motion blur restored and improved in quality, along with an in-game toggle for players that would prefer not to use it. Next up, audio doesn't sound correct - I was really surprised to hear effects that are more muffled than the original Xbox 360 release.
Then there's performance, which also needs a push. In prior Master Chief Collection releases on Xbox One, we've seen improvements to frame-rate arrive over time with a tighter lock to 60 frames per second - and I really hope that the developers can revisit Reach to iron out the stutters and skips, and generally improve the turnout on both X and especially S consoles. PC runs beautifully at 60fps but I'd describe the experience on anything above that as completely broken. It needs a rethink.
In summary, as a PC gamer primarily, I do appreciate this release. The quality of the game itself is - and has always been - absolutely fantastic, and the chance to experience it at 60fps with a high resolution is a real treat. But it really needs to be better - the legacy of Halo, the quality of Reach itself and the potential from a remaster practically demands it. Preserving games for the future - especially on PC - means replicating them as they were in all the places where it matters, while improving them at the same time based on the scalability of today's hardware and beyond. Perhaps this may sound overly harsh in some respects, but this is the Halo remaster that will persist for years or even decades to come - and while the foundation is solid overall, there are clearly issues here that need attention."
Scotty ATC wrote:
Connecting.....failed to connect
Game found.
Loading game.
Leaving game.
Loading game.
Leaving game.
Loading game.
Leaving game.
When will this get fixed?
BTW....relay off & Halo 5 works fine from same console and Internet connection.....it's gotta be an ISP to MCC server problem.....
Not sure if this is intentional but there are no king of the hill medals available, i assume they're still available in the other games but for some reason not in reach!
Game: Mcc in general (console) Issue: I literally can't play multiplayer. Not just for Reach like my last post. I start matchmaking, get a game, start loading and the bottom righthand corner says "Leaving..." and I get kicked. It says "Connection Interrupted" now but my internet is completely fine. I can play the campaigns though so idk whats going on. If anyone can help or tell me whats happening, please do so. I just want to play Reach...
Game: Halo Reach
Issue: Double Hologram loadout in TU Slayer.

I understand Armor Lock was removed, but to replace it with a 2nd Hologram ability is a silly oversight.
Search times!!
connecting to session, restarting search. connecting to session, restarting search. connecting to session, restarting search. connecting to session, restarting search and so on...

15 minutes to find a game in SOCIAL!

feel like it‘s 2014...

(playing reach, all normal game modes 4v4, searching with 2 players, europe, open NAT)
I find games like instantly
Game: Reach
Suggestion: Can you please add the ability to view player armor in the lobby?
This is more or less a rant, I know I’m bad, but that is sustainable with a team.. Except when I do team stuff they all just do the old rubber band trick so they don’t get kicked from inactivity, or they just straight up throw the game, I’m down for a chill session where no one does anything, but you would think, “Oh the other team is playing the game, so we should stop them.” Nope, they just let them do what ever they want, the least you could do is kill someone, but nah, they just watch you get destroyed, I’ll get flak for this, but I don’t care, this is annoying, not at all what I remember when I played this game in 2010, I’m cool with the boosters, the people who use rubber bands, but dude, it’s kind of repetitive getting the same three dudes that don’t do a thing. Or the same damn team that throws the game. When all they have to do? Is get medals, keep the game going and play, again, nope. I’ll love and play this game for as long as I possibly can, but it’s pathetic that I have to get my friends to play just so I can get some points, all I want is my damn armor back. In no way does this belong here, but I give up trying to get others to play the objectives.
Matchmaking times are atrocious on Xbox One X. Takes 20+ minutes to find a game in Reach Team Hardcore and Social Reach Big Team Battle. Very rarely is the matchmaking fast. What happened? Before the Reach update the matchmaking was almost instant. I am currently sitting at over 30 minutes to find a Social Reach BTB match. This is beyond awful. This compounded by getting kicked for being idle while matchmaking, like your supposed to constantly browsing the Options & Career screen while it attempts to find a game. This is just as bad, if not worst, then launch MCC.
Matchmaking times are atrocious on Xbox One X. Takes 20+ minutes to find a game in Reach Team Hardcore and Social Reach Big Team Battle. Very rarely is the matchmaking fast. What happened? Before the Reach update the matchmaking was almost instant. I am currently sitting at over 30 minutes to find a Social Reach BTB match. This is beyond awful. This compounded by getting kicked for being idle while matchmaking, like your supposed to constantly browsing the Options & Career screen while it attempts to find a game. This is just as bad, if not worst, then launch MCC.
Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people moved over to PC. Crossplay should be a priority IMO but it seems like they have that on the meeting agenda for never.
qlimm wrote:
Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people moved over to PC. Crossplay should be a priority IMO but it seems like they have that on the meeting agenda for never.
I turned off Network Relay and it seems to have helped dramatically. You shouldn't have to expose your IP Address in order to have fast matchmaking.
Halo reach I feel the spawning is flawed. There have been so many times when I'm playing seat or snipers and I spawn directly in front of the enemy and die. Plus there is an issue with map variety. Most of the Slayer games types just use the same maps. I understand that it's dlc but having a bunch of Halo 1 remakes just kinda kill it. If I wanted to play a remade map I would just play that game in mcc. And the maps should match the game type. Getting sniper game type and playing zealot map is just feels bad man.
One of my biggest gripes with the Multiplayer atm is attempting to find any games that can give King of the Hill Medals and Capture the Flag Medals (For achievements). It takes up to 15 or so minutes before I find a game, and if I actually do, somehow the teams are so ridiculously one sided you might as well just leave considering you can't even leave spawn without dying.

Can we please have these medals (as well as others if available) distributed on other games besides their original counterparts (aka Halo 2 Anniversary and Halo 4)? Or better yet available to progress these achievements in Custom Games? It's just way too much effort to even get a game started and I'd rather play Halo Reach anyway, just sucks that King of the Hill doesn't reward you with anything Hill related and as for CTF all you can get is kill the carrier or deliver the flag.
one of my biggest issues with the halo mcc on reach is that it doesnt make use of spawn locations, but seems to rely heavily on buddy spawn systems, causing you to spawn with the dude thats currently engaged in combat, increasing the spawn deaths exponentially and takes away all tactical advantage or strategy in the game. you spawn in and the enemy knows exactly where you are cause you just spawn within 10 feet of them directly in their sight line. the other issue i have is the leave lobby system. ive been game banned 1 or 2 times for leaving a lobby before the game started due to the game not letting me leave, or by simply not giving a countdown timer and starting almost instantaneously, when im just trying to get off to take care of some stuff. the game just simply doesnt give you the full opportunity to leave. almost my entire discord server is having negative feedback with this and oftentimes are having a reduced feedback trying to leave a lobby due to the unresponsiveness of the game whether on the lobby screen or the progression screen. Many people i know are reporting that they have to spam and mash the b button just to get it to register that they are trying to leave...if the game gives them enough time at all to leave. a bunch of us have been thrown into games almost 5 seconds after the last one ended. all youre doing is marking people with a bunch of false positives and ruining their gameplay experience by preventing them from playing the game when theyre not in the wrong
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 48