Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback (Xbox)

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 48
Hi, when i tru to play halo reach online it says mossing content and that the halo reach multiplayer sint installed, tryed reinstalling IT With no luck!
in the download section in mcc IT says i have all games and mp downloaded! I play trough game pass
They ruined spire too, for no reason at all
I got my first chance to play the new MCC this weekend and it's pretty fantastic so far. Reach has been ported wonderfully, it's a jarring switch but a welcomed positive one, it feels different from the original but plays great. One thing I did notice is that the firing rate on the Concussion Rifle is moderately slower than on OG, and the Fuel Rod Cannon has a pretty aggressive bounce to it now. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly and am not used to it, but that's something that stuck out to me. The seasons thing works out better than I expected, it's grindy but it feels nice and doesn't feel too astray from a Halo type system. The new UI is very clean and manueverable as well. I haven't played in over a month out of frustration with the state of the game, but it's a welcome return. Hopefully CE and 2 can get the same re-porting treatment and 3 can get its netcode fixed, then MCC will truly be an incredible Halo archival experience!
I would much rather see my rank next to my tag when searching in the competitive playlists. It’s slightly annoying that I have to be either in the lobby to know my rank or if I’m not host I have to click on my player profile to see it. I could care less about the experience icon. Either both should be displayed, or only the rank should be displayed while the experience icon is visible in the player profile.
Tigerise wrote:
PLEASE FIX THE CAREER K.D STATS!!!!
Is this fixed yet?
Still really need ranked crossplay with PC userbase, still really need an in game Leaderboards for competitive multiplayer, and still getting put into black screen and dropped from games when there is any kinda of network disruption.
removed (meant to be posted on pc not xbox thread)
Help, a few days after you guys released reach for MCC, I've been having trouble connecting to matchmaking games, I can find a lobby, but once it loads it loads slower than normal and the loading bar gets about half way then disconnects me every time, is there a way to fix this? Edit: I've restarted my router and everything and it's still not working
I have been getting Connection Interrupted error since the release of Reach, does anyone have any sort of fix for this because I just can't seem to play any MP at all
Hello 343 I know a lot of people praise you for giving us the Title Update for Halo Reach but there are a very sizable portion of players that are not fans of it aside from the Active Camo and Armor Lock nerfs.

The bloom for all of the common precision weapons in the multiplayer (Needle Rifle, Magnum, DMR) was fine tuned for bringing players together in a match and to reward those who could control their impatience with more accurate projectiles. With more people pacing their shots this in turn made the “first person who gets a hit in a gunfight wins” factor much less important and emphasized Melee and grenade strategies more. This in turn lead to Bungie compounding their old faithful meta by introducing the gameplay setting where damage could not bleed through shields. Having this shield/health threshold area within the players own overall health was completely intentional to further disenfranchise the “first shot” factor and to keep players with the upper hand in a gunfight still on their toes for a surprise reprisal of their adversary, by getting too close, Or providing (in general) an avenue of escape for the belligerent that has taken more damage. This threshold offered a calculated “comeback” scenario that is missing within the Title Updated version of the game. All of these factors in the game intern increased the TTK (time to kill), it made gunfights more interesting plus changed the play style of many people to adapt to the games settings. In my and many many others opinion this lead to less mindless more enjoyable play than just any other FPS shooter. But the small few changes that the Title Update made ruined that experience

Over the course of an entire Year + 7 days everyone who played Halo Reach endured these games settings and those who did not enjoy it stoped playing after maybe a month or so and those who did enjoy the game (aside from Armor Lock because everybody hated that) kept on playing. Everything was fine then Bungie sold Halo and August 2011 comes and all of a sudden a patch is discussed for Halo Reach. What I’m getting at is that the Title Update for the game was too little too late and I don’t know who it was for at that point in the games life cycle. No game should have an update like this a whole year after release because in the best case scenario it would only create a division in the community which it did. A few months later and September 21 arrives and nothing is the same ever again. The Title Update goes live that day and the extremely fragile meta that the entire reach multiplayer had been built on was broken from its core and I just quit playing.

Everyone running around spamming the DMR with no consequence, getting four shot spammed in the head with the pistol at close range and the needle rifle effectively becoming a precision machine gun along with getting 5 shot with an AR then melee’ed. I couldn’t run from any engagement and could not get nearly as many reversals as I use to. I did not even know what game I was playing anymore. I put the game down for a month. I tried to get excited for the remastered version of combat evolved coming soon in November but nothing really satiated that need for the old reach multiplayer, that’s how much I liked it (aside from the armor lock). Eventually I got back into it though, The old core Playlists did not have the Title Update so I was happy with that but still I wish the experience had never of happened in the first place. But now the nightmare has returned and I’m experiencing it all over again.

With the core playlists not being Title Updated the division in the community was as plain as day (aside from the Armor Lock nerfs) and from late 2011 to when Halo Reach released this year on MCC The overwhelming majority of players still preferred to play normal Non-Title Updated Team Slayer along with other playlists in the Non-Title Updated category. Super slayer and other playlists that were Title Updated never received as much popularity and if memory serves me right Infection always had more than all of the Title Updated playlists population combined especially in 2015-2019. The only downside was that Big Team Battle was Title Updated But I didnt know what I was expecting at that point. This is what happens when you release an update for a game a year after it’s release addressing criticisms from when it launched, and for many people 343, this was your First Offense.

343 if you have any heart at all please give us the option to play Halo Reach online multiplayer Non-Title Updated on MCC. And if not that please perhaps re-think the Title Update and only keep the Active Camouflage and Armor Lock nerfs. And if not that, please at least set up a custom games browser so me and my kind can still flourish in our custom matches. And lastly if you decide to not even do that please at least send me a letter explaining to me why I will never be able to enjoy my favorite Halo game like I can the others ever again.

Sincerely, a concerned Spartan
Can we bring back map/gametype voting finally? I get why you removed it before, because Halo 2 kids were crying about everyone always voting for Halo 3. With the custom browser, that is no longer an issue, so really no reason not to let the players vote for the maps and game types that they want to play. It's much more logical than forcing us to play garbage like elite slayer or buddy slayer. Like, I love Reach BTB heavies, but I absolutely hate elite slayer, so why mix them? Especially when you have data from the 360 Reach BTB showing you how rare it was for elite slayer to be voted for and how often BTB heavies was voted for. I know, because I played many thousands of games of it. Honestly, elite slayer should just be eradicated from the game, period. From the stupid evade gimmick, to the garbage power weapons, to the stupid 20 ghosts on the maps, to the stupid 10 shot kill needle rifle, the game type is an absolute cluster. Either get rid of it, or at least separate it from heavies in the custom browser. Thanks

Signed,

99.9% of Reach BTB players

Edit: Buddy Slayer needs to go too. Awful, horrible, terrible game type, for many obvious reasons.
Can I get some other maps in rotation besides -Yoink- powerhouse? its like 40% of all slayer games...😧
Invasion borderline unplayable, so many people quitting before the game even begins.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
The reticle bloom is such a -Yoink- mechanic. Do away with it.
Regarding infection for halo reach gametype...
I know some (maybe even many) enjoy the edited base maps for infection, but I must say that I miss the base maps from launch. The major complaint I do believe was that spartans racked up too many kills against zombies on the old maps and that was what lead to the new maps, but to me that always seemed the point. If you ever watch and/or play anything involving zombies the humans always kill a significant amount of zombies. Infection to me was putting a brain behind the zombie which allowed us to outsmart the spartans, despite their weapon advantage. With the current maps I feel the zombies have more of an advantage than they used to, making the game almost always favorable towards the zombies. The old maps helped me learn to use the energy sword and be more strategic with my gameplay whereas everything now just feels like zombies rushing spartans and hoping not to get shot. I'd like to see the old base maps added back to the rotation, even if it's given a small chance of being selected, it would be fun to try and out smart the guns with energy swords once again. I'd also like to hear from other players and know if I'm in the minority or majority, but infection was once my favorite gametype for reach.
Make it so we can choose what we want to unlock in a whole tier page? That would give people more free range to select what they want at any point.
and decrease how long the later levels take to get through, it makes getting armor unhealthily long of a process to unlock. I have a life outside of halo and I just want to get my armor
Why did we not get a say or the opportunity to vote for competitive playlists?? Hardcore is the only option for 4v4. Why???
Agreed. Not only is Hardcore the only option for 4v4, but worse yet it is so stripped down it doesn't even feel like Reach. Aside from a few different weapon options and different maps I really don't see any real reason to play Reach right now.

Please bring back AA's, bloom and the whole selection of maps and gametypes.

I must say the speed of matchmaking right now is very nice but I'm a little worried how long this will last.

Edit: Tried the social browser, and it plays quite well :)
I made a post about my recent experience within the H2A multiplayer so I'll make a quick one here just to give you guys some feedback.

Can you guys please allow matchmaking achievements become available in Custom Games? Anytime I seem to find objective based gamemodes or anything in the previous generations, have been resulted in me and my team being spawn killed until the time is almost up, vice versa if people on the other team just start leaving resulting in us running around the map finding kills (however this is usually in Slayer). It really needs some kind of skill based matchmaking or a report function to avoid these people so you don't end up finding them two games or so later. Essentially, it's almost impossible to have a proper game when majority of your games are one sided and really I don't feel like playing if this is going to be the case every single time.

Also there really needs to be some kind of community playlist featuring all of the Halo games with Community voted forge maps and game modes. Specifically speaking I'm talking about Multi-team, racing and Infection Progression maps as pure examples. It might actually give incentive to make people play the older games because currently I'm only finding decent games in Reach.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 48