Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback (Xbox)

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 19
  4. 20
  5. 21
  6. 22
  7. 23
  8. ...
  9. 48
Discovered that Reach MP isn’t tracking for the “Catch This” achievement (500 grenade kills).

Managed to get quite a few and my tracker hasn’t moved up.
Discovered that Reach MP isn’t tracking for the “Catch This” achievement (500 grenade kills).

TheDonCJG wrote:

Half the Halo games never tracked for that. It's rather annoying.
TheDonCJG wrote:

Half the Halo games never tracked for that. It's rather annoying.
Really? Never even realised.
considering it doesn’t say it’s H2A specific that’s a bit crap tbh
What gives ? I'm in the UK with a 35ms ping to the west europe servers. But every single game your 'automatic' matchmaking puts me on the east coast US servers with a ping of 95ms or more ! So the games are horrid, you get killed by people before you even realise you're getting shot at, and to shoot them takes about a thousand bullets...

In what possible universe would being constantly forced to play with transatlantic latency be 'the best choice of server' for me ?? And further, if this is going to be a constant feature, can I get a refund ?
Trying to play multiplayer but everytime I'm loading into a match I get a pop up saying "connection interupted". My wifi itself is fine but it keeps happening, not sure what to do about it.
I just played two rounds of firefight but instead of double xp I got no xp at all... is this a double xp weekend or a no xp weekend?
same for my whole squad.

edit: seems like multiplayer XP works (Halo CE and Reach). Only firefight does not give any xp at all atm...

edit 2: halo 2 multiplayer also does not give XP!

edit 3: firefight does give XP again, but no double XP, only normal.
Been having the same issue on Invasion. Every few matches I'll get 0 xp or the normal amount. Very frustrating
Can you put something in place to allow players to change teams if they are unbalanced or punish players more who do leave matches early like less XP per game. I feel like every 10 matches i get into a match and my entire team leave one after another it seems to happen on Halo more than any other FPS.
Hi, would love for the ability to switch X and A in Reach bumper jumper config.
Sometimes matches end and I won’t get any XP. Especially with this being double XP weekend this needs to be fixed.
I've been playing Living Dead / Infection for, I kid you not, years. With nearly 90% if not more of my 20k games being played in the playlist, I have some feedback.

The current "zombified" and apocalyptic maps are clunky and not fun to play as either a Human or a Zombie. Tacky is another word I'd like to use. Uncaged is the best map for zombies hands down and we don't even get to enjoy it because it's not in our playlist rotation at all.

Personally I enjoy base Infection, as nothing beats a roll jump across the map to infect someone that had no idea you existed in the first place, while double shields for Last Man Standing in Infection is an excellent touch. But the game type weighing needs to be way heavier on the Alpha Zombies gametype, it's more popular and I would argue more balanced for new players to the playlist.

All in all, I can't say that I know best for the playlist or that I speak for my peers or Community... But I do have some ideas.

TL;DR- I've been playing Infection for way too long.
All base/default maps included, no variants or little to no changes.
Both gametypes available on all maps.

I look forward to any changes, good or bad.

Editted because I forgot a comma and spazzed.
You need to do something about all the AFKers in all game modes. And if you're going to lock armor behind leveling then let us earn XP in the campaigns. I'd love to play your game.... but you're not managing it well.
Remove the xp cap, add xp to campaign, remove aim assist as well as crossplay, fix the progression system to be less grindy, and add forge. Bam, game fixed.
MonoSi5106 wrote:
Remove the xp cap, add xp to campaign, remove aim assist as well as crossplay, fix the progression system to be less grindy, and add forge. Bam, game fixed.
XP cap? LMAO. Once again, same failure as the credit system in Reach. XP should only be awarded for medals and not need to be capped to slow boosters. When the cap on 360 was 60k, I used to hit it by lunch time playing firefight; #1 on the scoreboard every match. People used to spam FRGs at me and rage quit cause I took all the kills. Got to the point the people playing were just as annoying as the AFKers.
MonoSi5106 wrote:
XP cap? LMAO. Once again, same failure as the credit system in Reach. XP should only be awarded for medals and not need to be capped to slow boosters. When the cap on 360 was 60k, I used to hit it by lunch time playing firefight; #1 on the scoreboard every match. People used to spam FRGs at me and rage quit cause I took all the kills. Got to the point the people playing were just as annoying as the AFKers.
They should have damage stats then they wouldn't be boosting xp
Remove the DLC maps or have voting system also forge maps like the pit I get bad frame rate also you can match 2 americans and get a usa server vs 6 eu players
Are there plans to punish players who are spinning/AFK? This is happening more and more often now. I honestly like the new progression system, it gives me something to grind for. I had three games in a row with this happening and it's taking all the fun out of the game (for both teams).
Obviously I'm a big fan of the fact that they added Halo Reach to MCC, but personally, Multiplayer isn't nearly as fun as it used to be back then. It's all DLC maps, and hardly or very rarely the OG maps. I really would love it if we can vote maps again, or take a good bit of the DLC Maps out of Social Playlists. I play a lot of SWAT and 9/10 its a DLC map like Anchor 9, Penance, Solitary, etc. And hardly ever Boardwalk, Asylum, or other Forge Maps. Even in other game modes like Big Team Battle, I get more DLC Maps than OG Maps. I love how the game feels and how great it looks, but the multiplayer is very quickly killing it for me with maps I hardly recognize nor enjoy. It would be perfect if more Forge World created maps would come back into the mix, instead of playing the same 5 maps repetitively and then being blessed with Asylum. Same thing kind of goes for Infected, except the Zombie variants is all I get, never the regular version of the map, always the edited versions. Deepscream9 isn't all that great, truth be told. Zombies have a hard time even getting close to the Survivors, and it's not really a very well balanced map. I won't comment any further though. It would just be perfect if some maps would be retired out of certain map pools permanently. Anyhow, hope this gets considered in some sense at least.
From my experience, they need to remove the 3 betrayal rule for booting. There are master level trolls
out there who travel in squads that know and understand it. I say we allow a boot option after the first betrayal. If it’s truly an accident (hopefully) the one has the option will recognize it and not boot their teammate.

This will lessen the trolling and definitely lower the betraying for weapons. There are countless times where the same squad works together to acquire as many power weapons from teammates as they can knowing full-well the they only have 2 betrayals each.

Also please bring back the severe penalties for quitting early and betraying. I feel that when players know they’ll be instantly banned (I want to increase it to 15 min), they’ll be more hesitant about doing so in the future. The idling system works well but I also feel like the time interval needs to be shortened(probably to 30 sec or a minute). You should always be active while searching for a game.
OR we could just turn off friendly fire like other games, especially for BTB. No more troll/betrayal issues. I've seen enough of clowns jumping on the tank trying to die cause you got it first, betraying for the sniper, etc.
Yeah don’t even get me started on betraying, turning friendly fire off solves the problem right there. Halo 3s biggest problem is the betraying.
Since reach update mcc game crashes into loading screen after machtmaking completion.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 19
  4. 20
  5. 21
  6. 22
  7. 23
  8. ...
  9. 48