Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback (Xbox)

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 25
  4. 26
  5. 27
  6. 28
  7. 29
  8. ...
  9. 48
I have noticed on several occasions that lasering a fully-occupied Falcon does not properly credit for all kills. This does not occur with warthogs. But whenever I laser a falcon with 3 people, and they visibly die, I only get 1 kill
*Halo Reach Forge Bug*

In Halo Reach Forge on MCC (Xbox), Soft and Hard Kill Boundaries ALWAYS spawn at the start of the round, even if "Place at Start" is set as false. Hopefully this can be fixed sometime soon, because I built a cool new custom game but I need Kill Boundaries to spawn partway through the round in order for the game to function correctly. :/
4 out of 5 Action Sack matches were Boom Ball, one was a Fiesta match I got stomped in. I matched mostly the same people for Boom Ball on the same teams, to the point where they quit because they were tired of losing to the same team on the same game mode over and over. Boom Ball is an alright mode, but can it be lowered or made equal weighting with the actually great Action Sack modes? I've only gotten one Hockey match and have not gotten any other mode in the Insane/Action Sack category yet. It's always Fiesta, Boom Ball, or Dino Blasters.
I have noticed on several occasions that lasering a fully-occupied Falcon does not properly credit for all kills. This does not occur with warthogs. But whenever I laser a falcon with 3 people, and they visibly die, I only get 1 kill
It's a glitch that is also on the 360 Reach. The falcon driver will be given 2 betrayals, for the gunners and the player lasering it is given 1 kill, for the driver. I remember this happening to me all the time on Cragmire: lasering the fully loaded falcon, getting only 1 kill for it, and watching the driver get booted for betrayals.
Really need to bring the punishment to the quitters. Just got done with another match that ended early cause all the enemy players left. This is the 4th time this week and the 2nd time it happened today as I'm writing this. Starting to get real annoyed of how many people are just quitting now. It used to be just people afking all game, but now people are just quitting
Because why stick through a game that you're going to lose because half your team is AFK? It goes back to they just need to make the level up less of a -Yoinking!- grind. If people didn't feel like the only way to get the unlocks they want is to just take up space, they wouldn't.
Hola buena noche, alguien sabe como reportar a los que se quedan parados en las partidas, llevo 4 partidas donde solo están 2 parados.
Bullet Magnetism on console needs to be toned down. It makes cross-mapping with any precision weapon including the pistol much easier than it should be. The worst part is that it makes gameplay frustrating and stale because outplay and counter play options are heavily nerfed and limited.

Here's me headshotting an opponent by shooting at their arm when my bloom is at zero: https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/saa-0/video/83154997
The high bullet magnetism is why Infection is so fustrating for zombies: https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/saa-0/video/83714225
They wouldn't be farmed so easily if headshots weren't given to you on a silver platter.

Bleedthrough has enabled some unintended side effects due to Reach originally being designed with no bleedthrough in mind.
The pistol, which is meant to be a 5-shot, now kills in 4 shots:
Exhibit 1: https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/saa-0/video/83203079
Exhibit 2: https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/saa-0/video/83714231

I don't have any clips, but needle rifle consistently kills in 6 instead of 7 shots.

Prebleedthrough, players had a better chance when fighting opponents back to back because if they got their shields to recharge even a bit after their last fight ended, they could tank an additional precision shot or melee use this to outplay their opponent. If I had shields left, and saw an opponent running to melee, You could melee trade and go for the headshot before their second melee can connect. Now, you have to play a guessing game at whether you have enough shields to take that last shot or melee, and rather than mixing up aggressive and passive play, are now almost always encouraged to wait until your shields recharge by hiding for 8.25 seconds in between fights, slowing down the game, unless you don't mind dying constantly by that unexpected love tap or punch.

A great fix that would keep bleedthrough while emphasizing skill, outplay and counterplay options would be to make bullets that break shields lose headshot capability, and make a return to Halo CE's 3 hit melee system by reducing melee damage.
I’m calling out @343Industries, I really appreciate everything you guys are doing but There are somethings I disagree with you guys, like adding a magnum pistol on 1v1s, that should be gone in my opinion also the maps, there needs to be a voting system again because playing the same Anniversary maps over and over again gets boring and sometimes could be irritating, add the OG maps to the game like on BTB, add Renegade, Utopie, Wayont, Trident etc you guys do an amazing job and I truly appreciate you guys for bringing Halo Reach back but that’s just my humble opinion.
So I have not been able to play Multiplayer since the Reach update for this game, every single match I get connected to loads up halfway then I get a Connection error message, I can play Co-op just fine but not multiplayer, I've made a support ticket on the support site and have been left completely in the dark, no updates or any info to help me, i've reset my router multiple times, Hard reset my Xbox, yet nothing seems to work, I get kicked 100% of the time for 18 days straight

I'd really like some info soon about this, was looking forward to this update for ages and can't play any multiplayer since
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This has been going for a while where u are in pre game lobby when the game is loading. you or your teammates lag out and it’s does it so fast if u dont lag out it can be a 8v2 match and it doesn’t show the gamer tags that lagged out when press the back button u dont see Gt’s that would be there even if they quite. This happens in social and ranked this is a bad bug because it’s been around for at least a YEAR and I’ve said something about this and have seen other complain about this happening. It’s happened to me 3 times in a row since reach came to mcc. That’s the longest I’ve had to wait for being banned for “quitting” I took a clip of it happening to me. Since reach it’s not telling me how long I have to wait until I can play if I get banned and that’s a bad look for pc if they lag out and get banned and they don’t even get the msg telling them why they can’t play. it’s not just me as I’ve posted before it would be half the team that doesn’t make into the game. I know I’ve been banned because When I try to search for s game the i get backed out and will not let me or u search a game for xx amount of minutes. This needs to be fixed asap. If u want to see the clip of me and multi other players lagging out 3 game different game in a row and that were not searching with me but lagged out with me and were on my team.
Please remove TU DMR starts, I’m a huge fan of DMR and love DMR starts, but BTB is not the place for it. No chance for any vehicle fun. No chance for CQB. It’s just overkill and annoying.
Swade wrote:
Okay 343... First I'm going to say good job on putting back in Boneyard and Wayont. Paradiso removed? At least replace with Utopie. The new map you implemented called "Brick" needs to be instantly removed, it's not up to standards of what should be rotating in matchmaking.

Original Maps-Abridged
-Boardwalk
-Boneyard
-Hemorrhage
-Mt Lam Lam
-Renegade
-Trident
-Utopie
-Wayont
DLC:Breakpoint (Fix spawns to team specific sides)
Breakneck
Highnoon (More spawn points, always spawning next to the flag/bomb stopping objective play)
Tempest (Fix spawns to team specific sides - More spawn points, always spawning next to the flag/bomb stopping objective play)

Heavies:Asphalt
Cragmire
Graveyard
Delta Facility
Rasu

These are the maps you need to put and keep in rotation. No more new ones, I don't want to sound ungrateful but you're doing no one any favours by making these new maps, they're simply not good enough, they're making MCC Reach look low in standards. If you MUST add new maps there are a wide variety of BTB.net maps that people loved to play in customs on Legacy Reach.

I hope you people at 343 listen and make these changes ASAP.

Thank you.
I strongly agree, especially with your point about these newly-made maps like "Brick".

However, Spire should be in that list, and so should Paradiso. Paradiso was never actually removed from the original rotation; it was given a second-tier slot with a pretty small probability.
Btb reach on xbox is already dead besides slayer.
LOL xbox is dead platform... 😔
I played multiple objective gametypes over the past couple days in BTB and found games fairly quickly. You're probably just getting unlucky.
While I'm thankfull for the addition of the community BTB maps, there are still many changes I'd like to see made to the Playlist itself.

1- Bing back the voting sistem (With the current matchmaking search options, in which you can choose what games and modes you'd like to play, the old problems that caused it to be removed are no longer in effect)

2- Make team specific spawns for Slayer in the following DLC maps:
-Breakpoint
-Ridgeline
-Tempest
It's pointless to keep control of a base if the enemy team is going to Spawn right behind you, regardless of you having 6 out of 8 players on that side of the map.

3- Remove High Noon Slayer from BTB's rotation (The map is way too open and poorly balanced, in a way that blue team always has the advantage in Slayer matches, given that they spawn 80% of the time on high ground, and when they don't get a top spawn there is 100% covered ramp that leads them back to the top, making it too easy for them to team shoot and keep map control). The KotH variant of the map, although not perfect, still manages to balance it out, with blue team being forced to leave the high ground to score points.

4- If the voting system isn't brought back, at least drastically lower the probability of getting DLC maps in BTB. Since the update I've only played one of the community maps that were added. I've been getting the same rotations all the time, some examples:
Ridgeline-Breakneck-Breakpoint-Breackneck-Boardwalk
Hemorrhage-Breakneck-Breakpoint-Ridgeline-Breakneck
Ridgeline-Ridgeline-Breakpoint-Breakneck-Delta Facility-Ridgeline.
Not once have I played Wayont, Utopie, Renegade, Trident, Abridged or Mt Lam Lam and I only get to play non-DLC maps once every 5-7 games.
For the same reason I don't have an opinion on the "Brick" map, simply because I couldn't play it given the amount of DLC maps I get.

5- Bleedthrough in social as a whole needs to be removed, TU settings NEVER had them in the first place. The only people that I saw, in 2010, that wanted bleedthrough to be implemented were competitive players. Eventually, when BTB.net was started the bleedthrough mechanic was added (Only in custom games) to 8v8s as well , but only because they were competitive matches, where the only ability was Sprint and all the other abilities would be map pick-ups, similarly to the MLG settings, but with Sprint and TU Bloom.
One instance where bleedthrough breaks the game is, when hit by 6 AR shots, a single melee kills you, making it an insanely fast ttk.

6- When viewing the maps in the playlist (while waiting for a match to be found) I'd like to see what Forge World Maps can be played, not a generalized Forge World map preview that doesn't let me know which variants of the map I'll play, same goes for other maps that have different variants of them (Boneyard, Graveyard and Scrapyard fo example).

7- Why ranked Invasion? Honestly, it is the most casual game mode I've played on Reach. Sure, some people are going to keep you at spawn, but that'll happen in every game mode if you end up matching good players. Making it ranked as a way to keep that from happening doesn't work, it still happens a lot and it won't stop happening.

That's all I've seen that needs changing, surely more things will arise as I keep playing the game, and I'll definitely make another post when the next changes are made
JDT92 wrote:
Really need to bring the punishment to the quitters. Just got done with another match that ended early cause all the enemy players left. This is the 4th time this week and the 2nd time it happened today as I'm writing this. Starting to get real annoyed of how many people are just quitting now. It used to be just people afking all game, but now people are just quitting
Because why stick through a game that you're going to lose because half your team is AFK? It goes back to they just need to make the level up less of a -Yoinking!- grind. If people didn't feel like the only way to get the unlocks they want is to just take up space, they wouldn't.
It’s not always there fault on quitting out there severs or something is wrong and you can lag out a lot in pregame lobby when loading the map.
Custom game search please!
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Btb reach on xbox is already dead besides slayer.
LOL xbox is dead platform... 😔
I played multiple objective gametypes over the past couple days in BTB and found games fairly quickly. You're probably just getting unlucky.
nope, everyday im trying and nothing...its a dead game for me bc i only enjoy objective.
Btb slayers spawns flip like my wife's attitude!
I'm baffled that join match in progress still isn't a thing for social playlists. Yeah, the problem with quitters would still exist but it would at the very least allow them to be replaced so the game doesn't become boring or one-sided as easily.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 25
  4. 26
  5. 27
  6. 28
  7. 29
  8. ...
  9. 48