Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback (Xbox)

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 27
  4. 28
  5. 29
  6. 30
  7. 31
  8. ...
  9. 48
I Toruzu I wrote:
Also with Halo 2C MLG, as well as Halo 3 MLG I can't even play solo. Sit there for five minutes and get bored before I can even find games, yet I can search Reach MLG and find a game within seconds. Is it because of game population, or team search preference for the playlist itself?
H2C Hardcore is long gone, hasn't been populated in some time now. It needs to be swapped out for FFA or Doubles or something. Patiently waiting for H2C's PC port so things'll be a bit more H2-centric for a while. I can't accurately speak on H3's Hardcore playlist as I don't play it, but it seems like there wouldn't be much besides the current level 35-50s matching each other and the lower ranks not finding matches because of lack of overall Playlist population for each listing.
From what I understand there are 3 versions of Slayer in Reach Social:

Slayer DMRs weighted the highest
Slayer with AR/Magnum at lower weighting
and Elite Slayer at lowest weighting.

Basically what I'm asking for is that the "Anniversary Classic" playlist from legacy Reach to be added. Either in it's own playlist or just simply mixed in with Slayer, Flag and Bomb, Zone Control, etc. It could be low weighting. It was a really fun playlist and the closest thing we have to Halo CE Anniversary multiplayer.
Hey 343, please remove Elite Slayer and Buddy Slayer from Reach BTB, or at minimum separate them from BTB heavies. Also please add Graveyard to the heavies rotation.
They won't remove Elite Slayer
They should. With a weak utility rifle and easy escape mechanic, it's the worst game type in Halo history.
Along with it being something that is rare I don't think they will.
I think adding a voting system for matchmaking would reduce the quitters. I sometimes quit when I get an unwanted gamemode/map, not sure about others.
Make a separate playlist for AR/Magnum, for all types.

DMR spawn is a controversial topic, so obviously the only way to not piss off half the playerbase is to make a playlist for that.
I played some AR/Magnum BTB on custom games, and honestly it's a completely different experience. The middle of the map is actually used, warthogs, ghosts, revenants and banshees are used for more than just quick transports, and most importantly there's a reason to pick up a Needler, plasma rifle, and whatnot, they aren't just there for show.

Free For All still has AR/Magnum as start, and after asking a bunch of players there, they all agree that AR/Magnum is one of the bigger reasons why they chose to play the FFA playlist, even if they aren't lone wolf players, they just want that AR/Magnum action.
Change our current highest skill on in the in game profile to the highest skill ever achieved.
Ok what's the deal with the trueskill? Why am I being torn to shreds in invasion matches not to mention being spawned killed on one of the forge maps. I was perfectly fine on launch. Ok this games BIGGEST ISSUE since launch has been a lack of matchmaking preference like halo 5 has for balanced, slowest being equal skill and fastest being just wing it. It's been a problem since MCC first launched and since the revamp update. It gets irritating and pushes me away from Halo. Seriously do something about this.
Matchmaking preferencess were always a standard in older Halos. Just these ones could make a difference in the majority of playlists, where healthiness and playerbase are suffering. There's no reason to remove them, given that the individual situation is going to be improved if desired so (that's the point of options) and the current PC population (with the addition of crossplay soon) is enough. Aim assist won't be a problem anymore; if you don't like it, choose not to face those opponents.

- Region lock/datacenter selection
- Skill matching
- Team matching
- Fast search
- Input-based matchmaking (Controller/Mouse only, when Crossplay is enabled)
- Allow Join in Progress (with incentives and rewards, given that we have a progression system) to fix those unbalanced teams.

On the other hand, my competitive ranks are not being shared with Xbox. Any idea to fix this? Is it intended?
iiBloxorz wrote:
I Toruzu I wrote:
Also with Halo 2C MLG, as well as Halo 3 MLG I can't even play solo. Sit there for five minutes and get bored before I can even find games, yet I can search Reach MLG and find a game within seconds. Is it because of game population, or team search preference for the playlist itself?
H2C Hardcore is long gone, hasn't been populated in some time now. It needs to be swapped out for FFA or Doubles or something. Patiently waiting for H2C's PC port so things'll be a bit more H2-centric for a while. I can't accurately speak on H3's Hardcore playlist as I don't play it, but it seems like there wouldn't be much besides the current level 35-50s matching each other and the lower ranks not finding matches because of lack of overall Playlist population for each listing.
Never understood the decision of removing H2 Arena in favour of Hardcore. That playlist was nearly always empty.
In regards to Halo: Reach on the MCC, I have my share of critiques and issues. While I have these issues, I want it to be known that I'm still eternal thankful for Reach to be added to Halo: the Master Chief Collection, (or as I like to call it, "Halo: the Bungie Collection plus Halo 4"), and have been playing the game religiously since it's release. I have played my fair share of game modes and I've noticed this as a continuous problem in the Reach part of multiplayer for the following game modes with their problems:
  • SWAT
  • Invasion
These are the issues that I run into quite often on here and it has become a daily occurrence more and more.
  • Same maps over and over - SWAT - Reach has 17 maps that are perfect for 4v4 team slayer battles with SWAT falling into this category. These 15 do not include Boneyard, Spire, Breakpoint, Tempest, Highlands, Ridgeline, Paradiso, Hemmorage and Breakneck seeing as how they are BTB maps and are best suited for a minimum game of 6v6. However, the maps that are mostly found are Zealot, Penance and Solitary with an occasional other map to break up the monotony. The maps I basically never see in the rotation even though they are technically in the rotation are any of the 3 Forge World maps, (Asylum, Pinnacle, and the Cage). I never see these three and the others I said I see too much need to be balanced more I feel in terms of map rotation.
  • Same maps over and over - Invasion - The map selection here is a bit more balanced though I feel that's due to the minimal number of maps available. Though I still feel Breakpoint is the map that is chosen a LOT more frequently than most. I like the map just not over and over again.
  • Leaving Teammates - This is by far probably my biggest problem with this. I have lost countless games at this point due to people not playing, (but staying just active enough to stay in the game to get the experience at the end of the match). People are leaving game after game either due to having to leave for a real reason or just because they're losing. It's becoming a bigger problem and I personally cannot stand it. Being on the end who's teammates leave is frustrating to say the least causing game losses repeatedly. The only solace is that I end up doing all the work for the team and I walk away with experience to make up for that. Bans should be implemented in social games mode, (if it is then I'm unaware since I only leave matches when absolutely necessary which is still a rarity.)
As of right now, those are my only concerns with the MCC multiplayer for Reach. Should any others come up, I'll be sure to post them here. Thank you all for making this a fun space to play my favorite game series ever and have a happy holiday everyone!
Fix your XP Bug. Me and my friends just played Griffball and got 0XP from the game. I'm not grinding this game to not getting anything out of it. This is the 3rd time it's happened.
iiBloxorz wrote:
I Toruzu I wrote:
Never understood the decision of removing H2 Arena in favour of Hardcore. That playlist was nearly always empty.
Arena got empty too after a while, it's just something Halo 2 has struggled with, it has a hard time maintaining population. Back before Arena was removed I was in favor of Hardcore replacing it because it was desolate at the time, but now that Hardcore has ultimately faired worse I'm absolutely not opposed to it being retired for a good while and swapped out with Arena, Doubles, FFA, or anything to give a strong resurgence to the H2 population. It also doesn't help that Halo 2 hasn't faired the best as far as porting goes.
The grunt birthday party in Reach PVP is very annoying and ruins the gameplay. Please remove it.
I found out that elites do not share armor effects with their Spartans. For example, if you have any armor effect equipped to your spartan, it will also appear on your elite character. This was possible in the original halo reach port. Why was this taken out of the halo reach mcc? I love being an elite and I am sure there are many others. Can we revert this change back to the original? Allow elites to have armor effects that is equipped on your spartan. Thank you
The grunt birthday party in Reach PVP is very annoying and ruins the gameplay. Please remove it.
Yeah I’m about to throw the -Yoink!- up if I hear another GBP death. It’s the worst on infection. Every 5 seconds.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Take away being able to throw the ball in H2A Griffball. The physics don't work on it. You can throw the stupid thing right into the goal and it bounces off which is absolutely stupid. The sword also doesn't alwasy kill the ball carrier when they decide to melee. Timing shouldn't be on who swings when with a sword or the ball. H2, if you both swing you both die. These are things that were here at the start of H2A griffball, and need to be fixed.
Take Select out of King of the Hill H2A. That's just freaking stupid. Whoevers idea it was to put that in there needs to get a gibs slap to the back of the head. The zones spawn in the enemy spawn and trying to hold it while they spawn next to you it just stupid. The only locations that make sense is A located in the center of the map. It becomes one sided if the zones spawn in the enemy spawn and there is no fun trying to run across the map while they get free points cause they spawn next to it.
Quote:
HAL0 227 wrote:
Yeah I’m about to throw the -Yoink!- up if I hear another GBP death. It’s the worst on infection. Every 5 seconds.
EDIT - 343 please consider a toggle that allows players to turn off the sound of the Birthday Party armour effect.

I've started dashboarding as soon as I hear it. For every player who equips it, how many are simply playing less or quitting because it gets tedious?
Sam5271 wrote:
Quote:
HAL0 227 wrote:
EDIT - 343 please consider a toggle that allows players to turn off the sound of the Birthday Party armour effect.

I've started dashboarding as soon as I hear it. For every player who equips it, how many are simply playing less or quitting because it gets tedious?
Ruining gameplay, how? All it does is shoot off confetti and makes a "Heyyyyy" sound.

And if people don't like the affect, go play another Halo. You know what Reach had when you started playing it, get used to it. The effects do nothing to gameplay and is something small. Ruins your experience play another Halo.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 27
  4. 28
  5. 29
  6. 30
  7. 31
  8. ...
  9. 48