Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback (Xbox)

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 28
  4. 29
  5. 30
  6. 31
  7. 32
  8. ...
  9. 48
BTB Heavies playlist would bring me back to playing MCC more. Adding Splokets turned me off on playing action sack.
The grunt birthday party in Reach PVP is very annoying and ruins the gameplay. Please remove it.
Sam5271 wrote:
Quote:
HAL0 227 wrote:
The grunt birthday party in Reach PVP is very annoying and ruins the gameplay. Please remove it.
Yeah I’m about to throw the -Yoink!- up if I hear another GBP death. It’s the worst on infection. Every 5 seconds.
EDIT - 343 please consider a toggle that allows players to turn off the sound of the Birthday Party armour effect.

I've started dashboarding as soon as I hear it. For every player who equips it, how many are simply playing less or quitting because it gets tedious?
And if people don't like the affect, go play another Halo. You know what Reach had when you started playing it, get used to it. The effects do nothing to gameplay and is something small. Ruins your experience play another Halo.
I'm not against you enjoying your confetti. Bungie however never intended the entire playerbase to have access to something that completely changes the tone of Reach - it's constant at times. In life people enjoy different things - some people find pleasure in silly ringtones, comedy ties and novelty car horns. Some don't. A toggle would solve this issue and keep both kinds of players engaged.
Hey 343, how about we remove the ability to boot players for accidental betraying?

Im tired of being removed from games for multiple accidents or when players work together to get me kicked. I throw one trip mine and players work together to give me a triple betrayal by walking on it at the same time.

If we remove the boot option it’ll give these toxic players less of an incentive to betray/ force betraying. Plus, it will make the game more fun as a whole - just subtract a point when it occurs. It really pretty simple.
A lot of matchmaking needs some kind of balancing, especially with reachs returning invasion game mode. Elites are severely outmatches with having there vehicles get stolen and spawn killed in almost every single map. This isn’t always the case but it happens more often than not and it only gets worse as you rank up. An easy solution would be to give elites a shield wall like the Spartans have. Or a kill boundary after the points change. Most games with game types that are similar have this to prevent spawn killing and other nuisances to a degree.

another point is that the banning system is due with some improvements. Admit it, we’ve all been there. Your team is getting rolled and have of them left because they didn’t want to sit there and get spawnkilled. Player who stick through this agony should be rewarded for toughing it out, maybe with an xp make-up for not being able to fight the other team on equal footing. Just a suggestion, though it might make player queue with smurf accounts and immediately quit just to boost their main account.

a final note for this: an in game reporting system should exist for people who purposely aid the other team, or repeatedly team kill. The Xbox live reporting system doesn’t work for any of this stuff and it has almost never worked for me.

the state of this game does need some work and it can definitely be made for a better experience. I’ve been playing since halo 2 when I was young, and it nice to go back and play it the way it used to be. But in some cases it does need to be caught up with more modern approaches...
Sam5271 wrote:
Sam5271 wrote:
Quote:
HAL0 227 wrote:
Yeah I’m about to throw the -Yoink!- up if I hear another GBP death. It’s the worst on infection. Every 5 seconds.
EDIT - 343 please consider a toggle that allows players to turn off the sound of the Birthday Party armour effect.

I've started dashboarding as soon as I hear it. For every player who equips it, how many are simply playing less or quitting because it gets tedious?
And if people don't like the affect, go play another Halo. You know what Reach had when you started playing it, get used to it. The effects do nothing to gameplay and is something small. Ruins your experience play another Halo.
I'm not against you enjoying your confetti. Bungie however never intended the entire playerbase to have access to something that completely changes the tone of Reach - it's constant at times. In life people enjoy different things - some people find pleasure in silly ringtones, comedy ties and novelty car horns. Some don't. A toggle would solve this issue and keep both kinds of players engaged.
"Bungie however never intended the entire playerbase to have access to something that completely changes the tone of Reach". Yet you can unlock it if you want, the same with usng it if you want.
Still getting connection interrupted messages since Reach dropped on this and I have no clue what the problem is, I have been completely ignored on my support ticket also
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo Reach
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Countdown spawner forcing me to wait 2-3+ seconds longer after spawn timer is set to 0, grenades are not going towards achievement 'catch this'
  • REPRO STEPS: Simply just die in Invasion every time since always happens.

I have nearly 1000 grenade kills and not counting on any.
JDT92 wrote:
Really need to bring the punishment to the quitters. Just got done with another match that ended early cause all the enemy players left. This is the 4th time this week and the 2nd time it happened today as I'm writing this. Starting to get real annoyed of how many people are just quitting now. It used to be just people afking all game, but now people are just quitting
Because why stick through a game that you're going to lose because half your team is AFK? It goes back to they just need to make the level up less of a -Yoinking!- grind. If people didn't feel like the only way to get the unlocks they want is to just take up space, they wouldn't.
I'm not talking about afking. I'm talking about half the team insta quitting in less than 30 seconds of the game, then a minute later the other 2 leave.
Why didn't MCC Reach Firefight use player voting for game and map selection like the original? The way it was implemented in original Reach was perfect. Far fewer match quits if the players have some choice. I played a bazillion Reach Firefight matches and not having any choice really sucks. Or let the players exclude what they don't like in the lobby.
Sam5271 wrote:
Sam5271 wrote:
Quote:
HAL0 227 wrote:

Yet you can unlock it if you want, the same with usng it if you want.
That's a shallow argument. From the amount of Halo you've played, you'd be aware that Bungie made Birthday Party an expensive option to keep it from becoming the meta. It's now a very early, mandatory unlock. Some matches are literally full of piñata noises. You might like it - but allowing players to opt our of hearing it (I don't care about the confetti) doesn't hinder your enjoyment. Giving people options keeps the player base engaged - something that all Halo fans should have an interest in.
Remove Bleed Through
Remove Breakpoint from BTB
Fix all BTB slayer spawning so spawn flips don’t happen as much
Remove Brick and Hive from the rotation.
Lower DLC maps in all game rotations
Increase all classic maps in rotation
Get rid of bloom
Fix spawning on Tempest on Flag/Bomb - too close to plate
Did I need to buy MCC to be able to play Halo Reach Multiplayer?
Postums wrote:
Welcome to the feedback thread for Multiplayer.
  • Campaign Feedback goes HERE
  • Firefight Feedback goes HERE
  • Misc/Other Feedback goes HERE
The purpose of this thread is if you encounter an issue or have a suggestion or general feedback related to MCC Multiplayer. When posting, please include as much detail as possible to include:
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
Please Fix K/D tracking for Halo Reach. The game was released with this error and then fixed going forward a couple weeks later. Please fix the stats retroactively.
Dear 343,

Please remove bloom from the reticle. It’s an atrocious aspect of the first halo game that started the downfall of the franchise. I’m hoping they revert back to their roots with Halo Infinite and get rid of sprint. It went Call of Halo 1 (Reach) Call of Halo 2 (Halo 4) and a totally unbalanced trainwreck (Halo 5).
What ever happened to the default slayer mode? You know, the one that didn't have "bleedthrough" and had 100% bloom? Could that original team slayer be put in ranked like H3 TS? So sick of 3 shot bunts when it's suppose to be a 4 shot bunt. Bleedthrough was never a thing in old TU, or "super slayer".
How about putting the default slayer mode in matchmaking rotations, or original slayer pro? I honestly miss being able to deflect swords with melees, 4 shot bunts, and actual full bloom effects.
The game has potential from its original launch that's been taken out and/or ignored. Yet, map rotation is still garbage in social and ranked for Reach. So many maps that I can't play because they're not even set in the lists. @343i... 😒
Dear 343,

Please remove bloom from the reticle. It’s an atrocious aspect of the first halo game that started the downfall of the franchise. I’m hoping they revert back to their roots with Halo Infinite and get rid of sprint. It went Call of Halo 1 (Reach) Call of Halo 2 (Halo 4) and a totally unbalanced trainwreck (Halo 5).
Honestly, bloom made Reach it's own type of halo. Pace your shot, TU slayer also has reduced bloom for your kind of player. If you don't like it then that means you better pray they don't add FULL bloom back, which is something I hope they bring back. Bloom stops spammers from trigger pulling, especially while jetpacking, and pacing your shot will only show you how accurate the DMR really is.
MLG has zero bloom, go play that and spam, but no guarantees of victory lol.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Community is still toxic
There's never going to be a community that isn't. Everyone has their own opinions.
K/D issue got fixed going forward but you didn’t take away the added deaths. I have about 2,000 extra deaths in game compared to what I do on Waypoint, waypoint being the accurate record. Please fix ASAP as you only did half a job in the last patch
I Toruzu I wrote:
Dear 343,

Honestly, bloom made Reach it's own type of halo. Pace your shot, TU slayer also has reduced bloom for your kind of player. If you don't like it then that means you better pray they don't add FULL bloom back, which is something I hope they bring back. Bloom stops spammers from trigger pulling, especially while jetpacking, and pacing your shot will only show you how accurate the DMR really is.
MLG has zero bloom, go play that and spam, but no guarantees of victory lol.
You make it sound like shooting in any other halo is considered “spamming and trigger pulling”. Fix your terminology, sport. Its unconstructive and shows that you really don’t appreciate any other halo game.

I always play MLG, problem is that when you run with a squad of four, it’s not fun due to the horrid gamers on that playlist. If anyone’s looking to get stomped DM me. It has become a boring game.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 28
  4. 29
  5. 30
  6. 31
  7. 32
  8. ...
  9. 48