Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback (Xbox)

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 35
  4. 36
  5. 37
  6. 38
  7. 39
  8. ...
  9. 48
How to improve Reach BTB heavies 1000%:

- Remove Buddy Slayer and Elite Slayer. Nobody in the world who wants to search Reach heavies wants to play Buddy Slayer or Elite Slayer. These two game types are absolutely awful and need to be deleted entirely.

- Add Graveyard and Cragmire. These were hugely popular on the 360 Reach, especially Graveyard, and need to be added to the heavies rotation ASAP.

- Add friendly fire to heavies. This way, when my troll teammates damage/destroy my vehicle, I can get some retribution before I get booted. Also, gameplay is really cheap with no friendly fire. Example: you could be right next to an enemy and their tank guy can blast you and the enemy you're right next to takes no damage. Just really cheap gameplay. 360 Heavies has friendly fire and is perfect that way!

-Lower weighting for Ridgeline and Headlong heavies variants. High weighting for Rasu, Graveyard, and Asphalt...the best heavies maps by far.
Yes! 100% agree with this
Hello,
So on halo wars 2 on Xbox One...
Hey Insanity, this thread is for feedback on MCC, not Halo Wars. Halo Wars has its own dedicated support forum. The issue is resolved now, but please be mindful of the forum and topic you are posting on in future, thanks.
How many years has Halo been going and they still can't deal with the rampant quitting.
Disregard.
You should be able to unlock what you want, like if I want only the EVA helmet, I still need to Level up to the required item's Level but don't need to buy all of the Things I don't want before the item if that makes sense. for example why would I ever want the auntie dot haha
Crawick wrote:
You should be able to unlock what you want, like if I want only the EVA helmet, I still need to Level up to the required item's Level but don't need to buy all of the Things I don't want before the item if that makes sense. for example why would I ever want the auntie dot haha
From what I'm seeing, this is an attempt to prolong people's interest in the game until Infinite releases, not a fan of paying for something I already paid for 10 years ago.

- Remove Buddy Slayer and Elite Slayer. Nobody in the world who wants to search Reach heavies wants to play Buddy Slayer or Elite Slayer. These two game types are absolutely awful and need to be deleted entirely.

- Add Graveyard and Cragmire. These were hugely popular on the 360 Reach, especially Graveyard, and need to be added to the heavies rotation ASAP.

- Add friendly fire to heavies. This way, when my troll teammates damage/destroy my vehicle, I can get some retribution before I get booted. Also, gameplay is really cheap with no friendly fire. Example: you could be right next to an enemy and their tank guy can blast you and the enemy you're right next to takes no damage. Just really cheap gameplay. 360 Heavies has friendly fire and is perfect that way!

-Lower weighting for Ridgeline and Headlong heavies variants. High weighting for Rasu, Graveyard, and Asphalt...the best heavies maps by far.
What is so bad about Elite Slayer? I'm glad Elites aren't just sidelined to Invasion.

I agree with you on the friendly fire in heavies.
Sev808 wrote:
Crawick wrote:
From what I'm seeing, this is an attempt to prolong people's interest in the game until Infinite releases, not a fan of paying for something I already paid for 10 years ago.
There's ways they could have done that without it being boring and tedious to do so. Like making armor dependent on achievement unlocks rather than level grinding. No, my hypothesis is that they are going to add a Fortnite-esque microtransaction system where you can just buy levels. Why else would they have added such a small XP cap yet require so much XP to reach the more desired armor pieces?
Are there any plans to add a voting/veto system to matchmaking? It would be great to be able to play swat on the original reach maps instead of being forced to play on remastered CE maps 90% of the time.
Halo: Reach Infection could use some work. My main problem is with the maps that are in rotation. In Reach on 360, the normal variants of maps were put in ALONGSIDE the Infected variants. Now I understand the reason for maps like Deadwalk for example. It's to limit certain areas to make surviving harder for humans and make being a zombie more bearable. But ironically, I find that it has the opposite effect. Limiting areas for the humans just ends up making everyone group up in the same one or two areas, making it HARDER for the zombies. It also makes the maps more repetitive and dull since you pretty much have to go to the same spots every match. One of the main reasons Reach Infection was so fun was because of the amount of options you had on the maps. Now I'm not saying the Infection variants of maps need to go, but the original maps should be there alongside them. The original versions of Boardwalk, Sword Base, Reflection, and Countdown should be added. Also, for some reason Asylum and Uncaged aren't in rotation when they were in the original Reach. I hope I'm not the only one who isn't satisfied with the current map rotation.
Is it just me, or are their other people out there getting into matches where people are lagging like crazy (Basically lag switching)? And yes everyone has green full bars. Just had my 3rd game with my 3rd separate person pretty much lag switching. And also I'm not making an excuse, I'm just stateing the fact that it looks like people are lag switching due to the insane and random movement. Teleporting to positions a second ago, Teleporting the two step, I've seen the people hover in air (during swat so no jetpacks) and I've seen people teleport mid air after hitting the ground.
Crawick wrote:
It would work out well if we still got season points for leveling up, but instead of having to unlock armor in a strict linear system, certain pieces of armor should cost x amount of season points, more season points are given at higher rank ups, etc. Seems like they were going in the right direction but either didin't have enough time to finish the job or gave up trying. A store system seems like it would be harder to code than a linear system for obvious reasons.
Stupid question do I need to buy MCC to be able to play Halo Reach Multiplayer? If I do, then why?
Yes... Idk. Ummm it’s like ODST was.
Honestly the map selection is not good. I think the map rotation need to fit more with how Reach actually was. Less of these forge maps and Halo CEA maps that were never meant to have armor abilities. Maybe bring back the original CEA playlist for those maps.
jagernator wrote:

What is so bad about Elite Slayer? I'm glad Elites aren't just sidelined to Invasion.

I agree with you on the friendly fire in heavies.
Elite Slayer is a double whammy of weak weapons and the evade armor ability, which is an easy escape mechanic. On top of that, there are ghosts everywhere. It's the most tortuous experience I've ever had in a video game. I am only interested in playing Reach BTB heavies, so I'm searching BTB action sack only. 343 is insistent on pairing me with teammates who have guest-like skill versus the biggest tryhards every single game and in heavies, I can do well no matter how bad my teammates are. I am dashboarding every single elite slayer and buddy slayer(almost as bad as elite slayer) game.

I played many thousands of games of Reach BTB on the 360 and elite slayer was voted for once in a blue moon, like less than 1% of the time. I'm almost sure that 343 has voting data from the 360 Reach, in order to assess what was popular and what was not. It boggles my mind why 343 wants to force horrible game types on people who have zero interest in playing them. Oh well, I guess 343 won't update it and I will just have to keep dashing on every elite/buddy slayer match and keep re-loading the puke green/ear grinding intro screen.
PC-Xbox disadvantages are out of hand.
Let me make this clear, it started out originally with Controllers being WAY too OP, but now all of a sudden it feels almost as if ever KB/M player I run into is getting nothing but headshots and doing perfect 360 shots with no problem what-so-ever... Let's not even mention how much of a disadvantage it is that the supposed "Aim Assist" on MCC for Reach is almost non-existent when it comes to Console, which Controller players almost ALWAYS need aim assist unless they want to make themselves sick with 10 sensitivity, which I and many others currently have to do on Console... You guys gotta fix this unbalanced issue, it's getting a bit annoying have teammates literally quit in the first 40 seconds of a SWAT match or a Zone Controller match because PC players are landing easy kills.

NOTE: This isn't to throw shade or start -Yoink-, so don't @ me.
There is a bug that has failed to be fixes since the last update. When you go to load a map it completely kicks you out how is that still in the game? Tried uninstalling and reinstalling still no. I go to reddit to see what they say and its you have to reset the game and hope it fixes it. Thats ridiculous and on top of this ive contacted support about input delay and pc and have never heard nothing great job 343 hats off to you on your crappy work. Also this game WILL NOT last much longer unless you start addressing the issues in btb and LISTENING to the community.
Please adjust the player ID so you can see your playlist rank while searching, only way you can see it now is if you're party leader and back out to the lobby. Thanks!!!
Would love to connect to European Hosts instead of East/West US. A lot of friends looked forward to MCC Reach, but they stopped playing soon as we kept having connection issues.. SWAT was my favourite in the old days, now it is almost unplayable for me bc of this. It would be great to filter region/good connection.
Game: Halo Reach
Gametype: Infection
Platforms: PC and Xbox

Rigamortis, Quarantine and Unanchored need to be taken out of the map rotation for Infection completely. The weighting (how often maps show up in the rotation) for these maps is WAAAAY too high. There are times where I've played these maps twice in a row in the same lobby. Rigamortis, Quarantine and Unanchored are extremely unbalanced for the zombies because of multiple reasons.

- Unanchored has pretty much one open lane for zombies to get to the survivors and there is a spot on top of that lane where survivors can shoot right into the zombie spawn.

- Rigamortis is a GIANT map and is not geared for infection at all. The map has multiple spots where the survivors can see over a majority of the map and headshot the zombies with a pistol. There are also no reliable ways of getting to the survivor camping positions because of this reason.

- Quarantine's verticality makes it difficult for zombies to move around without getting picked off by a headshot. Despite zombies being able to spawn on top of the map at times, they are easily picked off since they must be airborne for a certain time to get down from these positions.

My solution for this dilemma would be to take these maps out completely or SEVERELY lower their weighting. I find myself playing on these maps the majority of the time and it has become commonplace for people to quit outright after seeing these maps. Replacing these maps with forge maps like Asylum, Uncaged and the like would greatly improve the Infection playlist and make for a more enjoyable experience.

Thank you for listening to my TED Talk.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 35
  4. 36
  5. 37
  6. 38
  7. 39
  8. ...
  9. 48