Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

MCC Multiplayer Feedback (Xbox)

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 39
  4. 40
  5. 41
  6. 42
  7. 43
  8. ...
  9. 46
MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Give more exp, there is no team work bonus in halo 3 and the performance is bad, repair it
Postums,

This Wednesday 1/15/2020, it is time to deliver an epic Reach BTB update. It is time to separate(or remove from the game entirely) elite slayer and buddy slayer from BTB heavies. From someone who has played many thousands of Reach BTB games on my main account(close to 900k kills in fact), trust me, NOBODY wants to play elite slayer or buddy slayer. Please, stop the torture and end the suffering. Also this Wednesday, Graveyard and Cragmire need to be added to heavies rotation, with a high weighting for Graveyard (very popular in 360 Reach). Ridgeline, Headlong, and Highlands heavy variants should see a decrease in weighting. Also, please add friendly fire to heavies, so that we can defend ourselves from troll teammates who damage and destroy our vehicles and at the same time bringing back legitimacy to the gameplay. I promise you, with this simple, yet monumental update, the player population will increase big time.
Or how about, instead, a voting system like back in the day? There are actually people who like Elite BTB, and the fact that half the game doesn't immediately quit unlike other game modes and maps I think goes to show that more people like it than you think.
MCC HALO GAME: All titles
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Don't know what is causing the issue, but sometimes a matchmade game brings up the start menu at the beginning of the match. I have found that once it occurs it does it every match after that unless you restart your game
Black Screen upon loading into a match and sometimes the EXP page not coming up after a match and rewarding players.
Hey guys! My name is Redacted and Halo has been instilled into my heart and soul since I was about 14 years old and I am now 25. I now you guys get ideas thrown at you left and right so I'm gonna do just that. Reach MLG installation was obviously a great idea to keep the competitive gaming scene alive and invasion was also a great idea for the other part of the Halo community. I personally think you could attract more players(not to mention find more games at later hours in the night) and it adds another competitive edge to the game if you added playslists like octagon 1v1 or 2v2 Capture the flag in a rectangle which are custom games that have been around for quite some time. I have them both in my fileshare and my gamertag is H0FHEINZ. The o is a zero. Thanks for everything you guys do.

Sincerely, Redacted
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Any chance we can get a 16 player FFA maybe just a weekend exclusive to try it out. Sounds great and a dream for halo ce and halo 2 players! Maybe more maps for FFA 8 Player?
MCC: Xbox
Issue: Can you please do something about the following
  • Teamkillers
  • AFK'ers
  • Quitters
I'm already 2 games in. BTB for 1, 2c (classic), 3 and my word, this nonsense is through the roof.
Match starts on Workplace Bravo. Teammate kills 5 at once bringing their and our score to -5, gets booted. After that another teammate betrays 5, before getting booted.
Next match on Zanizbar causes 3 teammates to quit out, one to play (then commit suicide) and another who just AFK's there helping them win 100 to 38 (with me and someone else having 10+ kills).

I know 343, you get sick of seeing the same thing on repeat. But it bothers us players who are playing and actually want to have a good match. Here are some suggestions
  • Bring back the halo 3 punishment system. If you quit out, you would have to wait a certain amount of time and repeating within a certain timeframe would increase the wait.
  • Allow us to rep/review players at the end of the match. This rep would be shown near their gamertag. The rep could be out of 5 points with the following criteria:
  1. 1 point: Did the player actively contribute to the match [playing, getting weapons, going after objectives; if present]
  2. 1 point: Did the player AFK for half or the entire match?
  3. 1 point: Did the player betray teammates on puropse?
  4. 1 point: Did the player quit before the match finished?
  5. 1 point: Would you recommend this player as someone you would play with?
Sure, players could lie or not even answer. But if you give an xp bouns of say (10 per player), it might give an incentive to do that. Which opens up another possibility, matching with similar rep players. That way, those who have negative numbers could be paired together and do that nonsense to each other while we positive's play good matches.
H0FHEINZ wrote:
JDT92 wrote:
Postums,

This Wednesday 1/15/2020, it is time to deliver an epic Reach BTB update. It is time to separate(or remove from the game entirely) elite slayer and buddy slayer from BTB heavies. From someone who has played many thousands of Reach BTB games on my main account(close to 900k kills in fact), trust me, NOBODY wants to play elite slayer or buddy slayer. Please, stop the torture and end the suffering. Also this Wednesday, Graveyard and Cragmire need to be added to heavies rotation, with a high weighting for Graveyard (very popular in 360 Reach). Ridgeline, Headlong, and Highlands heavy variants should see a decrease in weighting. Also, please add friendly fire to heavies, so that we can defend ourselves from troll teammates who damage and destroy our vehicles and at the same time bringing back legitimacy to the gameplay. I promise you, with this simple, yet monumental update, the player population will increase big time.
Or how about, instead, a voting system like back in the day? There are actually people who like Elite BTB, and the fact that half the game doesn't immediately quit unlike other game modes and maps I think goes to show that more people like it than you think.
Couple of things. First, what the hell does Trump have to do with anything? Second, voting hasn't been part of the MCC since it came out back in 2014. It's been something we've been asking 343 for from the beginning.
Halo 2 Anniversary only has 7 maps, meaning that it doesn't feel like a complete experience.
Will 343 address this unfinished remaster/remake?
I hope this situation gets sorted out.
Sev808 wrote:
Whats with the multiplayer map rotations i mostly play swat on xbox and ive noticed that about 7 out of 10 games are on the same dlc maps rather the the classic og reach maps? Is it possible to have a option to include or exclude the dlc maps when searching games or have a voting system?
SWAT rotation is awful, all I seem to land is Reach or Halo 4.
You can turn off Reach and Halo 4 in the Composer if you want to play Swat for Halo 2 or Halo 3.
ShadGhost wrote:
I seem to have issues regarding MCC multiplayer and skill based matchmaking. Now i'm not going to say that it's broken, but there is definitely something that doesn't feel right. As I have been a consistent Halo player for several years, I have reason to believe I am at least half decent at the game. That being said there have been several cases where I have been matched up with players with unbelievable skill that I should not be placed against. 4v4 matches will run 50-20, with me almost always on the losing end. Most of the time my entire team getting around 5 kills each. If someone could give me a good explanation on why this is happening, let me know. I have never felt such disappointment playing in matchmaking.
It’s probably because unfortunately there just isn’t that many players.
Don't know what did you guys did to the Main riffle from Halo reach remaster but it's beyond useless .

Nobody uses it anymore, every match I jump into it's a Magnums warfare because it's the only way to get kills with the main load out
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members or make non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
Spoiler:
Show
Games: All.
Feedback: Bad matchmaking, I've been put into four games of 4v4 slayer within the span of two days where I have either been put in a team where I was the only player, or into a full team but the enemy team only had one member.
Steps: Play a lot of 4v4 slayer games, and eventually, you'll probably come across this problem.
Additional Info: I am aware that there is punishment in place for people who leave games early. I think this punishment is good, however, I think in order to ensure that every game of slayer is as fair as possible, that a matchmaking feature that fills in the missing players into a game of slayer that has unbalanced teams should be added. This way, we won't be having these 15 minute, drawn-out, boring 4v1 slayer games happening anymore, as if people leave early, there will be people matchmade into the game to fill their shoes.
iMorpheI wrote:
MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Give more exp, there is no team work bonus in halo 3 and the performance is bad, repair it
I agree Halo 3 needs teamwork xp. However, I think they should add some sort of daily and/or weekly challenges that will allow for additional xp gains on top of what we're already getting for our performance and teamwork and such. That would make getting xp more interesting, and also faster for those willing to shoot for these challenges.
Hi,
My main feedback is regarding ranked Playlists. Of the 6 games that are available in the MCC multiplayer there are only 4 games covered in the ranked Playlists.
There are 8 ranked Playlists and for some strange reason 4 of them are all Halo 3. 2 of the Playlists are different variations of 2vs2 Halo 3.
Being honest this is ridiculous. It seems logical that every game would have at the very least one ranked Playlist associated with it. Currently Halo 4 and Halo 2 anniversary have no ranked Playlist.
I appreciate you don't want too many Playlists however it's current state is extremely flawed for 90% of the Halo community who want to play varied ranked games.
I have two suggestions for ranked Playlists if you wanted them to stay somewhat permanent. Which I think is a good idea as its extremely frustrating working towards a rank to see the Playlist simply then disappear. Below are my 2 suggestions....

Ranked Playlists Option 1:
  • Halo CE Slayer (includes slayer variants, snipers, swat and doubles if searched for as a pair)
  • Halo CE Objective (contains CTF, Assault, King of the Hill etc)
  • Halo 2 & Anniversary Slayer
  • Halo 2 & Anniversary Objective
  • Halo 3 Slayer
  • Halo 3 Objective
  • Halo 4 Slayer
  • Halo 4 Objective
  • Halo Reach Slayer
  • Halo Reach Objective
  • Big team Battle (all Halo's, slayer and objective game types. Covering all game modes would give this mode lots of map choice etc.)
I would also add a choice of 2 game options per lobby before the game begins. For example the lobby can take a vote on "Halo 2 team BR's on Lockout" or "Halo 2 Swat on Elongation" in a Halo 2 slayer lobby. Just gives people choice and a vote.

Ranked Playlists Option 2:

This Playlist option has every game as a possibility in every mode. The key thing is as outlined above players get to vote on a game type /game / map before the match begins. These are just examples below and I imagine could be refined.
  • Team Slayer
  • CTF
  • Swat
  • Big Team Battle (objective and slayer)
  • Objective (all objective modes)
  • 2vs2
  • Team Snipers
  • Slayer FFA
Overall I am trying to show that there is in my opinion a better way for the ranked Playlists to cater for a larger percentage of the community. Essentially so there is something for everyone to play competitively regardless of what particular Halo they might prefer.

Hope that helps.

Cheers!
Sam
Halo: Reach currently has too large of a skill gap for the social playlists. It is currently not enjoyable. I would like to see vanilla settings being used across all playlists. Vanilla settings would accommodate a larger skill range in a match and perform better on a larger set of maps compared to TU.
Very fun experiance, still hate armour lock in Reach
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 39
  4. 40
  5. 41
  6. 42
  7. 43
  8. ...
  9. 46