Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback (Xbox)

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 40
  4. 41
  5. 42
  6. 43
  7. 44
  8. ...
  9. 48
FYI on tier 80 in the season rewards it shows the eva helmet variant instead of the third pilot one
H0FHEINZ wrote:
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
A voting system will not work, times have changed. It was removed for a very good reason. Right now, it makes perfect sense to leave that out and be thankful for whatever comes up on your screen like how it was back in classic Halo 2's day, and don't quit if you do not like what you got for a game. What you want is only what people like you want, but it is not what the community wants. I've never had a better variety of games or experience since it's removal and LOVE that you have the free will to customize your own matchmaking preferences whenever you desire!
MCC: Xbox
Issue: Can you please do something about the following
  • Teamkillers
  • AFK'ers
  • Quitters
I'm already 2 games in. BTB for 1, 2c (classic), 3 and my word, this nonsense is through the roof.
Match starts on Workplace Bravo. Teammate kills 5 at once bringing their and our score to -5, gets booted. After that another teammate betrays 5, before getting booted.
Next match on Zanizbar causes 3 teammates to quit out, one to play (then commit suicide) and another who just AFK's there helping them win 100 to 38 (with me and someone else having 10+ kills).

I know 343, you get sick of seeing the same thing on repeat. But it bothers us players who are playing and actually want to have a good match. Here are some suggestions
  • Bring back the halo 3 punishment system. If you quit out, you would have to wait a certain amount of time and repeating within a certain timeframe would increase the wait.
  • Allow us to rep/review players at the end of the match. This rep would be shown near their gamertag. The rep could be out of 5 points with the following criteria:
  1. 1 point: Did the player actively contribute to the match [playing, getting weapons, going after objectives; if present]
  2. 1 point: Did the player AFK for half or the entire match?
  3. 1 point: Did the player betray teammates on puropse?
  4. 1 point: Did the player quit before the match finished?
  5. 1 point: Would you recommend this player as someone you would play with?
Sure, players could lie or not even answer. But if you give an xp bouns of say (10 per player), it might give an incentive to do that. Which opens up another possibility, matching with similar rep players. That way, those who have negative numbers could be paired together and do that nonsense to each other while we positive's play good matches.
Giving Players that loose or got annoyed from certain people would destroy the player population even more than it already is.

A easy way to solve this is bring back Rank BTB and make every map that's mid to large combat part of the Playlist.
H0FHEINZ wrote:
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
A voting system will not work, times have changed. It was removed for a very good reason. Right now, it makes perfect sense to leave that out and be thankful for whatever comes up on your screen like how it was back in classic Halo 2's day, and don't quit if you do not like what you got for a game. What you want is only what people like you want, but it is not what the community wants. I've never had a better variety of games or experience since it's removal and LOVE that you have the free will to customize your own matchmaking preferences whenever you desire!
Right. Play four games of Tempest in a row and tell me to be grateful that the voting system is gone. Yes, you can customize your matchmaking to determine the type of match and which Halo you want to play, but what if you're wanting to play regular swat but not Swatnums? It's technically swat.
SOMEBODY PLEASE MAKE TEAM SWAT PART OF THE RANKED PLAYLISTLS IN HMCC. IT'S MY FAVORITE.
SOMEBODY PLEASE MAKE TEAM SWAT PART OF THE RANKED PLAYLISTLS IN HMCC. IT'S MY FAVORITE.
I believe SWAT used to be a ranked Playlist. I think the problem atm is the ranked Playlists currently have little variety. I posted this earlier as an idea for how ranked could go long term. Its frustrating to work towards a rank and then see the Playlist vanish so I see this as more a long term legacy approach...

Hi,
My main feedback is regarding ranked Playlists. Of the 6 games that are available in the MCC multiplayer there are only 4 games covered in the ranked Playlists.
There are 8 ranked Playlists and for some strange reason 4 of them are all Halo 3. 2 of the Playlists are different variations of 2vs2 Halo 3.
Being honest this is ridiculous. It seems logical that every game would have at the very least one ranked Playlist associated with it. Currently Halo 4 and Halo 2 anniversary have no ranked Playlist.
I appreciate you don't want too many Playlists however it's current state is extremely flawed for 90% of the Halo community who want to play varied ranked games.
I have two suggestions for ranked Playlists if you wanted them to stay somewhat permanent. Which I think is a good idea as its extremely frustrating working towards a rank to see the Playlist simply then disappear. Below are my 2 suggestions....Ranked Playlists Option 1:
  • Halo CE Slayer (includes slayer variants, snipers, swat and doubles if searched for as a pair)
  • Halo CE Objective (contains CTF, Assault, King of the Hill etc)
  • Halo 2 & Anniversary Slayer
  • Halo 2 & Anniversary Objective
  • Halo 3 Slayer
  • Halo 3 Objective
  • Halo 4 Slayer
  • Halo 4 Objective
  • Halo Reach Slayer
  • Halo Reach Objective
  • Big team Battle (all Halo's, slayer and objective game types. Covering all game modes would give this mode lots of map choice etc.)
I would also add a choice of 2 game options per lobby before the game begins. For example the lobby can take a vote on "Halo 2 team BR's on Lockout" or "Halo 2 Swat on Elongation" in a Halo 2 slayer lobby. Just gives people choice and a vote.Ranked Playlists Option 2:This Playlist option has every game as a possibility in every mode. The key thing is as outlined above players get to vote on a game type /game / map before the match begins. These are just examples below and I imagine could be refined.
  • Team Slayer
  • CTF
  • Swat
  • Big Team Battle (objective and slayer)
  • Objective (all objective modes)
  • 2vs2
  • Team Snipers
  • Slayer FFA
Overall I am trying to show that there is in my opinion a better way for the ranked Playlists to cater for a larger percentage of the community. Essentially so there is something for everyone to play competitively regardless of what particular Halo they might prefer.Hope that helps.Cheers!
Sam
So recently I have come across a issue that I didnt notice at first but in MCC reach objects that move dont react the same as in original halo reach.
On the map reflection the elevator has weird sliding physics when standing on it, in fact if the player falls from one to another below it can completely launch a player up into the one above or the map celling resulting in the player dieing from the speed of impact.

I ran some tests to see what all is effected by this and riding on top of vehicles has been greatly changed, Falcans react to a player on top by causing the player to slide around instead of staying stable and the Falcan itself will have a hard time flying up until the player jumps off.

This may also be tied to this problem but if something hits a Falcan the wrong way it can glitch out into a constant spin where it will rotate at a very high velocity back and forth until the player jumps out from the pilot seat. Getting out in all cases i have experienced this have resulted in death, however rare it is to have happen I believe it may be some how related to the changes in the physics of the game.
Why don't you add Halo ODST firefight? It could be really cool
Why don't you add Halo ODST firefight? It could be really cool
YES. They need to bring this back. It's a signature mode of ODST and what started Firefight altogether.
I'd like to see some love for Halo 2 anniversary and halo 4, those games do need to have a ranked playlist, those 2 are the only ones that are missing. I hope you guys add at least 1 playlist for each game.
AFKers are still a serious problem.
I along with many OG halo players love halo for being HALO. Not COD or changing a beloved and highly enjoyable FPS shooter for over a decade. To see AR start is not halo reach and just because a few can’t DMR doesn’t mean the rest should be punished. In addition, if doubles & btb could be added as competitive that would be great. Invasion was never and will never be competitive, so please fix these issues to keep your community that keeps you employed.

regards,
Why does the game rubberband so much now? It's insane. I don't have connection problems in any other game or before reach came out and it's even worse on pc. One of the worst ports I've ever had the misfortune to play.
When I try to play online a pop up comes saying my ping is too high how can I fix this? I checked my connection and everything is good except for my package loss says 77%. And I do finally get into a game it lags so bad I need help plz
Okay I'm sure this has been going on forever but the game is boarderline unplayable. I've done my research, every match be it on XBOX which is where I'm placing this as an XBOX owner or on PC is played on US Servers, this does not matter if you are from Europe, Australia, or anywhere in the world. The regions outside of the US cannot be that unpopulated that we couldn't get onto a server.

I've shot someone at least 30 times and they casually walk through my bullets and fist me to death.I can deal with the 120 ping if I must although it's still unacceptable. The other servers are a big massive NO.

It's disturbing because I know I'm not that great but damn I'm way better than the game is allowing me to be, if I was allowed to play on at least a fair playing field I could take average Joe no problem. I'd still get decimated by those people who sink multiple hours into games but whatever, that's fine and absolutely normal.

Also the whole idea of having parties in solo playlists is damaging. I've seen it far too often where a party of two help each other to win. It happened all the way back on 360 also and it's still not addressed. Okay removing that does actually punish people who play it fair in parties but there should be some kind of code that checks wins, kills, deaths by each other and such in order to weed out these people and smack them with lifetime bans from XBOX Live, if they do it here they'll do it elsewhere too, once a cheat always a cheat.

Finally the game needs to be taking skill into account for matchmaking more than any other factor, even without the horrid lag we're getting outside the US if you match someone of level 15 quality like myself to a level 50 the result is obvious, that's not a match, that's a decimation waiting to happen and not even balanced or fair.

Halo 3's matchmaking for it's issues was far superior and allowed for people to have close matches once they reached a point. If it wasn't close you were either an extreme low level or if you were somewhere in the middle you may have came across a smurf, but to be fair I saw them very rarely around the levels 20/29 mark so generally people were where they should be at. The current matchmaking for someone average is either get stomped or do the stomping, no challenge, no inbetween just an empty void of nothing.

I miss having games that ended with about 3-6 people fighting for a win.. real competition and real challenge.

As for the lag issues... I'd personally rather P2P over what I currently have to deal with. Had fair less issues with that. I guess the people in the US wouldn't be happy about that though...

and add the ability to select if you want to play with starting DMR, AR, BR and such. No one wants to start with a weapon they don't like.
It would be sooo nice if we can bring back the current time of game that my friends are at when they’re in game. The struggle of “do I play one without them or wait” has been so real.
As someone who was a part of the snipers community on the 360, a few major (but easily fixable) problems:
  • Uncaged NEEDS to be added. It was one of the favorites for the snipers community and it's really disheartening that it's completely out of the rotation now
  • Some maps (Solitary, Condemned, Penance, Pinnacle, Sword Base) are either completely broken or do not make sense for a snipers game mode at all. (my opinion, but I am sure that I am not alone on this) The original rotation focusing on Uncaged, Countdown, Zealot, Reflection, Hemorrhage, Boardwalk, and High Noon was great.
  • Map weighting for anniversary maps honestly needs to be lowered, I feel like I get them almost every game
  • Map voting could also solve almost all of this
Hope my voice gets heard!
There's a thing I can't understand yet. I always play alone in team slayer or big team and I win some games in a row. But there are DAYS in which I lose many, many games and obviously my skill and playstyle don't change. In these cases I noticed that enemies ALWAYS respawn behind me or by my side and they obviously kill me, and then I continue to respawn between them and their fire and I continue to die. In these last days I'm always losing in this unacceptable way, because I never respawn behind an enemy and they never respawn between fire of my team. But me and my team yes! I think there is something wrong. Maybe is there a script that "decides" when u have to lose? Also, I'm always getting bad teammates in these days, while the other squad is full of monsters even if they aren't a team. I think this unbalanced multiplayer have to be fixed, cause it's really bad and incredible
There's a thing I can't understand yet. I always play alone in team slayer or big team and I win some games in a row. But there are DAYS in which I lose many, many games and obviously my skill and playstyle don't change. In these cases I noticed that enemies ALWAYS respawn behind me or by my side and they obviously kill me, and then I continue to respawn between them and their fire and I continue to die. In these last days I'm always losing in this unacceptable way, because I never respawn behind an enemy and they never respawn between fire of my team. But me and my team yes! I think there is something wrong. Maybe is there a script that "decides" when u have to lose? Also, I'm always getting bad teammates in these days, while the other squad is full of monsters even if they aren't a team. I think this unbalanced multiplayer have to be fixed, cause it's really bad and incredible
Yeah, I don't think you can "script" a multiplayer but I understand what you're saying. Guess I'm not the only one who gets suspicious about the enemy team's godlike skills.
Can we please have the A button switch grenades for Bumper Jumper?

I know I’m probably a minority here, and 343 has lots on their list but I’d love to have the A button. switch grenades for bumper jumper for Reach and Halo 2A like it currently is for Halo 3. It would help unify bumper jumper between games while also making it easier for the player as A is a lot easier/faster to switch grenades than the D-pad and A is currently unused. Thanks!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 40
  4. 41
  5. 42
  6. 43
  7. 44
  8. ...
  9. 48