[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 80
Please use this official thread to share any and all MCC MULTIPLAYER FEEDBACK.
  • CAMPAIGN FEEDBACK can be provided HERE.
  • Misc/Other Feedback can be provided HERE
If you encounter an issue or have a suggestion or general feedback related to MCC MULTIPLAYER, please include as much detail as possible.
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
Thank you
Is this Multiplayer Feedback section intended for us to pass on our thoughts regarding the playlist offerings or will-there-be/is-there a separate thread for that particular feedback?

Anyways, since I assume this is the appropriate location here are my thoughts...

Wanting to provide individual title playlists is definitely a good thing, but at some point it may run counter-intuitive to what's in the best interest to the available population. So might I suggest that as you keep an eye on the health of the playlists for the initial offering (come Sept. 1st) don't forget to consider what future consolidation might be necessary. Here's one such possibility that I'd fully recommend:

Core "ranked" Playlists: No JiP
  • HCE Team Arena: Pistol/AR Loadout (exception: Sniper/Pistol)
  • H2C Team Arena: BR/SMG Loadout (exception: Sniper/Pistol)
  • H2A Team Arena: BR/AR Loadout (exception: Sniper/Pistol)
  • H3 Team Arena: BR/AR Loadout (exception: Sniper/Pistol)
  • H4 Team Arena: No Loadout Selections (defaulted to only BR/AR except for Sniper/Pistol)
  • Hardcore Cross-Play (H2C, H2A, & H3): No Radar, No Autos, + Any [MLG/HCS] Setting Changes
  • SWAT Cross-Play (H2C, H2A, H3, & H4): No Radar + No Shields
Social "unranked" Playlists: Implement a Limited JiP; exceptions: Doubles & FFA
  • BTB Rotational (HCE, H2C/H2A, H3, or H4): Rotates weekly between titles
  • Slayer Rotational (HCE, H2C/H2A, H3, & H4): Rotates weekly between titles
  • Doubles Rotational (HCE, H2C/H2A, H3, or H4): Rotates weekly between titles
  • FFA Rotational (HCE, H2C/H2A, H3, or H4): Rotates weekly between titles
  • Infection Cross-Play (H2A, H3, & H4)
  • Featured Rotational 1: Rotates bi-weekly with Rotational 2
  • Featured Rotational 2: Rotates bi-weekly with Rotational 1
Featured "unranked" Playlists: Available for 2 weeks before rotating
  • Action Sack Cross-Play (H2C, H2A, H3, & H4)
  • Shotty Snips Cross-Play (HCE, H2C, H2A, H3, & H4)
  • Multi-Team Cross-Play (H2C, H2A, H3, & H4) < can it be rolled into Action Sack?
  • Triple Team Cross-Play (H2A, H3, & H4)
  • Juggernaut Cross-Play (H2C, H2A, H3) < can it be rolled into Action Sack?
  • Grifball Cross-Play (H2A, H3, or H4)
  • Community Arena Cross-Play (H2A, H3, & H4)
  • etc
This method would in several ways maintain many individual title playlists while also allowing the SWAT and Infection modes, which I'd argue should not be seen as mere "niche" modes, to be regularly available too while maintaining a total playlists count of 14. In other words, those two playlists would be treated like the expected franchise offerings that they've become. In fact, since those particular modes tend to attract a strong and passionate following it makes sense to ensure their permanent availability in order to help maintain overall MCC interest.

I remain concerned that splitting the initial BTB offerings into two playlists will only serve to fracture the available player base who are more orientated to participate in big team matches. This could, in effect, harm the quality of the BTB matchmaking experience within the MCC by diluting the potential player base in either option. The nice part of the BTB, Slayer, Doubles, and FFA rotations that I've recommended [above] is that each game title will be given a week before rotating out. This way a schedule is created in which players know when their preferred titles are available for those particular playlists, but at the same time if they simply desire the themed experience (even when their preferred title isn't available) the matchmaker would be channeling the population into one option in order to ensure it can provide that themed playlist the best experience possible.

343i could elect to rotate the titles in such a way that each general game will have one of the particular [themed] playlists each week or they could choose to rotate all of them together under one specific title which would, in essence, create a week where a certain game is effectively “featured”. Personally, I think ensuring that each title will have one particular playlist available per week would be better, but that's just me. Anyways, I imagine this would work best to serve a wide variety of community preferences and it would complement the eventual Custom Browser well too.
eLantern wrote:
Does this Multiplayer Feedback section include our thoughts regarding the playlist offerings? Or will there be/is there a separate thread for that particular feedback?
my thoughts precisely. I have yet to play matchmaking due to downloading the update, but I would love a place to properly express my disappointment in what has been said about current and future plans for the playlists. why can't there be a team slayer, FFA, and BTB option for each halo game? allow users to toggle which games they would like to play to populate them properly. H4 may be the only one that would struggle to populate frequently, but the mcc was always geared around halo 1-2-3 and h2a.
Love the update in general,but where is Btb? I have friends who are freaking out rn over the fact that it isnt on the list. How long do we have until it's back?
Hello. Halo fan since day 1. Amazing game play and story.

With the release of MCC, my wife (as a local guest) and I have not been able to play FFA via matchmaking. Why was the social game mode of FFA removed? We have had to resort to playing Reach since that is the only Halo that will allow us to play online together.
I hate this update. all I really ever played was infection. and it seemed like quite a bit of people played infection. please bring infection back. thats all I was playing at all across all my games on xbox 1. infection is so much Freagin FUN DUDES AND DUDETTS! C'MON PLEASE it was so much fun, idk why. it just freakin is. what can I do to get you guys and gals to bring infection back??? pleeeeeezzzzuuuhhhhh :(
Gameplay and shot registration are good but these "playlists" are embarrassing. This game was supposed to be about customizing your halo experience and yet I can't even chose game types I want.
Not sure if this has ever been addressed but I wish the achievement for getting assists in multiplayer was a bit more fair. It only counts assist medals that you can only get in Halo 2 anniversary and Halo 4. In halo 3 there isn’t an assist medal but you can still get assists. So it doesn’t count towards the achievement.
Is the bug for matchmaking online where you can’t play split screen going to be fixed with this update?
I hate this update. all I really ever played was infection. and it seemed like quite a bit of people played infection. please bring infection back. thats all I was playing at all across all my games on xbox 1. infection is so much Freagin FUN DUDES AND DUDETTS! C'MON PLEASE it was so much fun, idk why. it just freakin is. what can I do to get you guys and gals to bring infection back??? pleeeeeezzzzuuuhhhhh :(
Looks like it will be rotational:

Quote:
Fan favorite niche game modes such as Infection, SWAT, Snipers and more are all slated to rotate in over the coming weeks and months.
You CAN NOT have H4 in the crossplay lists. It doesn't fit with the others.

In general, fans of classic are going to be happy playing H:CE, H2, H2A, and H3. But they will quit out of H4. The same goes for H4 fans, they will just quit the classic games.

These 2 different experiences need to be separated or nobody is going to be happy.
When I am in multiplayer search and my control is disconnected, give a bug and return to the menu
Please move Halo 3 FFA to ranked, this imo was the most fun I had in the Halo glory days, back when it was called Lone Wolves. I refuse to play social game modes cause its boring not being able to progress into a higher tier of play. We need a ranked BTB and FFA for this game before I can be satisfied with this product. To me and all my friends that I grew up with playing halo, this is a glaring serious issue for multiplayer. Social playlists in Halo 3 had an Exp. Level for each Playlist seperately, so at least you had something to work towards and it would match you with players around your experience level. Although we only ever saw a point in playing grifball, infection or rocket race socially, since those modes were made just for fun. If I'm gonna go back and play MCC, which i desperately want to, I'm gonna wanna play competitively. I don't see a point in having my favourite game modes in social without a ranked counterpart, it's severely disappointing. Swat is missing altogether, which is another huge disappointment. These were initially my biggest issues when MCC released originally, more so than the bugs. I'm grateful this game is finally getting fixed but it's not enough, and I still feel insulted by 343's misunderstanding of what made the original trilogy so iconic. The disappointment overshadows the good here and I hope this gets looked into.
Looks like it will be rotational:

Quote:
Fan favorite niche game modes such as Infection, SWAT, Snipers and more are all slated to rotate in over the coming weeks and months.
Swat should not be a rotational game mode, and must always be ranked. How hard is it to just open up halo 3 and go "Oh, so that's how it's done" and put it in MCC.
Please move Halo 3 FFA to ranked, this imo was the most fun I had in the Halo glory days, back when it was called Lone Wolves. I refuse to play social game modes cause its boring not being able to progress into a higher tier of play. We need a ranked BTB and FFA for this game before I can be satisfied with this product. To me and all my friends that I grew up with playing halo, this is a glaring serious issue for multiplayer. Social playlists in Halo 3 had an Exp. Level for each Playlist seperately, so at least you had something to work towards and it would match you with players around your experience level. Although we only ever saw a point in playing grifball, infection or rocket race socially, since those modes were made just for fun. If I'm gonna go back and play MCC, which i desperately want to, I'm gonna wanna play competitively. I don't see a point in having my favourite game modes in social without a ranked counterpart, it's severely disappointing. Swat is missing altogether, which is another huge disappointment. These were initially my biggest issues when MCC released originally, more so than the bugs. I'm grateful this game is finally getting fixed but it's not enough, and I still feel insulted by 343's misunderstanding of what made the original trilogy so iconic. The disappointment overshadows the good here and I hope this gets looked into.
The first playlist update was set to have a ranked FFA playlist but 343 made changes to the original playlist update and made ffa only social. Not gonna lie I’m pretty disappointed along with a lot of others. Hopefully in the near future with feedback like ours 343 will implement a ranked FFA playlist of some type, cross play would be great for a ranked ffa, one of the only playlists I feel that would go over pretty smoothe.
8/28/20 UPDATE: Please disregard this post; the issue was on my end.
  • MCC HALO GAME: All games.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The server ping has increased drastically since the Insider Program.
  • REPRO STEPS: Go to the network tab in the settings menu.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: I'm located in Ohio and was in the MCC Insider program. During the program my ping stuck around 25 ms on the North Central US server. Since this update my ping has been bouncing around the 100 - 170 ms mark on the North Central US server.
Why is Halo CE still limited to just ranked doubles? There are plenty of 4v4 maps.
HOW IS THE HIT REGISTRATION IN H2C??
  • MCC HALO GAME: All games.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Niche playlists, SWAT, infection
  • REPRO STEPS: N/A
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: N/A
ISSUE/FEEDBACK:

Firstly, thank you for putting in the work to update MCC's multiplayer. I can appreciate that the less "niche" playlists have a broader appeal and you're trying to adopt the greatest amount of players possible in order to better support matchmaking as a whole. I understand that this is in the best interest for the most amount of people in the short-term. However, SWAT and other "niche" playlists have a user base which is dedicated to solely playing those playlists. Those players (myself included) would greatly appreciate it if we too could have the best experience playing MCC multiplayer. To do so, the permanent (not rotational) inclusion of these niche playlists should be reintroduced. Personally, I didn't mind having to wait longer to be matched with other players - I just like playing SWAT. I've been playing SWAT exclusively since Halo 3. I can't really see myself using multiplayer outside of when SWAT is in rotation.

Thanks again for the update. I hope you guys can find a way to make us niche players happy too.
Multiplayer Playlist:

Big Team Battle is a must. I only started playing MCC last week and mow that Ive downloaded the update I’m disappointed that there is no BTB.

I don’t do rank games and sadly even more there is 4 out of 5 playlist that are ranked.

I think the majority will agree not having BTB is a huge mistake for this game especially now that giest can play. Please for the sake of the game fix this before September 1st or else many people will not stick around.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 80