Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 80
Thank you for making this incredible update to Halo: MCC. You are all doing an incredible job!

• MCC HALO GAME: Halo CE
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Not enough dedicated, or almost dedicated XBL servers to it.
  • Big Team Battle (BTB) is a perfect example of Halo CE and Halo 2 having enough large scale maps to have their own dedicated server/playlist as currently when playing BTB, Halo 3 and Halo 4 always seem to receive the most votes, while there are players out there who are trying to play Halo CE and Halo 2 and would prefer those.
  • This goes the same for Halo CE & Halo 2 having great medium sized maps, for 4v4 or 6v6 to play on in a dedicated area.
Will Halo 5's ability to have XBL hosted Custom Games become available for Halo: MCC, or at the very least for Halo 1 so that classic games could be played more often by those who are fans of the very original design.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Just some thoughts on the playlists and how things are implemented right now.

Why is the halo 4 playlist not ranked? All other games playlists are ranked, and in the previous version it was ranked.
Where is the voting on the start on the match? I now get randomly thrown into games which most of the persons not wanna play.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 4
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: MAJOR: Complex out of map glitch location has returned from being fixed on the 360 version. MINOR: Some weird rock textures.
  • Links: Out of map: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/kev584/video/59363989 Rock Textures: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/kev584/video/59364231
I have a late Insider report, sorry for the delay:

MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3 (Insider version 1.507.0.0)
ISSUE: Stuck on post-game loading screen
Gamertag: TurboChickenMan
Xbox One model: Standard 500 GB
OS version: 10.0.17134.4071
Xbox Live device ID: FD0042344BE2C684

I was in a Team Doubles match around 6:10 PM - 6:15 PM CDT on Saturday, August 25. After the game finished, it got stuck on the loading screen. After a couple of minutes, I minimized and resumed the game, which cleared it.

Video link

Final comment on Insider - In the late going, I was very impressed with the ping speed. My range was 59 ms - 64 ms for the North Central US server. Because of my location/type of internet, my ping physically can't get any better! :)
73 GB for a new main menu, a game that looks the same even on the One X and only 5 matchmaking playlists... How do you mess up a 73GB update? But then again its 343 so what did i expect.
Halo 2A multiplayer feels like im plaing in slow motion, BR now takes an eternity to reload, gernades now come out after the throw animation instead of during.
A 10GB update to ODST that didnt include firefight for some reason. Now i dont design or code games for a living but you guys added ODST in a month (with no prior intentions to) when the lauch of MCC was worst thing since Battlefield 4. So how is it that you cant add in fire fight?
And only 5 playlists for matchmaking with no voting system?!?! How? Why? Who sat down and thought that was a good idea?!?
I would rather have this update be delayed for 3 months if it ment that there would be more playlists, ODST Fire fight, and Halo Reach. You know all the things the community is asking for.
But hey at least it didnt take 10 minutes to find a game so thats cool
WHERE IS BTB?! 343 OMG...😓😰
people just stop being stupid and read the news. they are going to release the rest of the playlists later
More playlists are coming once more people have completed the (lengthy) update.
HALO 3:
Issue: last resort is in the halo 3 4v4 playlist. Last resort is NOT a 4v4 map. It is too big for 4v4 and the map plays extremely poorly in high level halo 3 4v4 game play.
I am what one would consider a veteran halo player, since 2007. I am absolutely appalled by the changes to the matchmaking playlists.

I am a player who played largely Big Team Battle (H3+H4) and Infection. The fact that these playlists have been removed and are being moved to “rotating/shifting playlists” is making be consider whether I will be a future halo player.

Great job on improving connection quality but if I had a choice, i would take how MCC was before verses now. I loved the experience of being able to choose between any halo game in a given playlist. It was something that wowed my former halo friends all the time.

Thanks again 343, as per usual you have deteriorated the original experience of halo to the point of driving out any of the remaining players who still considered or are still playing.
More playlists are coming once more people have completed the (lengthy) update.
Thats like saying "Yeah we are going to add more stuff if more people buy the game"
Everyone has already given up on this game and just because there is a 73GB update doesnt mean people will come flooding back to this game that has betrayed everyone multiple times
HOW CAN YOU CUT BACK ON SO MANY GAME MODES!!! Literally the only game mode my friends and I play is SWAT! I was really excited for this update, but you eliminated the best part of the game! It's really just amazing how 343 is continuing to find more and more creative ways to ruin Halo. You guys are idiots.
Wow this update is great so far, I haven't had much time to play. But I played 5-6 games of H:CE and it's a totally different game. The magnum feels so good. It shoots straight every time, instead of the random spread it had before. I really like CE now. Can't wait to try the other games tomorrow.

Also I really don't understand why halo 4 is the only game not ranked. I want to get a 50 in every game, not just 1-3.
Gameplay and shot registration are good but these "playlists" are embarrassing. This game was supposed to be about customizing your halo experience and yet I can't even chose game types I want.
Omg dude, learn to read and research, these are just the playlists until Friday.
HOW CAN YOU CUT BACK ON SO MANY GAME MODES!!! Literally the only game mode my friends and I play is SWAT! I was really excited for this update, but you eliminated the best part of the game! It's really just amazing how 343 is continuing to find more and more creative ways to ruin Halo. You guys are idiots.
Read you fool, these are just the playlists until Friday.
Gameplay and shot registration are good but these "playlists" are embarrassing. This game was supposed to be about customizing your halo experience and yet I can't even chose game types I want.
Omg dude, learn to read and research, these are just the playlists until Friday.
No, they aren't. A lot of playlists are going to be on rotation. We can't choose the playlists we want if it's not that playlist's time of the month.
powpow001 wrote:
No, they aren't. A lot of playlists are going to be on rotation. We can't choose the playlists we want if it's not that playlist's time of the month.
Their will be more permanent playlists as of Friday. I read it somewhere.
powpow001 wrote:
Their will be more permanent playlists as of Friday. I read it somewhere.
Yeah you're right, these are the playlists that will come out soon on a permanent basis: (https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-update)
"Social Playlists
  • Team Slayer (H1 – H4 Team Slayer)*
  • Action Sack*
  • Crossplay BTB (H1 / H2C & H2A / H4)*
  • Halo: CE Team Arena
  • Halo 3 BTB
  • Halo 3 FFA
  • Halo 4 Team Arena
Ranked Playlists
  • Halo: CE Team Doubles
  • Halo 2 Team Arena
  • Halo 2 Team Hardcore
  • Halo 2: Anniversary Team Arena
  • Halo 3 Team Doubles
  • Halo 3 Team Arena
  • Halo 3 Team Hardcore"
However, playlists that are being categorized as "niche" like SWAT, infection, and snipers are going to be on rotation and only after the release of the above.
Read you fool, these are just the playlists until Friday.
Funny story, turns out I DID READ and they're going to make swat A ROTATIONAL PLAYLIST. Hence the reason why I'M PISSED OFF. Given 343's track record, it's gonna be another 4 years before fix their mistake and bring back swat and other game modes FULL TIME.
In Halo 3 Team Arena ( Ranked ) there should not be Team Snipers. It is something totally wrong about the feeling of the h3 arena. Also, if there was a vote or some sort of veto, none would want Snipers.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 80