Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 32
  4. 33
  5. 34
  6. 35
  7. 36
  8. ...
  9. 80
I am really disappointed with the new playlist update. SWAT is the only game type my friends and I play. There is a very dedicated group of SWAT only players that feel left out from this update. Please do not make SWAT a monthly rotation. It deserves to have a standalone playlist. Thanks,
Big Team Battle slayer matches are only up to 50 kills. This is incorrect.
Love the update. My friends and I are die hard H1 (HCE) fans. It's where it all started and made Lan parties amazing. It's also why we so excited when this game originally was announced. We did however always play 4v4, and all the local tournys were also 4v4. We'd love to be able to play online in 4v4 halo CE matches again. We'll take whatever game type you would give us but 4v4 matches where you can vote for TS, Capflag, etc would be much appreciated for H1. Just team doubles for the original golden child seems unfair.
SauceCandy wrote:
Love the update. My friends and I are die hard H1 (HCE) fans. It's where it all started and made Lan parties amazing. It's also why we so excited when this game originally was announced. We did however always play 4v4, and all the local tournys were also 4v4. We'd love to be able to play online in 4v4 halo CE matches again. We'll take whatever game type you would give us but 4v4 matches where you can vote for TS, Capflag, etc would be much appreciated for H1. Just team doubles for the original golden child seems unfair.
Totally agree I hope the Team Arena HCE playlist will be implemented with the game pass access tomorrow
Am I the only one that doesn't have an option of three choices and just gets loaded straight into the game? No game lobby or nothing. Just shows 8 players matched and then goes straight to the game loading screen.
Ok Faceman wrote:
Am I the only one that doesn't have an option of three choices and just gets loaded straight into the game? No game lobby or nothing. Just shows 8 players matched and then goes straight to the game loading screen.
Voting was removed. You're forced to play whatever the game says you should play now. 343's attempt at fixing Halo 3 being voted for often in cross play playlists only made more people upset and quitting/AFKing being even more prevalent.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
No love for the update, I’m afraid. Back to 10+ minute wait times on Social Slayer and I can’t tell if it’s the falling player count or the fractionated playlists - but I’m 99% sure it isn’t just me, as other UK players have shared similar experiences. The lack of permanent SWAT, Infection or Halo 1/2/4 BTB (Halo multiplayer staples) while redundant playlists like Team Hardcore remain is likely hurting player numbers as well. The removal of voting has not helped reduce the amount of quitting nor has it made any of the playlists more interesting; the prevalence of Objective instead of Slayer results in either long, boring Slayer-without-a-score games or swift stomps by stacked teams.

Was really hoping this update would bring some of the magic (and people) back but that doesn’t seem to have happened.
WHY IS THIS STILL A THING?! I don't know if it applies to Halo 2 or not with SMG's, but Halo 3 in Social Slayer should be BR STARTS ONLY. I know it's supposed to be a casual playlist, but AR Magnum isn't the answer. I've done at least 10 games of Halo 3 in Social and none of them have been Team BR's, so I'm convinced they took it out entirely. Making it BR's probably would make it more competitive, but 9 times out of 10 people would prefer that over Assault Rifles
THERE ARE STILL SO MANY Yoinking! REGISTRATION PROBLEMS HOLY -Yoink- 4 YEARS TO FIX A GAME THATS STILL BROKEN ARE YOU SERIOUS??????????????????/
I havent had any issues finding games
Halo 3 BTB king of the hill still has AR starts make it BR starts.
So far the update has been a huge success. Takes no more than 30 seconds to get a full lobby in slayer. One issue I am still encountering is that the spawns on Halo 3 still seem a bit wonky. Some rimes I will spawn directly in front of, or behind enemy players. I don't remember it being so prevalent in OG H3, however I have read that the spawns were like this during Halo 3s initial launch.

Also, It might just be a difference in the controller layouts for OG xbox vs 360 games, but in Halo 3 (Recon Controller Scheme) using left Bumper lets you rotate through grenades. I love how fast and easy it is. However in CE, 2 and 2A, you have to use the D-Pad to rotate through grenades. This often leaves me having to stop my movement to change grenades, or I have to use my right thumb to reach over to the D-Pad, which keeps me from aiming. Is there any chance of having this changed. It may not be a flaw in the game, but since the duke controllers never had bumpers, it may just be a way of trying to keep things authentic.

Thank you so much for this, it is such a happy day to be able to play classic Halo again.
Infection and SWAT playlists need to come back, permanently.

I can't believe how much you've stripped this game and if you think the removal of playlists will help populate the others, well, you're wrong because it won't "force" me to play modes I have no interest in. I simply just won't play, which is great since you know, the whole already paid for subscription to play online thing no longer getting any use now.
Just reiterating what many others have said because I'm afraid nothing will be done about it:

Please bring back Infection as a permanent playlist. It's quite literally the only reason my friends and I play the MCC. Obviously I'm not able to look at numbers for each game type's player base, but it's hard to believe that it deserves to be categorized as a "niche" title.

Also, if you hopefully do take action on this, I think it's about time Halo 4 Infection was removed (or made into its own playlist). The format is completely different than the classic Infection that most players love (the high number of vetoes should speak for itself).
If you're going to have a dedicated halo 3 btb playlist in mcc then you have to have a dedicated halo 2 playlist in mcc. It's not fair and doesn't do the game justice at all. When you add halo2 btb maps with all the others games, nobody picks them. They always pick Valhalla or standoff from 3 or the redone version of vahalla in 4 and it's honestly super annoying and kills the mood. Just please please please consider making halo 2 btb a permanent playlist.
I would love to see Blood Gulch CTF added to a cross-game BTB playlist. It seems like for now, Halo CE seems to only be small games, but I love Halo CE's large scale battles.
i Know they'll be adding h3 team doubles later on and other playlist but for team doubles could h2 h2a and h4 have their own separate lobbies as well for team doubles?
Just want to say that this update is absolute perfection. Takes <30 seconds to load into the next match. Matches seem fair and I'm matching kids of my rank(s). Halo 3 shot registration is freaking crisp as butter 99% of the time. I seriously don't know what game any of these other people are playing but it is amazing for me. I realize a lot of kids are crying about Infection and SWAT and what have you, but it's extremely childish for some of you to say "We NeEEd HaLO 2 BTB OnlY PlAYlISt!! REEEEEEE".
Hi all, this is what I would like to see:

Ranked Additions / Changes:
- FFA Rotational
- Dubs Rotational (Why HCE only?? That is the worst MM game for Dubs)
- Halo 4 Arena

Unranked Additions / Changes:
- BTB from H3 only to Rotational (Just lost all your BTB players who don't prefer H3)

Also, I seem to rank down when I reset the app? This happened many times even after I won matches. Strange, idk if it was coincidence, but might be something to look into.

The mapsshould not be given weights if there is no vote. It is very annoying getting the same map 3 or 4 times in a row when for example in H2C there are 17 maps so the probability of this happening would be (1/17)^3 etc. if it was random. I'm all for playing what you get dealt, but not when it is the same thing. Especially when so few people play that its the same people playing you on the same maps. That is if the maps even are weighted. It seems that way.

Highest current rank doesn't load.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for fixing the joining problem!!! Now me and the homies can actually play without hard resetting every match for 45 mins.
As well for the new logic that matches players better. The matches are more fair and competitive. Feels like the good ol days.

Thanks for reading, see you online!
I Zuka I wrote:
- Dubs Rotational (Why HCE only?? That is the worst MM game for Dubs)
HCE is singlehandedly the best Halo game for intense 2v2's. I thoroughly disagree with that.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 32
  4. 33
  5. 34
  6. 35
  7. 36
  8. ...
  9. 80