Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 34
  4. 35
  5. 36
  6. 37
  7. 38
  8. ...
  9. 80
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo Combat Evolved
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Get rid of the bright red names above enemy heads.
Also you need to cut down the playlists to just 1 per game, a social 4v4 and BTB. Strengthen the main core game modes before trying to cater to every single person who wants a specific mode. Halo just doesn't have the numbers to support more than 6 playlists currently (I believe 5 would be pushing it). Grow your game with 6 solid playlists and re-assess in the future. You should learn from the last few Halo games decreasing population due to the diverse spread and dilution of the player base and how other much more popular games have far fewer playlists with millions more concurrent players.
I see where you are coming from but Halo has a wide variety of players. I mean there are people that play only a certain halo game or game types. It's not about maintaining a population at this point. The cross game playlists are a NO NO. If they only want a few playlists to maintain then the customs browser should do the job in keeping the ffa, 1v1, 2v2 and forge players happy. So once they implement CB more people will return.
Good Luck finding a game in ranked once you hit Lv 30 next year. If you’ve think 1 playlist per game and 2 cross game social playlists is too little you obviously haven’t been playing Halo the last 5 years. Population has been dropping off so much the only focus should be to start growing the overall base of the game. 343 should not be catering to the ppl who come on these forums who complain about wanting a energy sword speed boost CTF hour long gamemode. I understand the intention but it’s damaged the community. They need to start focusing on building the core modes not splitting the community into fractions. Customs are always there for ppl who want to play non-core modes and that’s how it should stay.

And for the record I love team snipers and I grinded it the last 2 years on H5 with its tiny population but it shouldn’t have been there. I understand sacrifices have to be made for the greater good and culling the niche playlists is what’s better for the franshise.
Like I said the damage is already done. Trying to sustain a population is idiotic. Custom Games Browser, end of.
Is the bug for matchmaking online where you can’t play split screen going to be fixed with this update?
I played 2 player split screen in matchmaking perfectly fine for Halo: CEA. What happens when you try?
The more I play the angrier I get that I actually convinced people to buy a month of Xbox live to play this with me. I played with a friend last night for a good long session.

Merged playlists of any kind should not exist. Lumping Halo 2, Halo 1 and 4 together in social slayer and big team battle and removing the voting option is going to make quitting worse, not better. Do you really think people won't quit out of a game once it starts and it's halo 4 and they only want to play Halo 2? No ability to vote on a Slayer gametype in the halo 2 arena playlist is just as horrible. But the number one wtf is why I have no option (even in the near future it seems based on the list of extended playlist options) to play double team on Halo 2 at all. Is halo 2 really that unpopular that we actually have fewer options now than before the update?
Exactly.

I'll probably gain hate for this, but at this point I don't care anymore. Through the past few years I always tried to compromise. Despite all my hate for Halo 4, I tried to play every game without dodging it, because I didn't wan't to ruin the experience for other players, who enjoyed it.
I've waited for this update, so I would be finally able to play CE / 2 BTB whenever I want. Now I see that this crossplay stuff still exists for BTB.

There is one thing that some people from 343 don't get. You can't simply reduce / mix playlists together and say "Yup, we don't have enough players, so this is what you get"
This whole mentality is wrong. If the product you offer is not attractive, people won't play your game in the first place. You cut peoples favourite playlists off, because it's not the most popular one? You simply can't force them to play gamemodes they don't enjoy. You automatically assume that you will keep these players anyway, but I disagree.
Some of them will still play this game (they'll simply move to other playlists), but not everyone. Some people will just leave, because there are not satisfied with this product.

So, again, I'll gain a lot of hate for this, do whatever you want. I'll still play BTB, but just when CE & 2 will show up. I've waited years and supported your game (even when 4 showed up), but I personally won't make compromises anymore. Everytime when 4 shows up, I won't play it and I have my reasons to do so. I'll just leave, I will leave until I get banned.
my current matchmaking experience is not good at all / in fact in the current state it is worse in many ways then before the update.
My location is europe and the server with the best ping is western europe. I tried to play during prime time and at 3- 5 am in the morining ( lol ) with bouth times having the same issiues....
My issiues are the following :
- i often got matched with the same people ( and they were no chalange wich isnt really fun ) while playing H2C Arena.
- Connection in H3 ( to some degree H2 too ) is horrible to a degree wich makes current H3 not playable for competitve play ( for me ) because i have constant "lag teleport" of my opponents ( esspacialy noticeable when trying to shot people out of vehicels and banshees basicly stutter around ). example where it is breaking is in a Br fight my oppenensuddently teleports a few steps to the side throwing off my aim / and aimassist lock leading to a disadvantage because i couldnt "follow" his movement.
- Matchmakingtimes havent really improved for me though the collection was finding games pretty fast and consistend for me before update ( i had no problems finding players in all playlists even deep in the night before update )
- This could be placebo but like some people wrote it feels like the aim etc is off espacialy in H3

as far as i read around the forums these issiues are basicly connectet to the servers and region lock but you guys probably know it better just sayin

I have to say its a bit disapointing to first time experience the update like this after so much hype and seeing almost only good before it came out but i do not really point a figner at the devs i mean not evrything goes entierly right and they are doing great stuff the last few months so i am sure you guys will fix it.
DaekLaw wrote:
The more I play the angrier I get that I actually convinced people to buy a month of Xbox live to play this with me. I played with a friend last night for a good long session.

Merged playlists of any kind should not exist. Lumping Halo 2, Halo 1 and 4 together in social slayer and big team battle and removing the voting option is going to make quitting worse, not better. Do you really think people won't quit out of a game once it starts and it's halo 4 and they only want to play Halo 2? No ability to vote on a Slayer gametype in the halo 2 arena playlist is just as horrible. But the number one wtf is why I have no option (even in the near future it seems based on the list of extended playlist options) to play double team on Halo 2 at all. Is halo 2 really that unpopular that we actually have fewer options now than before the update?
Exactly.

I'll probably gain hate for this, but at this point I don't care anymore. Through the past few years I always tried to compromise. Despite all my hate for Halo 4, I tried to play every game without dodging it, because I didn't wan't to ruin the experience for other players, who enjoyed it.
I've waited for this update, so I would be finally able to play CE / 2 BTB whenever I want. Now I see that this crossplay stuff still exists for BTB.

There is one thing that some people from 343 don't get. You can't simply reduce / mix playlists together and say "Yup, we don't have enough players, so this is what you get"
This whole mentality is wrong. If the product you offer is not attractive, people won't play your game in the first place. You cut peoples favourite playlists off, because it's not the most popular one? You simply can't force them to play gamemodes they don't enjoy. You automatically assume that you will keep these players anyway, but I disagree.
Some of them will still play this game (they'll simply move to other playlists), but not everyone. Some people will just leave, because there are not satisfied with this product.

So, again, I'll gain a lot of hate for this, do whatever you want. I'll still play BTB, but just when CE & 2 will show up. I've waited years and supported your game (even when 4 showed up), but not anymore. Everytime when 4 will show up, I won't play this game and I have my reasons to do so. I'll just leave, I will leave until I get banned.
Preach
I've found exactly one game of social slayer since the update. Every other playlist no bueno. Nothing else to add because I cant even find a game lol.
Can you please make Triple Double medals earned in halo 3 count towards the legendary achievement.
Where are all the maps ?

I mean, there are 14 maps in H3 Team Arena but i am always playing on Heretic or Blackout... I've never played on Guardian once i like 30 games.

Something feels wrong here.

Please fix it. Thanks.
Tried playing 3 or 4 games today, nothing but lag in each one. Guess it's back to Reach.
I think FFA and Team Slayer should have their own playlist permanently across all games individually and not require all games to be installed. FFA and Team Deathmatch game types are and have been the foundation of "most" multi player shooters since the beginning of the genre. Not being able to do this really killed this update for me and made intelligent delivery obsolete. All I wanted to play is Team Slayer on Halo 2 and Halo 2 Anniversary. There is no way to achieve this.
Swat and Snipers should NOT be rotational playlists. Before the update it was all my friends and I played and seemed to be two of the most populated playlists
Dagger 323 wrote:
Sogekinger wrote:
chodrick wrote:
So far the update has been a huge success. Takes no more than 30 seconds to get a full lobby in slayer. One issue I am still encountering is that the spawns on Halo 3 still seem a bit wonky. Some rimes I will spawn directly in front of, or behind enemy players. I don't remember it being so prevalent in OG H3, however I have read that the spawns were like this during Halo 3s initial launch.

Also, It might just be a difference in the controller layouts for OG xbox vs 360 games, but in Halo 3 (Recon Controller Scheme) using left Bumper lets you rotate through grenades. I love how fast and easy it is. However in CE, 2 and 2A, you have to use the D-Pad to rotate through grenades. This often leaves me having to stop my movement to change grenades, or I have to use my right thumb to reach over to the D-Pad, which keeps me from aiming. Is there any chance of having this changed. It may not be a flaw in the game, but since the duke controllers never had bumpers, it may just be a way of trying to keep things authentic.

Thank you so much for this, it is such a happy day to be able to play classic Halo again.
Huge successes? Didn't you read the other posts? The game is unplayable everywhere in the world outside north America. I wouldn't call that a success
It’s barely even playable in North America. I’m seeing tons of input lag that wasn’t there before the update, glitches are causing me to fall straight through the maps, the list goes on...
I had played a solid 3 hours or so and have had no issues so far. I have had friends that say they have experienced some lag but nothing game breaking.
I would love to see the balanced/updated Halo 3 maps added to matchmaking. Not just the variants like Boundless for Snowbound, but the full updates to each map for balancing. Things like the Rocket Launcher having the updated placement on Narrows, maulers being removed from most (all?) maps, some equipment being removed, etc.
Exactly.I'll probably gain hate for this, but at this point I don't care anymore. Through the past few years I always tried to compromise. Despite all my hate for Halo 4, I tried to play every game without dodging it, because I didn't wan't to ruin the experience for other players, who enjoyed it.
I've waited for this update, so I would be finally able to play CE / 2 BTB whenever I want. Now I see that this crossplay stuff still exists for BTB.There is one thing that some people from 343 don't get. You can't simply reduce / mix playlists together and say "Yup, we don't have enough players, so this is what you get"
Some of them will still play this game (they'll simply move to other playlists), but not everyone. Some people will just leave, because there are not satisfied with this product.So, again, I'll gain a lot of hate for this, do whatever you want. I'll still play BTB, but just when CE & 2 will show up. I've waited years and supported your game (even when 4 showed up), but not anymore. Everytime when 4 will show up, I won't play this game and I have my reasons to do so. I'll just leave, I will leave until I get banned.
this is what i have been saying the whole time since they announced the update. we need to have options as consumers or people will just leave the game entirely. Ive given 343 the benefit of the doubt, thinking they would listen and even told us no cross game playlists would be in the update at first. now we get the "no population" trash argument. well you're just ensuring there will be no population in the future with the way they are handling it now anyway. put the damn population counter back in, put a bunch of playlists in, and people will come i guarantee it, even if it take a bit. instead recently its basically been a "my way or the highway" attitude from them which is very off-putting.
Been having tons of fun ! The hit registration issue that was present on the Insider build (atleast for me) seems to be fixed, i've found matches within 1 min of searching (which is fantastic !!).
Kinda sad to see SWAT go since it's been my fav playlist since 3 but let's hope they add it back in soon.

I have however come across with one of the issues from the Insider program, which is 4v4 playlist sometimes start of with teams of 3, making it a 3v4 right of the bat. The balancing seems good due to the larger population but still.

-Prime
Exactly.I'll probably gain hate for this, but at this point I don't care anymore. Through the past few years I always tried to compromise. Despite all my hate for Halo 4, I tried to play every game without dodging it, because I didn't wan't to ruin the experience for other players, who enjoyed it.
I've waited for this update, so I would be finally able to play CE / 2 BTB whenever I want. Now I see that this crossplay stuff still exists for BTB.There is one thing that some people from 343 don't get. You can't simply reduce / mix playlists together and say "Yup, we don't have enough players, so this is what you get"
Some of them will still play this game (they'll simply move to other playlists), but not everyone. Some people will just leave, because there are not satisfied with this product.So, again, I'll gain a lot of hate for this, do whatever you want. I'll still play BTB, but just when CE & 2 will show up. I've waited years and supported your game (even when 4 showed up), but not anymore. Everytime when 4 will show up, I won't play this game and I have my reasons to do so. I'll just leave, I will leave until I get banned.
this is what i have been saying the whole time since they announced the update. we need to have options as consumers or people will just leave the game entirely. Ive given 343 the benefit of the doubt, thinking they would listen and even told us no cross game playlists would be in the update at first. now we get the "no population" trash argument. well you're just ensuring there will be no population in the future with the way they are handling it now anyway. put the damn population counter back in, put a bunch of playlists in, and people will come i guarantee it, even if it take a bit. instead recently its basically been a "my way or the highway" attitude from them which is very off-putting.
you missquotet me i havent said that it was DaekLaw who wrote this
Halo 1 fans have been waiting years for a 4 v 4 playlist and we were told it would be implemented (HCE Team Arena), however it is not. I have an idea, get rid of the social slayer cross game playlist and replace it with HCE Team Arena since cross game playlists are awful anyway and there are Team Arena playlists for EVERY other game.
The update seems to have induced a "fast clock" bug to Halo 3. YouTuber AppleFanatic has pointed out that on some H3 maps, the in-game clock runs faster than normal, making getting multikills with the Spartan Laser impossible. Here's the video, please watch it. It's a very good video that explains very quickly and simply what the issue is, without swearing and without being dramatically cringy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2HdYTTuHtc

If you've experienced this, as I know some of my friends have, but didn't think it was an actual bug, write down your experience so the team can have more info on the issue.
Don't know if this is misc or multiplayer
MCC GAME:Halo 4
MODE:Forge
ISSUE:Trait zones on Halo 4
ISSUE 2: Changing the Traits of the Trait zone

As I know there is no way to change this
For the Halo 4 fans fix this or just fix it in general so they can't hold anything against the MCC
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 34
  4. 35
  5. 36
  6. 37
  7. 38
  8. ...
  9. 80