Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 36
  4. 37
  5. 38
  6. 39
  7. 40
  8. ...
  9. 80
Love the new update! Getting fast matchmaking and good connections. I'm in southern California.
Only thing I feel is missing is a social BTB playlist that spans all the games. Also miss swat mode, but I feel like that could be a rotating playlist along with actionsack and other miscellaneous playlists
Add this and I think MCC multi-player will be looking golden! 😉👍
For Americans its looking golden yes, but people that don't live in America, cannot find matches now because of region lock.
"Your connection to the game was interrupted."
I keep getting this message when I'm going into matchmaking..
The ability to find a game in any ranked playlist in Australia/NZ would be pretty cool.
343i. Has it ever occurred to you that not enough people play Halo: MCC for region lock to work? Im sure you have data that shows you how many players play your Halo games in different countries. I mean us players that downloaded this massive update, pretty much did it for nothing because we cannot find any matches. *sigh*

What i don't get... Please read this carefully. I live in Australia. Australia has terribly slow internet speed. I played Halo 5, i got to Level 115. Halo 5 has dedicated servers and no region lock. I played a lot of Halo 5 and Halo 5 extremely rarely lagged for me. Extremely rarely. Remember, Australia has terribly slow internet speed and Halo 5 never ever lagged for me almost. So why did you put region lock in the MCC? BTW, The MCC is very laggy now. Your decision to put region lock in, was yet another pointless and ridiculous decision because the game is actually more laggy than before the update. All you needed to do was to put dedicated servers in and thats it. While i was typing this, I've been searching for a match in Halo 3 BTB, it took me 30 minutes to type this. Still waiting... Oh and right now, there is 5,451 players playing Halo Reach. That's what I've been playing for the last two days because i cannot find a match in the MCC. Probably the same for the 5,000 people playing Reach right now.

343i, if you took region lock off, i reckon atleast maybe 3,000 of those players would be playing The MCC instead.
They should add a HALO 2 CLASSIC double team playlist plz boo🙏🏻
I keep posting as I keep getting angry.

Make Halo 2 hardcore playlist BR starts
Make halo 2 slayer playlist NO BR starts
Make halo 2 objective playlist.
Bring back doubles for halo 2

Solves everything. You will bring back so many people
Shot Registration is still -Yoinked!- in Halo 3.
And the Aiming im Halo 3 has gotten so weird.
If this turns out to be heavy aim like in Halo 5 i will stop playing.
The playlists are literal garbage now. In multiple halo 3 arena games, every game was BR starts. Perhaps that's the only game type there. It would be nice to know, but 343 is as transparent as a brick wall. It's good to see 343 continues to edit any requirement for map knowledge out of the game. Apparently there would be a riot if someone actually had to use a non-battle rifle. Once upon a time, it was recognized that there was more to the game than head shots when it comes to weapon skills. However, it's clear at this point 343 does not believe this is true. Universal BR starts dilute the weapon pool, invalidate a myriad of weapons, and sucks fun out of the game.

In addition BTB seems to be heavily weighted into slayer. There's a reason objective game types were voted for heavily in the old system. They're actually fun. They require real teamwork to accomplish a goal, instead of promoting selfish solo play.

In short, this update has made the game worse. I would rather have the launch state of the game, where it was literally unplayable, than the garbage that is the MCC now. If this is the direction H6 is going, it will continue to kill the franchise.
Half of all BTB games are Sniper. This variant needs to be removed or lowered. I play BTB primarily for objective and that has been almost impossible to get.

I am happy the games load fast, but I'm quitting out of so many it makes it all take longer to find a decent game.
I would like there to be BTB of all the halo that there would be the most just thing that only put battle of big teams of halo 3
DarkX IV wrote:
The playlists are literal garbage now. In multiple halo 3 arena games, every game was BR starts. Perhaps that's the only game type there. It would be nice to know, but 343 is as transparent as a brick wall. It's good to see 343 continues to edit any requirement for map knowledge out of the game. Apparently there would be a riot if someone actually had to use a non-battle rifle. Once upon a time, it was recognized that there was more to the game than head shots when it comes to weapon skills. However, it's clear at this point 343 does not believe this is true. Universal BR starts dilute the weapon pool, invalidate a myriad of weapons, and sucks fun out of the game.

In addition BTB seems to be heavily weighted into slayer. There's a reason objective game types were voted for heavily in the old system. They're actually fun. They require real teamwork to accomplish a goal, instead of promoting selfish solo play.

In short, this update has made the game worse. I would rather have the launch state of the game, where it was literally unplayable, than the garbage that is the MCC now. If this is the direction H6 is going, it will continue to kill the franchise.
Yeah because AR pushing followed by a beat down requires a lot of skill. Nobody wanted objective game types either because teammates push the objective rather than slaying until 3-4 are down then pushing objective. They just run in and die 35 times with two kills.
343i. Has it ever occurred to you that not enough people play Halo: MCC for region lock to work? Im sure you have data that shows you how many players play your Halo games in different countries. I mean us players that downloaded this massive update, pretty much did it for nothing because we cannot find any matches. *sigh*

What i don't get... Please read this carefully. I live in Australia. Australia has terribly slow internet speed. I played Halo 5, i got to Level 115. Halo 5 has dedicated servers and no region lock. I played a lot of Halo 5 and Halo 5 extremely rarely lagged for me. Extremely rarely. Remember, Australia has terribly slow internet speed and Halo 5 never ever lagged for me almost. So why did you put region lock in the MCC? BTW, The MCC is very laggy now. Your decision to put region lock in, was yet another pointless and ridiculous decision because the game is actually more laggy than before the update. All you needed to do was to put dedicated servers in and thats it. While i was typing this, I've been searching for a match in Halo 3 BTB, it took me 30 minutes to type this. Still waiting... Oh and right now, there is 5,451 players playing Halo Reach. That's what I've been playing for the last two days because i cannot find a match in the MCC. Probably the same for the 5,000 people playing Reach right now.

343i, if you took region lock off, i reckon atleast maybe 3,000 of those players would be playing The MCC instead.
I wouldn’t say we all have terribly slow internet, mines fibre optic giga stuff, so on the x1x I pull host most every game, Americans obviously hate it but it goes both ways... let us play!
"Your connection to the game was interrupted."
I keep getting this message when I'm going into matchmaking..
This was happening on the Insider version when you tried to connect to a game with people with a corrupted game installation, It's a known issue and can happen when you use the intelligent delivery system. Read this and see if you have a corrupted installation:
MCC Insider - Corruption Issue (7/6)
Just saw your recent post about attempting to fix region lock for ppl outside North America but you’re just widening the ping ranges in social!!?? This makes even less sense than region locking us for a 3rd time in the last 4 years. We can get games in social alright (it’s not the best but I’d expect we can get games in it for at least a few months) yet your solution is to make all the social games laggy (even though it’s not a problem getting games in it at the moment) but you don’t do anything about the ranked playlists which is what we can’t get games in???!!!!

You NEED to introduce a good connection search filter or a server select option (LIKE YOU DID IN H5). What’s the point of giving us the speeds to all the different servers but you don’t allow us to select which one we play on?? Blows my mind how absurd the way your looking after the various communities outside of North America.

And please cull the playlists down to at least 8 or less in MCC. Across H5 and MCC there’s almost 30 playlists (might even be more than that) to split the community into fragments. The population is at an all time low but you have the most playlists ever! This doesn’t make any sense either.
Also you need to cut down the playlists to just 1 per game, a social 4v4 and BTB. Strengthen the main core game modes before trying to cater to every single person who wants a specific mode. Halo just doesn't have the numbers to support more than 6 playlists currently (I believe 5 would be pushing it). Grow your game with 6 solid playlists and re-assess in the future. You should learn from the last few Halo games decreasing population due to the diverse spread and dilution of the player base and how other much more popular games have far fewer playlists with millions more concurrent players.
I see where you are coming from but Halo has a wide variety of players. I mean there are people that play only a certain halo game or game types. It's not about maintaining a population at this point. The cross game playlists are a NO NO. If they only want a few playlists to maintain then the customs browser should do the job in keeping the ffa, 1v1, 2v2 and forge players happy. So once they implement CB more people will return.
Good Luck finding a game in ranked once you hit Lv 30 next year. If you’ve think 1 playlist per game and 2 cross game social playlists is too little you obviously haven’t been playing Halo the last 5 years. Population has been dropping off so much the only focus should be to start growing the overall base of the game. 343 should not be catering to the ppl who come on these forums who complain about wanting a energy sword speed boost CTF hour long gamemode. I understand the intention but it’s damaged the community. They need to start focusing on building the core modes not splitting the community into fractions. Customs are always there for ppl who want to play non-core modes and that’s how it should stay.

And for the record I love team snipers and I grinded it the last 2 years on H5 with its tiny population but it shouldn’t have been there. I understand sacrifices have to be made for the greater good and culling the niche playlists is what’s better for the franshise.
Like I said the damage is already done. Trying to sustain a population is idiotic. Custom Games Browser, end of.
I’m sorry but maintaining/building the population is what 343s main priority should be at the moment. Obviously they don’t think that’s the case by preventing every country outside of North America from finding games with the 3rd region lock in 4 years and by having 30 playlists across 2 games during Halo’s worst population in history. What’s better for population growth? Having 6 playlists full of players with a very little wait time (game is playable for pretty much everyone) OR have 14 playlists where over half you would likely have to wait 3-10mins to get a game and once you hit a certain rank you can’t get any.

Playlists

Ranked:
Halo 1
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo 4

Social
BTB (All games)
Social Slayer (4v4 All games)

Also I wouldn’t mind them adding a 7th playlist - Doubles as the search times would be really fast for that playlist. As they got rid of map voting it would be a bit hard though. But I think having 1 multiple game playlist isn’t that bad and you would just have to deal with the games being random.
  • There should be a 4v4 Halo CE playlist
  • Ranking system is too basic and boring, could use improvement (make it more like Halo 3)
  • Would be nice to see stats such as # of wins/losses and K/D
  • Custom Games browser please
  • Still need a party up system in post-game lobby
  • Too many games with uneven teams (quite a few 3v4 games)
  • there's a glitch that won't let you back out of matchmaking
  • melees do not seem to be registering on some occasions on Halo 2 classic (possibly)
  • It would be cool if we could use our (xbox 360) Halo 3 ranks as nameplates on the MCC (as a nod to the Halo veterans)
  • Let us see the total number of people online, and the number of players in each playlist
  • Reduce # of grenades on Halo CE somehow? I know that's how it originally was, but the constant grenade spam kind of ruins the gameplay on some maps
  • Halo CE respawn system is pretty bad, needs reworked.
  • We should be able to quit out of the game as soon as the narrator says "Game Over", without being punished.
  • remove or improve region lock
Interesting to see that H3 is more popular than H2. I guess the folks from the Halo 2 days are playing less video games these days, which makes sense.

Matchmaking Bug
Was matched up in a 2v4 game earlier today.

Request
Would love to see the 6v6 H2 gametypes make a return. Maybe in the forum of a joint BTB playlist that includes H3. I think the Gulch Wars gametype is something that could kick start H2 and H3.

Thanks for fixing the game (and doing so in a transparent manner!).
Os servidores estão muito ruins não estamos achando jogadores aqui no Brasil a gelera vai deixar de jogar desse jeito por favor arrumem isso aí
Playing a lot of 2A and I am only getting the same 3 Rarely 4th map listed in the playlist.
Tried to play with family today. No audio at all in games but menus were fine. Played halo 1 and halo 3 maps with no audio at all in game. Halo 2 maps crashing game on loading
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 36
  4. 37
  5. 38
  6. 39
  7. 40
  8. ...
  9. 80