Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 41
  4. 42
  5. 43
  6. 44
  7. 45
  8. ...
  9. 80
Add the ability to switch grenades to the left bumper in Universal Default(Reacon) in Halo 2 Anniversary. It works fine in the Halo 2 campaign and classic but in the H2A engine, the only way is with the directional pad. I like to use the left bumper to stay consistent with Halo 3.
I've logged over 400 hours in the before update retail MCC, and all this week I've been doing nothing but playing this new update so here are some of my thoughts:

- I LOVE the removal of voting, it's so refreshing to play Halo 1, 2/2A, and hell even 4. It's alot of fun now.*

-*That being said, I don't like not knowing which game/game type I'm playing until the game starts loading. It's weird, I'd really like it if it were displayed in the lobby before the match begins.

- This has been an obvious issue, but the aiming is wayyyyy to..."twitchy." I know this issue has been addressed but it needs to be fixed ASAP.

- Hit detection is MILES better than the old MCC, but sometimes it can still be a little iffy. Further tweaking for Halos 1 and 2 would be beneficial. From what I've played so far 2A, 3 and 4 play phenomenally well.

-I live in the USA, and don't have a trouble finding matches, but I heard there was some sort of Region Lock enabled for the non American players? If so, that needs to be reworked ASAP.

- Quitting and Dashboarding NEED to be more strictly enforced. Hell, even in the old retail MCC I've never experienced so many in game quitters/AFKers. Quitting is pure cancer, and I get some emergencies may arise where you have to leave the game, but consistent quitters that leave because Halo 1 or 4 was picked needs to be taken care of. It's annoying.*

-*Also a suggestion, but why not add a Join In Progress system for Matchmaking? I mean it would combat the quitters. You could then make the AFKers get booted after a certain amount of time spent inactive, and they would be replaced by an active player. Wouldn't that be beneficial for everybody?
Add the ability to switch grenades to the left bumper in Universal Default(Reacon) in Halo 2 Anniversary. It works fine in the Halo 2 campaign and classic but in the H2A engine, the only way is with the directional pad. I like to use the left bumper to stay consistent with Halo 3.
Or... can we just have custom button mapping? I still don't know why it isn't standard in every game.
MegaYeti wrote:
Or... can we just have custom button mapping? I still don't know why it isn't standard in every game.
I’m with you on this one.
This game is abismally horrid. The update has some how made the game worse than it originally was, if that was even possible. Shot registration was great the first 2 days but now has become worse than before. You spawn directly in front of the enemy now vs as in the vicinity of your enemy as before, the team balancing is more unbalanced than before, the quitting and lagging out problem is more prevalent than before, the servers are very unreliable, every other game, I am placed in a 3 v 4 match.
Today, I lost 10 straight games IN A ROW. This game is completely unplayable. Why anyone would ever return to this game after these experiences? I cannot understand how this game has been corrupted even after a dedicated effort to fix it.

BUT...while I truly do appreciate 343 for their efforts to fix it, I can't help but share my frustration. I do like the new menu facelift, the fact you can't see other gamertags before a game so people don't quit out, the amount of time it takes to find a game is really fast, and it even looks better now graphically.

That being said, THIS FEELS MORE LIKE A WORK IN PROGRESS rather than a final update. I know that 343 is planning more updates in the future but I fulheaterdly believe they rushed this update/this update was released way too prematurely. They need to address these issues with another update. They still have my support.
This game is abismally horrid. The update has some how made the game worse than it originally was, if that was even possible. Shot registration was great the first 2 days but now has become worse than before. You spawn directly in front of the enemy now vs as in the vicinity of your enemy as before, the team balancing is more unbalanced than before, the quitting and lagging out problem is more prevalent than before, the servers are very unreliable, every other game, I am placed in a 3 v 4 match.
Today, I lost 10 straight games IN A ROW. This game is completely unplayable. Why anyone would ever return to this game after these experiences? I cannot understand how this game has been corrupted even after a dedicated effort to fix it.

BUT...while I truly do appreciate 343 for their efforts to fix it, I can't help but share my frustration. I do like the new menu facelift, the fact you can't see other gamertags before a game so people don't quit out, the amount of time it takes to find a game is really fast, and it even looks better now graphically.

That being said, THIS FEELS MORE LIKE A WORK IN PROGRESS rather than a final update. I know that 343 is planning more updates in the future but I fulheaterdly believe they rushed this update/this update was released way too prematurely. They need to address these issues with another update. They still have my support.
You're crazy if you actually think the game got worse, yes their are some bugs still but at least the games can be found and it runs a majority of the time. The region lock needs to be gone though.
First off,

I realize that this is a tremendous task to bring the halo trilogies to one game MCC. So for that my fellow gamers and I are thankful that such a game is now in exsistance. However, I dont believe the next series of playlist should be held off to be installed until the population count grows. I have close to 200 friends that played MCC for H3 doubles, H2C slayer and now the update has left us all lacking the encouragement to play. I know my closest friends and I keep checking to see when the next batch of updates will be released because we refuse to play this game now. Team arena was a great scape goat to avoid providing the best selection of game play for the gamer and more so just for the ease of you as the designer. Very disappointed wit way 343 has handled the take over of the halo trilogy. Halo wars is another game they have ruined. Unfortunately, we are left with our hands in our pockets until you release another update to provide us with the gameplay that Bungie never seized to Provide.
MCC HALO GAMES: Halo 3 & Halo 4
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Armor Customization
REPRO STEPS: N/A

Feedback: I'm not sure if this has been a frequent request in the community, but I would like to see the armor customization for Halos 3 & 4 to not confine you to an armor set. Just like the original Halo 3 and Halo 4, I think you should be able to mix and match armor pieces (shoulders, chest, helmet,visor, etc.) to your liking. Having all the armor sets unlocked is a good feature that gives you options, but being confined to a set also restricts your customization options.
I’ve had nothing but issues. Lag is unbelievable. Halo ce I shot a guy 4 times point blank with shotgun, couldn’t kill him. Just blasted blood everywhere then I died. Not sure why I had any hope for 343 to get this right. But atleast I know not to worry about getting halo infinite.

You're crazy if you actually think the game got worse, yes their are some bugs still but at least the games can be found and it runs a majority of the time. The region lock needs to be gone though.
I think it got way worse. Almost unplayable for me. Maybe there are a bunch of us crazy people. But it’s terrible.
Dear Ske7ch,

No offense but the updated playlist must include a ranked H1/H2/H2A BTB playlist since we are veteran players who tend to be competitive in these types of games. H4 needs to be seperated since it is a different style of gameplay and it’s a decade apart.

If you remember back in 2004, the Halo 2 for Xbox had a social and a ranked big team battle playlist. One of the most amazing features was the ability too form clans and compete in the ranked big team playlist and not many players quitted during those times since it is was competitive and enjoyable at the same time.

I am not sure what you are guys in the top floor are talking about but I assure to give us the ability to choose which Halos we intend to play from the intelligent delivery system and keep your updated playlist. What I want to see is being able to play the big team battle cross game playlist with opting out from Halo 4 and just being able to have a guaranteed choice of only playing H1/H2/H2A.

It is not fair that Halo 3 has their own big team battle playlist, and shame on you 343 industries for prioritizing Halo 3! Also give a custom browser just like Halo 5 so that we can jump in to other’s customs if we don’t like what you are offering in your playlists.

Think of Bungie back in 2004, where they introduced the world of matchmaking and their ranking system was out of this world. I appreciate your time and concerns for everyone. From GT: W3st Vasqu3z
Searching for players... forever 😫

The Netherlands. At night..no games to be found.. just let me play with ping 200+ again already
After a match of Team-Showdown I viewed the stats of the players and found out the ranks aren't loading properly.
One player named zBQSS was ranked lvl 29. After checking everyone elses stats and coming back to him he was suddenly ranked lvl 1.
After going back and forth his rank didn't show up at all and froze in a loading sequence.
H3 BR: I notice no changes from the update.The H3 BR is still almost unusable to me. What is so hard with making it have the same accuracy as the original H3? The BR is a big reason I don’t like H3.

Voting: As for removing voting, I agree with that move. I don’t have to deal with groups of fanboys controlling the maps/Halos all the time. Finally I will get some H4 and HCE matches . Maybe add a veto option for one round so if everyone hates a map/mode we don’t have to play.

Playlists: I believe that BTB was the best part of H4, it would be awesome if we could get a dedicated H4 BTB playlist. Maybe even give each Halo a dedicated BTB playlist. If 343i is trying to reduce playlists, maybe combine H2/H2A. They play similar and H2A only has seven maps(six in 4v4). I won’t complain too much about the limited playlists because I’m sure 343i is going to add more with future updates

H3 sound effects: I would love if H3’s sound effects were remastered or at least if the weapon volume was increased a bit. Even if it’s too time consuming to remasters the sounds, give us sound options such as environment, weapons, and dialogue option to fine tune our selves.
It's 2120 hours in Western Australia and the game won't get past the 'syncing data for Halo: The Master Chief Collection' then I get 'We were unable to get your saved data' and I cannot get into the game. Tried restarting, same issue, did a hard reset, same issue. Anyone else getting this or just my luck, any ideas?
ZacBum wrote:
It's 2120 hours in Western Australia and the game won't get past the 'syncing data for Halo: The Master Chief Collection' then I get 'We were unable to get your saved data' and I cannot get into the game. Tried restarting, same issue, did a hard reset, same issue. Anyone else getting this or just my luck, any ideas?
I'm in Australia and nothing is working for me. Even my Elite Controller app won't sync, so this seems like an Xbox Live problem and nothing specific to the MCC.
I have to be honest, I've given up on the MCC. Halo 2 is my favorite by a large margin and its simple, it takes way too long to find a match, especially with team mates in my party. The servers are really poor for me as well and the game lags more than any other game I play. In fact, this is the only game I get lag with, H5 is butter smooth and always has been.

Beyond the lag and wait time issues, are the constant quitters. Quitters wouldn't bother me as much if the game wasn't as laggy and I could get games more frequently.

I managed to get my old Halo team mate back, a guy who'd competed at MLG events. He tried to play through the issues above but got off after less than 2 hours and won't be getting back on. I suspect many will be the same.

I'll probably play through the campaigns to relive memories but the multiplayer just isn't worth it for me. H1 and H3 run pretty well and the connection is acceptable overall, but like I said, Halo 2 is my game and it just isn't fun.

I think honesty is most important here because I love Halo and want to see it popular again, so my honest opinion is that this update is really bad for Halo.

Four years after the game was released and I still havent been able to enjoy the Halo 2 I missed. It would have been better to never fix MCC than to attempt to fix it and still not have it play like we all remember.

That's all, and again, this is just my honest opinion, coming from a former semi pro at H2 who devoted years of time into that game and every other Halo.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Is there a post anywhere that discusses how MCC ranking system works? I know it’s 1-50, but how do you go up? Is it based on wins/losses? Is it based on TS2 individual stats?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 41
  4. 42
  5. 43
  6. 44
  7. 45
  8. ...
  9. 80