Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 51
  4. 52
  5. 53
  6. 54
  7. 55
  8. ...
  9. 80
So, tested matchinmaking after the regional patch.
Newspost said SOCIAL PLAYLISTS ONLY.

I have tried team slayer, H3 BTB and crossplay BTB.
No games on both the BTB playlists. Tried team slayer next. Got games within 20 secs. Played 2 and was matching the 3rd when i quit.

Consensus: Fast matchmaking and lag free games on team slayer playlist. Both matches were halo 2 classic and i fpund no problem with hit registration.

I am playing from ASIA. Also, i do hope that his patch was only for team slayer playlist and not every curr t social playlist. Cuz if it was for all of them then theres a problem as i cudnt get a match on both the BTB playlists.

If it was for only team slayer (as a test playlist) then i can say that the fix works and it shud be made available for all the other playlists. Thx
Keep up the good work 343. You are moving in the right direction! I say that as a die hard Halo CE fan that felt betrayed from the way the franchise veered from its roots. We always wanted a good 4vs4 Halo CE online multiplayer and it seems you guys are working on giving it to us. Anniversary was a slap in the face by not going with Halo CE's multiplayer. For the first time we are happy with the direction you guys are going. I assume it will be added but would like to request blood gulch and sidewinder ctf get added to 4vs4 team arena and that it becomes ranked eventually. It is also very important that they are warthogs only. That's how all the tournaments and LANs were back in the day. Anyone who knows of Halo's Angels, Spriggan, MOB, PL,BS, from California, we got down on sidewinder/blood gulch all night long. It would also depend on what the upcoming tournament was, that affected what we would play the most. If you guys ever move towards online tournaments, we would gladly pay 20 bucks per 4 man team once again and there would be great money in it. Fans would love it, you guys would love it.
Hi, I tested the update and this is a cool one. I did 5 games in the same playlist and I had 5 differents maps and 4 differents modes so this is super.
You did a very good thing with this update 343i. No vote system is a good idea. But I dont understand why did you do 2 playlist BTB with just H3 for one of them ans why there is just lone wolf in H3.
In any case continue like this. Good job
The spawn points in Halo 3 doubles feels as if it has been changed from the original Game. I feel as if players spawn much closer to combat then before. This resembles Halo 5 more than it does Halo 3 Doors which is intended to be slower and more strategy based rather than high octane action found in the newer games. It doesn't fit the game style.
Halo 3 LONE WOLFS, needs to be Ranked just like the orginal Halo 3 on the Xbox 360 people use to love trying to get there level 50.
Halo 2 Classic Lone Wolfs

Halo 2 Classic should have Lone Wolfs it needs a Ranked FFA Playlist that would be great and me personal and a lot of H2C fans would be pleased.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Abusing overshield/ using overshield as an equipment.
  • REPRO STEPS: Pick up the OV as an equipment. When you die the OV (or active camo) will spawn on your body. There are youtube vids explaining how to do this.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: I have a youtube link showing how to reproduce this bug. Also have a link to a clip when opponents did this in a game I played on MCC on 9-6-18. Not sure if this is new to MCC, but it was an issue in OG H3. This leads me to ask 343 if/when theyll get around to fixing this??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM6cii9mXMY
https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApD0ksQOtpK0mCv8iaLDkpcJIswl
  • MCC HALO GAME: Crossplay BTB
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Will like to have Halo 4 to be removed. Make into Halo 4/Reach BTB
For the love of god bring back the pre-game lobby screen for matchmaking. I would like to know what map and gametype I'm playing before we load in. Some form of veto or map voting would also be nice (since rage quitting has simmered a bit after the new playlist structure).
Multilayer Matchmaking New Progression System.

I know this sounds a bit far featched, just imagine matchmaking got a new update that allows you to earn EXP for every win, for example "Halo 3 Xbox 360" the multilayer progression system on there was amazing, it would fit perfectly with MCC keep all the level (1-50) just add EXP and RANKS, exactly like Halo 3 that would be amazing it would refresh MCC and have more people playing on there, just a cool idea I thought I should share.
Anyway to add the large maps into the halo ce 4v4 playlist? Boarding Action and Bloodgulch ctf are great with 4v4.
Hey I’m liking the update! There are definitely some improvements that could be made, but I like the general direction that it is going and certainly got better. Keep it up guys!
  • REPRO STEPS: Pick up the OV as an equipment. When you die the OV (or active camo) will spawn on your body. There are youtube vids explaining how to do this.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: I have a youtube link showing how to reproduce this bug. Also have a link to a clip when opponents did this in a game I played on MCC on 9-6-18. Not sure if this is new to MCC, but it was an issue in OG H3. This leads me to ask 343 if/when theyll get around to fixing this??
There's no point in fixing it, in most cases it doesn't really give an advantage to the player doing it.
Well extremely sad to see my favourite playlist grifball halo 3 throwback be thrown into action sack like we grifball fans dont exist.. after 100+ action sack games i finally got one.. id rather wait 20mins to get a game of grif then to play hundreds of games just to be lucky enough to get one game of grif! I've played grif alot and finding games was never a issue! You've offered this playlist for 3 years i met lots of great competive people on grifball mcc and majority of my friends all play mcc grifball! This to me is a slap in the face to us Grifballers! My question why after 3 years you take away the foundation playlists “infection,grifball,swat,team sniper” we all grew accustomed too? Infection and grifball need to make a come back as there own permanent playlist in my opinion these playlist were the reason i played mcc and now that hope to ever see them again is gone for me and my friends sincerely a concerned fan..
GOKU3097 wrote:
Please Bring infection back!
This a million times over. I never had to wait long for infection games, the population was strong.
Giga wrote:
There's no point in fixing it, in most cases it doesn't really give an advantage to the player doing it.
I disagree. At the very least it extends the "amount of time that you have the ov," so to speak.
You can carry it around close to your partner and when you die its available for use.
Not sure how this affects the respawn of the ov.
Opponents will challenge the person carrying the ov, not realizing that they are carrying ov as an equipment. Normally you can see when players are overshielded and tailor your next decision accordingly.
You can activate the ov by switching it for an equipment. You can basically camp with an ov in your back pocket.
How is none of this an advantage for the player doing it? Especially in doubles
Also, as far as i can tell, this is a bug. The format of this thread is tailored to report bugs. no?
By no means am I saying we would have won this game if they hadnt done this, so if its not a bug then jokes on me I guess.
Giga wrote:
I disagree. At the very least it extends the "amount of time that you have the ov," so to speak.
You can carry it around close to your partner and when you die its available for use.
Opponents will challenge the person carrying the ov, not realizing that they are carrying ov as an equipment. Normally you can see when players are overshielded and tailor your next decision accordingly.
You can activate the ov by switching it for an equipment. You can basically camp with an ov in your back pocket.
In the first scenario you are giving up carrying a piece of equipment and assuming that you are going to die before your teammate dies. And even if everything goes according to plan, you still ended up dying. If you had just picked up the OV you maybe wouldn't have been able to take advantage of the invincibility, but you would have been able to move around on your own with a piece of equipment and extra shields. It just doesn't seem like a worthwhile trade.

In the other case, you again need to sacrifice a piece of equipment and then you also need to be fighting on top of an equipment spawn, which are usually not really in ideal places or have often already been picked up. I've tried doing this on several maps and a good opportunity to use it is incredibly rare. And the biggest problem with it is that it isn't exactly easy to do and requires you to take a few seconds extra to swap the equipment for the OV. It's almost always better to pick up the OV normally.
Well extremely sad to see my favourite playlist grifball halo 3 throwback be thrown into action sack like we grifball fans dont exist.. after 100+ action sack games i finally got one.. id rather wait 20mins to get a game of grif then to play hundreds of games just to be lucky enough to get one game of grif! I've played grif alot and finding games was never a issue! You've offered this playlist for 3 years i met lots of great competive people on grifball mcc and majority of my friends all play mcc grifball! This to me is a slap in the face to us Grifballers! My question why after 3 years you take away the foundation playlists “infection,grifball,swat,team sniper” we all grew accustomed too? Infection and grifball need to make a come back as there own permanent playlist in my opinion these playlist were the reason i played mcc and now that hope to ever see them again is gone for me and my friends sincerely a concerned fan..
Agree 100%. Before the update, I never had any trouble finding matches quickly (even on the playlists that "nobody plays" according to 343, like Swat, Grifball and Infection) I'm really confused as to where this need to speed up matchmaking came from. I can only speak for myself, but seeing as how I was always able to find Swat matches pretty quickly, I have a hard time believing that very many people had to wait THAT long to find a match on any playlist. I really hope that all of this playlist removal didn't come about because people feel that a couple minutes is too long to wait. And, like you said, I would gladly wait longer for matches to have all of the different playlists still available.
Giga wrote:
Giga wrote:
In the first scenario you are giving up carrying a piece of equipment and assuming that you are going to die before your teammate dies. And even if everything goes according to plan, you still ended up dying. If you had just picked up the OV you maybe wouldn't have been able to take advantage of the invincibility, but you would have been able to move around on your own with a piece of equipment and extra shields. It just doesn't seem like a worthwhile trade.

In the other case, you again need to sacrifice a piece of equipment and then you also need to be fighting on top of an equipment spawn, which are usually not really in ideal places or have often already been picked up. I've tried doing this on several maps and a good opportunity to use it is incredibly rare. And the biggest problem with it is that it isn't exactly easy to do and requires you to take a few seconds extra to swap the equipment for the OV. It's almost always better to pick up the OV normally.
I agree. As I said, its not the reason we lost this game. lol in fact they probably just did it to us for a laugh.
But it is a bug, and it can be exploited.
Seeing the new Big Team Battle playlist is out.. I thought it was going to be rotational? It’s much easier to play halo 1/2 big team now thankfully and that’s awesome. But I still see people leaving games here and there. Is this mixed playlist just temporary?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 51
  4. 52
  5. 53
  6. 54
  7. 55
  8. ...
  9. 80