Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 63
  4. 64
  5. 65
  6. 66
  7. 67
  8. ...
  9. 80
Auniicorn wrote:
Ranked Playlists:Halo CEHalo 2 ClassicHalo 2 AnniversaryHalo 3 Halo 4FFA (H2,H2A,H3,H4)Team Swat (H2,H2A,H3,H4)Team Snipers (H2,H2A,H3,H4)Team Doubles (H2, H2A,H3,H4)Team Hardcore (H2,H3)
Social "unranked" Playlists:BTB Cross-Play InfectionGrifballAction sackHalo 4Halo 2 Anniversary Halo CETeam Slayer Cross-PlayMulti team (h3)Team Objetive ( H2C,H2A,H3)
Why are you not working with 343i with their Multiplayer team?
The H2 Hardcore playlist is already dead. Near impossible to find matches anymore. Doesn't matter if you search solo, with a squad, daytime, nighttime, weekdays, or weekends. I can almost never find a game anymore at rank 18. Most likely due to the H2 build itself being completely broken and unplayable for decent players in this update, as well as half of the MLG gametypes missing. (Still no Sanctuary, still no CTF) Just really sad to see because I know that the low population means it is going to get removed soon, even though it never really had a chance to grow. This playlist was pretty much the only reason I reinstalled MCC to begin with.
H2 and h3 hardcore need to go, they’re just not that popular and should easily be replace by 1 or 2 playlists the community have really been asking for.
Worst update ever...nobody asked this in a community chat. This visuals are the best part. Thanks for an update that sucks the fun out of Halo for a tenured player. Been playing Halo since the beginning. 343 takes away voting so now we get to play the worst games, which they claim is wanted by the community...I would like to meet this "community". If you want real input put out a survey. 343 call bungie and maybe they can help you figure it out.
I don’t want voting, I’m tired of everyone voting for Halo 3 every single time in Slayer & BTB. Halo 3 is my least favorite of them all and voting ruins it for me. How am I ever supposed to play Timberland if all we get to play is Valhalla?
Omisake wrote:
There's maps missing from the Halo 3 Arena playlist. There's no High Ground or Orbital. And for Halo 3 BTB, there is no more Territories either. Both of those things need to be fixed.
They’re also missing Sandbox and Valhalla which were in the original Slayer playlist on H3. Last Resort needs to be removed as it’s too big for 4v4.
Oh damn, yeah I forgot about those ones. I felt like there were other ones I missed
railgibs wrote:
Worst update ever...nobody asked this in a community chat. This visuals are the best part. Thanks for an update that sucks the fun out of Halo for a tenured player. Been playing Halo since the beginning. 343 takes away voting so now we get to play the worst games, which they claim is wanted by the community...I would like to meet this "community". If you want real input put out a survey. 343 call bungie and maybe they can help you figure it out.
I don’t want voting, I’m tired of everyone voting for Halo 3 every single time in Slayer & BTB. Halo 3 is my least favorite of them all and voting ruins it for me. How am I ever supposed to play Timberland if all we get to play is Valhalla?
I agree that voting ruined the cross playlists before, however, BTB has separated Halo 3. I have been having a lot of fun in BTB featuring: HCE, H2, H2A, and H4. no more H3 fanboys ruining everything for the rest of us. So, I understand not wanting voting before, but now we should at least have a one time veto option. I'm tired of guessing what gamemode I'm playing, while it loads. At the very least show the gamemode on the loading screen.
Lets take out hardcore modes for other ranked modes for sure.

We could use ranked swat and ranked slayer even if they were cross game playlist. I would play them all day, er day.

P.S. Remove snipers from arena and give it its own playlist ASAP
AtP Angel wrote:
AtP Angel wrote:
halo 2 swat is easily the worst of them all add 3 or 4 to it. that Is all
Not even a h2 player but h2 is where it started. H4 is barely a halo game, hence its abysmal population and h3 has more than enough playlists although i wouldn't mind if it was included.
The main complaint about H4 from a lot of Halo fans were the loadouts and personal ordinance. Swat has no ordinance and could do away with loadouts. The only major difference from H4 and H2 would be sprint. I think that it plays more like H2 than H3 does.
Simply Halo 4 has a very low skill gap. The maps are also terrible overall, making it very easy to camp for wins and tbh if people were never able to get into the game because the core gameplay was terrible then most of them would much rather play swat on a game they are actually comfortable with. Personally I'd be happy if h4 wasn't on mcc matchmaking as anyone wanting to play that can just put h4 in. Maybe keep h4 arena and that's it. But tbh it's the cod of halo's and whenever it comes up it just reminds me of how halo fell so stupidly from greatness, to being a copycat game with no respect from either it's core fan base or other gamers..
All subjective opinions. Low skill gap only matters to a player that care about that. In my opinion, H4 maps are the best of any Halo. (To name a few: Vortex, Meltdown, Exile, Ragnarok) Halo 4 is easily the most enjoyable for me. I’ve already argued about this on Waypoint. If I see another H4 hater saying that “it’s not Halo” or “it’s CoD”, I’m going to lose it. When did CoD own the rights to loadouts? I agree that I can just play the original H4, which I do. People can also play the original H3, but there still is a large number of playlists for H3(my least favorite in the series). The MCC could dump all the H3 playlists for all I care.

Point is, this isn’t about if H4 is CoD. The question is, why H4 Swat would be a problem, when Swat includes even starts and no Armor Abilities? You can’t say because of maps, some people like the maps.
What made halo fun for a large section of the population, and gives a game replay value and enforces team work is a high skill gap. This is a good reason why games like overwatch, h3 and LoL have such committed fan bases. Secondly while people can have an opinion on if a map is good, there are strong arguments for why some maps would be worse than others. Halo 4 maps have been stretched out to accommodate for sprint and jetpacks making for very predictable choke points and just generally slows down the gameplay with the illusion of it being fast paced. It's great that you enjoy them but the fact is most halo players didn't like h4, which is why even in The first year a lot of the time there was less than 10k Players, comparing that to h3 and reach which both after a year maintained more than 10 times that on a daily basis. Myself and many others would be far less inclined to play the swat playlist or any other playlist for that matter if it includes h4. This in turn will cause the population to. Not be high enough at times to support games in some regions.
Do not make nonconstructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
Karim wrote:
There are too many playlists and there's too much population fragmentation. I'm searching in FFA right now (5 pm Rome, Italy) and I can't find a single game.
The problem is that you are in Rome Italy unfortunately this update only benefits American players 343 do Not care about the rest of the world.
Why is there no GAME CHOICE VOTING anymore??

There should be a CRAZY KING ONLY GAMETYPE aka Guardian, Epitaph, Sanctuary, Pit etc. By far the most fun halo gametype at those levels especially.

How bout shotty snipes at Headlong or a shotty snipes Gametype.

AND WHERE IS SANDBOX??????????????? It was never a playable level in MCC matchmaking. It is an amazingly fun level to battle at. Get rid of Standoff and Valhalla!
AtP Angel wrote:
AtP Angel wrote:
AtP Angel wrote:
halo 2 swat is easily the worst of them all add 3 or 4 to it. that Is all
Not even a h2 player but h2 is where it started. H4 is barely a halo game, hence its abysmal population and h3 has more than enough playlists although i wouldn't mind if it was included.
The main complaint about H4 from a lot of Halo fans were the loadouts and personal ordinance. Swat has no ordinance and could do away with loadouts. The only major difference from H4 and H2 would be sprint. I think that it plays more like H2 than H3 does.
What made halo fun for a large section of the population, and gives a game replay value and enforces team work is a high skill gap. This is a good reason why games like overwatch, h3 and LoL have such committed fan bases.
It’s funny that the Halo 3 fans are so obsessed with it, keep playing for years, then complain that the popularization is too low. If it was and continues to be so good, why do they need the MCC to bring back the population? Why weren’t all the Halo 3 fanboys, that are currently playing the MCC, playing H3 for the last 11 years? Population should’ve never decreased based on the number of them infesting the MCC. As for maps, I think that H3 maps actually aren’t made very well. Standoff is far to big for H3’s snail movement and broken BR. Rats Nest has to the most boring. Sandtrap and Valhalla are actually pretty fun but the BR is still unusable.

Skill gap can be a problem when the “Halo veterans” know all the power weapon locations, spawn points, and camp with snipe. In my experience, there isn’t any more campers in H4 than H2. There’s always that guy with a Beam Rifle, destroying everyone. I still like H2 but it has a frustration factor. H4 is better, because new players can choose weapons in loadouts and power weapons are shown as Ordinance drops.
Do not make nonconstructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
In short remove h4 from MCC.

This post feels less offensive now!

:)
This is not a thread to discuss the merits of each game's matchmaking. This is for specific feedback regarding the playlists and MCC matchmaking.
Please bring back smg starts for halo 2 classic in btb and social slayer playlists. Br starts are fine for competitive but in a social setting its just less fun when no one even dual wields anymore and all your encounters are mid range battles. It just sucks all the fun out of the game.
So I noticed you guys said you did playlist weighting. But I’ve been getting like 7 games of obj in a row. Don’t see any difference, possibly even worse in playlists like h2c. Also allow us to back out even after it says player found. This system is flawed. “Reason being” when I’m searching and my friend gets kicked to the lobby or etc, I can’t back out to re invite him due to being locked into a lobby with one player found. So I then have to quit the entire build. Also seperate obj from slayer. Still really messing up the game. Either seperate them or add back veto so we can skip obj. Please make one of these fixes
Issue after the latest patch i have: spinning wheel for highest rank. On my profile and others when I click on theirs. Anyone else have this issue? Ive done all i can on my end to try to fix it. Whats the point in rank if it cant be seen lol
railgibs wrote:
If the games were split correctly as supposed to be. You wouldn’t have to worry about anyone voting h3. Because you can just play the title you want and only vote maps for your preferred title
Multi-Team should come in soon (3v3v3v3) for Halo 2 classic/anniversary, 3, and 4! The one playlist I have the most fun in besides FFA Rumble Pit!
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Anniversary
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Frame rate drops especially during intense gunfights/multiple explosions in a small area
  • REPRO STEPS:
    I'm experiencing framerate drops during gunfights, explosions and intense fighting nearby where I'm walking. The frames takes a dive for 3 seconds and comes right back up shortly after (even when I'm not looking at the fight). This is prevalent in Bloodline and Stonetown - BTB games.

Console: Original Xbox One

• ADDITIONAL INFO: N/A
I played maybe six matches yesterday and all but one was Halo 2; the one time it wasn’t H2 Classic it was H2A. I guess it was H2 night. This was BTB(HCE, H2, H2A, H4). I was playing with a party, hoping to get some Halo 4. We should at least get a veto option.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 63
  4. 64
  5. 65
  6. 66
  7. 67
  8. ...
  9. 80