Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 69
  4. 70
  5. 71
  6. 72
  7. 73
  8. ...
  9. 80
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Shot registration.
  • REPRO STEPS: If not selected as host (I thought there were dedicated servers?), it takes 7 shots to do the same damage as the host taking 4-5 shots. Even in SWAT it sometimes takes more than 1 direct shot to the head.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo CE Multiplayer - All modes
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Players are automatically, immediately, always kicked/booted from a multiplayer game, after 3 betrayals.
  • REPRO STEPS: 1) Betray 3 people by mistake (very easy if you are driving a warthog and accidentally run people over) 2) Observe that immediately after the 3rd betrayal, you and everyone on your screen are immediately kicked from the game.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: 3 betrayals is not enough, and is arbitrary. This needs to be configurable or increased. I am going to have a LAN party, and I know that long sidewinder or blood gulch games can go for over an hour... I'm sure that someone will get three betrayals during that timeframe.
Ask: 343i, please re-visit the betrayal auto-kick system in Halo CE multiplayer, ASAP.
LarsBars wrote:
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Players are automatically, immediately, always kicked/booted from a multiplayer game, after 3 betrayals.
  • REPRO STEPS: 1) Betray 3 people by mistake (very easy if you are driving a warthog and accidentally run people over) 2) Observe that immediately after the 3rd betrayal, you and everyone on your screen are immediately kicked from the game.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: 3 betrayals is not enough, and is arbitrary. This needs to be configurable or increased. I am going to have a LAN party, and I know that long sidewinder or blood gulch games can go for over an hour... I'm sure that someone will get three betrayals during that timeframe.
Ask: 343i, please re-visit the betrayal auto-kick system in Halo CE multiplayer, ASAP.
Not to sound like a -Yoink-, but I've never really seen anyone kill 3 teammates in a single game of Halo CE by accident either in MM or Customs and that's with friendly fire still turned on. If your doing Customs you can always turn Friendly Fire off as well.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Rocket's will occasionally not fire, the rocket launcher will still make a sound of it launching but doesn't. Happens in MM and Customs.
  • Additional Info : This bug has been here since the game launched back in 2014 and isn't a new bug.
  • Game Clip : https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/masterch1ef87/video/60655263
  • See clip above as an example fourth rocket round is an example of the bug. Clip was recorded on Friday Sept. 14, 2018.
Ever since the big update I feel like I'm shooting marshmallows more than I ever used to, specifically in Halo 2/3. Blatant BR body shots not even registering center mass, along with melee registration being horrible. I honestly preferred the pre-update, as bad as that could be at times, because this feels like trash to play now.
Also bring back Halo 2 CLASSIC Doubles playlist of some sort.
LarsBars wrote:
I hope you don't drive in real life
I gotta say i don't really agree with some of the new map/gametype weightings for HCE: Team Arena. You removed Longest and Wizard, which are both fantastic 4v4 slayer maps with constant action. 343 do you even Halo?
Quote:
  • Removed Longest Team Slayer
  • Removed Wizard Team Slayer
The below maps are what come up 99% of the time, regardless, so what does increasing the weightings actually accomplish out of curiosity?
Quote:
  • Increased weighting to Damnation Team Slayer
  • Increased weighting to Battle Creek Team Slayer
  • Increased weighting to Prisoner Team Slayer
  • Increased weighting to Hang em’ High Team Slayer
  • Increased weighting to Chill Out Team Slayer
  • Increased weighting to Derelict Team Slayer
  • Increased weighting to Rat Race Team Slayer
Also, I'd like to say that 4v4 Hang'em High for slayer is just bad. It's too easy for blue team to spawn camp red team in the corner for the entire game. Fun!

Last, slayer on boarding action (not just snipers) is a great combo. The way the map is laid out makes it really hard to spawn camp players. It'd be even better if you removed radar. Thus far, I've yet to ever get a game on boarding action even though it is listed as a map in the social slayer and HCE Arena playlists.
Bring back Infection as a permanent playlist please. It's all I played before the update.
I dont know if this has been addressed before in this forum or not, but anyway here it goes.

I feel like there is a slight delay when moving the reticle/aim around in Halo 3 (and has been in the game pre patch), but the patch made it a bit better imo.
Moving the reticle in H3 360/H3 BC and MCC feels a lot different.
By delay i mean, from the moment I move my stick on the controller until the reticle actually moves, this goes for Campaign, Matchmaking and Custom games.

I play on a 24' FHD 1ms monitor. It's "hard wired" to the Xbox one S, no capture cards or splitters are being used (even tried another monitor with worse specs, same thing).

Is there anyone looking in to this at 343?
I don't think I've experienced so many Halo players quitting games or "playing" motionless ever since online gaming started than in the last few weeks of playing mcc multiplayer. This is no exaggeration. I don't think that having more strict penalties on those players would be helpful because I believe most of this is because the VOTE feature has been eliminated and it leaves little room for options. As a result I've noticed that many players keep quitting and restarting searches. Also it is apparent that there is no way to stop someone from entering a playlist and leaving their controller unattended. This leads to an extremely frustrating game no matter what team that player is on. I'm guessing a good deal of this is due to the required changes necessary to boost game start time. However I feel like now I'm having to waste time playing through games I tolerate (sometimes barely) versus before when I had to use more time searching but had a good chance of getting the game I preferred. There is most likely a good balance that can be achieved between the two.
Will there be a new playlist added in this update?
LarsBars wrote:
Not to sound like a -Yoink-, but I've never really seen anyone kill 3 teammates in a single game of Halo CE by accident either in MM or Customs and that's with friendly fire still turned on. If your doing Customs you can always turn Friendly Fire off as well.
This exact thing actually happened last week playing customs on a long sidewinder match. The host had 2 players on the same screen so it only has to be 3 betrayals among the 2 screens. It booted the entire game and ruined the match. It is a problem. A rare one but it does happen. If someone was running a tournament this would really mess things up if it happened.. A pause system that allows vote kicking and the 2 teams to talk while paused would perhaps be a decent solution.
The H2 Hardcore playlist is already dead. Near impossible to find matches anymore. Doesn't matter if you search solo, with a squad, daytime, nighttime, weekdays, or weekends. I can almost never find a game anymore at rank 18. Most likely due to the H2 build itself being completely broken and unplayable for decent players in this update, as well as half of the MLG gametypes missing. (Still no Sanctuary, still no CTF) Just really sad to see because I know that the low population means it is going to get removed soon, even though it never really had a chance to grow. This playlist was pretty much the only reason I reinstalled MCC to begin with.
H2 and h3 hardcore need to go, they’re just not that popular and should easily be replace by 1 or 2 playlists the community have really been asking for.
Lol I don't think so guy. H3 Hardcore has always been very popular. Something those players always come back to and grind. Don't see a reason why any Hardcore playlist would "need to go" unless you simply don't enjoy a fair and balanced Halo multiplayer match.
It does not make sense to place Snipers game type in Arena playlists where half of the maps are geared towards 4v4 BR combat (especially when you throw Flag, Bomb, and Oddball into the mix). Although I personally enjoyed playing Snipers (prior to update) on small, BR oriented maps, I understand the frustrations of players who enter Arena and are put into a Snipers match. Please give Snipers it's own permanent playlist. With such a large update, and MCC re-emerging (or establishing itself) itself as the dominant choice for Halo matchmaking (no offense, but Halo 5 was quite a disappointment to a good portion of players), I honestly can't see why a Team Snipers playlist would have any issues filling up with players. The same can easily be said about a Swat playlist. Ranked Snipers and Swat would be glorious, but I would be happy with just permanent playlists.

Are there polls you can go and vote for playlists to be added or removed?
EatonZ wrote:
Two pieces of feedback for Halo 1.

First:
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 1
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: On the Hang 'Em High map, you can see the Assault Rifle shadows through the floor.
  • REPRO STEPS: Play a match on Hang 'Em High and look for the spot in the below picture.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Picture: https://i.imgur.com/poorLCL.jpg
Second:
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 1
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The Sniper Rifle screen remains visible while in Active Camo. Not sure if this is intentional, but wanted to report anyway.
  • REPRO STEPS: Play a match on Hang 'Em High and get a Sniper Rifle and then an Active Camo.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Picture: https://i.imgur.com/vAlh8w4.jpg
It works that way in the original game for both items you listed.
Why are Halo 2's spawns still so messed up? The weapons feel a bit more like their original console versions but spawning is still awful. Just to give some examples: one team will still spawn scattered across the middle of Coagulation; one team will spawn on the perimeter of District; and everyone spawns as if it's FFA in Team Slayer on Sanctuary. I have yet to play a match after the update came out in which both teams initially spawned entirely where they were supposed to. It's made many matches incredibly unfair for everyone involved.
The spawn points are ruined on Halo
3 as well.
Why are Halo 2's spawns still so messed up? The weapons feel a bit more like their original console versions but spawning is still awful. Just to give some examples: one team will still spawn scattered across the middle of Coagulation; one team will spawn on the perimeter of District; and everyone spawns as if it's FFA in Team Slayer on Sanctuary. I have yet to play a match after the update came out in which both teams initially spawned entirely where they were supposed to. It's made many matches incredibly unfair for everyone involved.
The spawn points are ruined on Halo
3 as well.
Especially on Rats Nest, near the sniper spawn. If you don't look directly at where the red spawn is, they can literally spawn behind you, like 2-3 meter away from you.
LarsBars wrote:
343i can obviously easily change this setting. Researching back to 2015 just after the MCC launched, people were complaining about people betraying over and over again in Halo CE games. It appears that during that time, there was simply no recourse for betrayals.

I think when you set up a custom game, this needs to be a controllable setting. In a LAN setting, betrayal booting isn't helpful, it just becomes a way people troll when someone innocently nudge their teammates with a warthog.
LarsBars wrote:
I hope you don't drive in real life
You have obviously never played Halo: Combat Evolved.
I have a lag issue with both Halo 2, I thought it was my connection, but it works fine with the other Halo´s

Another thing is that sometimes after the lobby finds all the players, it suddenly starts to look again for them.

Besides that, I´m having a great time and enjoying the game

And finalIy I have a request, it would be really awesome to play lonewolves for H2, H2A and H4, right now it´s only available for H3, don´t know if you are planning to add them later, but it would be a definite yes for me, personally I would like to play them in a ranking mode, but I don´t mind if it comes non ranked
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 69
  4. 70
  5. 71
  6. 72
  7. 73
  8. ...
  9. 80