2. ...
  3. 74
  4. 75
  5. 76
  6. 77
  7. 78
  8. ...
  9. 80
Can we get Swat as a RANKED playlist please !
Couple of things:
  • FFA should be ranked
  • Halo 2 BTB omits the starting announcement of the game type (i.e. no initial announcement of "Team Slayer" or "Assault")
  • Weight of Halo 3 maps and game types in Action Sack should be reduced slightly (most notably SHWATguns)
  • Names of enemy players in Halo CE multiplayer seem to attach to the top of the screen instead of the top of their head
  • Players remaining after games have completed are still separated when rejoining matchmaking searching
Otherwise, this patch is pretty good. Glad that I can finally back out of the queue even after players have joined instead of having to play consecutive matches.

Is there gonna be any notice on either what the next rotational playlist is gonna be, or at least when it'll be swapped out?
I don't understand why SWAT is limited to H2C, but I do hope it goes back to how it was with all the other games too.
I'm not trying to keep posting this but I haven't had a good team arena match for Halo CE the last 2 days. It is so plagued by leavers and unbalanced matches. Literally just stopped playing because I'm over it. Please not only add the penalty for leaving but also add a mercy rule/forfeit option that can stop a match early. I don't enjoy spending 10 minutes to lose or to win a game that is either completely 1 sided or has a bunch of leavers. I know I've posted something similar to this a couple times so I won't post it again to avoid spamming the feedback. Making it ranked would also help with the balancing part. The mercy/forfeit rule could apply to 2vs2 and 4vs4 and all Halo games. Playing a 2vs2 to 50 when the other team scores 12 is not fun. Please consider.
This is your periodic reminder that AR starts in Halo 3 are still horrible and just as bad as SMG starts ever were in H2/H2A. There is zero logical consistency in removing one in not both(not that I think SMG starts should return mind you). There is no reason H3 should be the only game in the series to suffer terrible settings.

If this was Reach AR starts where the Pistol wasn't completely worthless there would at least be some wiggle room to argue AR starts, but in Halo 3 there just isn't that same latitude. If CE, H2, H2A, and even H4(where you can at least choose) can get away with having no auto only starts, there is no good reason Halo 3 should be made to suffer the same fate.
Halo 1 4v4 Team Arena Playlist is broken!!!

With the quitting epidemic being so bad, raising the kill count to 100, raising ball and koth to 5 min, and flag caps to 5 makes most games drag.Most games u have to quit out of just so u dont have to play a 4v1 or 4v2 and wait 20 minutes for the game to end.

And what's with the weird starting weapon spawns on some maps now?
I see a lot of complaining about the updated 4v4 CE settings, but honestly they seemed to be aimed at the wrong issue. The settings in a 4v4 match are perfectly reasonable for game length, the actual issue lies in the rampant quitting which will hopefully be addressed through quit penalties in the near future.

The above being said, I do recall reading (though have not playtested) that oddball respawn times are 5 seconds. This would admittedly make it difficult for one team to properly set-up and control the ball for 5 minutes. Hopefully this feedback is being addressed and we will see 10 second respawns for all objective gametypes.
In all my time playing CE - both on XBC and LAN parties- I've never encountered 4v4 games to 100.. I can understand the argument for it and would even be down to play some games like that, but no way can it fit on an unranked Halo CE playlist.

I think the main issue here is players who are familiar with the title, but have no real experience with it, have two options.. They play ranked 2v2 or they play unranked 4v4 with a larger team. I think it's clear which one they pick. They get in a game and probably quickly realize they are getting smoked... most likely just spawned killed, since that's part of the CE game/strategy.

So what's left to do?

They quit, and for honestly a good reason, they bring nothing to the game and are having a bad time..That just leaves the other players who actually know what they're doing playing a 4v3 or 4v2 or 3v2 or whatever. Not fun for them either now. They have to gruelingly search and destroy the other team till they can get to 100; or play shadow games with the one kid left who has something to prove (#ThatsBeenMe).

So is the ban hammer really the answer?
Or should we look to creating an environment where our players want to stay?

I truly believe 4v4 needs to be ranked. If your new to CE you then can have two options, vote for it in social slayer, or play at your level in 4v4, 2v2 ranked.
That's the only way I see 4v4 CE actually being fixed and not just thrown away.
I J Lew I wrote:
In all my time playing CE - both on XBC and LAN parties- I've never encountered 4v4 games to 100.. I can understand the argument for it and would even be down to play some games like that, but no way can it fit on an unranked Halo CE playlist.

I think the main issue here is players who are familiar with the title, but have no real experience with it, have two options.. They play ranked 2v2 or they play unranked 4v4 with a larger team. I think it's clear which one they pick. They get in a game and probably quickly realize they are getting smoked... most likely just spawned killed, since that's part of the CE game/strategy.

So what's left to do?

They quit, and for honestly a good reason, they bring nothing to the game and are having a bad time..That just leaves the other players who actually know what they're doing playing a 4v3 or 4v2 or 3v2 or whatever. Not fun for them either now. They have to grueling search and destroy the other team till they can get to 100; or play shadow games with the one kid left who has something to prove (#ThatsBeenMe).

So is the ban hammer really the answer?
Or should we look to creating an environment where our players want to stay?

I truly believe 4v4 needs to be ranked. If your new to CE you then can have two options, vote for it in social slayer, or play at your level in 4v4, 2v2 ranked.
That's the only way I see 4v4 CE actually being fixed and not just thrown away.
I think it could be ranked but also go off a more modern mmr system like most big games today. Instead of starting at level 1, players could start at 2000 mmr. When they win they go up in mmr, when the lose they go down. This would make it so the noobs drop to around 500 mmr and match up against other noobs that are around 500 mmr and have great games. Pros would climb to 4k and 5k mmr and match other 4k and 5k players. Mid skill players would hover around 2k and pretty good players would be around 3k. The level system is out dated as it was made a long time ago by bungie when Halo 2 came out. There is a lot of things that could make this game way better. Throw out the levels. Fortnite only has levels because it is a game where you earn exp each match regardless of win or loss.
im a player from the uk and i struggle so hard to find games in any other mode but social slayer. alot of uk players are complaining that they cannot find games, can this be fixed? im a dedicated halo fan and i feel like the us is being favoured.
add tanks back to most maps (they shouldve been in the first place) add league play similar to halo 5 and halo wars and for the love of god BRING BACK INFECTION
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Classic
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: In split screen multiplayer when active camouflage is enabled there is graphical distortion on the right side of the Rocket Launcher. This also occurs in single screen multiplayer but is less noticeable, probably due to FOV differences
  • REPRO STEPS: -
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar7776clPSMabErQI9y1dmYCrmU
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 4
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Halo 4 Action Sack Medal Madness - when it switches from DMR/BR double kills to any other mode, your HUD flashes no shields, likely because the DMR/BR mode is no-shields and the shields are not instantly recharged on mode switch. They should be recharged instantly in this unique case.
  • REPRO STEPS: Play the gametype and observe what happens in the mode after DMR/BR double kills.
SnapJaws wrote:
I'm not trying to keep posting this but I haven't had a good team arena match for Halo CE the last 2 days. It is so plagued by leavers and unbalanced matches. Literally just stopped playing because I'm over it. Please not only add the penalty for leaving but also add a mercy rule/forfeit option that can stop a match early. I don't enjoy spending 10 minutes to lose or to win a game that is either completely 1 sided or has a bunch of leavers. I know I've posted something similar to this a couple times so I won't post it again to avoid spamming the feedback. Making it ranked would also help with the balancing part. The mercy/forfeit rule could apply to 2vs2 and 4vs4 and all Halo games. Playing a 2vs2 to 50 when the other team scores 12 is not fun. Please consider.
It seems that every playlist has its issues with quitters and over-matched teams. I enjoy the social aspect of the unranked games, but a ranked playlist would allow one to eventually rank up high enough so that less people quit out. I'm still pushing for a team playlist that you can only enter solo - for Halo CE through Halo 4. Not everyone has a group of buddies they play with on a regular basis. Would be nice to know that both teams consist completely of randoms.
I am making this as an update for East Asian players. Ever since the update, getting into social playlists have been very easy. I am very thankful I can play again. Because it's been going well I hope that you allow east Asian players into ranked modes. Here are a list thanks things that I believe should be added to the game.

- Player count per playlist
- Complete Region unlock. (Seriously, this isn't 2007 anymore.)
- Ability to toggle which games you would like to search for (or not search for)
- Veto system (is that so hard?)
- File Sharing. (not through game DVR)
- Early quit banning. (Even in Social playlists) If you quit early, you should get a 30 minute ban AT THE LEAST. (Stop being so gentle)
- Halo Reach :P
halo 3 Why is there no permanent only TEAM OBJECTIVE like CTF and arm the bomb ?
  • MCC HALO GAME: Big team battle 1,2.3.4
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Wait times are horrendous
  • REPRO STEPS: Searching for games 30+min consistency. I could replicate this and sit in the lobby for 6 hours and still not find a game ieif only my patience would match.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Next Halo game should be called 'Halo: Please evolve Bungie.'
Can we get Swat as a RANKED playlist please !
Just out of curiosity, why do you feel that Swat has to be ranked? I understand that people want it to be a permanent playlists so they can play it at any time; but I've always been under the impression that people who play Swat aren't looking for a sweaty/competitive experience. Similar to the people that primarily play things like Grifball, Big Team Battle, Action Sack, Multi-Team, etc.
i have to agree from reading the posts that we do have a lot of quiters and unbalanced team a lot. The ban hammer doesnt seem to affect much but think about it. If im losing or have less teammates im motivated to just quit despite the ban because if im not enjoying the game, id rather get the ban and play something else till the ban is removed and i think a lot of those players have similar mindset. I noticed that back then on halo 3 days, the matchmaking was set up where if you had extra player slots then people were allowed to jump into the match but now it doesnt do that. I believe this setting should be applied to the matchmaking again. I can see the frustration of joining in the game right when its about to end but at least this solution might resolve the quiting and unbalanced team issues. At least its worth a shot to see if it improves anything
im a player from the uk and i struggle so hard to find games in any other mode but social slayer. alot of uk players are complaining that they cannot find games, can this be fixed? im a dedicated halo fan and i feel like the us is being favoured.
As an Asian player, I feel the same. Still having trouble finding matches after the update.
I am level 35 in Halo 2 Classic Arena, it is getting unbelievably hard to find a game sitting for almost 1 hour with no matches. You guys need to get rid of the hardcore playlist, and some social playlist. Let teams of 3 and 4 match single players. Widen the match gap to 15 levels above and below. We need more people in ranked playlist. We don't need all these social playlist. If you want to play socially you can create your own custom games. You guys need to help getting matches in ranked playlist easier. This is ridiculous! Also on Halo 2 Classic we keep getting the map tombstone like every other game, please remove or reduce the frequency of getting the map tombstone. Also remove the game type team slayer snipers. PLEASE REDUCE THE AMOUNT OF PLAYLIST!

Ranked Playlist
Halo CE Arena 4v4
Halo 2 Classic Arena 4v4
Halo 2 Anniversary Arena 4v4
Halo 3 Arena 4v4

Social Playlist
Social Slayer 4v4
Social Big Team 8v8
I am level 35 in Halo 2 Classic Arena, it is getting unbelieveibly hard to find a game sitting for almost 1 hour with no matches. You guys need to get rid of the hardcore playlist, and some social playlist. Let teams of 3 and 4 match single players. Widen the match gap to 15 levels above and below. We need more people in ranked playlist. We dont need all theese social playlist. If you want to play socialy you can create your own custom games. You guys need to help getting matches in ranked playlist easier. This is rediculous!
Agreed - except why get rid of hardcore? Seems like you are a competitive player, so why get rid of the most competitive settings?

I think the playlists def need to be simplified and focus on the competitive, as you suggest.

Reference my post here: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/mcc-multiplayer-feedback/045207a0-caf3-4f87-8285-9e00a9479ea2/posts?page=75#post1494
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 74
  4. 75
  5. 76
  6. 77
  7. 78
  8. ...
  9. 80