Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC New Forge Map Feedback (Xbox)

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I haven't had the chance to play most of the maps, but I've played Traumatica a good few times now.

While the map looks well forged, it doesn't play very well. You spawn in Heretic style pretty much in view of the other team immediately. The map feels small for 4v4 anything, and I found myself spawning and almost immediately being shot quite often. The sight lines, barring the spawning issue mentioned, are pretty good for the most part (though, I'm no expert on sight lines for a map I've only played half a dozen times). There is one spot, a small corridor on the side of the map, that is so dangerous to be in it's pointless to use. The corridor is walled with the metal fencing, but since you can shoot through it anyway, anyone walking down the stretch is usually dead if they're spotted. Maybe this is intentional, since it is a straight shot to the enemy's base, but the map is small enough to where that advantage is diminished.
This might not be relevant to feedback, but it's a semi-related question. Is there a time period to submit maps, or if I get ahold of a mod, could I potentially get a map into matchmaking whenever?
They usually look for new maps made for a specific purpose every few months, or so. In this particular instance, ForgeHub hosted a map contest for 4v4 maps, and 343 worked with them to get maps for 4v4 modes in matchmaking.
want to play
There needs to be more Halo 2 anniversary forge maps. For the 4v4 playlist, 8v8 playlist, and the infection playlist. I have one suggestion as well Halo 5 Guardians had a linear infection playlist. There should be one for Halo 2 anniversary.
Add more forge btb maps with tanks and and add more forge maps to invasion
Happy they mixing the maps up
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2