Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

MCC Not on pc is borderline unfair

OP NesquikBF4

It is unfair to us pc players that are being left in the dark about the MCC. i would like to know if the mcc is coming to PC, yes or no.
The last fps halo game for me was halo 2 a decade ago but, but it looks like 343 and Microsoft want to sell consoles, So i dont think a PC port of the mcc would come out.
what do you guys think about a mcc port.
With the Play Anywhere system they got going, they kind of already lowered their number of console customers.
With the Play Anywhere system they got going, they kind of already lowered their number of console customers.
but they do keep their best seller on xbox.
They said they have no plans, so that means that if it ever does come to PC, it won't be anytime soon.
NesquikBF4 wrote:
but they do keep their best seller on xbox.
They put HW1 and HW2, the Spartan Series, and Halo 5's Forge and custom games on pc, but no complete FPS Halo titles yet. Maybe they're saving the main series for console players, but in the end it's all about profit. At this point, porting the MCC to pc would be very profitable, as there are plenty of people asking for it. I don't work for 343, or by extension, Microsoft, but I bet they would make a port if they knew they could make big bucks off of it.
I'm quite convinced it's coming and I think it has been in Microsoft's interest not to say anything about it in order to push Xbox One X sales; a PC gamer/Halo fan who breaks down and buys an Xbox One X (or S for that matter) out of the concern that Halo will never come to PC (or at least not anytime soon) is a reliable sale for a console that is behind its competition and struggles to have exclusives that really stand out in the crowd.

A while back there was an image that went up on Amazon (I think) of a download card for MCC that said Xbox AND Windows 10. Now, that has been taken down and it was said that it was a mistake. I worked for a number of years in marketing and those kinds of assets are usually created with a purpose long before products hit retail shelves--digital or otherwise. I think based on my experience that it's at least plausible that it was an asset which will actually be circulated, but was accidentally used in that instance. I'll admit I could be completely wrong on this.

However, I do find it peculiar that a Halo edition Xbox One S shipped with MCC and Halo 5 and came with 5 on disc and MCC on download. Phil Spencer did clarify that Halo 5 likely wouldn't come to PC (after all it's far from the most memorable of entries), which makes me think about MCC. Why would they ship one download code and one disc? Why not two discs or two download codes? I suspect that MCC may end up a part of the Play Anywhere program and anyone who used a digital code to own the game would automatically be grouped in with this. Of course if they actually said that, a lot of PC gamers would hold off on buying a new Xbox because it was guaranteed they could play Halo on their machines.

When you consider that Halo 5 did not push the series out of the cultural margins its currently stuck in, I think it's reasonable to assume that Halo 6 might be a more true return to form instead of an experimental outing like 5 was. If this is the case, and of course assuming that 6 will be a part of the Play Anywhere program, I think it would be in their interest to put MCC on PC either at the same time the Xbox One X update comes out or shortly thereafter in order to try and promote Halo 6 as we get closer to that release--a similar tactic to what MCC was sort of used for when it came to Halo 5.

Or Halo will be the only first-party title to stay grounded to the Xbox--which may be less desirable, but significantly more likely.
They said they had no plans for a pc port but they didn't say it won't ever happen. They have their hands full with working on another halo title and the team separate from them are working on the updates for MCC. It will probably be a real thing eventually, just that now isn't possible to make it happen.
They said they had no plans for a pc port but they didn't say it won't ever happen. They have their hands full with working on another halo title and the team separate from them are working on the updates for MCC. It will probably be a real thing eventually, just that now isn't possible to make it happen.
they said they have no announced plans
NesquikBF4 wrote:
they said they have no announced plans
Yeah for the time being. But it may or may not be up in the air for possibility in the future.
More than likely it isnt coming to PC. Better buy and xbox and get with the times
They're getting the game FIXED first.

After that, they can start to think/work on PC Ports and new content.
More than likely it isnt coming to PC. Better buy and xbox and get with the times
"get with the times" lol

You say that, yet everyone here is begging to have a proper port of ODST firefight and Reach so they could play it at 1080p 60fps....if they were on PC in the first place, we would have been playing alll those games at 1080p/60 all those years ago.

It is the other way around, get a PC and "get with the times". Xbox one's hardware was outdated on release...

Don't make a statement like that if you do not know what you are talking about.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
PC Elitists don' deserve Halo.

Until they stop with the "PC Master Race" childish attitude, they can keep crying in the corner.
PC Elitists don' deserve Halo.

Until they stop with the "PC Master Race" childish attitude, they can keep crying in the corner.
Well, Microsoft doesn't really care about that, it's sales they care about. They would certainly not make a profit off MCC being ported because the amount of resources it would take to properly port it wouldn't be worth it; Halo is a dying franchise. They don't even have enough resources to fix this game in a timely fashion, it's going to be four year after release that it'll be fully working for the first time.
They're getting the game FIXED first.

After that, they can start to think/work on PC Ports and new content.
I was scrolling down hoping someone would point this out. They did say they have no announced plans for a PC port of the MCC. This is probably because they've got a lot more important things on their plate regarding the MCC on the console it launched on (Huge fixes and updates). They didn't say they wont ever entertain the idea, just not in the near future.
Fix first. Port later.
There is nothing to be gained to divvy up the Halo MCC team to port it when it isn't even fixed yet. Not to mention, PC players will immediately complain that it is 'broken' and just think less of 343i than they already do. There is nothing to gain by porting it now in an unfinished state when they can just fix it and port a more stable game.