Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

MCC ODST Audio Log - 30th log

OP HRDNightRod

So we managed to get all 29 logs last nite on Easy Co-Op. We started looking for the 30th log in the Data Hive, however I believe we may have done it incorrectly. As we didn't find the section where it as frozen anywhere and got the end of the level.

I read in a YT video that if your playing Co-Op, that you have to go from Mombasa and complete the Kikowani Station then go to the Data Hive to get the 30th log. You can't just start the Data Hive at the beginning by quitting from New Mombasa as Co-Op doesn't seem to save the log progress on Co-Op. Apparently it does on Single player. This video was made two years ago.

Also there is a AI that has to follow you down the bugger hole and you have to follow him into the frozen section where the door he unlocks is that has the 30th log.

Can anyone help with some info or a good video on this? Want to try and do this correctly on the 2nd try, LoL.

Happy New Year.
Does anyone know if the 30th log needs to be done one single player?
Having troubles in Co-Op in getting the AI solder to follow us down the last hole to the frozen section. Yes we do have all 29 logs.
And we started at Kikiwani Station and did the level, and Mombasa streets then back to Data Hive.

Not sure if were doing this right for Co-Op or if single player is needed.
So tried it on single player and started Data Hive at Rally point Bravo. The AI Solder is there, however wont jump down the hold with me and is killed.
Should i start at the first level for Data Hive and go from there on single player?
I did it on one sitting on mcc. I almost had it on 360 coop, but lost progress when I swapped to solo.

I recommend just doing it in one go solo. Use a YouTube guide.
I have all 30 logs but one of the achievements hasn't unlocked so I haven't been able to unlock the achievement for getting all the audio logs, and in it's current state I'm not going through that game again.
If I remember correctly you need to ensure the door to the final area does not open so keep to the left when approaching door that gets opened.
Does any one know if I go solo, do I start at the beginning of Data Hive or can I start at a rally point?
Also Does anyone remember and I presume that the AI solder has to go down the hole with me as he as to open the final door. How can I make sure he follows me down?

Also is there a location guide on where to collect a 6 clues? I have 3 of them however need 3, 5 and 6. Not sure where they are, I think all on Mombasa streets?
Make sure you've selected the "Open City" option when selecting which New Mombasa level to play. Find every audio log, then play every level while still in the Open City.

I repeat, do not exit out of the Open City and play each mission from the main menu, that does not work!

Progress through each mission in Open City(you'll notice they are all available from the start, so it doesn't matter which order you play them) until Data Hive becomes available. Play this, and that dude you meet in the level won't die, and the final audio log will be accessible. A bit later, the dude will say something like "stay here, I have to check something," but follow him anyway, wait till he starts trying to kill you, kill him, then listen to the audio log, and the achievement should pop.

If you're doing this co-op, it would be preferable to do it in one run. The second player's progress wouldn't be saved if he quits the game at any time, since he is not the host.

I hope this helps!
Make sure you've selected the "Open City" option when selecting which New Mombasa level to play. Find every audio log, then play every level while still in the Open City.

I repeat, do not exit out of the Open City and play each mission from the main menu, that does not work!Progress through each mission in Open City(you'll notice they are all available from the start, so it doesn't matter which order you play them) until Data Hive becomes available. Play this, and that dude you meet in the level won't die, and the final audio log will be accessible. A bit later, the dude will say something like "stay here, I have to check something," but follow him anyway, wait till he starts trying to kill you, kill him, then listen to the audio log, and the achievement should pop.

If you're doing this co-op, it would be preferable to do it in one run. The second player's progress wouldn't be saved if he quits the game at any time, since he is not the host.

I hope this helps!
Awesome info. Ok so we have already found ALL 29 audio logs. So from here, either single or co-op, we need to restart the Mombasa Streets - Open City rally point 7 level from the beginning of that map?, all the way until Data Hive which is rally point 8 after Open City rally point 7 is the next presented Map level? Or start at the Recon Helmet rally point 1 level? And progress from there? We see 8 maps under Mombasa Streets. Open City is RP7 and Data Hive is RP8. Can we start at Open City RP7 and go from there?

Just getting the details of what we need to start since we've tried a few different things. The only other items we have NOT found is all the Clues. I have 3 of 6 and missing 2, 3 and 5th Clue. Does the Open City Mombasa levels have these clues.

Thanks for you help and info. What I was looking for. Any chance you open to Co-Op on ODST?

I repeat, do not exit out of the Open City and play each mission from the main menu, that does not work!Progress through each mission in Open City(you'll notice they are all available from the start, so it doesn't matter which order you play them) until Data Hive becomes available. Play this, and that dude you meet in the level won't die, and the final audio log will be accessible. A bit later, the dude will say something like "stay here, I have to check something," but follow him anyway, wait till he starts trying to kill you, kill him, then listen to the audio log, and the achievement should pop.

I hope this helps!
Awesome info. Ok so we have already found ALL 29 audio logs. So from here, either single or co-op, we need to restart the Mombasa Streets - Open City rally point 7 level from the beginning of that map?, all the way until Data Hive which is rally point 8 after Open City rally point 7 is the next presented Map level? Or start at the Recon Helmet rally point 1 level? And progress from there? We see 8 maps under Mombasa Streets. Open City is RP7 and Data Hive is RP8. Can we start at Open City RP7 and go from there?

Just getting the details of what we need to start since we've tried a few different things. The only other items we have NOT found is all the Clues. I have 3 of 6 and missing 2, 3 and 5th Clue. Does the Open City Mombasa levels have these clues.

Thanks for you help and info. What I was looking for. Any chance you open to Co-Op on ODST?
Use exclusively Open City, it's pretty much the entire city of new Mombasa without the restrictions the other rally points put up. For instance, the Recon Helmet RP only lets you travel the path through the city that gets you from your drop pod to the helmet, while the Open City RP lets you travel to all the "clues" I believe you're referring to, including the helmet.

This means that all of the clues are in Open City, and their locations are clearly marked on the city map you can access by pressing the button directly to the left of the Home button(I believe it is called the "menu" button....?).

Unfortunately, I don't believe finding the audio logs in a separate RP next to Open City counts toward the 30th log. If cars are honking their horns and blinking their headlights, or the Superintendent is repeating a line of dialogue infinitely, it means an audio log you have not found is nearby. These signs are proof that your previously collected audio logs don't register in the new save. You'll have to find them all again, together, in one run, if you both want the achievement.

You'll never need to use any other RP other than Open City, all the campaign's content is accessible from there. If you just load up Open City, collect all the audio logs and progress through the campaign like normal without ever quitting to the main menu on co-op, you will both get the achievement. It's a lot more forgiving on solo, since you can save and later resume your progress mid-mission.

I'm afraid I do not get on much on evenings due to my roommate automatically reserving that time for his battle to complete Dark Souls III, so I can say I'm not open for co-op at legitimate times. I'm sure you could make it on your own, though :)

I hope this helps!

Use exclusively Open City, it's pretty much the entire city of new Mombasa without the restrictions the other rally points put up. For instance, the Recon Helmet RP only lets you travel the path through the city that gets you from your drop pod to the helmet, while the Open City RP lets you travel to all the "clues" I believe you're referring to, including the helmet.

This means that all of the clues are in Open City, and their locations are clearly marked on the city map you can access by pressing the button directly to the left of the Home button(I believe it is called the "menu" button....?).

Unfortunately, I don't believe finding the audio logs in a separate RP next to Open City counts toward the 30th log. If cars are honking their horns and blinking their headlights, or the Superintendent is repeating a line of dialogue infinitely, it means an audio log you have not found is nearby. These signs are proof that your previously collected audio logs don't register in the new save. You'll have to find them all again, together, in one run, if you both want the achievement.

You'll never need to use any other RP other than Open City, all the campaign's content is accessible from there. If you just load up Open City, collect all the audio logs and progress through the campaign like normal without ever quitting to the main menu on co-op, you will both get the achievement. It's a lot more forgiving on solo, since you can save and later resume your progress mid-mission.

I'm afraid I do not get on much on evenings due to my roommate automatically reserving that time for his battle to complete Dark Souls III, so I can say I'm not open for co-op at legitimate times. I'm sure you could make it on your own, though :)
So from what I'm reading, seems like I need to start at open city and find ALL logs, again, then go for the 30th log? All in one run? Even though we've already found the 29 logs in a prior game, we need to start over again to get the 30th? All In Open City and the 30th on Data Hive hopefully with the AI solder leading us down to that door with out dying correct?

I hope this helps!

So from what I'm reading, seems like I need to start at open city and find ALL logs, again, then go for the 30th log? All in one run? Even though we've already found the 29 logs in a prior game, we need to start over again to get the 30th? All In Open City and the 30th on Data Hive hopefully with the AI solder leading us down to that door with out dying correct?
If you get the first 29 audio logs within this method, the soldier will not die, guaranteed. In fact, he will be invincible, much like how Dare is invincible later in the mission. You're really making it hard on yourself doing the whole thing co-op. My advice would be to do this method solo, so you can save and quit whenever you want, and, once you've listened to the final audio log and afterward completed the game, go back to Data Hive with your friend.

When you successfully get all the audio logs, the AI soldier will always survive in every Data Hive playthrough onward, so if you play with your friend with yourself as the host after you've already gotten the audio log, he will also be able to experience the change and will be able to get the final audio log. I hope this makes sense.
Ok, so if we get to the 29th log in Open City again after starting over to find all of them, Does the game take us to Data Hive automatically to start finding the 30th? Want to be sure if we get to the 29th log, what we need to do exactly so we don't mess it up. hehe.

We actually did collected all logs in one evening. I believe with in an hour or so on Co-Op so it wasn't that hard, I was just followed the YT video I was watching on where each log was. The videos are just not specific on what to exactly do after finding the 29th log.
I tried this on coop and had the same problem. All you have to do is stay on mombassa streets and complete the levels before data give so it opens up on the map and you can start that level. Quitting just basically deletes all the progress
Ok, I'll give that a go. Seems like we need to start over with getting the logs again on Open City, then progress thru to what I presume Data Hive should appear then begin that level to hopefully get the AI down the hold and to the 30th log.