MCC PC Splitscreen Discussion Thread

OP

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
I see the MCC section is closed and the mods neglected to move the splitscreen thread. I take it that's their way of making it go away?

news flash, the mcc on pc is still incomplete. you guys still haven't released everything. really losing faith in you guys. haven't booted up
the game in a while.

all you seem to be doing is multiplayer seasons and misc features. all the games are complete, why can we still not play them in splitscreen co-op?

why is splitscreen still in the backlog pending further discussions? surely these so called discussions have happened.

why is it taking so long??????

come on for flips sake, just either say it's happening or not. put the matter to rest. geeze. why you got to be so frustrating?

all the forum mods do is lock every splitscreen thread and direct people to the original thread that never gets an official response. stop ignoring it.

no more excuses!
Pretty sure they’ve already said they’re looking into PC split screen in MCC dev blogs...

MCC PC forum has closed to merge the Console & PC forums as they’re basically the same game now. No point having two forums on the same topic.

10 Seasons for MCC are planned. We’re almost at season 6. There’s still the better part of a year to release features to the game before Infinite releases.

You’re probably better off giving constructive feedback and criticism instead of saying that something you want isn’t in the game when these topics have already been addressed multiple times in the past and are being worked on.

Game development takes time and effort. Adding features is much more than the flick of a switch. There’s a bunch of things that are being worked on for MCC. Just have some patience.
Sorry guy, but the topic hasn't be addressed in any sort of meaningful way. Every thread gets ignored and locked with the same old comments "please see other thread" which just has the now ancient tweet by ske7ch saying future halo games would have splitscreen going forward. (but failed not mention if that applied to console releases only or both platforms).

No futher news was ever given. All we have to show for it is that single line in the developer blog that says it's "in the backlog pending further discussions."

Everyone including me gets game developement takes time and that it's not a flick of switch as you put it.

What you don't seem to understand is people are tired of reading blog after blog and seeing the same sentence again and again with no sign of any change.

Now that all the games are complete, this feature should be being worked on.
We can point people to this thread going forward if they want to discuss split screen, updated the title to reflect.

Quote:
I see the MCC section is closed and the mods neglected to move the splitscreen thread. I take it that's their way of making it go away?
Nope, just picking and choosing topics to move over wasn't something we focused on.
Quote:
Because it's not the only thing that the community is providing feedback on, Totally understandable that it's important to you and other community members, but other players have different ideas on what they would like the team to focus on. 343 need to analyze and prioritize all this and find ways of building and including where their time and resources allow them to. Sometimes that means big ticket items like this need to be pushed until other work is out of the way.

Yes all the games are released now, but the Custom games browser was the next big item that has taken focus and has been the drive for a few months now.
Maybe this feature will allow MCC to have more than 10 Season if it doesn't come out before Season 10. This would allow more features and content to come to MCC overall. Its probably better if they take their time to make sure everything works right and I believe ske7ch said it will come eventually, but not at launch. I really do hope for MCC to have more than 10 Seasons to make sure all of these great ideas that other people have get implemented for MCC.
This is something that I would want especially for something like Campaign. Having to do Lan on Campaign is quite a pain when wifi Connection isn't perfect, and it forces you to restart everything from the beginning if it messes up bad enough once, which is quite frustrating. However, with Split-Screen, this would be no longer a problem, seeing that everyone could use one PC without disconnection problems. Also, Lan can be quite a hassle to set up as well on multiple PCs.
stckrboy wrote:
We can point people to this thread going forward if they want to discuss split screen, updated the title to reflect.

Quote:
Nope, just picking and choosing topics to move over wasn't something we focused on.
Quote:
Because it's not the only thing that the community is providing feedback on, Totally understandable that it's important to you and other community members, but other players have different ideas on what they would like the team to focus on. 343 need to analyze and prioritize all this and find ways of building and including where their time and resources allow them to. Sometimes that means big ticket items like this need to be pushed until other work is out of the way.

Yes all the games are released now, but the Custom games browser was the next big item that has taken focus and has been the drive for a few months now.
Thanks for not locking the topic, I just hope at some point we get this feature as it's just not the same collection of games without couch co-op. I do hope we get it this year. I just wish it was confirmed / locked it with the other upcoming features.
Drahicr wrote:
stckrboy wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for not locking the topic, I just hope at some point we get this feature as it's just not the same collection of games without couch co-op. I do hope we get it this year. I just wish it was confirmed / locked it with the other upcoming features.
I feel like split screen will still be coming over to MCC, but much farther down the road as the CGB is something that they are currently working on. I really do hope that they take their time with this, as these feature will make MCC last for quit a while. I do hope to see 24/7 game mode like CTF for Halo 2 Classic and Halo 2 Anniversary for it.
They are also working on porting Halo Online maps on top of that. If i'm right I think Split screen is in the backlog for them right now, hopefully it does become a real thing as it can improve MCC over for PC. If it doesn't come before Season 10, they could always add more Seasons to MCC, they did say that they will see if they want to add more Seasons past Season 10.
Maybe this feature will allow MCC to have more than 10 Season if it doesn't come out before Season 10. This would allow more features and content to come to MCC overall. Its probably better if they take their time to make sure everything works right and I believe ske7ch said it will come eventually, but not at launch. I really do hope for MCC to have more than 10 Seasons to make sure all of these great ideas that other people have get implemented for MCC.
I agree with adding more Seasons after Season 10, it looks like people are asking for a lot of things now that the Season thing started with Halo Reach. I think adding more Season will help with all of these features and content to make its way to MCC. This will allow the players to have what they are asking for if possible and more development time to iron out the glitches and bugs. Hopefully they could fix the performance issues that H2A has on Xbox when it drops frames for some reason on certain levels.
One thing that would be amazing is if they add Split-screen with the Option to play Split-screen online with CGB.
If they did that, MCC probably would be my favorite game of all time!
But even just having Split-Screen alone would make me happy.
fired off a few pm's...again.

maybe one day someone official will actually respond. (i shall not hold my breath)

it's very sad that to get a response from deves or someone important these days you need to be following a whole load of people on social media. something i do not like and don't use.

i remember when devs answered forum pm's...back in the old days. now it's all your nobody, ignore...ignore...ignore.
Split Screen on PC needs to be added. I'm on Xbox but soon will switch to PC. I have friends that play Splitscreen with me. All I'd have to do is hook it up to a tv and there you go.
The most simple way is to add it on PC without Xbox account management for each player, the idea is just to play easily with our friends / family with P2 P3 P4 as guests.

Indeed, the clean way would be to connect 4 Xbox accounts at the same time on the same game, but it's not possible on PC.
Just add it the simpliest way possible and all local coop fans will be happy
Gulchshot wrote:
Split Screen on PC needs to be added. I'm on Xbox but soon will switch to PC. I have friends that play Splitscreen with me. All I'd have to do is hook it up to a tv and there you go.
This would be extremely handy. I might eventually switch to pc.
Gulchshot wrote:
This would be extremely handy. I might eventually switch to pc.
It's better honestly. I jus think it's better in a way idk lol
I honestly don’t think split screen can really in anyway work pc. I personally don’t
care and think it can be done but I am not opossed to it
I honestly don’t think split screen can really in anyway work pc. I personally don’t
It could work. Gears 4 had it. A couple of the Call of Duty games had it. There's no reason not to implement it, honestly.
ROMemory wrote:
It could work. Gears 4 had it. A couple of the Call of Duty games had it. There's no reason not to implement it, honestly.
Also, If I'm not mistaken, people have already modded the game to allow split-screen to be played on PC.
Now I know that mods are Different from Actual development, but It's not impossible for 343 to implement it.
Honestly, I Don't think that the Question is "can 343 Add Split-Screen to PC", It think that the real Question is "Will 343 add Split-screen to PC".
Also, Being a PC only Player of MCC (Because I never owned a Xbox one or Xbox Series Console), it's kind of a Shame not having Split-screen on PC.
ROMemory wrote:
Also, If I'm not mistaken, people have already modded the game to allow split-screen to be played on PC.
Now I know that mods are Different from Actual development, but It's not impossible for 343 to implement it.
Honestly, I Don't think that the Question is "can 343 Add Split-Screen to PC", It think that the real Question is "Will 343 add Split-screen to PC".
Also, Being a PC only Player of MCC (Because I never owned a Xbox one or Xbox Series Console), it's kind of a Shame not having Split-screen on PC.
You are correct, there is currently two methods of play the mcc in split-screen on pc. Both require a fair bit of fiddling and some setup to get working though.
Native split-screen would be more ideal but the mods is all we got right now.
By the end of this month it'll be around 10 months since they "re-added" it back to the backlog. Still dumb that they took it out and because people complained they put it back.

Yet still no news, maybe when they finally get the custom games browser added they might turn attention to split-screen. fingers crossed, touch wood, walk past black cat, find a penny etc.

travels to future....

hey, did you ever get split-screen in the mcc on pc?

what's a pc?

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
so any mention of pc split screen in the forums gets redirected to this dead thread. nice.
After Nucleuscoop and Xbox emulation, there is a third way to play splitscreen but here at 4 in coop!!!
Brilliant! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMf5FcE6BZc
If a guy alone can do it on an old original xbox, what's the problem to implement it officially on PC ?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8