Skip to main content
I know this might be a little bit early, but does anyone know if 343 is going to make a Series X port of the MCC?
Microsoft stated the Xbox Series X is compatible with all Xbox One games. Judging from that, it seems unlikely they're going to report MCC exclusively for next-gen.
Microsoft stated the Xbox Series X is compatible with all Xbox One games. Judging from that, it seems unlikely they're going to report MCC exclusively for next-gen.
I think he's referring to an Optimized version of MCC for Series X, similar to Gears 5, Ori and The Will of the Wisps, Forza Horizon 4, Sea of Thieves, among others. All these games will get an optimized version using extra power which the Series X has and will be free for existing owners via Smart Delivery.
We know the Xbox One version of MCC will work on Series X via Backwards Compatibility, but we don't know whether they will optimize it further giving us upgraded graphics, ray tracing and other things. I personally want an optimized version of MCC since MCC deserves this(much more than Halo 5) but I don't think we'll get it at launch of the console since 343i have their hands full with Halo Infinite, and judging by the demo they showed a few days back, they need a lot of work to do before Halo Infinite launches.
But I do believe we will get an optimized version eventually, probably not at launch. But let's see.
MrSid117 wrote:
I think he's referring to an Optimized version of MCC for Series X, similar to Gears 5, Ori and The Will of the Wisps, Forza Horizon 4, Sea of Thieves, among others. All these games will get an optimized version using extra power which the Series X has and will be free for existing owners via Smart Delivery.
We know the Xbox One version of MCC will work on Series X via Backwards Compatibility, but we don't know whether they will optimize it further giving us upgraded graphics, ray tracing and other things. I personally want an optimized version of MCC since MCC deserves this(much more than Halo 5) but I don't think we'll get it at launch of the console since 343i have their hands full with Halo Infinite, and judging by the demo they showed a few days back, they need a lot of work to do before Halo Infinite launches.
But I do believe we will get an optimized version eventually, probably not at launch. But let's see.
I agree with MrSidd. We will probably see it but it won't be anytime soon after series X launches.
MrSid117 wrote:
In that case, that seems plausible considering the support MCC is currently receiving. Don't know what possible upgrades it'd get asides from further optimization and possibly 120 fps support to utilize the full potential of the hardware.
Yeah now that you say that. It would seem kinda pointless for them to do that. Maybe in the future, who knows.
In my opinion in 2021 microsoft will release halo mcc on xbox series x without backwards compatible. I think they don't want to make halo mcc "an xbox one game" with the targ on the left. But two things are certain. The first is that it'll remain on gamepass. The second is that if a person bought it, it can play it on series x.
My wish is that we can see 3 different halo mcc editions. Blue on xbox one, yellow on pc and (red?) on series x.
Since it is a Halo game, I would say that it is pretty likely that the MCC will be optimized for Series X
Yeah now that you say that. It would seem kinda pointless for them to do that. Maybe in the future, who knows.
Original Xbox games that are backwards compatible on the One already have patches to improve their performance beyond what the original hardware could offer (Morrowind recieved an update like this). I am 99% certain that the MCC will receive a similar update down the line.
Original Xbox games that are backwards compatible on the One already have patches to improve their performance beyond what the original hardware could offer (Morrowind recieved an update like this). I am 99% certain that the MCC will receive a similar update down the line.
Unfortunately not all games. Couldnt play Fable TLC on the One.
There are hardly 30 OG Xbox games that are backwards compatible on the Xbox One(there are so few because of licensing issues, these games are extremely old). Although if Fable The Lost Chapters isn't, it's likely because Fable Anniversary(remake of Fable TLC released on the Xbox 360, similar to Halo CE Anniversary) is and if I am not mistaken, it is Xbox One X Enhanced as well.
It was given free with Gold some time back as well I think. If you didn't claim it, I guess it's available on Game Pass.
They need to fix the framerate of Halo:CE and Halo 2 campaigns on the Xb1x first. Please, if you have an xb1x go try to play either of those campaigns. Used to be 4k/60 now the FPS is 30-45 stuttery and variable as heck!

For some reason they've refused to fix it for 7 months now (since Reach when they broke it). Im trying desperately to get some more people aware of and talking about this so they can't continue to ignore us. Right now you cant play those games with updated graphics on a 1x and get an enjoyable experience. It really stinks.
MrSid117 wrote:
There are hardly 30 OG Xbox games that are backwards compatible on the Xbox One(there are so few because of licensing issues, these games are extremely old). Although if Fable The Lost Chapters isn't, it's likely because Fable Anniversary(remake of Fable TLC released on the Xbox 360, similar to Halo CE Anniversary) is and if I am not mistaken, it is Xbox One X Enhanced as well.
It was given free with Gold some time back as well I think. If you didn't claim it, I guess it's available on Game Pass.
Yeah I have both the anniversary and the original. Idk im guess im just old school. I like playing on old graphics.
cc42 wrote:
They need to fix the framerate of Halo:CE and Halo 2 campaigns on the Xb1x first. Please, if you have an xb1x go try to play either of those campaigns. Used to be 4k/60 now the FPS is 30-45 stuttery and variable as heck!

For some reason they've refused to fix it for 7 months now (since Reach when they broke it). Im trying desperately to get some more people aware of and talking about this so they can't continue to ignore us. Right now you cant play those games with updated graphics on a 1x and get an enjoyable experience. It really stinks.
Yeah I know. Ive been experiencing that too. I hope it gets noticed/ fixed by 343 soon.
In my opinion in 2021 microsoft will release halo mcc on xbox series x without backwards compatible. I think they don't want to make halo mcc "an xbox one game" with the targ on the left. But two things are certain. The first is that it'll remain on gamepass. The second is that if a person bought it, it can play it on series x.
My wish is that we can see 3 different halo mcc editions. Blue on xbox one, yellow on pc and (red?) on series x.
What do the colors mean? It sounds really cool
I know this might be a little bit early, but does anyone know if 343 is going to make a Series X port of the MCC?
I’m hoping MCC and Halo Wars 2 get the optimization treatment.
I’m hoping MCC and Halo Wars 2 get the optimization treatment.
Me too. The games are timeless really.
cc42 wrote:

Completely agree. It’s painful to play now. I have submitted countless tickets, I finally gave up. I look forward to revisiting it on the Series X. Hope they can add 120Hz campaign.
The most recent update for Halo MCC was improvements made in advance, for cross generation gameplay so yea it will most definitely be coming to Series X/S