Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

MCC Reach is not the Reach I wanted

OP Itzz Bearger

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So over the last day I've put about 6 ish hours into the re release of halo reach, and Im not entirely disappointed with it just certain things that ere done that I don't understand,
Let's start with customization , why would i customize my armor?< nobody else sees it its not how it used to be where you'd see everybody in the lobby together and if you saw a mythic you knew you were about to get destroyed. Yes you may see it in a multiplayer match during the game but you cant tell the difference from default armor to somebody that customized all the bits and bobs unless they have a glowing aura on or a death effect.

Secondly when you give me the option to pick what halo i want to play and i choose just Reach then why the hell do i have Halo CE, maps in that rotation of the maps that I've I've gotten almost every other session is boardwalk. its in the map rotation twice! really? you couldn't have spent more time on more OG maps.

Thirdly under the audio options there is no option to change any audio except the menu music this makes recording gamplay with others in voice chat extremely hard

Fourthly the spawns have somehow gotten worse im playing swat and i get killed 4 or so times from spawning into enemy fire or spawning next to enemys that look right at me.

There is not all negative though as i was very surprised that it actually launched and worked the day it came out, the dedicated servers things is nice.
all that I'm really saying is if these little things were fixed or implemented then it would be great. but those little things would set it apart from the other Halo games.
I feel like besides being able to mantle in halo the newer halos, every Halo in MCC feels the exact same they dont play as they should and i was expecting Reach to hopefully break this but it did not.

Any thoughts on the re release of Reach? let talk about it down below

(this was for the Xbox one version of Halo as its meant to be played)
audio is washed out and mcc has been in beta for 5 years
My only complaint is it’s not classic basic Reach. All the starts are DMRS and ARs. I don’t mind slayer DMRs here and there but I was seriously hoping for AR/Magnum starts being fairly standard across the board. I was getting very tired of BR starts in EVERY OTHER MCC TITLE
My only complaint is it’s not classic basic Reach. All the starts are DMRS and ARs. I don’t mind slayer DMRs here and there but I was seriously hoping for AR/Magnum starts being fairly standard across the board. I was getting very tired of BR starts in EVERY OTHER MCC TITLE
There are assault and magnum starts though. Got a lot of those matches last night.
So over the last day I've put about 6 ish hours into the re release of halo reach, and Im not entirely disappointed with it just certain things that ere done that I don't understand,
Let's start with customization , why would i customize my armor?< nobody else sees it its not how it used to be where you'd see everybody in the lobby together and if you saw a mythic you knew you were about to get destroyed. Yes you may see it in a multiplayer match during the game but you cant tell the difference from default armor to somebody that customized all the bits and bobs unless they have a glowing aura on or a death effect.

Secondly when you give me the option to pick what halo i want to play and i choose just Reach then why the hell do i have Halo CE, maps in that rotation of the maps that I've I've gotten almost every other session is boardwalk. its in the map rotation twice! really? you couldn't have spent more time on more OG maps.

Thirdly under the audio options there is no option to change any audio except the menu music this makes recording gamplay with others in voice chat extremely hard

Fourthly the spawns have somehow gotten worse im playing swat and i get killed 4 or so times from spawning into enemy fire or spawning next to enemys that look right at me.

There is not all negative though as i was very surprised that it actually launched and worked the day it came out, the dedicated servers things is nice.
all that I'm really saying is if these little things were fixed or implemented then it would be great. but those little things would set it apart from the other Halo games.
I feel like besides being able to mantle in halo the newer halos, every Halo in MCC feels the exact same they dont play as they should and i was expecting Reach to hopefully break this but it did not.

1) That's kind of expected that you wouldn't be able to see other people in the lobby. It doesn't even show gamertags until the game is about to start. You can still see your spartan in campaign and firefight though so I guess there's that.
2) The CE maps are Reach DLC from the Anniversary map pack
3) I agree the audio settings are weird and the sounds seem pretty washed out. At least in H3.
4) I heard that way spawning in Halo is tied to framerate. According to things I've heard it was even worse in the flight. I guess this is pretty much as good as we can get in 60fps.
Overall I'm having a good time but I'm certainly not enjoying it as much as I thought, probably has something to do with my skill declining. Was bloom always this bad or is it because I just came from H3? The battlepass sucks but hey, the game is still Reach, I'm still having a good time.
There are assault and magnum starts though. Got a lot of those matches last night.
Where though? I played 3 hours this morning and didn’t get a single game in any Reach mode that wasn’t a DMR start. Is there a specific setting or playlist I should look out for or am I just getting the RNG shaft?

1) That's kind of expected that you wouldn't be able to see other people in the lobby. It doesn't even show gamertags until the game is about to start. You can still see your spartan in campaign and firefight though so I guess there's that.
2) The CE maps are Reach DLC from the Anniversary map pack
3) I agree the audio settings are weird and the sounds seem pretty washed out. At least in H3.
4) I heard that way spawning in Halo is tied to framerate. According to things I've heard it was even worse in the flight. I guess this is pretty much as good as we can get in 60fps.
Overall I'm having a good time but I'm certainly not enjoying it as much as I thought, probably has something to do with my skill declining. Was bloom always this bad or is it because I just came from H3? The battlepass sucks but hey, the game is still Reach, I'm still having a good time.
I would be willing to bet it’s from coming straight from H3. Having never left Reach, I never had a problem with bloom at all. Even before the title update. There is definitely a major adjustment period
Where though? I played 3 hours this morning and didn’t get a single game in any Reach mode that wasn’t a DMR start. Is there a specific setting or playlist I should look out for or am I just getting the RNG shaft?
4v4 Slayer sometimes gives AR/Magnum starts. I've gotten quite a few of them.
If Reach didn't have customization, I'm sure there would be a ton of backlash. Also, the other games have customization so why wouldn't Reach?
DoubleSama wrote:
I played for about 4 hours and I only got two games with AR/Magnum. Probably just an RNG thing. I have a feeling DMR slayer is a priority though.
DoubleSama wrote:
I played for about 4 hours and I only got two games with AR/Magnum. Probably just an RNG thing. I have a feeling DMR slayer is a priority though.
That’s what it feels like for sure. Which I don’t understand. I don’t know anybody that likes DMR starts in Reach. It’s not like Slayer BRs back in the day. To this day on 360 Reach, anything with DMR starts gets vetoed 99% of the time.
This happened to me frequently when I was playing legacy Halo: Reach about a month ago. I would say it happens in every Halo game, if not many more games across the whole universe of competitive video games.

I expected people to get bent out of shape within the first 24 hours of launch, but please be patient. There will be fixes and your experience will improve.
DoubleSama wrote:
Marksman rifle starts have always been more popular in Halo not just Reach.
Until I saw OPs post, I frankly didn't realize how much this mattered. Along with the endless TU, the DMR is being pretty obsessed over right now. Hopefully they roll out vanilla playlists because I think I'm missing the classics AR/Magnum starts.
EU Tripper wrote:
audio is washed out and mcc has been in beta for 5 years
Nailed it.
DoubleSama wrote:
Marksman rifle starts have always been more popular in Halo not just Reach.
Oh I agree I just want to play the AR/Magnum slayer, with how much more powerful the DMR is right now.
Not going to lie, the spawns do feel off. Like it's a horrible punishment to die in this game.
Couldn't agree more. Every single slayer match, regardless is BR or DMR starts. It's -Yoinking!- stupid.
My only complaint is the silly Living Dead maps, just put the normal maps on that Playlist.
My only real complaint is the audio issues that, as others have already stated, have been around for a LONG time. I guess something with the way audio is implemented is stopping 343 from fixing the issue, so we might just have to live with it.

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with the Reach re-release and current state of the MCC in general (I honestly don't mind DMR starts, though I'm fine with AR/pistol as well).
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2