Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Hey everyone!
I dont know if anyone at 343I would see this, but I just wanted to talk about some things I would love to see come to the MCC.
Halo MCC is a fantastic game, and that's coming from someone who never got to play the originals(except for Combat Evolved)
However, there is some frustration with some things in the game that could help out, and some that would just be a welcome addition to the game.
1. A JIP system put in place.
Sometimes, it gets really frustrating when you're just trying to play Halo, and all of a sudden, all your team quits on you. Isnt that annoying?
Well, there is a solution. A join in progress system!
Other FPS games like cod have this feature, why dosen't Halo? Now, I haven't played Halo 5 ever since I got the MCC, but if my memory serves me right, 5 did have a JIP, but it was only in Social
Again, I could be wrong, but that's just going off of what I can remember.
2. Map Voting. Okay, I have been following thr MCC monthly update ever since I got the game in Christmas 2019, and I do remember in January 2020, they said Map Voting would not be returning.
Now, again, I didn't play MCC when it released, but to my knowledge, the reason they removed it was because the same maps would be played over and over again.
And to my knowledge, the problem was that every playlist was a cross game playlist.
But, 343 removed those, and made every game mode playlist single game playlists, no?
The problem was already solved. Now, there are less maps to choose from at a time, so every map has a chance to be played, and enjoyed.
Again, imma bring up COD, but they have Map Voting, and it actually works really well.
We have a say in what we play, but its not always guaranteed you're gonna get what you want.
So every map has a chance.
Another thing they could do is make it so that if the same map is played consistently, that map will not appear for a few matches.
Also, to say removing voting altogether fixes the issue of the same maps being played consistently, is factually incorrect.
I once got avalanche 3 TIMES IN A ROW.
And lemme say, I dislike avalanche.
And if people are unhappy with the results, they may be more tempted to quit.
So, if they just IMPROVE the voting, and still give every map a chance, it will be very good, because everyone has a say in what is played next, which is always nice.
3. Less strict bans. Okay, quit bans ARE important. Dont get me wrong.
But they should be eased up a bit.
JIP could fix this too. Still have a quit ban, and punish players for quitting, by giving them losses, but because you're not really leaving your team behind, you're not doing much wrong.
I feel like the quit ban should be 2-3 games In a row. Not all together. Now c'mon, we're all gamers. Let's admit it.
We've all rage quit before.
If JIP isn't going to be implemented, then keep the current system, maybe make it more strict.
But id JIP becomes a thing, then ease up on the banhammer, because people deserve a chance.
But still, give them a loss, even make them rank down as punishment.
That's the way COD does it (I hate to compare COD and halo so much, as they are nowhere near the same, but I dont play any other FPS games. I only play 3 games on xbox, COD, Halo, and Roblox.)
But banning isnt the way to go.
4. Firefight XP. This is a big one.
Players should be rewarded with XP in firefight.
Cod does this with zombies.
If you play in a custom game, you will earn XP, and Dark Aether Crystals, but once you change any settings, you earn nothing.
This is how Firefight should be.
Play on default Firefight Classic, you will be rewarded with leveling up, and other things.
Change anything, you earn nothing.
It really sucks when I have a really good match, where I'm playing for like 2 hours, surviving really high sets, just to not earn anything as far as XP in return.
5. Sprint for the older games.
This is gonna get me ALOT of hate, but I think there should be sprint in the older games.
HOWEVER, I know not everyone likes sprint, I like it, because it speeds up the game.
Sooo, maybe just make a sprint playlist for H3, or something like that? Very minor change, but it would be great, so matches get sped up.
6. Level numbers.
I think rather than seeing what "Military Rank" you are when leveling up, it should just say what level you are. I really hate having to go to the internet, and look up "what level is general in Halo".
7. Pre game lobbys.
Again, this comes with its flaws, I know, but this is kinda important for many reasons.
1. We get to see everyone's emblems, and stats, and other things. Give us a chance to familiarize ourselves with the people we're gonna play with.
2. It gives you an opportunity when looking for a game if something comes up to back out before the match starts.
3. It allows strategizing to happen. You can think of a strategy depending on the map and gamemode while in the lobby.
Again, I know people would just back out if they didn't get what they would want. Again, why JIP is good.
And finally, 8. Prefabs.
Need I say more?
Again, I've been playing MCC for a year now, and the game is still a fantastic game, and I want to end off by saying, congratulations to the team at 343 industries for taking the time to remaster 6 GAMES, and put it in one big game. Congrats on making such a fantastic, no, amazing, no, MASTERPIECE of a game.
But I have frustrations for the game, and I don't expect everything I'm asking to be implemented.
I dont expect everyone to agree with me. But I just think that these things, will make my halo experience better, and make others experience better too.
Heres to one more year of MCC updates, and for infinite to release great.
Thank you 343, you're the best!
Man, some of these ideas are nice. I'd be happy with them adding the halo online maps

Honestly point (2) alone, sounds like gold.
Big Zee 07 wrote:
Hey everyone!
I dont know if anyone at 343I would see this, but I just wanted to talk about some things I would love to see come to the MCC.
Halo MCC is a fantastic game, and that's coming from someone who never got to play the originals(except for Combat Evolved)
However, there is some frustration with some things in the game that could help out, and some that would just be a welcome addition to the game.
Sometimes, it gets really frustrating when you're just trying to play Halo, and all of a sudden, all your team quits on you. Isnt that annoying?
Other FPS games like cod have this feature, why dosen't Halo? Now, I haven't played Halo 5 ever since I got the MCC, but if my memory serves me right, 5 did have a JIP, but it was only in Social
2. Map Voting. Okay, I have been following thr MCC monthly update ever since I got the game in Christmas 2019, and I do remember in January 2020, they said Map Voting would not be returning.
Now, again, I didn't play MCC when it released, but to my knowledge, the reason they removed it was because the same maps would be played over and over again.
And to my knowledge, the problem was that every playlist was a cross game playlist.
But, 343 removed those, and made every game mode playlist single game playlists, no?
The problem was already solved. Now, there are less maps to choose from at a time, so every map has a chance to be played, and enjoyed.
Again, imma bring up COD, but they have Map Voting, and it actually works really well.
We have a say in what we play, but its not always guaranteed you're gonna get what you want.
Another thing they could do is make it so that if the same map is played consistently, that map will not appear for a few matches.
Also, to say removing voting altogether fixes the issue of the same maps being played consistently, is factually incorrect.
So, if they just IMPROVE the voting, and still give every map a chance, it will be very good, because everyone has a say in what is played next, which is always nice.
JIP could fix this too. Still have a quit ban, and punish players for quitting, by giving them losses, but because you're not really leaving your team behind, you're not doing much wrong.
I feel like the quit ban should be 2-3 games In a row. Not all together. Now c'mon, we're all gamers. Let's admit it.
If JIP isn't going to be implemented, then keep the current system, maybe make it more strict.
But id JIP becomes a thing, then ease up on the banhammer, because people deserve a chance.
That's the way COD does it (I hate to compare COD and halo so much, as they are nowhere near the same, but I dont play any other FPS games. I only play 3 games on xbox, COD, Halo, and Roblox.)
If you play in a custom game, you will earn XP, and Dark Aether Crystals, but once you change any settings, you earn nothing.
Play on default Firefight Classic, you will be rewarded with leveling up, and other things.
It really sucks when I have a really good match, where I'm playing for like 2 hours, surviving really high sets, just to not earn anything as far as XP in return.
This is gonna get me ALOT of hate, but I think there should be sprint in the older games.
HOWEVER, I know not everyone likes sprint, I like it, because it speeds up the game.
Sooo, maybe just make a sprint playlist for H3, or something like that? Very minor change, but it would be great, so matches get sped up.
6. Level numbers.
I think rather than seeing what "Military Rank" you are when leveling up, it should just say what level you are. I really hate having to go to the internet, and look up "what level is general in Halo".
7. Pre game lobbys.
Again, this comes with its flaws, I know, but this is kinda important for many reasons.
1. We get to see everyone's emblems, and stats, and other things. Give us a chance to familiarize ourselves with the people we're gonna play with.
2. It gives you an opportunity when looking for a game if something comes up to back out before the match starts.
3. It allows strategizing to happen. You can think of a strategy depending on the map and gamemode while in the lobby.
Again, I know people would just back out if they didn't get what they would want. Again, why JIP is good.
And finally, 8. Prefabs.
Need I say more?
Again, I've been playing MCC for a year now, and the game is still a fantastic game, and I want to end off by saying, congratulations to the team at 343 industries for taking the time to remaster 6 GAMES, and put it in one big game. Congrats on making such a fantastic, no, amazing, no, MASTERPIECE of a game.
But I have frustrations for the game, and I don't expect everything I'm asking to be implemented.
I dont expect everyone to agree with me. But I just think that these things, will make my halo experience better, and make others experience better too.
Point 1 would not solve anything since MCC is plagued by a low pop count, people don't rage quit. They leave because the teams end up unbalanced and it's a one sided match with no chance for a comeback.
Point 2 is debatable because MCC with map voting was nothing but Halo 3, even if the map and gamemode type were complete garbage. Plus no reason to have it since the social game maker was implemented.
Point 5 is just dumb, no reason to ruin the old games by changing something for no reason. It's like saying I want COD to implement pin-point hip fire accuracy because (insert arbitrary reason).
Point 7 has no purpose outside of customs and tournaments, social doesn't need it since it's meant for chill gameplay and ranked players probably won't appreciate having to wait longer for a match.
Big Zee 07 wrote:
Hey everyone!
6. Level numbers.
7. Pre game lobbys.
And finally, 8. Prefabs.
Need I say more?
Point 1 would not solve anything since MCC is plagued by a low pop count, people don't rage quit. They leave because the teams end up unbalanced and it's a one sided match with no chance for a comeback.
Point 2 is debatable because MCC with map voting was nothing but Halo 3, even if the map and gamemode type were complete garbage. Plus no reason to have it since the social game maker was implemented.
Point 5 is just dumb, no reason to ruin the old games by changing something for no reason. It's like saying I want COD to implement pin-point hip fire accuracy because (insert arbitrary reason).
Point 7 has no purpose outside of customs and tournaments, social doesn't need it since it's meant for chill gameplay and ranked players probably won't appreciate having to wait longer for a match.
1. I get that, but that's the thing.
People wont need to leave because of unbalanced teams because people will come and join mid match.
2. But aren't most, if not all playlist single game playlists now? Hence why there really wasnt a need to remove voting, since now it wont be H3 nonstop, since people can just go play the H4, and other playlists if they dont like it.
5. Yeah, I understand that. Hence why I said it should have it's own game mode. Maybe they should put it in as an LTM during a insider beta or something? I just kinda want to see what H3 would be like with sprint, idk.
7. Yeah, it has a purpose. People get a little more time before the game starts to look through, and get comfortable with their lobby. And for H4, they get more time to customize loadouts before match starts. Essentially, everyone gets more time to inspect and customize.
I hope that clears some stuff up.
Man, some of these ideas are nice. I'd be happy with them adding the halo online maps

Thanks man. Idk if 343 would see this, but if so, it would be cool if they could do these. Even if they dont, it's cool to see other people's opinions.
You can check what level your Military Rank is by looking at your player details in game. So I find that idea unnecessary.
I want Slayer Pro to be added back in to Halo Reach, and Anniversary Slayer to be removed from the precision playlist and put into it's own one.
Sprint in Halo 3? I'd rather they fix it first- it's been broken since the Dec. Patch.

Something tells me you aren't a halo vet, not that it matters. I would just hate to see 343i change these games to the point that they are mere shadows of the originals.

That all said- I would like a map vote or veto system back
The feedback I've been passing on to 343i:
  • Spoiler:
    Show
You can check what level your Military Rank is by looking at your player details in game. So I find that idea unnecessary.
Wait really? Oh then my apologies. Had no idea.
Sprint in Halo 3? I'd rather they fix it first- it's been broken since the Dec. Patch.

Something tells me you aren't a halo vet, not that it matters. I would just hate to see 343i change these games to the point that they are mere shadows of the originals.

That all said- I would like a map vote or veto system back
Right, I'm not a vet. The only one of the games I played on the MCC before it was CE. That's it.
True, they do need to focus on fixing H3. It is severely broken atm. I'm talking afterwards. Again, I knew that would be a problem, but I'm just curious as to what sprint would be like in H3. I think it should be an experimental mode, and if people like it, they can keep it permanent.
The hit registration is still broke on H3. Needs fixed.
They claim it's fixed, and while it is better, I'm still having alot of issues on it.
I want Slayer Pro to be added back in to Halo Reach, and Anniversary Slayer to be removed from the precision playlist and put into it's own one.
This.
Never played OG reach, but I've seen the playlists, and I hate how anniversary slayer is in precision slayer.
For those who are saying some of these change the game too much, I understand, hence why I'm saying to give them a whole separate game mode.
I would normally say "it's a remaster, dont like it play the originals", buuuut.......
eLantern wrote:
The feedback I've been passing onto 343i:
  • Spoiler:
    Show
Ah, I've seen you around the MCC feedback page.
You've always had great ideas lol
Big Zee 07 wrote:
This.
Never played OG reach, but I've seen the playlists, and I hate how anniversary slayer is in precision slayer.
The thing is that up until not too long ago it wasn't like this. Then all of a sudden it's mixed in there together. It's stupid. I've just been playing auto Reach since it happened.
Big Zee 07 wrote:
Wait really? Oh then my apologies. Had no idea.
No problem.
Big Zee 07 wrote:

Thanks man. Idk if 343 would see this, but if so, it would be cool if they could do these. Even if they dont, it's cool to see other people's opinions.
You're welcome, dude. Seriously though I know that the halo online armours have had a bit of backlash but people really need to see the maps, they are completely different to the whole armour situation.
No to JIP, JIP is horrible and I hope to never see it in MCC. As far as map voting/vetoing I am glad it's gone too. I get way better variety without it. Sure I may have to play a map I don't like from time to time but it's way better than playing the popular maps over and over and over... The bans need to be stricter if anything. The bans are kinda a joke that is why people quit so often now. You get xp in firefight if you play online. 1-50 ranking is how it should be for competitive ranks because that is how it was back in the day so it should be that way now. It should be against the law to even recommend sprint for the older games.... MCC is the place for classic Halo. The games need to play as close to original as possible.
  1. JIP barely worked on OG 4, which added it in the first place. Majority of the time, i would either be on the losing team or join near the end of the match.
  2. Map Voting, no. OG 3 had this and you could veto (with majority vote) one choice and either get a better one or a crappier one. Reach & 4 expanded upon this to have 3 choices. It just plays favoritism. And for OG Reach Firefight, you could choose "None Of The Above" up to 10 times before being forced to play something.
  3. Strict bans need to be for those who idle/pretend play or intentionally betray/get booted out. But the problem is, there's no way to tell if it's intentional or not.
  4. Firefight XP. And who's to say it won't try to get abused. "Let me kill the big enemies".
  5. No Sprint. The games are kept in their original code. Sprint didn't exist in CE, 2, or 3. Reach was the first to add it. If you want Sprint, play Reach and/or 4.
  6. This feature existed on OG Reach. You could see what rank everyone was. I don't know we can only see our rank post game. 343's probably worried that the noobs, or sucky Bronze Ranks would get hate from the pro's for being awful.
  7. Pre game lobbies are hard enough for Customs when you don't have friends. How would this work in matchmaking when no one has patience?
Here are MY suggestions.
  1. Private File Cap for Maps & Gametypes raised from 50. Still stupid why the cap is so low hindering Content Creators from expanding on how it hurts custom games.
  2. Theater for CE & OG 2. It wouldn't be that hard to add and it can allow playback and/or review of matches.
  3. Files show up in temporary files for CE & 2. Again, very easy thing to do.
  4. Skill matching in social. Matches are way too one sided because the winning team has the pro's while the other team has the noobs.
  5. More playlist variety in competitive games. Currently there are 7 choices with most being for hardcore.
  6. File Browser. Makes it way easier to find maps. OG 3 & Reach had this.
  7. Adding AI in custom maps. Just for fun or to make challenges.
  8. Being able to play as any enemy in customs or custom campaign missions. Maybe simulate what would happen if this fought that? Maybe try to find the player among the jackals.
But i know all these suggestions won't happen. Because 343's focus is on infinite.
Quote:
  1. JIP barely worked on OG 4, which added it in the first place. Majority of the time, i would either be on the losing team or join near the end of the match.
LethalQ wrote:
No to JIP, JIP is horrible and I hope to never see it in MCC.
No doubt Halo 4's JiP system was not good. Halo 5's is much, MUCH better, but there's still room for future improvement.

I think adding a very limited JiP to MCC’s social environment is warranted in order to backfill spots when you get super early game quitters and those who get or should get booted for being AFK, but it must be extremely reserved and clearly requires some additional tweaks to the game to make it more ideal. For instance, people who get JiP’d into a match should not be subject to an earned loss on their statistical record for that match; therefore, the match presents itself as a free opportunity to earn a win for being forced into an already started match.

Quote:
  • Map Voting, no. OG 3 had this and you could veto (with majority vote) one choice and either get a better one or a crappier one. Reach & 4 expanded upon this to have 3 choices. It just plays favoritism. And for OG Reach Firefight, you could choose "None Of The Above" up to 10 times before being forced to play something.
LethalQ wrote:
As far as map voting/vetoing I am glad it's gone too. I get way better variety without it. Sure I may have to play a map I don't like from time to time but it's way better than playing the popular maps over and over and over...
100% agree with Lethal. It's a much better experience as it is now.

Quote:
  • Firefight XP. And who's to say it won't try to get abused. "Let me kill the big enemies".
LethalQ wrote:
You get xp in firefight if you play online.
Lethal is correct. I'd also add that the XP payouts shouldn't be greater than the XP payouts for any of the PvP modes. They really should be incentivizing the population to invest most thier time into the PvP playlists to earn the greatest amount of XP; not a PvE mode in which match quality isn’t really dependent on drawing from a healthy population pool across a broad spectrum of skills.

Quote:
  • No Sprint. The games are kept in their original code. Sprint didn't exist in CE, 2, or 3. Reach was the first to add it. If you want Sprint, play Reach and/or 4.
LethalQ wrote:
It should be against the law to even recommend sprint for the older games.... MCC is the place for classic Halo.
While I wouldn't go as far as to indicate it's legally or even morally wrong to request a Sprint mechanic be added to these classic titles I do agree that it shouldn't receive consideration. It would alter too much of the core gameplay experience from these original titles which should be somewhat adhered to. And I say this as someone who’s a fan of the way the Sprint mechanic has been implemented into Halo 5 because escape-ability was properly reigned in, it grants me a greater sense of immersive authenticity, and I appreciate the added layer of risk/reward depth that it provides by gate-keeping the max movement delta, but in the end I also understand that Sprint’s inclusion or absence boils down to a subjective gameplay preference.

LethalQ wrote:
The games need to play as close to original as possible.
I don't agree with this and have to push back a bit. If you faithfully follow the fundamental logic of this opinion then you'd be clamoring for 30fps, no graphical improvements, nothing new be considered for addition, etc.

LethalQ wrote:
1-50 ranking is how it should be for competitive ranks because that is how it was back in the day so it should be that way now.
I've grown to dislike the classic ranking system which was a hybrid system in how it represented both playlist skill and experience. Its more simplistic design typically meant it required a fairly significant amount of playlist experience before it could converge the visual representation to a player’s general skill level. Me, I just prefer a system that’s capable of accurately indicating player skill without requiring an experience grind. Nevertheless, I do agree that it should be maintained as the visual representation of player skill in MCC purely for its nostalgic sanctity.

• This feature existed on OG Reach. You could see what rank everyone was. I don't know [why] we can only see our rank post game. 343's probably worried that the noobs, or sucky Bronze Ranks would get hate from the pro's for being awful.
I believe the bigger problem, which the developers are trying to avoid, is players checking out the competition, and those they're paired with, pre-match because if they don't like what they discover there's an increased chance they'd opt to bail as the match is being prepared to start. As for just observing the ranks of other players post-match I agree that they should allow this.

Here are MY suggestions.
  1. Private File Cap for Maps & Gametypes raised from 50.
Sounds good to me.

Quote:
  • Theater for CE & OG 2.
Again, sounds good to me, but I don’t believe its addition is as easy as you perceive it to be.
Quote:
  • Skill matching in social. Matches are way too one sided because the winning team has the pro's while the other team has the noobs.
It's already there. It's just that the skill assessor isn't very good in comparison to a modern skill assessor, the matchmaker uses parameters which are either static and kept incredibly broad or it has a defined preset adjustment which starts loose and becomes looser yet, plus the match composer allows for so many options that the player base naturally becomes very fractured; however, that fracturing is just a necessary consequence of a title that's a collection of several titles.

The solution is [1] to improve the skill assessor such that it provides much more accurate information regarding player skill and [2] implement computer learning into the matchmaker such that it automatically and efficiently adjusts the search parameters based on accurate predictions of the player pool per the time of day in order to keep search times down while also optimizing match balance in relation to what’s assumed to be available. This can be achieved by replacing TrueSkill v1 with TrueSkill v2 and adopting TrueMatch.
Quote:
  • More playlist variety in competitive games. Currently there are 7 choices with most being for hardcore.
Increasing the total number of choices likely isn't the answer as that just further dilutes the player base. Reducing the total number of available playlists at any time, but then rotating a segment of them amongst themselves and adding new content amongst the rotationals may be the appropriate approach. Meaning, allow the most popular few to be permanent, but rotate the others along with some new playlists. Wait... isn’t that pretty much what they do already?

Quote:
  • File Browser. Makes it way easier to find maps.
Yes please.

Quote:
  • Adding AI in custom maps.
Perhaps the mod community could achieve this. I doubt 343i will.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3