[Locked] MCC's Season 7 Flight Feedback

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
Welcome to the dedicated feedback thread for MCC's Season 7 Flight on PC and Xbox One.

Please do NOT report issues or bugs in this thread. Issues should be reported at the Halo Support Insider Site.

This thread is intended for the following feedback:
  • Customization options Feedback
  • New maps and features Feedback
  • Halo: Combat Evolved Visual Improvements
The purpose of this thread is to gather suggestions or general feedback related to MCC's Season 7 Flight on PC and Xbox One. When posting, please include as much detail as possible to include:
  • Area of Game: please specify which are of the game you're providing feedback for.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
For all technical issues, please make sure to head on over to Insider Halo Support site and find out if it is a Known Issue. If not, please submit a ticket.
The camera transitions in the customization are pretty slow and weird, especially when selecting helmets

The UI gamma preview image in the settings is really useless and weird, it doesn't really help much
Personally as a long term PC gamer who comes from the old genre of FPS shooters such as Quake, Unreal Tournament, Counter-Strike, Team Fortress. I would love so see the ability to adjust the size of the crosshairs in MCC. In my opinion some of the weapon crosshairs are dramatically too large and distracting for me such as the Assault Rifle, Rocket Launcher, Fuel Rod, Spartan Laser, Energy Sword, Shotgun (Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3). Also precision weapons such as the Battle Rifle, Magnum, and Sniper Rifle crosshairs are still slightly too large and leaves too much room for error when aiming at mid-long range distances.

What should be done imo, is add a crosshair scaling slider in the options. Very similar to the FOV slider concept except you can scale the crosshair from a range of 0%-125%. Some people may prefer slightly larger crosshairs and that's fine, so affording them that option should be taken into consideration too. Or as a entirely different option, there can be a quick few crosshair adjustment settings such as [Small (50%) - Default (100%) - Large (125%)].

If advanced options for crosshairs would be taken into account as well, then I would propose being able to adjust each crosshair size for every individual weapon. Another great feature would be to allow users to import custom crosshairs into the game via .PNG / .TGA, or afford 2 or 3 different crosshair design styles per weapon. As an example, CS:GO lets you entirely customize your crosshair from the ground up, whether it be [color / size / style / border / static-dynamic]. It does not need to strive to be THIS complex, however some limited choices would be better than none.

Full Checklist:
- Crosshair size slider [0%-125%]
- Crosshair adjustment sizes [Small (50%) - Default (100%) - Large (125%)]
- Importation of custom crosshairs via .PNG, JPG, .TGA, etc.
- Adjust crosshair size / style for each available individual weapon.
- Allow free and custom crosshair stylizing editor [color / size / style / border / static-dynamic].

Feel free to elaborate on what I may have missed. This seems like it could be a simple change that we could see in the next season update or 2 and would make huge differences at the same time.
The foot armor on the Combat legs is completely missing in the new visuals, easily fixed but odd that the mistake was made after all the issues surrounding a similar mistake with the spartan sets
https://imgur.com/a/VJlck79

Also realized seneschal is based off halo reach's general harness, and probably should have it's name switched with the harness being called general
Personally as a long term PC gamer who comes from the old genre of FPS shooters such as Quake, Unreal Tournament, Counter-Strike, Team Fortress. I would love so see the ability to adjust the size of the crosshairs in MCC. In my opinion some of the weapon crosshairs are dramatically too large and distracting for me such as the Assault Rifle, Rocket Launcher, Fuel Rod, Spartan Laser, Energy Sword, Shotgun (Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3). Also precision weapons such as the Battle Rifle, Magnum, and Sniper Rifle crosshairs are still slightly too large and leaves too much room for error when aiming at mid-long range distances.

What should be done imo, is add a crosshair scaling slider in the options. Very similar to the FOV slider concept except you can scale the crosshair from a range of 0%-125%. Some people may prefer slightly larger crosshairs and that's fine, so affording them that option should be taken into consideration too. Or as a entirely different option, there can be a quick few crosshair adjustment settings such as [Small (50%) - Default (100%) - Large (125%)].

If advanced options for crosshairs would be taken into account as well, then I would propose being able to adjust each crosshair size for every individual weapon. Another great feature would be to allow users to import custom crosshairs into the game via .PNG / .TGA, or afford 2 or 3 different crosshair design styles per weapon. As an example, CS:GO lets you entirely customize your crosshair from the ground up, whether it be [color / size / style / border / static-dynamic]. It does not need to strive to be THIS complex, however some limited choices would be better than none.
Full Checklist:- Crosshair size slider [0%-125%]- Crosshair adjustment sizes [Small (50%) - Default (100%) - Large (125%)]- Importation of custom crosshairs via .PNG, JPG, .TGA, etc.- Adjust crosshair size / style for each available individual weapon.- Allow free and custom crosshair stylizing editor [color / size / style / border / static-dynamic].Feel free to elaborate on what I may have missed. This seems like it could be a simple change that we could see in the next season update or 2 and would make huge differences at the same time.
Unlike some of the games mentioned, crosshair size and behavior is tied to the behavior of the weapons in question. Crosshair size is a combination of the aim assist/bullet magnetism thresholds and the weapon's bloom/spread/recoil behavior.

For games after Halo CE, the center part of the crosshair on precision weapons is empty space so the game can render a small red dot if your crosshair is over someone's head (wouldn't mind a faint HUD colored dot being added). Most of the precision weapons are not pinpoint accurate even when scoped.

In Reach, the grenade launcher crosshair has azimuth tracking IIRC (i.e. it's not a static crosshair), which can be used to zero in shots at long range. Crosshair color is also scripted based on what team you are aiming at and species you are playing as. Weapons like the Spartan Laser and Plasma launcher also show the charging state of the weapon.

That said, some of the crosshairs are more visually busy than need be, such a the covenant weapons. Maybe 343 could provide alternate crosshair options similar to how we choose weapon skins, but crosshair size and uncurated crosshair styles may cause issues.
The new settings for Halo CE Competitive are amazing, please bring them to the rest of Halo CE Matchmaking ( 2 vs 2, 4 vs 4, and 8 vs 8), as well as for custom games.
The new cosmetics are absolutely incredible and I'm highly looking forward to them. I especially love how the Seneschal armor borrows a bit from Reach. I'll definitely be using the Ossoona.

However, I noticed the Elites are sporting a new techsuit without offering players an opportunity to modify them. While this techsuit is incredible (it compliments the Flight suit really well), it loses the original feel of the classic suit. The hands, arms, and the legs were incredibly organic looking, while the new suit is more leathery and detailed.
This critique extends to the Gen1 Spartan Techsuit compared to the legacy Halo 3 look, but Gen1 featured a lot of elements from the Legacy Techsuit with higher definition, with the differences being more subtle. Additionally, the Legacy Spartan Techsuit is still preserved through the campaign that anyone can access. It wasn't completely lost.
The Legacy Elite techsuit, however, isn't as well preserved, being only accessible with a rare three player campaign.
I adore the new cosmetics and the new look, but I really hope we get to keep the classic organic option in the future. I'd prefer the muscular arms and thighs for how I decorate my Elite.
It'd also be a good opportunity to add the Arbiter techsuit down the line with its drastically different appearance from both the Legacy and updated techsuits, if that's something you're interested in.

And, while less important, Halo Wars features Elites with really nice butts, while the new techsuits are very flat. I, among many others, do appreciate defined booties in our elites and the consistency definitely wouldn't hurt.
Since the H4 Champions Bundle skins and armors were added, I would like to see the the Resistor Tactical Package (don't slow down while sprinting when being shot) and the Survivor Support Upgrade (ejects vehicle upon explosion) get added into H4.

Also, back bling for Elites in H3!

I would love to see the new Elites get put into Reach.
I just did The Pillar of Autumn. Keyes face was def improved on. Look forward to the other 4 levels

edit: booted up AOTCR. Jackal shields looked like the original, n when i shot em with plasma, they turned red! So far this has been the best update

edit 2: Cortana finally changes colors when shes in the control panel on AOTCR like the original.
The new settings for Halo CE Competitive are amazing, please bring them to the rest of Halo CE Matchmaking ( 2 vs 2, 4 vs 4, and 8 vs 8), as well as for custom games.
Precisely. This is the opinion of the entire H1 matchmaking community. Nobody would disagree with this change. Plz do this
Any chance along with the CE Graphic fixes if the original HUD (the ones with the white outlines around all the ammo counter and the Health and Shield HUD) can also be restored that both the OG Xbox and the legacy PC version have already but in the MCC as a toggle in game for with the current CE Anniversary HUD (pick and choose which one to enable)? I believe in the entire MCC, Halo CE's HUD was the only HUD that was changed in the Anniversary version released back in 2011, compared with Halo 2's HUD from the Campaign was kept OG.

Also one thing I have wanted from the CEA campaign for a long time is the ability to toggle the Graphics in the cutscenes like Halo 2 Anniversary has this without waiting to get to gameplay every time to toggle this.
The foot armor on the normal combat armor is missing it makes them look awkward. Another thing is that there should be a way players can swap between the new black undersuit and their regular skin. If you mix the original armors with the new additions they don't blend and looks awkward. There also needs to be an option where you can change the color of the lights on the elites armor for example having the option to change the lights on the ossoona armor to red, blue, green, etc. As well as changing the visor colors for the assault, flight, ascetic, and commando armor.
Karmellow wrote:
Precisely. This is the opinion of the entire H1 matchmaking community. Nobody would disagree with this change. Plz do this
Good seeing you bro it’s been a minute.
Love the elite armours that were added, they really fit in well and look great! Honestly I didn't know I wanted more Elite armours until they showed up in the flight! Thanks guys. I'm also super happy to see the Halo 4 DLC armour added back in! This has long been a request of mine. I hope they will be useable in all modes including Spartan Opps. The visual upgrades to Halo CE classic look great. The feel of the game is almost exactly like the original now even if there are a few slight visual differences here and there. Love what was done for Cortana and Chief's armour. I haven't gotten to the new Halo 3 map yet, but the MCC is turning out to be quite the phoenix. I mean what a comeback! Great work 343! The promise of having all the classic games available as we remember them is almost completed, and we have so many new bonuses. MCC will be the definitive way to play all of these games soon.

Only small requests on my end remaining: Fix the second skull in Cortana in halo 3 so it doesn't fall off the ledge and into a pit, Fix the wraith that flips over in the great journey in halo 2, and please make Vanilla Reach available as an option to play in matchmaking. I know 343 worked hard to make the TU Reach MP the best experience it can be, but I honestly prefer the multiplayer that Bungie had for Halo Reach. With the sunsetting of support for multiplayer on the original Halo Reach it will become very very difficult to play the Vanilla Halo Reach multiplayer. Please add it as an option in the match composer like we have for halo 2 classic and halo 2 anniversary. Thanks guys! You are doing a great job!
First, I am very grateful and happy for the new customization options for the elites and I think there is much more that can be done so here are my suggestions / prayers:
Games: Halo 3, Halo reach, Halo 2 anniversary
Suggestions:
-change the techno suit and light color of the armor for elites (Halo 3)
-option to change the armors of the elites piece by piece and new armors of elite for halo reach (if possible, also the possibility of changing the color of lights) (Halo reach)
-new armor for both spartan and elites (for elites that are halo 4 and 5), skins for weapons and vehicles (Halo 2 anniversary)
Additional info:
https://images.app.goo.gl/exYrHBx7TikmJC9e7
https://images.app.goo.gl/4kzcv8UnvEQRb2BT8
https://images.app.goo.gl/WDAJtDvxXQ11XJdW6
https://images.app.goo.gl/RFuthUQ5mpZBCb2aA
https://images.app.goo.gl/nqhmBKnV662RFgpv9
Its awesome to finally get new elite armour, but its all for H3 which is already oversaturated with spartan armours.
Please give H2/H2A some love and new armours/skins instead of keeping the focus on H3
Its awesome to finally get new elite armour, but its all for H3 which is already oversaturated with spartan armours.
Please give H2/H2A some love and new armours/skins instead of keeping the focus on H3
And new Remade maps of Halo 2 Classic Maps in H2A, this is really now the only Halo left lacking Extensive Customization.
Omega399 wrote:
The foot armor on the Combat legs is completely missing in the new visuals, easily fixed but odd that the mistake was made after all the issues surrounding a similar mistake with the spartan sets
https://imgur.com/a/VJlck79
The elite kinda looks barefoot, but at the same time not.
New elite armor could be polished up and made to blend into the halo 3 art style, such as the halo 3 online spartan armor too
Very pleased with what they've done in bringing CE campaign closer to Xbox version. Will there be any tweaks to how the Warthog no longer can turn so severely unless the camera is already around 180 anyway. The version now is drivable for sure but you can't produce quick and devastating turns like in the original and it's a vital method for dispatching enemy this way. Would love to see a fix on this
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6