1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6
Dragus3 wrote:
The halo insider program have a small update back on may 24 2021 it have problems I see one YouTubers he starts halo insider it just blue screen in 5 seconds. 343 or Microsoft need to fix halo insider before release season 7 in MCC.
The update on monday purged the flight contents as usual since the flight concluded then
I'm sorry I forgot to add this to my earlier comment about how awesome the flight was and how I only want a few more things from the mcc. I forgot about one huge request! The Grunt Birthday Party Skull in Halo 2 doesn't function as it did in the game originally. Originally it turned all headshots into plasma grenade explosions for both live and dead bodies. The bodies didn't disappear and you could literally keep a body in the air with explosions by continuously shooting it in the head. As it is now you only get a yay and confetti effect on grunts. I request an additional skull added to halo 2 in the mcc called "classic Grunt Birthday Party skull" which would have the effect of the original halo 2 skull. Thanks <3
could we get the option to toggle back to the Gearbox graphics on Halo CEA for archive purposes? I would love to toggle between Xbox to Gearbox to Anniversary.
could we get the option to toggle back to the Gearbox graphics on Halo CEA for archive purposes? I would love to toggle between Xbox to Gearbox to Anniversary.
If you'd like to have the current classic graphics, get yourself CEA or the gearbox port, depending on what platform you are on.
The new elite armors are cool, but I still think all this H:O stuff fits much better in H2A multiplayer. Too late now I guess.

The Halo:CE restoration is gorgeous, and even though you didn't have to do it, you did, and that's a massive plus in my book.

If I could ask for something in future flights, I wouldn't mind some of the controls ED had, like changing textures on forge objects or allowing ourselves and other playersto go out of bounds. Also please, please remove that limiter on how many custom games and maps we can have, when CGB finally comes out that will undoubtably limit players.

Aside from that, not much, maybe let users drag and drop maps into a directory so we can use custom maps, but I think this is already underway considering how many strides are being done to get Custom Edition maps working on CE. Maybe allow us to use modded maps if and ONLY IF we're going to host it ourselves, so as to not explode your servers or overemcumber them.

Anyway that's enough rambling from me.

TL;DR Good work, still want those H:O skins in H2A, piece by piece reach elite customization maybe?, would like more freedom in forge, and extremely looking forward to the custom games browser.
Gearbox port isn't going anywhere, and it isn't restricted to an Xbox configuration, just download it online, it's very well archived.
Its awesome to finally get new elite armour, but its all for H3 which is already oversaturated with spartan armours.
Please give H2/H2A some love and new armours/skins instead of keeping the focus on H3
And new Remade maps of Halo 2 Classic Maps in H2A, this is really now the only Halo left lacking Extensive Customization.
remastering maps is an intensive process, im not sure if we will be receiving more maps for halo 2a, unless they are community made maps. as for custom content, i fully agree that halo2 and 2a need more conten. i have heard that halo 2's coding is held together with string and tape so adding and modifying it can amount to a larger challenge than a small team can handle within a decent time frame
When will the flight be going live?
Diovangelo wrote:
If you mean the flight, that ended a while ago. If you mean the full release, most likely in a week or two.
Diovangelo wrote:
The flight lasted from 5/27 to 5/31
Ever since firefight has been added, I've been requesting a Social Games inspired match composer in each published feedback thread, so to see that being planned for Season 7 makes me beyond excited. I don't know if the feedback or concept I left had any bearing whatsoever, but regardless, I'm still super pumped. I'm impressed it's something you guys were able to get working. I'm not sure what the six different categories are (I'm assuming Heroic, Legendary, followed by Arcadefight variants?) I'm not huge on most of the Arcadefight variants outside of Fiesta, but I'm so excited for this new level of control. This leaves so much room for experimenting, there are many rotational gametypes that could potentially be great in firefight (shotty snipers, CE Anniversary, Heroic Fiesta, etc.), or alternative weapon starts for standard gametypes, such as Battle/Assault Rifle start opportunities for ODST. I definitely hope that ODST gains more vehicle gametype opportunities too, getting to experience them isn't as fun alone or without credit to the weekly Firefight challenges.

I know I shouldn't get ahead of myself since it's not even out yet, but I'd love it if Halo 4 Spartan Ops, Firefight Versus and Generator Firefight were added as matchmaking options in the future that the player could select. (And even better if those two gametypes were added to Halo 3: ODST, the latter with an Engineer instead of Generators, but I don't even know if either's remotely feasible).

In my scrappy concept, game difficulties are separate from gametypes. If matchmaking times are short enough, this would be a cool option to look into for further customization, I'd enjoy Legendary Arcadefight far more than normal Arcadefight. However that would solely be dependent on how long wait time is, since dividing matchmaking categories further could worsen game opportunities.

Regardless, thank you guys so much. The weekly Firefight challenges are going to be so much more fun with this addition.
Nefnoj wrote:
I know I shouldn't get ahead of myself since it's not even out yet, but I'd love it if Halo 4 Spartan Ops, Firefight Versus and Generator Firefight were added as matchmaking options in the future that the player could select. (And even better if those two gametypes were added to Halo 3: ODST, the latter with an Engineer instead of Generators, but I don't even know if either's remotely feasible).
YES! Not just Spartan Ops but all of the Campaign Missions as well (I mean for god sake there are over 60 missions for Campaign and 50 missions for Spartan Ops, there is a TON of opportunity for more matchmaking options beyond just PvP and Firefight! At this point there just kind of limiting themselves with just Firefight getting matchmaking). I would be playing Spartan Ops alot more actually if matchmaking were brought in because the mode was built with this originally and Spartan Ops was only designed for 4 player coop only (not 1-3 player coop). However they have to bring in Time and Scoring options as well for competitive reasons with your team in this mode. The Campaign already has this but the issue with matchmaking for the campaigns is that CEA and 2A currently only support 2 players, it needs to be upgraded for 4 players to fit within the match composer environment (and the missions have to be redesigned/rebalanced around it as well), with all the work done on CEA and upcoming with 2A as well with more bug fixing, this might mean we might finally be getting this, but we'll see. Remember Postums loved this idea so he might try to push for this.
Nefnoj wrote:
YES! Not just Spartan Ops but all of the Campaign Missions as well (I mean for god sake there are over 60 missions for Campaign and 50 missions for Spartan Ops, there is a TON of opportunity for more matchmaking options beyond just PvP and Firefight! At this point there just kind of limiting themselves with just Firefight getting matchmaking). I would be playing Spartan Ops alot more actually if matchmaking were brought in because the mode was built with this originally and Spartan Ops was only designed for 4 player coop only (not 1-3 player coop). However they have to bring in Time and Scoring options as well for competitive reasons with your team in this mode. The Campaign already has this but the issue with matchmaking for the campaigns is that CEA and 2A currently only support 2 players, it needs to be upgraded for 4 players to fit within the match composer environment (and the missions have to be redesigned/rebalanced around it as well), with all the work done on CEA and upcoming with 2A as well with more bug fixing, this might mean we might finally be getting this, but we'll see. Remember Postums loved this idea so he might try to push for this.
Oh totally, though this might be more appropriate for the more general feedback thread, I agree when it comes to the Spartan Ops improvements, especially since it was designed for matchmaking on a whole. I think Spartan Ops could really benefit from player and loadout trait modifications that Firefight and custom games offer too, to better fit the match composer's gametype functionality. I feel like Spartan Ops aren't very fun for the MCC community as it is I think, offering a way to have custom gametype opportunities in campaign levels could really help its popularity.

I'm not as certain about the Campaign matchmaking though, missions are longer and require a bit more attentiveness between players and I don't know how effective it'd be finding specific people for specific missions and difficulties, especially since campaign connections are iffy as it is. But I prefer more intimate game playing without random people so I'm in a minority, I know it's been requested before in other threads.
Nefnoj wrote:
Nefnoj wrote:
Oh totally, though this might be more appropriate for the more general feedback thread, I agree when it comes to the Spartan Ops improvements, especially since it was designed for matchmaking on a whole. I think Spartan Ops could really benefit from player and loadout trait modifications that Firefight and custom games offer too, to better fit the match composer's gametype functionality. I feel like Spartan Ops aren't very fun for the MCC community as it is I think, offering a way to have custom gametype opportunities in campaign levels could really help its popularity.

I'm not as certain about the Campaign matchmaking though, missions are longer and require a bit more attentiveness between players and I don't know
how effective it'd be finding specific people for specific missions and difficulties, especially since campaign connections are iffy as it is. But I prefer more intimate game playing without random people so I'm in a minority, I know it's been requested before in other threads.
Oh yeah, Spartan Ops right now in the MCC is VERY underdeveloped and missing its matchmaking feature it originally had back in Halo 4 on the Xbox 360. However now that I think about it, if Campaign Matchmaking were to be brought in, they could fit all six campaigns in the same list however Spartan Ops would have to go into its own list because that would require a 7th tile in the same line at the end with Halo 4, which would not fit there, they may have to throw it in its own section of the Match Composer like the Infection gametype, especially if 343 wants to introduce some new ways of playing Spartan Ops and Campaign.

Since its been requested for the campaign's networking to be upgraded onto dedicated servers, if this were to happen, they could also add in join in progress in all the campaign missions as well in case someone drops out, then a new player could join in partway through and yes I know the missions can be long. The issue with most of the campaigns as well with the networking is that when one person drops out, the mission ends in most of the campaigns I believe except for Halo 4, this would need to change of course and updated across all of the campaigns.
Nefnoj wrote:
Nefnoj wrote:

I'm not as certain about the Campaign matchmaking though, missions are longer and require a bit more attentiveness between players and I don't know
how effective it'd be finding specific people for specific missions and difficulties, especially since campaign connections are iffy as it is. But I prefer more intimate game playing without random people so I'm in a minority, I know it's been requested before in other threads.
Oh yeah, Spartan Ops right now in the MCC is VERY underdeveloped and missing its matchmaking feature it originally had back in Halo 4 on the Xbox 360. However now that I think about it, if Campaign Matchmaking were to be brought in, they could fit all six campaigns in the same list however Spartan Ops would have to go into its own list because that would require a 7th tile in the same line at the end with Halo 4, which would not fit there, they may have to throw it in its own section of the Match Composer like the Infection gametype, especially if 343 wants to introduce some new ways of playing Spartan Ops and Campaign.

Since its been requested for the campaign's networking to be upgraded onto dedicated servers, if this were to happen, they could also add in join in progress in all the campaign missions as well in case someone drops out, then a new player could join in partway through and yes I know the missions can be long. The issue with most of the campaigns as well with the networking is that when one person drops out, the mission ends in most of the campaigns I believe except for Halo 4, this would need to change of course and updated across all of the campaigns.
Well, since legacy reach had campaign matchmaking it should totally be reintroduced to MCC on all titles, as well as H4s spartan ops matchmaking. Maybe having Spartan ops matchmaking as option in the firefight menu and campaign matchmaking as new option in campaign menu to keep them separated. Also the netcode across all titles definitely needs some updates for an improved coop experience and eventually crossplay coop, if it should ever come to MCC (which would be great)
Firefight vs.
in Halo reach, custom firefight you had the ability to play as elites or Spartans. That should be a playlist I believe, firefight versus. What do you guys think?
BVC91996 wrote:
Firefight vs.
in Halo reach, custom firefight you had the ability to play as elites or Spartans. That should be a playlist I believe, firefight versus. What do you guys think?
Or an option for FF in general, both would be good
It was a good flight!
With Armor Effects being added to Halo 4, please give us an option to disable completely them like skins. Not looking forward to hearing children cheering all the time, like in Reach.
When will this content be available?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6