Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Season 4 Feedback (Xbox)

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 34
  4. 35
  5. ...
  6. 36
A cool option to add since some weapons have multiple skins is to have a ‘random’ option so each match it’s a different skin. Also adding a ‘favorite’ option so when a user selects ‘random’ it’s just of their favorite skins. Plus this could be an option for Halo Infinite too (maybe even the armor coatings too) ;)
Elocmi wrote:
A cool option to add since some weapons have multiple skins is to have a ‘random’ option so each match it’s a different skin. Also adding a ‘favorite’ option so when a user selects ‘random’ it’s just of their favorite skins. Plus this could be an option for Halo Infinite too (maybe even the armor coatings too) ;)
Personally I don't think adding a "Random skin" option will add value.
Most of the players (I met) will just pick their favorite anyway and most skins aren't used that much.
THEY SHOULD ADD MAPS, ARMORS, CHARACTERS, WEAPONS, VEHICLES, AND CUSTOMAZATION BASED ON AND INSPIRED FROM HALO UNIVERSE/LORE BOOKS, COMICS, AND SPIN-OFF GAMES. SO THAT THERE COULD BE MORE OPTIONS FOR MULTIPLAYER MODES AND FIREFIGHT MODES.
Please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks
Also please turn off your caps lock
Elocmi wrote:
That's an interesting idea! I'd like some more variety in the way I choose my skins too and I have an idea for that below. It's a little different from your idea, but I believe the end goal is still roughly the same.

Multiplayer Feedback / MCC Halo Game: All Titles
Feedback: Allow players to change skins during games AND/OR let players see the map they're playing before they load in & thus change skins pre-match

As someone who really enjoys all of the different skins that have been added to MCC, especially with some of them being similar in design to the environments/aesthetics of different maps, oftentimes, I like to try and use different skins to match the map I'm playing on.
For example:
  1. If I'm on Halo 3's Snowbound, Avalanche, or Halo 4's Longbow, I'd like to run the tech camo skins on my BR and the snow-covered versions of the vehicles
  2. If I'm on Halo 3's Valhalla or Halo 4's Exile, for example, I'd like to use the Jungle and Woodland camo skins on my weapons
  3. If I'm on Halo 3's Sandtrap or Sandbox, I'd like to run the desert skins on my weapons
  4. There are many more examples than these^, these are just a few that came to mind...
Unfortunately, due to the fact that players can't currently see the map they're playing until they start loading into a match, it's very hard to do this with any consistency. My best chance is to guess with any of the skins and hope that the skin I chose matches the map I'm loading into. To alleviate this, I'm suggesting that players be allowed to see the map they're about to play before loading in andthat there be more time between finding a game and beginning to load in, to allow players to adjust cosmetics, loadouts, etc. depending on the map. In the past players could see the maps they were playing on before the match began to load in. Were that feature brought back, players like myself who enjoy using a variety of weapon skins would be better able to take advantage of all of the options now present in MCC.

Another option would be to allow players to change cosmetics mid-game. Of course, this does bring up the potential problem of players sitting in the menu for portions of a match by spending too much time customizing. Of course, none of us wants another reason for players to go afk, so I'm not sure if that's necessarily the best solution for this.

I'll be discussing some similar suggestions I have for map veto/map voting and other pre-game changes for MCC in a separate post, but for now I wanted to mention this for cosmetics as more skins are frequently being added to MCC and it's my opinion that the changes I mentioned above could allow players to better enjoy them across MCC.
Psyqii wrote:
Request: New Avatars! :D

I would love a chance to unlock new Avatars for my Profile in the future, if possible. :)
Yes for sure. I have been advocating this for a while and would love some new ones, especially Reach themed. We need Noble Team individually, and as a group, colonel Holland, Skirmishers, BOB, the Sabre, and the Falcon. Possibly even the Reach variants of all the existing vehicles/enemies, that would be nice. I'd also like to see Dare's ODST squad together as one, helmets on and helmets off. If I think of more I'll update this post.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Actually, moderators of Halo Waypoint are not 343 employees and no this isnt “literally 1984” nor is it Orwellian style opression. You’ll live.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 34
  4. 35
  5. ...
  6. 36