Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

MCC Season 5 Feedback (Xbox One)

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
Welcome to the dedicated feedback thread for MCC's Season 5 on Xbox One.
  • Campaign Feedback
  • Multiplayer Feedback
  • Firefight Feedback
  • Misc/Other Feedback
The purpose of this thread is to gather suggestions or general feedback related to MCC's Season 5 on Xbox One. When posting, please include as much detail as possible to include:
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
For all technical issues, please make sure to head on over to Halo Support site and find out if it is a known issue. If not, please submit a ticket
Please add the Halo Online maps to MCC multiplayer! Don't let these assets go to waste!
This would be something for Season 6 but 343 should go back and update all the launch nameplates. They are out of place now that 5 seasons of unique nameplates are out. You could update them in ways like actual models, not outlines, and even awesome pictures to replace the "profile" shot.

For example, the LASO nameplates could be the Master Chief helmets on a pedestal with a skull for each game you unlock the nameplate for, so the Bronze nameplate would be replaced with Halo 2, Platinum with all 4 helmets.

Looking at the warthogs, maybe the Platinum is replaced with a Tower to Tower picture.

Just something other than bland outlines behind boring colors.
I appreciate some of the additions this season, but I'd really like to see next season take a stronger focus on the gameplay/performance. The most pertinent issues, to me, being HCE/H2C hit-registration/spawns, and being able to use FOV sliders AND 120hz on series X|S.

If the issue with the FOV+120hz on the series consoles is related to frame drops on campaign levels - like maybe the frames dip on 120FOV when the dawn comes in on "The Ark" - I'd voice the thought that maybe FOV is a feature more sought by the multiplayer/competitive-oriented community. I speak for myself there, though. Higher FOVs can provide a huge advantage on maps like construct, guardian, etc; and I find it difficult to believe that my Dad's Dell XPS can handle unlimited FPS + FOV on H3, but my Xbox Series X can't. The current situation, to me, is not satisfactory.

It seems spawns throughout most of the games have been either broken or slightly skewed since launch, but I know that CE and H2 are by far the worst offenders. Start up a game of Sanctuary slayer, and watch you or one of your teammates spawn by the other teams' carbine. It's been busted. I'm sure it's been said before, but maybe looking at how Project Cartographer handled these issues + the hit registration, using the H2 vista port as well, could help you guys.

I'm glad MCC is still getting attention and care, but I'd really like to see these more practical issues get some priority in the future.
I’ve just tried 5 times on Pillar Of Autumn to unlock the seasonal challenge to assassinate an elite from height that would normally kill you and it won’t unlock. Did it 5 times?
The "because you begged challenge doesn't track that you killed the elite from a fatal fall i have video proof that I did it even on legendary to make the fall is fatal. I have performed the assassination at least 10 times and still have not received the challenge alert.
  • New MCC control options for the controller on the Xbox & PC. Perhaps this could be best resolved by allowing for full mechanic remapping in-game. This one is still a big deal to me. To highlight some particular changes that I feel are critical: (1) Allow for a new magnification zoom level toggle that's separate from the basic zoom mechanic. (2) Give the basic zoom mechanic a settings option of being either hold-to-zoom or toggle. (3) Provide a universal setup option that most closely mimics the default setup in Halo 5 across all titles. In general, the rigid control options is easily one of the biggest personal reasons that I don't spend all that much time playing the MCC verse other FPS options. The Xbox Accessories App can only do so much to alleviate my frustrations with finding a control style that provides a sense of comfort nowadays.

I say this as someone who had no issues with using the default control settings, or some available variant, during each title's primary life-cycle and for years afterwards too. But, that's just not the case for me anymore. Nowadays I spread out my gaming time playing a pretty wide variety of FPS titles. In the past, my primary time with an FPS title was focused almost entirely with these classic Halo titles. I also think increasing the accessibility of the controls as well as more closely matching the general standard offering that's seen throughout the industry would be beneficial to any potential newcomer who may be accustomed to the more typical FPS controls of the modern era. Some steps were taken in this direction in the past, but there's a lot more work that should be done here.
  • Replace TrueSkill v1 (TS1) with TrueSkill v2 (TS2); plus, adopt machine learning for more optimal matchmaking (aka TrueMatch). How implementing these features hasn’t been a priority goal for the team is baffling. I'm sure Josh Menke can tell you exactly how it'd be a massive benefit instead of me typing out all the reasonings. In any case, this is not to advocate for the visual Ranking system to be converted away from the 1-50 system or the adjustment formulas behind it. Instead, it’s to ensure that the matchmaker & team picker use the most accurate understandings of player skill to formulate balanced teams. To give those two systems more capability and flexibility between accounting for party size and input-device options. And to allow the matchmaker to constantly adjust its parameters to ideal settings based on the predicted population (per the time of day and region) in order to help speed up the matchmaking process while maintaining optimum match quality. I understand that TrueMatch may undermine the regional datacenter selection work that was implemented, but that work could still prove beneficial for the custom browser so it wasn’t a complete waste of resource time bringing it to the MCC.
  • Under bringing PC features to Console: Please adapt the modernization of the crouch mechanic to the Xbox platform which essentially allows the mechanic to function while actively moving at any speed. It's really just such a wonderful QoL improvement to the gameplay that’s already implemented into the game on the PC platform to improve the experience for Key Board & Mouse players. Allow for the legacy crouch setting to still be a possible option for custom matches for the purists out there.
  • Please consider implementing a limited Join-in-Progress (JiP) feature into the social (Match Composer) environment to help mitigate some matches from quickly devolving into a waste of time due to an early quitter, an accidental disconnect, and AFK players who ought to be auto-booted. This is not to advocate for an unlimited JiP system, but instead one that gets promptly turned off after a brief period of time. Matches still must start with an even number of players. No banking on the JiP system to fill out matches that willingly started with uneven rosters like the Halo 4 JiP system did. Halo 5 has done a pretty good job of balancing its JiP system within its social environment so consider looking to it for some inspiration, but make it better. This may also require some tweaking to the punishment system, but again I think looking to Halo 5's method could prove beneficial. Lastly, anyone being JiP’d into an active match should not be at risk of earning a loss on their personal record.
  • Perhaps, an odd request: Consider adding the vehicular "switch seats" mechanic into all these legacy games. It shouldn't effect the vast majority of environmental modes, so some of the purists (from an Arena perspective) shouldn’t be all that annoyed, but I think it'd be a great QoL addition to these games -- I can't understate how wonderful having it implemented would be. I also realize this might be a pretty massive undertaking (therefore unlikely to occur any time soon) because it'd require new animations to be created for these legacy titles. Again, allow for this to be turned-off within custom matches for the hardcore purists out there.
  • Yet, another possible odd request: Given my previous mention, I also wouldn’t mind seeing assassinations added to all of the franchise's titles. Again, I’m aware that this request isn't likely to be realized any time soon or perhaps at all. But, it’s just something I’ve come to truly appreciate from the franchise’s evolution that I wish could be experienced throughout its history of titles, so I politely ask for it nonetheless along with the personal option to not use them, just like in Halo 5, by turning their use off in a player's personal settings. Of course, Reach & Halo 4 already include assassinations, so most leg-work is primarily directed at CE, H2, H3, & perhaps H3:ODST.
  • Consider me one of those people who'd love to see cross-play implemented for Campaign & Spartan Ops as well as 4-player co-op being introduced to CE & H2. I know cross-play for Campaign & Spartan Ops is being investigated and I hope it proves possible for future implementation. I also understand that introducing 4-player co-op to CE & H2 would be a massive undertaking and may require the PC modding scene to basically play the critical role in delivering it for the PC platform, but if it's achieved I sure hope it will be ported over to the consoles too. That goes for pretty much any and all mods.
  • Please allow us to perform in-game team switching within custom matches and in Forge mode.
  • Consider combining the strongest Ranked environment playlists into a single match “Quickplay” composer for people to select multiple options of what they may be interested in playing. Then include two “featured” playlist slots that receive extra XP payouts. Rotate the less popular Ranked environment playlists in these two featured slots. Rotate them bi-monthly
  • Lastly, I just wanted to add that for the ranked environment I think restricting any modes within playlists for Reach, H4, & H2A such that they use a single loadout option [only] instead of potentially allowing for a few selectable loadout options would prove beneficial to the competitive spirit of the environment by upholding to the "even starts" mantra of the franchise. Selectable pre-established loadout options, even if just a few supposedly balanced ones, seems a much more appropriate fit for the social environment verses the ranked one.
Why are FOV sliders still not available in the Xbox One X version of the game? FOV sliders were a part of a preview a while back and since then have not been implemented despite working perfectly fine. FOV sliders are an accessibility feature, so please add these into the Xbox One X version of the game ASAP!
Bugs and issues:
  • The first person arms/leg models do not change when set to anything other than the default mark vi. In addition, the implementation of the new undersuits has caused multiple mesh errors in the classic spartan armor sets that did not exist prior, which is especially clear with using shoulder pads such as CQB. Because the toggle option seems to only change any new h3 armor to mark vi, the problem in the spartan meshes remains.
  • Disabling the new armors and skins should also bring back the original spartan models as they existed in 2007, to bring it on parity with the 360 build. This would be a surefire way to satisfy the many of us who still want a classic experience.
Tweaks and Adjustments:

• The big issue with the halo online armor is that they stylisticly do not fit with halo 3. A way to greatly remedy this problem would be a retexture effort to simplify the level of detail. Doing this would definitely help make the armor fit into the stylistic world of halo 3 (I recall someone doing their own retexture job of them but I sadly can't find it). Was a little dissapointed that halo online's elite armors didn't appear, but I'm still hopeful that those appear later down the line :)
  • Seeing as all of the things the toggle option does for skins and armor sets, I think it should be renamed to be something more like a "legacy mode" as most people consider it as such.
  • Having weapon and vehicle skins for the covenant (especially the brutes) would be nice to have.
Overall:
  • It's a good start, and I think later down the line if you made use of using more custom-tailored content for each game could breathe new life into these games. Halo reach's new content was very well done, and I hope in the future we get to see even more content of that quality. All I would ask is to simply be mindful of the art style each game has :)
here's a link to the pictures https://imgur.com/a/YSkrbg6

EDIT: I had a look at the customisation for the original halo 3 and I discovered why the problem with shoulders occour: because the new undersuit is actually a full on model replacement (from halo online, I presume) where the arms are thinner, it doesn't match the mesh of the bicep arm pieces properly. The only thing I could suggest is modify the undersuit proportions so it fills in the space properly and perhaps make the bicep arm texture. Also upon inspection, the Knife on the halo reach chestplate seems to be unfinished, as it is on the ground in-game.
Sangheili Armor Customization Template for future of MCC in Halo Reach.

-- Helmet --
-- Chest --
-- Legs --
-- Left Shoulder --
-- Right Shoulder --
-- Left & Right Wrists --

That's what you should do ^ 343i
The “Because You Begged” Challenge for the Mister Chief helmet does not work. I tried it multiple times on different difficulties, and even restarted my XboxOneS and the game, and still no unlock.

Also PLEASE bring back the challenge for the level 25 Battle Rifle Skin in Halo 4, I grinded so hard for it and still wasn’t able to get it, highest I got was level 20.
I did the challenge to get the mister chief helmet on legendary and was not granted my helmet
I have proof if you are skeptical
Postums wrote:
Welcome to the dedicated feedback thread for MCC's Season 5 on Xbox One.
  • Campaign Feedback
  • Multiplayer Feedback
  • Firefight Feedback
  • Misc/Other Feedback
The purpose of this thread is to gather suggestions or general feedback related to MCC's Season 5 on Xbox One. When posting, please include as much detail as possible to include:
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
For all technical issues, please make sure to head on over to Halo Support site and find out if it is a known issue. If not, please submit a ticket
Halo 2/H2A sound is much lower than it should be. I didnt turn my volume down whatsoever and reset my headset just to be sure but I think its a game issue. The Halo 2 audio is the only audio thus far affected that I know of.
This would be something for Season 6 but 343 should go back and update all the launch nameplates. They are out of place now that 5 seasons of unique nameplates are out. You could update them in ways like actual models, not outlines, and even awesome pictures to replace the "profile" shot.

For example, the LASO nameplates could be the Master Chief helmets on a pedestal with a skull for each game you unlock the nameplate for, so the Bronze nameplate would be replaced with Halo 2, Platinum with all 4 helmets.

Looking at the warthogs, maybe the Platinum is replaced with a Tower to Tower picture.

Just something other than bland outlines behind boring colors.
100% yes. The original nameplates could definitely do with being brought in line with the current and recent bunch.
What’s with the halo 3 terminals being all zoomed in? Not the words the actual back round. It’s weird.
stebeer85 wrote:
I’ve just tried 5 times on Pillar Of Autumn to unlock the seasonal challenge to assassinate an elite from height that would normally kill you and it won’t unlock. Did it 5 times?
AHX Sully wrote:
The "because you begged challenge doesn't track that you killed the elite from a fatal fall ...
The “Because You Begged” Challenge for the Mister Chief helmet does not work...
I did the challenge to get the mister chief helmet on legendary and was not granted my helmet
I have proof if you are skeptical
Hey folks, this challenge isn't bugged. Much like the 360 achievement, it can take a number of tries to actually get it. If you're doing it on PoA, stop sprinting as soon as you jump off the cliff. Failing that, try some YouTube guides and follow they steps they show. It's 100% possible to get this, as I've been following loads of players today as it unlocked for them - meaning it's not bugged. Need to just keep trying
Can we please get some new Elite Armors? Maybe some Honor Guard or Counselor Armor. Some of us feel the Elite stuff is being ignored. Please let this happen. I mean the biggest thread on waypoint is about playable Elites lol...
Ok this is really bad. Pillar of Autumn is so buggy it's ridiculous. I've assassinated the elite over 100 times, and my character won't even take fall damage from the height of the cliff, so there's definitely something wrong here. I have video evidence to support this too.
343 Industries, please consider devising some method of implementing singleplayer offline bots into each of the games in the Master Chief Collection to allow for singleplayer offline multiplayer. Thank you.
Ok this is really bad. Pillar of Autumn is so buggy it's ridiculous. I've assassinated the elite over 100 times, and my character won't even take fall damage from the height of the cliff, so there's definitely something wrong here. I have video evidence to support this too.
Same, I’ve done it probably 50 times now, I’m done. I still haven’t gotten it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12