MCC Season 8 Feedback

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
Welcome to the dedicated feedback thread for MCC's Season 8.
  • Campaign Feedback
  • Multiplayer Feedback
  • Firefight Feedback
  • Misc/Other Feedback
The purpose of this thread is to gather suggestions or general feedback related to MCC's Season 8. When posting, please include as much detail as possible to include:
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
For all technical issues, please make sure to head on over to Halo Support site and find out if it is a known issue. If not, please submit a ticket
Season 8 is now LIVE!

To read up on all the content with this update, please checkout the launch blog, Unleash Your Inner Warrior: MCC Season 8, Mythic.

Cheers,
Postums
General Improvements
Control Improvements
  • Vehicles Controller sensitivity should have a slider (otherwise, Steam controller can’t function in vehicles)
  • The Duke control scheme for CE is inaccurate to the original Xbox control scheme, and should be implemented across all titles.
  • Grant Jumper Jumper to Mouse and Keyboard
  • Allow players optionally to use left stick/WASD input for turret input
  • Add Infinite’s Assist Steering Option
General Cosmetic Improvements
Weapon Skin Improvements
  • Have Weapons maintain previous weapon skin if dropped by another player (akin to Halo 4)
  • Let the warthog driver affect the vehicle’s skin while the warthog gunner affects the turret's skin only
  • Differentiate skins between the standard Hornet and the Transport Hornet
  • Focus development on objective items (flags, bombs, skulls), games, and weapons without skins (please no more Halo 3 Battle Rifle skins)
  • Allow weapon skin application in Forge settings (akin to how Reach allows players to change object color)
Matchmaking Improvements
  • Add multiple game sizes in matchmaking
  • Allow anyone to change team mid-game when a game is unbalanced
  • Remove Lobby Maximum in matchmaking, but randomize team assignments whenever Lobby exceeds team size
  • Alternatively, only exceed Lobby Maximum if it makes a full game
  • Allow players to join games or lobbies mid-match
  • Add Invasion to social matchmaking
  • Update the “Leave Multiplayer Game” description to include exceptions
  • Create Match Composer for Ranked
Enhancing Season Points for New Players
Skull Improvements
  • Add skull collectables to any game lacking them (ODST, Reach, 4, classic CE)
  • Cross over each game's Skull when possible
  • When in a campaign multiplayer lobby, non-leader players should be able to customize their own scoring options, skin cosmetics, and skulls that only affect said player but not the environment (IE: I wouldn't be able to turn on famine, but I'd be able to turn on Recession, my score would neither increase nor decrease)
  • Add each skull as multiplayer options when possible
  • Change the Bonded Pair and Envy skull multipliers to .5, so they don’t nullify challenges nor achievements, while increasing Malfunction and Ghost skull multipliers to 1.05.
  • Specify in the menu when skulls affect both allies and foes (IE: Catch applies to all NPCs, but doesn’t specify it in the description)
Firefight
  • Increase to 6 players
  • Spartan Ops added to matchmaking
  • Alter Firefight Fodder to be based on score minimum instead of kill minimum
  • Add further vehicle customization options across both games
  • Escalation Firefight gametype, where player weapons change per-wave,
Game Specific
  • Halo CE Anniversary:
  • Restore lost scanning functionality
  • Halo 2:
  • Restore official support for Zombies
  • Add cosmetic differences to Anniversary Gold Sentinel Beam as it's identical to the standard Sentinel Beam
  • Anniversary team color behavior should mimic classic team colors
  • Anniversary Fuel Rod model should use the Halo 3 design (using high res assets from the Unreal menu)
  • Halo 3:
  • Add all Halo Online armor pieces and original maps
  • Add props from the final level as Forge items in addition to Halo 3: ODST’s Gauss Turret
  • Add gametype options to customize individual grenade or equipment start independent of map
  • Add ODST firefight maps as multiplayer maps with enhanced Forge options
  • Add Security Antenna as back option
  • Fix Season 7 Elite cosmetics: Implement tertiary colors, use the legacy head model which supports animations, and add techsuit options to restore the lost Halo 3 legacy techsuit and Halo Online techsuit.
  • Halo 3: ODST:
  • Allow players to customize ODST soldier by Gear, Chest, Helmet, Right Shoulder, Character, Visor Color, and Weapon Skin inherited from Halo 3,
  • Add support for Firefight Versus and Generator Defense (with Engineers rather than generators)
  • Halo Reach:
  • Add Diamondback
  • Add Lone Wolf as a Firefight Map
  • Add the space combat arena from Long Night of Solace as a Forge template for players
  • Add customizable Generator traits in game options: Swap generators for Wolf Spider turrets, or allow Generators to modify player or generator traits in a certain area when locked.
  • Halo 4:
  • Port playable elites from Halo 2: Anniversary using Halo 4 campaign cosmetics,
  • Add Techsuit color customization
  • Add player trait support and game options to Spartan Ops
  • Add Spartan Ops cutscenes as episode missions akin to campaign cutscenes
  • Add Spartan Ops playlists
Allow players to manually install or uninstall the following: (in preparation for Halo Infinite’s large filesize):
  • Halo: CE
  • Campaign
  • Anniversary Campaign
  • Multiplayer
  • Halo: CE Anniversary Terminals
  • Halo: CE New Cosmetics
  • Halo 2
  • Campaign
  • Anniversary Campaign
  • Anniversary Campaign Cutscenes
  • Halo 2 Anniversary Terminals
  • Multiplayer
  • Anniversary Multiplayer
  • Halo 3
  • Halo 3 Campaign
  • Halo 3 Multiplayer
  • Halo 3: ODST Campaign & Firefight
  • Halo 3 New Cosmetics
  • Halo: Reach
  • Campaign
  • Multiplayer
  • Firefight
  • Halo 4
  • Campaign
  • Multiplayer
  • Spartan Ops
  • Campaign/Spartan Ops Cutscenes
  • Halo 4 Terminals
Being able to use the custom skins in campaign now makes me very happy. Thank you.
MULTIPLAYER ISSUE FOR REACH COSMETICS:

Akis, Mariner, and Exo are being affected by the legacy toggle, however the sets are Legacy sets developed under Bungie/343 supervision in 2011 when they were slated for a 2012 release putting them well within the games original development lifecycle. they should not be included as 343 "New" content when they are in fact restored "Legacy" content.

Proof Sourced from Defiant Map Pack Promotional Material in 2011

part of the reason this is important, is with regards to the possibility of adding unused conceptual designs or armor pieces in the future that were themselves designed during the games original legacy lifecycle, such as the ARK ODST chest and shoulders that go with Halo 3's Legacy ODST helmet (Itself a slightly modified version of the same chest and shoulders), the Hornet Pilot Helmet, or any of the many concept art pieces from across the titles.

Halo 3 ODST Firefight:

since this is not yet out, I did wanna expand on some of the ideas I had for waves/squads and restored enemies (such as Stealth Elites, Brute Trackers, and Spec Ops Grunts) that could be added before the Firefight update is ready to go
  • Stealth Elites: Squads consisting of Stealth Elite Majors and Stealth Elite Minors equipped with the standard Elite weapons, including swords
  • Elite Spec Ops: squads utilizing Spec Ops Grunts lead by Spec Ops Elites
  • Brute Killsquad: squads utilizing Spec Ops Grunts lead by Brute Trackers equipped with Beam Rifles
Season 8 Armor:

I've been transparent in my dislike for these sets (probably irksome to many too I'd imagine) since I don't feel like they fit Halo, even though I do agree they are of a High Quality. in my personal opinion, I think there should be a fractures toggle dedicated to the Season 8 armors, as well as for any future non-canon cosmetics that are similar moving forward.
some of us legacy folks liked the Halo: Online content for both it's ability to tie the post-war era of Halo 3 to the beginning of Halo 4, as well as it's preservation of content that would have otherwise become lost media. Even if it always seems like there's universal disdain from players (since most of that is directed towards season 6's neon nightmare sets, as well as about 2 or 3 sets from Season 5), it sucks that we're forced to have to use non-Halo content if we still want to use the new canon sets.
All that said, the removal of the tearful bishop helmet, while sets that were more disliked among the community such as the skulls or carved faces, or sets that were more contentious due to real world events such as carrion crow remain, was nothing short of tone deaf.

Granularity Options for Halo 4 and Reach:

I'm not a fan since it's retroactively adding a non-feature to an old game that serves to only be intrusive and make the menu's more obtuse, on top of that it's not really adding true representation when you account for just how gendered the original body types were, especially those in 4.
alterations to this feature are something that should only have been considered and applied for games moving forward, since in that context they can either build the models to work within the standards needed to apply real representation, or remove the feature entirely and return to the less objectifying Halo 3 (classic lore) design, where body types are irrelevant, and the armor is just an asexual design for any human. (most of this already being done in Infinite)
Awesome content, but not having a South Africa server will always suck. We've got Azure here and everything.

So my suggestion, spin up a Halo MCC (and Infinite) server on Azure in Johannesburg, please. Will take you guys 15 minutes and will dramatically increase our experience and your games popularity here. The nearest halo server is 11000km away...
Where is Tearful Bishop? The one helmet I was excited to use.

I have seen multiple around the internet asking this as well.

WE WANT THE BISHOP! :O
Where is Tearful Bishop? The one helmet I was excited to use.

I have seen multiple around the internet asking this as well.

The same applies for the one feature I was looking forward to most...
More than the new map, more than the firefight options, more than even the infinite span of modding.
Those captions, man. Those beautiful customizable captions. I'm a little surprised we didn't see a post about them in the development updates the way we did with the Flood and Elites being cut, because they were huge. Colors, size, transparency, covered nearly all dialogue, they were incredible. My dad's incredibly hard of hearing and we bond through Halo, so if it's not in a cutscene, he has no idea what's going on and I have to transcribe it to him.
Nefnoj wrote:
The same applies for the one feature I was looking forward to most...
More than the new map, more than the firefight options, more than even the infinite span of modding.
Those captions, man. Those beautiful customizable captions. I'm a little surprised we didn't see a post about them in the development feedback the way we did with the Flood and Elites, because they were huge. Colors, size, transparency, covered nearly all dialogue, they were incredible. My dad's incredibly hard of hearing and we bond through Halo, so if it's not in a cutscene, he has no idea what's going on and I have to transcribe it to him.
Aw, I understand, yeah that would have been a wonderful feature to have!
I feel sorry they didn’t add that stuff for you guys. Man, hopefully someday they will because MCC is such an example of game preservation it should have every feature possible at th end of the day! I wonder what else is missing?
No tearful bishop helmet is bullcrap.. It was in the flight advertised on halo waypoint when season 8 was announced with the list of armors. I literally saved up for weeks to make sure I had enough points to get it where ever it would be on the unlocks and it’s not even here. I know it sounds petty but since I was mostly excited for that helmet I probably won’t be playing any mcc now just going to wait until infinite. Really was looking forward to rocking that helmet in reach and 3 and especially reach campaign. Way to advertise something and completely disappoint and not deliver just wow…
Postums wrote:
  • Campaign Feedback
  • Multiplayer Feedback
  • Firefight Feedback
  • Misc/Other Feedback
The purpose of this thread is to gather suggestions or general feedback related to MCC's Season 8. When posting, please include as much detail as possible to include:
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
For all technical issues, please make sure to head on over to Halo Support site and find out if it is a known issue. If not, please submit a ticket
FEEDBACK: Can you guys add the Linux EAC support that Epic Games made available?
When the Steam Deck releases, I want to be able to play the game I own without cloud tech; the game runs fine without EAC but players such as myself can't play multiplayer (or participate in seasonal updates and Steam betas/insider builds) until you flip the switch for it that Epic recently said was basically the case.

EDIT: With that said, this also means acknowledging that us Linux players exist by making DXDIAG reports optional for MCC Insiders and optionally requiring hardinfo reports ( https://github.com/lpereira/hardinfo ) for us instead if it's actually necessary, because it's reliably available for every Linux distro, and with the info regarding the relevant Proton version.
Knight 972 wrote:
Postums wrote:
  • Campaign Feedback
  • Multiplayer Feedback
  • Firefight Feedback
  • Misc/Other Feedback
Can you guys add the Linux EAC support that Epic Games made available?
When the Steam Deck releases, I want to be able to play the game I own without cloud tech; the game runs fine without EAC but players such as myself can't play multiplayer (or participate in seasonal updates and Steam betas/insider builds) until you flip the switch for it that Epic recently said was basically the case.
And as an added thing on top of that, it allows you to work out any kinks with it well before the Steam Deck comes out, so you aren't trying to cover your fourth point of contact at the last minute when people are complaining they can't play multiplayer. And the audience will help you iron that out pretty quick, too. Linux users are very supportive when you add support, IE, the amounts of support of proton.
After the update trying to play Halo 3 multiplayer crashes my game then gives me a temp ban.
Edit: Anything Halo 3 related crashes the game.
What's up with having to unlock the same helmet twice once for reach and again for halo 3. Why just why it seems a bit redundant. I don't mind grinding but when I have to grind for the same thing no. Hell I'd be fine if you made it worth 2 points but the way you have is just dumb.
My friend and I have both have several crashes where the Xbox just turns off/restarts itself while finding a game in the Custom Game Browser.
From the patch notes:
Quote:
Players who have received a server ban will now receive an error letting them know they are banned when trying unsuccessfully to host a Custom Game Browser session.
Does this mean, if im banned due to a previous disconnect or quitting a matchmade game, im unable to join or create a custom game for the CGB?
If so, this makes the whole quit-ban-system in this game even worse.
And it is already the most indifferent and user-unfriendly banning system in history of video games, as it doesnt differentiate between game crashes, connection issues and actual quits.
The only Issue I’m currently having is that in the flight you could fight the Flood in ODST Firefight. Now that season 8 arrives I let the game update and I went straight to ODST Firefight, look around in the wave properties and there’s ZERO sign of the Flood. Did I miss something saying it’s delayed or did they just abandon what I thought was a super awesome idea?
The only Issue I’m currently having is that in the flight you could fight the Flood in ODST Firefight. Now that season 8 arrives I let the game update and I went straight to ODST Firefight, look around in the wave properties and there’s ZERO sign of the Flood. Did I miss something saying it’s delayed or did they just abandon what I thought was a super awesome idea?
They were delayed, not thrown out! The Flood and Elites would barely work, they really struggled with pathing and would even be stuck in areas without a way to fight back (especially Flood carriers). Elites even had attacks that couldn't apply damage to the players. The only map they were functional on was Security Zone.
hey i was just wondering what happened to the bishop helmet and also on the blackguard legs the metal colors dont seem to match up with the rest of the armor
1- return of the skins BLAST and Avalanche for weapons (Halo 4 and Halo 3)
2- More armors for elites (all games: halo 2, halo 2A, halo 3 and halo reach)
3- customization piece for piece of elite amors (Halo reach)
4- weapons skins in rest of games (halo reach, halo 2, halo 2A, halo 4)
5- skins Covenant for the rest wapons in halo 3 (beam rifle, carbine, brute plasma rifle, etc.)
6- poses for elite ( halo 3, halo 2A, halo 2 and halo reach)
7- poses for spartan and odst (halo reach, halo 2A, halo 2, halo odst and halo 4)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11