1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
WHERE IS TEARFUL BISHOP THAT WAS MY FAVORITE HELMET FROM THE FLIGHT 343!!!

WE WANT BISHOP
WE WANT BISHOP
WE WANT BISHOP
So now when the game crashes and I get banned from multiplayer, I also get banned from custom games???

At least before this issue was somewhat bearable because I could just go play a custom game while waiting out the ban.

Now this just makes a horrible system even worse. Why would something like this even be implemented?

Who even thought this was a good idea???

Edit : Just to be clear:... This was a horrible idea. Please switch it back. Or better yet... Fix/redo the entire ban system.
Hello, I am making this post here because there has been a recent post to r/halo in regards to how the recent patch has affected speedruns that has made the rounds, however this post is a bit misleading and I wanted to post the issues from the mouth of a runner who has been around since the early days of MCC and really knows his stuff. The following post was made by the user Cryphon on Reddit:

"Hello, I'd like to point out an issue with the recent patch that affects a very niche portion of the community, speedrunners. To some extent it affects everyone who plays Halo 2 as well, but whether or not this will be acknowledged as a problem is in 343's hands. I made a quick video here but it's probably not the best at conveying all the information it needs to.

The most recent fix for fall damage in classic Halo 2 multiplayer doesn't just affect falling. It affects any high speed collision in the game. Vehicle driving, slide jumps, explosions, quite literally anything involving a player moving at any sort of high speed. In short, a player will lose speed in any of these collisions. Which, is great for stopping fall damage, but it breaks the game in other ways that is further from the experience that classic Halo 2 was.

For most circumstances and gameplay these things are minor and would be overlooked. However, in the Halo 2 speedrun, you can imagine that you're moving at very high speeds very often. Because of this, runners can no longer perform the fundamental tricks effectively in this attempted hybrid between the Classic and MCC. Like I said, this doesn't affect a large portion of the playerbase, but a lot of people enjoy watching the speedruns and I definitely know more than a few people here have heard of Rocats and are subscribed to him.

For some context, Halo 2 is split between two major categories of Classic and MCC because of just how different the two are with the different tick rates. As of right now, an overwhelming majority of halo 2 speedrunners prefer to run the game on MCC due to major quality of life improvements and the accessibility it brings. With this patch, the MCC version feels like a hybrid between the two versions of all the worst parts. Since 343 was kind enough to patch back in sword tricks to Campaign, I think a lot of us are holding out hope that they'll revert this change and find an alternative. We could always downpatch the game but who knows how long that will work or be available.

If it weren't for the context of the recent patch and some more of the officially recognized known bugs like super bouncing being different from the original, I probably wouldn't be making this post and just live with reality. But I am because it seems like they're trying to make MCC feel more like the original version. A simple fix for pretty much any physics related issue players have encountered across the years is solved by changing the tick rate from 60Hz to 30Hz. People have done this with simple mods for years. There have also been patches in the past like slowing down the carbine and other guns (a 60Hz issue) to emulate the classic feel more. With this workaround fix for fall damage, and now the known issue of superbouncing, it seems like pretty much everything can be fixed with a 30Hz tick rate. I know it's not that simple and there has to be some reason they've kept it at 60Hz over the years, but I'm hoping they'd consider that route investing time in that type of "all in one" fix instead these workarounds that have unintended issues in other areas.

Here's a TL;DR list of problems:
  • Physics changes affect all high speed collisions and are not limited to players falling. Driving vehicles are affected as well.
  • Simple movement like slide jumps from moderate height no longer work as you lose all speed when you touch the ground.
  • Butterflying, a high speed "collision" based speed trick, for all intents and purposes no longer works and costs runners minutes in the speedrun.
  • Sword tricks are used pretty much everywhere in the run to travel at high speed and now that speed is lost when touching anything in most scenarios. Could be the ground, a wall, an enemy, you name it.
  • This one change effects the game enough that world records for many levels and even the full game speedrun are now impossible to beat. Not just "very hard", physically impossible.
  • There are alternative ways to fix the fall damage problem, and many more physics related problems, by changing the game's tick rate from running at 60Hz to running at 30Hz to match the original hardware (this is indepedent of frame rate in MCC).
  • Downpatching is difficult (not the same as any other game on steam) and not possible at all on console which limits accessibility to the speedrun and prevents some people from ever being able to get a competitive time."

Link to his post for hyperlinks: https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/q7fqbf/comment/hgk7j93/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Clarnakk wrote:
WHERE IS TEARFUL BISHOP THAT WAS MY FAVORITE HELMET FROM THE FLIGHT 343!!!WE WANT BISHOP
WE WANT BISHOP
WE WANT BISHOP
Yes, this is “blowing up” on Reddit and here.

I am pleased that so many people wanted that helmet! MY friend and I sure were - saved my season points for this helmet!
Please can MCC be updated to use the HDR information stored on the Xbox console for a TV's HDR output range?
I'm fortunate enough to have 2 Xboxes (Series X and Series S) with 2 HDR TVs, one OLED and one QLED. The HDR range is different. When you change TV, because the HDR settings aren't being correctly determined from the console, they're a user setting in the video options menu, the HDR range is incorrect.

The settings that the user has configured on a local console by the HDR Calibration Tool should be used to set the HDR range on Xbox.
  • MCC HALO GAME: All Halo Campaigns Plus Spartan Ops over Coop
  • FEEDBACK: Just going to keep posting this in every Feedback thread for every season as I have in the previous feedback season threads (I am sure 343 is aware of us wanting this by now but going to do it anyways), still wanting to see updates to and for:
  1. Campaign/Spartan Ops Coop
  2. Campaign Coop Netcode (moved to Dedicated Servers)
  3. Campaign Matchmaking for Campaign AND Spartan Ops in the match composer menu
  4. Score and Time systems added to Spartan Ops like in Campaign
  5. Upgrading CEA and 2A's Campaigns to support 3-4 player coop so it works with the Match Composer tiles in the menu and the Campaigns are rebalanced with 4 player in mind.
  6. Join in Progress for Campaign/Spartan Ops Missions like in a Custom Game Browser screen.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Incredibly disappointed to see absolutely no advancements in ranked playlists... No cross play ranked playlists to filter in doubles and hardcore for example rather than making multiple hardcore or doubles playlists... sometimes for the same game (halo 3). Just bring back voting for those crossplay playlists. How is there still no ranked FFA!???? Been waiting since the release of MCC for ranked FFA and the 1 month it was in MCC as lone wolves, I had the most fun on MCC since release at this point even though the 1-50 ranks somehow didn’t work properly despite 1-50 ranks having been around since 2004. Every game should have its own arena ranked playlist (maybe slayer more weighted but every classic fan favorite gametype of course) and that’s it. The only thing I looked forward to was Icebox and some of the updates to H2 on this update. Cosmetics don’t make the game better gameplay wise and the most important thing for a competitive player like me and the reason I got addicted to the franchise to begin with back in halo 2 and halo 3 is still absolutely completely lack luster... This had made halo rather really boring for me in past months along with thousands of others. Please fix the overall ranked experience.
Very disappointed in the CE custom game browser.

I was hoping to increase the quality of matches, not the quantity.

The best way to do this a a traditional lobby where we can voice chat until ready. We can square away any game mode preferences and balance teams through human communication.

Once the game ends, we can go back into the lobby to talk about running it back or choosing a different game type or map.

All the automation and optimizing for time-in-game just gets in the way sometimes.

Can we please have a toggle for traditional custom pre-game lobbies?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I'm seeing database table names and blank images except the ones previously cached?
https://ibb.co/55p2j0b
AltMagic wrote:
I'm seeing database table names and blank images except the ones previously cached?
https://ibb.co/55p2j0b
For future reference, per the first posts here, posts like this should be made in the support forums. The issue you are facing is because your game has not fully updated to the latest version, you need to make sure and check for updates, download and install them. If you're on the Windows Store version of MCC, please visit the MS Store page for MCC and that should trigger the update to start. For console, hard reset your Xbox and then check for updates
Reposting from Season 7 feedback, since its a core game issue, not season-specific:
I am aware this is a niche issue, and thus might not be important enough to give support for. It is important to me because I have a keyboard with analog input that supports xinput binding (the wooting two HE - https://wooting.io/) to allow for analog movement while using KB/M controls. The current behavior makes it impossible to do this, as when using wasd (binded as left stick), the game recognizes me as playing with a controller, and locks the mouse and all keys from functioning, and using the mouse to look, or keys to shoot, interact etc, locks wasd (left stick) from being used for movement. I'm aware of the usefulness of this behavior - such as preventing people from accidentally hitting their mouse while using a controller and ruining their aim, so perhaps a toggle for this behavior would be the best solution?
And obviously, I understand that my use case wouldnt work in input locked multiplayer.
Wooting also has an SDK for native support (https://github.com/WootingKb/wooting-analog-sdk/), but I of course couldn't reasonably expect that to be added given how niche of a use it is.
Quote:
General Improvements
  • Split-screen on PC!
Please please please enable split screen for the PC. Getting my friends over for 4 player couch co-op and death match Halo would be some of the best post Covid therapy possible.
This is super silly and super niche, but if Halo Reach gets weapon skins, here's an obscure Assault Rifle skin from a promo that was never implemented.
In line with the more silly helmets of Season 8, the eagle featured on the Commando helmet in this render would also make a cute addon.
Why was the flood firefight game mode not included with season 8? Literally the only reason I came back to MCC. You all dropped the ball and the fact I had to dig through the internet to find my that it was dropped is sad on your part. 3/10 and that's just because of the armor looks ight. Also, funny the sents were added. If I wanted to fight robots I just go play halo 4-5, as trashy as they are.
  • Misc/Other Feedback
  • MCC HALO GAME: All/General
  • FEEDBACK: There is a similar item listed in the known issues, but I want to expand on it further because I experience a more general case. This is the issue from the known issues:
    Quote:
    Shifting the computer’s focus away from the Halo: The Master Chief Collection splash screen that appears when launching the game occasionally causes it to become a background process. This requires a force close of the game from the task manager
    However, for me, this doesn't happen only on the splashscreen, but during any screen in the game. If the game loses focus at any stage it becomes a background process and I have to force quit it. I was hoping it would be fixed this season, but I guess not :/ as someone who uses only one monitor, this bug is quite frustrating. I hope it's begin looked into :)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: N/A
GUxTheory wrote:
  • Misc/Other Feedback
  • MCC HALO GAME: All/General
  • FEEDBACK: There is a similar item listed in the known issues, but I want to expand on it further because I experience a more general case. This is the issue from the known issues:
    Quote:
    Shifting the computer’s focus away from the Halo: The Master Chief Collection splash screen that appears when launching the game occasionally causes it to become a background process. This requires a force close of the game from the task manager
    However, for me, this doesn't happen only on the splashscreen, but during any screen in the game. If the game loses focus at any stage it becomes a background process and I have to force quit it. I was hoping it would be fixed this season, but I guess not :/ as someone who uses only one monitor, this bug is quite frustrating. I hope it's begin looked into :)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: N/A
If you mean the classic "when tabbing out of MCC theres no way to get in later", there are windows settings you need to change in order to prevent this.
Go to Settings -> system -> multitasking-> virtual desktops and change both collumns to "all desktops", then you should be able to tab back in MCC
<p></p>
Heres a list with armors/skins that currently arent in MCC, please consider bringing those in first before adding completely new content that doesnt really fit the classic halo art style
https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=5D1D1A3726E620FC!2270&ithint=file%2cxlsx&authkey=!AFunLpMtjnR7BSc

Also Halo 3 is drowning in content, as 5 seasons now are almost completely H3 content only. Give the other games some love for christs sake, H2 has no skins and almost no armors, CE has not much skins/armors. Show those games some love, especially them H2 elites.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6