Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC September Patch Discussion

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
Howdy folks! Today we launched a new patch with additional fixes and improvements to MCC. You can read the official patch notes and blog RIGHT HERE.

Please use this thread to discuss anything and everything related to this update.

Thanks for your support!
The previous patch has left my game unplayable,splash screen and then back to dashboard.So if i install this new patch now, will this get fixed or do i have to reinstall the previous one?
Just attempted Spartan Ops episode 9 mission 1, still seems to be crashing on the bit where you activate the turrets, and you hear "they are flanking us".

Does say that Halo 4 Spartan ops fixes are part of the patch.
The update is 8.48 GB for those interested.
edit. nevermind
I can't play social big team battle without having Halo: CE's, Halo 2[A]'s, AND Halo 4's multiplayers downloaded. Needing all of these to play the gametype on only 1 of them essentially renders Intelligent Delivery useless.
Can we get a halo 3 rank swat please even halo 4 or halo 2 rank swat
I've been trying to find a game with this new update. Here is some information I would like to provide :
  • Been searching in the H2A ranked playlist for about 6-8 minutes and didn't find a game. Couldn't even give me a player. Text at the bottom was always altering between "searching for players" and "searching for more players".
  • Been searching in the H3 ranked playlist for 10 minutes and still couldn't find a game. Same story as above.
  • Now I'm searching for a game in the Halo 3 BTB playlist (social playlist) and I've been waiting for 10-15 minutes to find a game. I even restarted the search but nothing changed.
  • Same goes for the normal Big Team Battle playlist.
I don't know what to say about the rest of the playlists but I'm willing to bet the story won't be different. I'm from Europe, my ping is fine but I still can't find games. I understand that this game is old and not a lot of people play it anymore but that still doesn't justifies the fact that I can't find games. When the massive update hit, I could find games fast and connection was solid. As time went by it would take longer and longer with each session to find a game.
Maybe I should wait a day, let everyone update their game and see what happens.

Would be nice if we could see the population for each playlist. Perhaps the issue is on my end somehow or the regional lock is still keeping me from finding games.
Can you just make all the skulls available in all the games!
Hosting a 16-player Halo MCC LAN this Saturday. Can't wait for some Blood Gulch CTF LAN action. Thanks for dropping a new update, just for me!!
I've been trying to find a game with this new update. Here is some information I would like to provide :
  • Been searching in the H2A ranked playlist for about 6-8 minutes and didn't find a game. Couldn't even give me a player. Text at the bottom was always altering between "searching for players" and "searching for more players".
  • Been searching in the H3 ranked playlist for 10 minutes and still couldn't find a game. Same story as above.
  • Now I'm searching for a game in the Halo 3 BTB playlist (social playlist) and I've been waiting for 10-15 minutes to find a game. I even restarted the search but nothing changed.
I don't know what to say about the rest of the playlists but I'm willing to bet the story won't be different. I'm from Europe, my ping is fine but I still can't find games. I understand that this game is old and not a lot of people play it anymore but that still doesn't justifies the fact that I can't find games.

Would be nice if we could see the population for each playlist. Perhaps the issue is on my end somehow or the regional lock is still keeping me from finding games.
If players have not quit out of the game, they will continue to be matchmaking on the old build. So currently the population who hasn't realized the update is out - aren't in the same version of the game as you.

Please let the update circulate and try again later when more people have updated.
I am getting serious sound issues in OG halo 2. The audio gets cut out on everything from explosions to gun fire.
Postums wrote:
I don't know what to say about the rest of the playlists but I'm willing to bet the story won't be different. I'm from Europe, my ping is fine but I still can't find games. I understand that this game is old and not a lot of people play it anymore but that still doesn't justifies the fact that I can't find games.

If players have not quit out of the game, they will continue to be matchmaking on the old build. So currently the population who hasn't realized the update is out - aren't in the same version of the game as you.

Please let the update circulate and try again later when more people have updated.
Understood. I'll wait for a couple of hours (maybe even a day) and see if I'll have the same problem. Thanks
DinkyDulu wrote:
Just attempted Spartan Ops episode 9 mission 1, still seems to be crashing on the bit where you activate the turrets, and you hear "they are flanking us".

Does say that Halo 4 Spartan ops fixes are part of the patch.
I'm having the seem thing still not fix!
The Trello board needs to be updated.
Any progress on Sean's "side project" of Custom Edition maps for Halo CE?
Can you please add ranked team snipers. Please. At least test it out and see the population. Please so many people want it.
Quote:
The team would ideally like to offer even greater player customization options for control settings. The team has some prototypes already in our internal builds and they're exploring options for adding a finer level of calibration and customization. Such a feature would give players the ability to have more control over sensitivity and aim acceleration in a future update. As we learn more we will continue to update on this topic.
Great googly-moogly! Please, let this focus for greater customization options lead to the ability to establish a new Universal Control setup that's more akin to Halo 5: Guardians' default setting. I really would love the ability to have the control set-up below:

Left Trigger (LT) - Zoom (defaulted to a new non-toggle option for classic titles)/Use Secondary Weapon (H2, H2A & H3)/Vehicular E-Brake or Power Slide/Vehicular Boost

Righter Trigger (RT) - Use Primary Weapon/Vehicle Horn

Right Bumper (RB) - Melee/Banshee Flip Technique/Vehicular Airbrake or Superglide Technique/H3's Hornet Ascend

Left Bumper (LB) - Throw Grenade/H3's Hornet Descend

Left Thumbstick Click (LS) - Toggle Zoom Level (CE, H2, H2A & H3 - when no secondary weapon)/Reload Secondary Weapon (H3)/Sprint (H4)

Right Thumbstick Click (RS) - Crouch (defaulted to non-toggle)

Y Button - Change Weapon/Duel Wield (H2, H2A & H3)/Swap Secondary Weapon (H2, H2A & H3)

X Button - Actions/Swap Primary Weapon/Reload (for H3 this references the Primary Weapon Reload)

B Button - Use Flashlight (CE - multiplayer & campaign/H2 - campaign only)/Use Arbiter's Active Camo (H2 - campaign only)/Use Equipment (H3)/Use VISR (ODST)/Use Armor Ability (H4)

A Button – Jump

Left & Right D-Pad - Switch Grenades (cycle left and right)

Up D-Pad - Multiplayer Teamchat (CE, H2, & H3)/H3's (Campaign Only) Flashlight/Campaign Waypoints (ODST)/Toggle Zoom Level (H4)

Down D-Pad - Toggle Zoom Level (CE, H2, H2A, H3, & H4)

Button combo of some type to enact the "Lower Weapon" action for Machinima purposes.
Prior to this patch my ping to the nearest server was ~23ms to the West US server. I live in California. Lower on the list were a number of other US servers. Only a few international server pings populated.
Currently, my ping is 49ms to the South US. I also only have 3 US servers populated in my list: South, North Central, and East US 2. The rest of the list is international.
What gives?
Am I still connected to the closest server (West US)?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13