Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC September Patch Discussion

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. ...
  8. 13
Ltown770 wrote:
First of all I love you guys and am so happy this game is still getting attention.

I think that this games playlist need to be less devided. I understand that there is a certain player base that likes only one perticular Halo, but I personally feel that one on the points of this game is to bring the Halo games together. That and the fact that the ranked playlists are to sparcely populated for this much division.

Also ranked btb is something that needs to happen, just with slightly more lenient matchmaking requirements.
Said this multiple times. No more than 8 playlists (I’d prefer 6) not enough players. There’s 30+ playlists across both H5 and MCC. That’s just not sustainable. Should be like 15 max across both. Look at other games. Millions of players no more than 6 playlists. Halo atm is like the opposite.
This argument that the population is too low for more playlists is completely baseless. The mulititude of playlists available pre-update had plenty of players and solid matching times. I exclusively played SWAT and team slayer before the update (two of the "dead" playlists) and never had any issues finding games. It is an even less logical argument when you factor in that the availability of the MCC on game pass will significantly increase the population
FYI TS was the most popular playlist....always was.

As for game pass, do you really think that game pass will get enough players to support the number of playlists currently available?? I’ll answer it for you: no. Halo hasn’t ever had this many playlists before and it’s during the time where population is at its worst. If you think that makes sense I don’t know???

The ppl who will be playing on game pass will be casuals anyway which won’t help in regards to finding matches for any of the ranked playlists where the problems lie. You’re talking about social playlists so I don’t even think you understand the problem at hand.

There should be 1 ranked playlist each game tops.

Ranked Playlists:

H1
H2
H2A
H3
H4
Dubs
FFA (could be social but I think it would get more ppl as a ranked playlist)

Social Playlists
TS
BTB

Your probably going to hate me for leaving out SWAT but it’s a niche playlist that sways to far from the classic Halo experience. I’m actually a team snipers player but I understand that sacrifices need to be made for the greater good. Reducing the number of playlists and getting players used to a more succinct matchmaking experience would make things so much better.

Unfortunately 343 have tried to cater to so many ppl which has caused a huge problem and now everyone expects to get everything they want. It’s gotten to the stage where in H5 there’s all these wacky playlists IN MM!! Custom games was built for these types of modes not MM. Bringing Halo MM back to its main core modes and not diluting the player base would set up H6 for great longevity compared to the current state of MM at the moment.

If you can count this is actually more than I would want (I’d take out H2A) as it has so few maps but that’s not fair on the ppl who really like that game. It is hard to cut playlists as MCC supports various games (reason why SWAT should get cut first) but in H6 I really hope they have less than 8, preferably 6 or less.
So I'm fully aware that TS was always the most popular playlist.....which is why I said it needs to be brought back.
As far as game pass, it's logical to expect that the population would increase when the game is available on that service. I never said that it would single-handedly save Halo forever, but you can't argue that the population won't increase.
The MCC had a bunch of playlists before the update and there were no issues finding games, and the quitting/afk problem was much less prevalent. You guys keep saying that matchmaking will be better with fewer playlists, but MATCHMAKING WAS FINE BEFORE THE UPDATE, IT DID NOT NEED TO BE "FIXED". THERE IS STILL NO EVIDENCE THAT THE POPULATION HAD DROPPED TOO LOW TO SUPPORT A VARIETY OF PLAYLISTS.
I'm honestly dumbfounded and appalled there is actually people that think MCC needs LESS playlists.
MCC would benefit from having a ranked team slayer playlist for each game. This should be the foundation of the current matchmaking as it was originally intended to be. The community can not continue to keep playing 5-8 objective games for every ONE TS game in the arena playlist; its asinine.
You obviously have never reached a higher rank than level 20. Before the patch if you were higher than level 30 you would rarely find a game in anything except H3 and even in peak time that could be a struggle.
Blind Skull has a bug, though I'm not concerned.
It appears like the skull makes the game think the player is idle and you can hear the weapon's idle animations, just not see them. Most notably the Rocket Launcher and Sniper Rifle.
Just a random bug, no need to fix it as it isn't game-breaking and doesn't really bother.
Ltown770 wrote:
First of all I love you guys and am so happy this game is still getting attention.

I think that this games playlist need to be less devided. I understand that there is a certain player base that likes only one perticular Halo, but I personally feel that one on the points of this game is to bring the Halo games together. That and the fact that the ranked playlists are to sparcely populated for this much division.

Also ranked btb is something that needs to happen, just with slightly more lenient matchmaking requirements.
Said this multiple times. No more than 8 playlists (I’d prefer 6) not enough players. There’s 30+ playlists across both H5 and MCC. That’s just not sustainable. Should be like 15 max across both. Look at other games. Millions of players no more than 6 playlists. Halo atm is like the opposite.
This argument that the population is too low for more playlists is completely baseless. The mulititude of playlists available pre-update had plenty of players and solid matching times. I exclusively played SWAT and team slayer before the update (two of the "dead" playlists) and never had any issues finding games. It is an even less logical argument when you factor in that the availability of the MCC on game pass will significantly increase the population
FYI TS was the most popular playlist....always was.

As for game pass, do you really think that game pass will get enough players to support the number of playlists currently available?? I’ll answer it for you: no. Halo hasn’t ever had this many playlists before and it’s during the time where population is at its worst. If you think that makes sense I don’t know???

The ppl who will be playing on game pass will be casuals anyway which won’t help in regards to finding matches for any of the ranked playlists where the problems lie. You’re talking about social playlists so I don’t even think you understand the problem at hand.

There should be 1 ranked playlist each game tops.

Ranked Playlists:

H1
H2
H2A
H3
H4
Dubs
FFA (could be social but I think it would get more ppl as a ranked playlist)

Social Playlists
TS
BTB

Your probably going to hate me for leaving out SWAT but it’s a niche playlist that sways to far from the classic Halo experience. I’m actually a team snipers player but I understand that sacrifices need to be made for the greater good. Reducing the number of playlists and getting players used to a more succinct matchmaking experience would make things so much better.

Unfortunately 343 have tried to cater to so many ppl which has caused a huge problem and now everyone expects to get everything they want. It’s gotten to the stage where in H5 there’s all these wacky playlists IN MM!! Custom games was built for these types of modes not MM. Bringing Halo MM back to its main core modes and not diluting the player base would set up H6 for great longevity compared to the current state of MM at the moment.

If you can count this is actually more than I would want (I’d take out H2A) as it has so few maps but that’s not fair on the ppl who really like that game. It is hard to cut playlists as MCC supports various games (reason why SWAT should get cut first) but in H6 I really hope they have less than 8, preferably 6 or less.
So I'm fully aware that TS was always the most popular playlist.....which is why I said it needs to be brought back.
As far as game pass, it's logical to expect that the population would increase when the game is available on that service. I never said that it would single-handedly save Halo forever, but you can't argue that the population won't increase.
The MCC had a bunch of playlists before the update and there were no issues finding games, and the quitting/afk problem was much less prevalent. You guys keep saying that matchmaking will be better with fewer playlists, but MATCHMAKING WAS FINE BEFORE THE UPDATE, IT DID NOT NEED TO BE "FIXED". THERE IS STILL NO EVIDENCE THAT THE POPULATION HAD DROPPED TOO LOW TO SUPPORT A VARIETY OF PLAYLISTS.
I'm honestly dumbfounded and appalled there is actually people that think MCC needs LESS playlists.
MCC would benefit from having a ranked team slayer playlist for each game. This should be the foundation of the current matchmaking as it was originally intended to be. The community can not continue to keep playing 5-8 objective games for every ONE TS game in the arena playlist; its asinine.
Highest skill rank of 15. Why are you even commenting on something you know nothing about?
Basileus92 wrote:

Id like to see your statistical report on the player base and analysis on why the game cant support the playlists. A few month ago the game was 49th most played. Now it hovers around 25th. You think taking playlists out will make the population go up? Where are the people who only want to play infection or swat? not playing, thats where. Stick to what ever it is you do in the real world cause you have no idea what you are talking about. The game can most definitely support this many playlists, as it currently is, and should have more. If i can only play one gametype and its the one i dont like then im not going to play the game at all. People want options, you keep them in the game by catering to all the moods they feel like playing at any given time, not by taking them away.
I agree. I can only speak for myself but I’ve been playing the MCC much more, now that BTB is split into two playlists. I think that each Halo should get its own 4v4 Arena, 4v4 Slayer, and BTB playlist. Maybe have a few cross playlists for Action sack, Swat, Snipers, Infection, etc. Maybe remove three separate 4v4 playlists for a single game; H3 doesn’t need a ranked, unranked, and hardcore. Why not just have one ranked Arena and one ranked Slayer for each? Then removed Team Slayer, since each game would already have that. Casuals can still play cross playlists or BTB. I like casual playlists but don’t care if it is ranked or unranked Slayer.
How on earth are you meant to get a game in ranked if there’s that many playlists? You can’t even get a game searching higher than lv30 in H1 and H2??
I would rather have longer wait times than be forced to play something I don’t want. I can’t speak for wait times at lv 30, since I’ve never been above 16. I would hope that if this game gets straightened out and offers playlists that people want, more people will flood in. If it offered more options, I would have no reason to play the original H4 and maybe some of the remaining (360)H3 players will jump on board the MCC. I think 343i should make this free with Gold; that would definitely help the population. Adding it to the game pass and updates have already boosted its popularity.

Reducing playlists will not help the population. I didn’t even want to play BTB before. Now that I can play games besides H3, I’m on the MCC all the time. I’m willing to bet there are a lot of people like me, willing to play more, when there are more playlists that appeal to them. Like I said, there should be a few basic playlists for each title, and some mixes playlists for Swat, Snipers, Infection, etc. Sure 15-20 playlists is a lot for a single game but the MCC is NOT a single game. 20 devided by 5 multiplayer engines is only 4 playlists per title. It should be treated as a collection of games within a single menu not a single merged game.
Basileus92 wrote:

Id like to see your statistical report on the player base and analysis on why the game cant support the playlists. A few month ago the game was 49th most played. Now it hovers around 25th. You think taking playlists out will make the population go up? Where are the people who only want to play infection or swat? not playing, thats where. Stick to what ever it is you do in the real world cause you have no idea what you are talking about. The game can most definitely support this many playlists, as it currently is, and should have more. If i can only play one gametype and its the one i dont like then im not going to play the game at all. People want options, you keep them in the game by catering to all the moods they feel like playing at any given time, not by taking them away.
I agree. I can only speak for myself but I’ve been playing the MCC much more, now that BTB is split into two playlists. I think that each Halo should get its own 4v4 Arena, 4v4 Slayer, and BTB playlist. Maybe have a few cross playlists for Action sack, Swat, Snipers, Infection, etc. Maybe remove three separate 4v4 playlists for a single game; H3 doesn’t need a ranked, unranked, and hardcore. Why not just have one ranked Arena and one ranked Slayer for each? Then removed Team Slayer, since each game would already have that. Casuals can still play cross playlists or BTB. I like casual playlists but don’t care if it is ranked or unranked Slayer.
How on earth are you meant to get a game in ranked if there’s that many playlists? You can’t even get a game searching higher than lv30 in H1 and H2??
I would rather have longer wait times than be forced to play something I don’t want. I can’t speak for wait times at lv 30, since I’ve never been above 16. I would hope that if this game gets straightened out and offers playlists that people want, more people will flood in. If it offered more options, I would have no reason to play the original H4 and maybe some of the remaining H3 fans will jump on board the MCC. I think 343i should make this this free with Gold; that would definitely help the population. Adding it to the game pass and updates have already boosted its popularity.

Reducing playlists will not help the population. I didn’t even want to play BTB before. Now that I can play games besides H3, I’m on the MCC all the time. I’m willing to bet there are a lot of people like me, willing to play more, when there are more playlists that appeal to them. Like I said, there should be a few basic playlists for each title, and some mixes playlists for Swat, Snipers, Infection, etc. Sure 15-20 playlists is a lot for a single game but the MCC is NOT a single game. 20 devided by 5 multiplayer engines is only 4 playlists per title. It should be treated as a collection of games within a single menu not a single merged game.
See this is what bugs me. So many ppl saying that taking playlists out is bad but they have never experienced playing Halo at a certain rank. Reason why so many ppl (including myself) don’t play very much anymore because the game is a lobby simulator. You would spend more time waiting for a game than playing once you hit a certain rank. If you want 50 playlists that affects the people like myself who play for ranks. It’s no different to me asking for 343 to streamline the playlists. Difference is that it would make the game a hell of a lot more stable across the board. You can have 1 rotating playlist for the non-core modes with less players like infection or grifball etc, but I still think that those types of modes should be left in customs. Just my opinion.
Basileus92 wrote:

See this is what bugs me. So many ppl saying that taking playlists out is bad but they have never expereinvest playling Halo at a certain rank. Reason why so many ppl (including myself) don’t play very much anymore because the game is a lobby simulator. You would spend more time waiting for a game than playing once you hit a certain rank. If you’ve want 50 playlists that affects the people like myself who play for ranks. It’s no different to me asking for 343 to streamline the playlists. Difference is that it would make the game a hell of a lot more stable across the board. You can have 1 rotating playlist for the non-core modes with less players like infection or grifball etc, but I still that those types of modes should be left in customs. Just my opinion.
I could compromise with you and say we could get away with 10-12 playlists. We need a 4v4 ranked and BTB for each title. Halo 2A and Classic could be combined in to one playlist. Then have a couple of cross playlists for Team Doubles, FF, and TS. I play BTB mostly and believe that each title deserves its own.
Basileus92 wrote:

See this is what bugs me. So many ppl saying that taking playlists out is bad but they have never expereinvest playling Halo at a certain rank. Reason why so many ppl (including myself) don’t play very much anymore because the game is a lobby simulator. You would spend more time waiting for a game than playing once you hit a certain rank. If you’ve want 50 playlists that affects the people like myself who play for ranks. It’s no different to me asking for 343 to streamline the playlists. Difference is that it would make the game a hell of a lot more stable across the board. You can have 1 rotating playlist for the non-core modes with less players like infection or grifball etc, but I still that those types of modes should be left in customs. Just my opinion.
I could compromise with you and say we could get away with 10-12 playlists. We need a 4v4 ranked and BTB for each title. Halo 2A and Classic could be combined in to one playlist. Then have a couple of cross playlists for Team Doubles, FF, and TS. I play BTB mostly and believe that each title deserves its own.
I love btb but there’s no reason btb should have a playlist for each game. So many other playlists could take those spots like SWAT, Snipers and Infection. It’s hard because MCC is multiple games like you said but you have to be reasonable. If it was the beginning of the game with 1mill plus or even half a mill that would be doable but MCC wouldn’t get any more than 100k pop.
Anybody else got thise issue?

Since the latest patch i don't get cheevo's anymore?? anyone know a fix?
Basileus92 wrote:

I love btb but there’s no reason btb should have a playlist for each game. So many other playlists could take those spots like SWAT, Snipers and Infection. It’s hard because MCC is multiple games like you said but you have to be reasonable. If it was the beginning of the game with 1mill plus or even half a mill that would be doable but MCC wouldn’t get any more than 100k pop.
I gotta disagree with you on BTB. I stopped playing the MCC for a while because H3 always won the BTB vote. I love H4 for its BTB but rarely get to play it. At least devide BTB into three playlists. H3, H4, and classic(HCE, H2C, H2A). If all BTB games ever merge back into one playlist, I will not play this game frequently.

Maybe have a couple of rotation playlists: one weekly and one daily. This way we could have one playlist rotating through a few game modes a week on a consistent system. Say Swat on Saturday and Wednesday, Snipers on Sunday and Thursday, etc. You get the idea. There could be another playlist that lasts for a week and rotates around every month. This way, there would be consistent modes available every certain number of weeks.
Basileus92 wrote:

Why is the population at an all time low then? Can’t get games in H1, H2, H3 HC unless your playing at peak time because of the various playlists. Most ppl who bought MCC want to play a certain game. Some ppl can’t even do that. If you actually played back when Halo had hundreds of thousands of concurrent players you would understand.

If you even read my post I’m advocating to take out one of my favourite playlists for the greater good. If you actually cared about the stability of the WHOLE game and not just your own personal agenda you wouldn’t be arguing with me.

I want H6 to be populated throughout its entire lifespan. The last few Halo games haven’t lasted for longer than 6 months without significant population drops. 343 needs to stop catering to every single individual to make the game more stable and have a longer lifespan. End of story.
Would just like to point out that saying that you personally can't find a match in no way constitutes proof that the population is down.

I can see why finding a match at higher ranks might be a pain, but a lot of the blame for that should be put on 343's highly questionable decision to reset everyone's ranks when the update came out.
Hi!

So several things:
  • There seems to be an issue with playing on Hang 'Em High with a party of friends in Custom Games. Something with the loading just fails and people get kicked from the game. This only happens with Hang 'Em High. Every other map works just fine.
  • Returning to the title screen after changing the Active User turns the menu button (next to "Press Menu Button") black.
  • The game will temporarily freeze/slow down tremendously on several occasions: if the player switches to another app (like Netflix) for too long and returns to the game, if the player just finished playing a custom game, or if a player tries to access certain parts of the "Options and Career" menu (like Player ID).
That's all I have for now!
Blind Skull has a bug, though I'm not concerned.
It appears like the skull makes the game think the player is idle and you can hear the weapon's idle animations, just not see them. Most notably the Rocket Launcher and Sniper Rifle.
Just a random bug, no need to fix it as it isn't game-breaking and doesn't really bother.
I noticed that, too.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not make non-constructive posts. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
What about shoulder's Spartan emblem? It's still the same standard for everyone and it's not listed as "high priority" bug in Trello ( https://trello.com/b/WPZDzEBI/mcc-support-page ) . I think it should be there
Why would you remove BG CTF from arena? A lot of us H1 players have been waiting for that’s for literally 17 years. A lot of people are furious. Is this a mistake? It’s only the most iconic map in halos lore.
Why would you remove BG CTF from arena? A lot of us H1 players have been waiting for that’s for literally 17 years. A lot of people are furious. Is this a mistake? It’s only the most iconic map in halos lore.
Agreed.
It wasn't announced - and generally they announce all the playlist changes.
I think it might have been a mistake?

We need to let them know loudly, and hopefully get a response!!!
AshamanND wrote:
Agreed.
It wasn't announced - and generally they announce all the playlist changes.
I think it might have been a mistake?

We need to let them know loudly, and hopefully get a response!!!
Exactly!!! CTF BG NEEDS to be available on a H1 only playlist. I've yet to play a single game of it on big team battle (cross-game playlists really suck btw). I read it was added to H1 4v4 playlist, by the time I got around to playing, it was gone. PLEASE tell me it's a mistake and will be added back!!
What about shoulder's Spartan emblem? It's still the same standard for everyone and it's not listed as "high priority" bug in Trello ( https://trello.com/b/WPZDzEBI/mcc-support-page ) . I think it should be there
It's not really a game breaking issue so it's not really a high priority bug to fix
I can play again..almost at any givin time when i search Halo CE..or can get played..anyways...Im happy.. ty updaters/patchers
Need H2 classic doubles Slayer only
-Need H2 classic slayer
-we need veto system
-Bring back h2 severs
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. ...
  8. 13