Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC September Patch Discussion

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. ...
  7. 13
HK Blains wrote:
Yo the rank margin is too small for the population. I’m a level 44 in arena and haven’t found a single game in a week.
I have the same issue. Please 343 listen to our complaints.
This is truly sad. I sit here and do other stuff while looking for a game cause I mean, I want to play, but I just can't. Waiting for the day just just get back to back matches here but I seem to only get one about once an hour. I think I found more games before the update. 343, any feedback here?
No voting?? This is lame. The voting system needs to be in place. I've played the same map twice in a row way too many times now due to no voting. And Removing Blood Gulch from HCE Team Arena.... uuuuummmmm, why???? Without that map in the playlist, I won't play. That is THE Halo map that made Combat Evolved multiplayer what it is. And where is SWAT?
Quote:
The aforementioned bugs plus a handful of others ended up being downstream problems from some systemic changes, which with some new fixes in place no longer exist or are not exercised. While we’re not claiming Halo 1’s multiplayer is all of a sudden going to feel golden-everything-is-fixed-pack-it-up-we-can-go-home, we feel pretty confident (based on lab and in-the-wild testing) that the overall experience will feel better and more consistent.
Super stoked that Halo CE is receiving multiplayer updates. What year is it again?? Anyway.

Have we talked about what was actually changed? I had a 16-player Halo CE LAN on the 22nd, a few days after the September update went live. We played Halo CE mostly, and it was mostly awesome. But the LAN connection didn't feel exactly perfect. There were plenty of times that running close to an enemy with the shotgun and pulling the trigger would result in a complete miss, which I can only think would be network related. Is anyone tracking / discussing Halo CE's network after the September update?
TRU3 BEA5T wrote:
This is truly sad. I sit here and do other stuff while looking for a game cause I mean, I want to play, but I just can't. Waiting for the day just just get back to back matches here but I seem to only get one about once an hour. I think I found more games before the update. 343, any feedback here?
This is no way to play, it’s honestly embarrassing on their part. I love 1-50, but what’s the point when the population is this small? There’s nothing to prove in these ancient games. Use connection based matchmaking, kill the ranks, let me play game after game with only seconds in between matches. Once custom game browser is out I can play all of the good players I desire with competitive settings.
Shana Feld wrote:
No voting?? This is lame. The voting system needs to be in place. I've played the same map twice in a row way too many times now due to no voting. And Removing Blood Gulch from HCE Team Arena.... uuuuummmmm, why???? Without that map in the playlist, I won't play. That is THE Halo map that made Combat Evolved multiplayer what it is. And where is SWAT?
Agreed that HCE Team Arena should have BG CTF. It was a staple of the game in 4v4 for years.

SWAT came in as a rotational playlist - I don't think it ended up with a high population so it didn't become permanent.
It will continue to be a rotational playlist for now though.
Halo CE Team Arena games are now wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too long. TS 50 kills is more than enough and is the standard for anybody running 4v4 in the past online or LAN.
Really love what yall did with all the updates. The game has Improved big time compared to before the flight testing. Im enjoying all the halo games on multiplayer without any issues at all. There are a few small lags but you expect that from any games online. Even halo 1 is way better than it was back in the days. I did notice with the september update though that for some reason the big team battle playlists actually take about 5 min in lobby to find all the players. And thats playing splitscreen 4 players online if it helps any but other than that keep up the good work. Yall are doing an amazing job. At this rate i cant wait to see what halo 6 has in store for us especially now that yall are listening to our feed backs. Again thank you for all that yall do. Make halo great again
Any word on a new patch rolling out?
With the last update, the game keeps making me join to American Servers while I'm in Europe, with consequent lag. Please, make European players to only play on EU servers or at least allow to manually choose the servers. I'm sick to play with a huge amount of lag, otherwise I will quit this broken game again.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I've just finished the update and my game menu is all pixelated with rainbow colours, it doesn't affect gameplay but its really annoying and it looks terrible. Is there a patch for this or anything i can do?
YamaMX wrote:
TRU3 BEA5T wrote:
This is no way to play, it’s honestly embarrassing on their part. I love 1-50, but what’s the point when the population is this small? There’s nothing to prove in these ancient games. Use connection based matchmaking, kill the ranks, let me play game after game with only seconds in between matches. Once custom game browser is out I can play all of the good players I desire with competitive settings.
The ranks are there in attempt to match skilled players with similarly skilled opponents. People are not going to want back to back matches if they are always one sided blowouts.
I've just finished the update and my game menu is all pixelated with rainbow colours, it doesn't affect gameplay but its really annoying and it looks terrible. Is there a patch for this or anything i can do?
check your video settings maybe? Do you have a tv with 4K/HDR?
YamaMX wrote:
TRU3 BEA5T wrote:
The ranks are there in attempt to match skilled players with similarly skilled opponents. People are not going to want back to back matches if they are always one sided blowouts.
Obviously and I’d prefer it that way as well, but it takes an amount of time that is simply unreasonable. If they don’t want to rematch they’ll search again and be matched elsewhere, all in all they could do that and play a few matches in the time it takes to match in ranked at times. People are far more likely to give up on the game after not finding matches for ten minutes at a time than getting blown out here and there. That’s the issue.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
HK Blains wrote:
TRU3 BEA5T wrote:
343 doesn’t do anything about anyone’s complaints. They are incompetent pieces of -Yoink-.
That's false.
They've done at least 3 updates since the beginning of September. All stemming from player feedback/complaints...
In fact, you can see right at the top of this forum, 3 threads explaining adjustments to the matchmaking that they have done. I assume based on your post history not being able to find matches is your biggest concern. Read these, they ARE working on it.
If you feel they aren't doing anything about YOUR complaints, that's a different story.

Try being constructive and helpful, instead of just toxic. People are more likely to help if you are respectful.
343, thanks for all these patches. The October one is looking great.
AshamanND wrote:
HK Blains wrote:
TRU3 BEA5T wrote:
343 doesn’t do anything about anyone’s complaints. They are incompetent pieces of -Yoink-.
That's false.
They've done at least 3 updates since the beginning of September. All stemming from player feedback/complaints...
In fact, you can see right at the top of this forum, 3 threads explaining adjustments to the matchmaking that they have done. I assume based on your post history not being able to find matches is your biggest concern. Read these, they ARE working on it.
If you feel they aren't doing anything about YOUR complaints, that's a different story.

Try being constructive and helpful, instead of just toxic. People are more likely to help if you are respectful.
Sorry, my words were a little too harsh. It just took them 4 years to get us the game we wanted. So I deserve to be a little mad. Don’t put it on me kid.
FFA H3 RANK!!!!!!!!!!!! PLSSSSSSSSS
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. ...
  7. 13