Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC September Patch Discussion

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
eLantern wrote:
Quote:
The team would ideally like to offer even greater player customization options for control settings. The team has some prototypes already in our internal builds and they're exploring options for adding a finer level of calibration and customization. Such a feature would give players the ability to have more control over sensitivity and aim acceleration in a future update. As we learn more we will continue to update on this topic.
Great googly-moogly! Please, let this focus for greater customization options lead to the ability to establish a new Universal Control setup that's more akin to Halo 5: Guardians' default setting. I really would love the ability to have the control set-up below:

Left Trigger (LT) - Zoom (defaulted to a new non-toggle option for classic titles)/Use Secondary Weapon (H2, H2A & H3)/Vehicular E-Brake or Power Slide/Vehicular Boost

Righter Trigger (RT) - Use Primary Weapon/Vehicle Horn

Right Bumper (RB) - Melee/Banshee Flip Technique/Vehicular Airbrake or Superglide Technique/H3's Hornet Ascend

Left Bumper (LB) - Throw Grenade/H3's Hornet Descend

Left Thumbstick Click (LS) - Toggle Zoom Level (CE, H2, H2A & H3 - when no secondary weapon)/Reload Secondary Weapon (H3)/Sprint (H4)

Right Thumbstick Click (RS) - Crouch (defaulted to non-toggle)

Y Button - Change Weapon/Duel Wield (H2, H2A & H3)/Swap Secondary Weapon (H2, H2A & H3)

X Button - Actions/Swap Primary Weapon/Reload (for H3 this references the Primary Weapon Reload)

B Button - Use Flashlight (CE - multiplayer & campaign/H2 - campaign only)/Use Arbiter's Active Camo (H2 - campaign only)/Use Equipment (H3)/Use VISR (ODST)/Use Armor Ability (H4)

A Button – Jump

Left & Right D-Pad - Switch Grenades (cycle left and right)Up D-Pad - Multiplayer Teamchat (CE, H2, & H3)/H3's (Campaign Only) Flashlight/Campaign Waypoints (ODST)/Toggle Zoom Level (H4)

Down D-Pad - Toggle Zoom Level (CE, H2, H2A, H3, & H4)

Button combo of some type to enact the "Lower Weapon" action for Machinima purposes.
How about just the ability to make your own control scheme??
Did you guys really remove Blood Gulch Capture the Flag from the Halo CE Team Arena playlist???
I am searching H3 hardcore and can't find anything. I am watching Snipedown's stream and he has no trouble finding games. I am also same rank as him. Looks like the "region lock" is still there. I have 112 ms ping to East US 2 server.
I didn’t see any patch bites regarding there halo 2/3 ghost melees, any plans in the works to fix these? How does the new quit system work? Also, any plans to add a ranked ffa playlist anytime soon, it’s been one of the most requested playlists for months.

thanks
AshamanND wrote:
eLantern wrote:
Quote:
The team would ideally like to offer even greater player customization options for control settings. The team has some prototypes already in our internal builds and they're exploring options for adding a finer level of calibration and customization. Such a feature would give players the ability to have more control over sensitivity and aim acceleration in a future update. As we learn more we will continue to update on this topic.
Great googly-moogly! Please, let this focus for greater customization options lead to the ability to establish a new Universal Control setup that's more akin to Halo 5: Guardians' default setting. I really would love the ability to have the control set-up below:

Left Trigger (LT) - Zoom (defaulted to a new non-toggle option for classic titles)/Use Secondary Weapon (H2, H2A & H3)/Vehicular E-Brake or Power Slide/Vehicular Boost

Righter Trigger (RT) - Use Primary Weapon/Vehicle Horn

Right Bumper (RB) - Melee/Banshee Flip Technique/Vehicular Airbrake or Superglide Technique/H3's Hornet Ascend

Left Bumper (LB) - Throw Grenade/H3's Hornet Descend

Left Thumbstick Click (LS) - Toggle Zoom Level (CE, H2, H2A & H3 - when no secondary weapon)/Reload Secondary Weapon (H3)/Sprint (H4)

Right Thumbstick Click (RS) - Crouch (defaulted to non-toggle)

Y Button - Change Weapon/Duel Wield (H2, H2A & H3)/Swap Secondary Weapon (H2, H2A & H3)

X Button - Actions/Swap Primary Weapon/Reload (for H3 this references the Primary Weapon Reload)

B Button - Use Flashlight (CE - multiplayer & campaign/H2 - campaign only)/Use Arbiter's Active Camo (H2 - campaign only)/Use Equipment (H3)/Use VISR (ODST)/Use Armor Ability (H4)

A Button – Jump

Left & Right D-Pad - Switch Grenades (cycle left and right)
Up D-Pad - Multiplayer Teamchat (CE, H2, & H3)/H3's (Campaign Only) Flashlight/Campaign Waypoints (ODST)/Toggle Zoom Level (H4)

Down D-Pad - Toggle Zoom Level (CE, H2, H2A, H3, & H4)

Button combo of some type to enact the "Lower Weapon" action for Machinima purposes.
How about just the ability to make your own control scheme??
Certainly. And that's basically what I was indicating; though, if that's asking too much than I'd happily take a pre-established Universal option that was more akin to Halo 5: Guardian's default setup. Anyways, as long as I can create or be given a Universal option that helps limit how much muscle memory I have to alter between not only the titles found within the MCC, but also with what I've now become accustomed to with Halo 5 and "other" FPS titles. This would make me very happy indeed and I'm ecstatic to hear that there's some potential for something such as that along with additional options related to dead zones and more detailed sensitivity settings like we have in Halo 5.
I can't play social big team battle without having Halo: CE's, Halo 2[A]'s, AND Halo 4's multiplayers downloaded. Needing all of these to play the gametype on only 1 of them essentially renders Intelligent Delivery useless.
Please help me understand. I only play halo 4 so I only downloaded the halo 4 multiplayer pack. Is that why I only see halo 4 team arena option? Where is 5v5 etc.
I didn't see these nameplates mentioned in the patch notes and was curious who else has them? Link: https://imgur.com/a/zUziYrj
I'm wondering if they are available to everyone or if they have prerequisites needed to unlock them? If I had to guess I'd say you've had to play Halo 5 for the Guardian and Halo Wars 2 to get the Banished.
why wrote:
I didn't see these nameplates mentioned in the patch notes and was curious who else has them? Link: https://imgur.com/a/zUziYrjI'm wondering if they are available to everyone or if they have prerequisites needed to unlock them? If I had to guess I'd say you've had to play Halo 5 for the Guardian and Halo Wars 2 to get the Banished.
Yes. Finishing the HW2 campaign gets you Banished, H5 the Guardians, and there's a Spirit of Fire for HW DE.

Also, lazy linked for you.
Everything sounds great downloading the update now as we speak. Hopefully maybe in the next update, we can get Armor Customization for each game. And real Customization, not that pre-made stuff. Halo 4 is missing all the great Armors, like the ODST Armor thay was a dlc, It looks like the Armor used by the ODST Sqaud from the arcade game. I would love to make a custom Spartan with that armor.
Can we get the H3 Snipers playlist out already? There's a big community that plays that and only that. Thanks
I’m still highly concerned why cross game playlists or removal of vote has not been mentioned. Its not fun being forced to play whatever gametype comes up or the fact numerous maps have been removed in these cross gametype playlists.
When's swat returning? And also if they say your listening to feed back why are the achievements that got reset still not being fixed, the stats say how many have earned but still nothing popping up two updates and nothing???????
Im really disappointed with the update because EU servers clearly arent high-population servers anymore. I cant find a game in H3 Hardcore even though US streamers with the same hardcore skill find matches instantly.

EU players need to be put on at least the nearest US servers because Im also experiencing a decline of european players in other playlists such as H3 Team Arena and Lone Wolves.

If the region lock doesnt get removed for Europe I see more or less every european player leave MCC because they will find less and less games.
The region lock problem hasn't been solved. It's actually gotten worse for me in the one playlist that I did find matches: Social Slayer. Reserving judgement for one more day.
why wrote:
I didn't see these nameplates mentioned in the patch notes and was curious who else has them? Link: https://imgur.com/a/zUziYrjI'm wondering if they are available to everyone or if they have prerequisites needed to unlock them? If I had to guess I'd say you've had to play Halo 5 for the Guardian and Halo Wars 2 to get the Banished.
Yes. Finishing the HW2 campaign gets you Banished, H5 the Guardians, and there's a Spirit of Fire for HW DE.

Also, lazy linked for you.
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

On a different note I can confirm that this update fixed the shadow textures bug that was present on Remnant (it used to look like this before the update: https://youtu.be/pD16wy0V5dE?t=12)
Please fix the spawns and weapon timers. There are to many power weapons spawning to where you could have double the amount of pws on the map at one time. Make it where if someone has the spawned weapon that is doesnt respawn until they drop it.

Then you could actually control them. Right now its like fiesta.
So is europe still region locked because i still couldnt find any players (H2 playlists) even though people from the us who are around my rank found games easily. Hopefully europeans are able to connect to the us servers soon.
Turning Halo CE Arena Slayer into 100 kills is quite possibly one of the worst ideas you all have ever produced. You're ruining a 17 year old gametype with stupid experimental ideas. Why would anyone want to play the same map up to 100 kills or that dumb Reverse Tag gametype. Put that -Yoink- in Action Sack where it belongs, keep Halo CE how it was originally designed, and make the playlist ranked already!
The region lock still hasn’t worked for me im from the uk and I can leave my game on come back 6 hours later and still matches nothing are you going to get this sorted ?
So is europe still region locked because i still couldnt find any players (H2 playlists) even though people from the us who are around my rank found games easily. Hopefully europeans are able to connect to the us servers soon.
Please dont. I dont want to be stuck on a terrible server is you pull host.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13