Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC September Patch Discussion

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 13
Sad to say that the situation hasn't changed one bit in Asia. Still can't find games in any playlist not named Social Slayer, despite queuing up for 20+ mins on each.
Please add in a total global population counter that auto-updates in the "Find Game" Menu and a counter for each Playlist! With the game being 4 years old now, a counter would be critcal to have if the population gets low! Having a counter for each regional server would be helpful too.

Also as some have said, I am getting audio sound issues in intense gun battles for Halo 2 classic, hopefully this gets fixed in the next update.

For campaign skulls, for fun, I would like to see the Bandana skull from Halo 1 get added into 2, 3, ODST and 4 be added so we can play with infinite ammo and grenades! Just a fun suggestion is all! In no way this should affect any achievements at all.
what are the requirements for the halo mvp nameplate like do you have to be super good or how do you judge case-by-case who deserves it?
This was something given to players who played MCC back on launch and they were given a few nameplates such as that one as an apology for the bug filled release.
Quote:
Social Big Team Battle
  • Added CTF variant for Battle Creek
Is this seriously a thing? Who the heck decided 8v8 on Battle Creek is a sensible matchmaking experience?
a SWAT playlist for every game would be nice to see. Having it ranked would be even better.
Patch seems to have broken the Halo 3 ODST campaign for me, It will not load or start any of the missions. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the add on to no avail.
DinkyDulu wrote:
Just attempted Spartan Ops episode 9 mission 1, still seems to be crashing on the bit where you activate the turrets, and you hear "they are flanking us".

Does say that Halo 4 Spartan ops fixes are part of the patch.
Same problem here.
Thanks for the update. Unfortunately, I still have difficulty getting matched. I'm in south east asia. Even social slayer takes a long time to search for players. I've only managed to get matched in h3 arena twice. Matchmaking was quite ok before the "major" update earlier this month.

Edit: After about 9 hours posting this, I tried playing again. Managed to get matched in h2c arena and h3 arena rather quickly.
First of all I love you guys and am so happy this game is still getting attention.

I think that this games playlist need to be less devided. I understand that there is a certain player base that likes only one perticular Halo, but I personally feel that one on the points of this game is to bring the Halo games together. That and the fact that the ranked playlists are to sparcely populated for this much division.

Also ranked btb is something that needs to happen, just with slightly more lenient matchmaking requirements.
Said this multiple times. No more than 8 playlists (I’d prefer 6) not enough players. There’s 30+ playlists across both H5 and MCC. That’s just not sustainable. Should be like 15 max across both. Look at other games. Millions of players no more than 6 playlists. Halo atm is like the opposite.
This argument that the population is too low for more playlists is completely baseless. The mulititude of playlists available pre-update had plenty of players and solid matching times. I exclusively played SWAT and team slayer before the update (two of the "dead" playlists) and never had any issues finding games. It is an even less logical argument when you factor in that the availability of the MCC on game pass will significantly increase the population
First of all I love you guys and am so happy this game is still getting attention.

I think that this games playlist need to be less devided. I understand that there is a certain player base that likes only one perticular Halo, but I personally feel that one on the points of this game is to bring the Halo games together. That and the fact that the ranked playlists are to sparcely populated for this much division.

Also ranked btb is something that needs to happen, just with slightly more lenient matchmaking requirements.

Also the majority of players wanting their own special playlists are Halo 3 players. Halo 3 is backwards compatible and has been updated for the XBOX One X. Let them play Halo 3 if that's what they want!
They broke it up because the majority of people wanted it . Everyone would just complain because they would play H3 majority of the time, and the back compatible version gets no attention.
Can the next update be Halo 2 rumble pit ranked?
I delibrately went idle to test out 343's new idle re-queue system on my other account. I turned off my controller at the beggining of a Standoff game. I still re-queued into a Longshore game and was the last person still on my team at the end so this definitely needs work.
I can’t get any games even on US host
I delibrately went idle to test out 343's new idle re-queue system on my other account. I turned off my controller at the beggining of a Standoff game. I still re-queued into a Longshore game and was the last person still on my team at the end so this definitely needs work.
Did you do it for one game only?

I'd be curious if you idled for two straight games.
Thanks a bunch. Spent the last 4 days getting to the very end of level 3 on Legendary. Now apparently my save is wiped. I couldn’t give a -Yoink- about your multiplayer updates. Thanks for the warning. Absolutely F’in furious. What a waste of time that was. F U very much. Probably never playing it again...
Did this update do anything to european players? This game still refuses to put me on US servers no matter how long I search. (Finland)
Hemulii1 wrote:
Did this update do anything to european players? This game still refuses to put me on US servers no matter how long I search.
Sama mulla. Jenkkien kaa ku pelannu nii pääsee jenkkiservuille mut jos yksin hakee nii ei yhdistä vieläkää.
Postums wrote:
The Trello board needs to be updated.
Yes it does. I will be tonight.
FYI Plastic Hassle - it's all updated now.
Halo 2 campaign crashing on launch since 8 GB update, Tried hard reset didnt fix the issue.
Update: Reinstalled Halo 2 campaign still having issue
Jskanx wrote:
Thanks a bunch. Spent the last 4 days getting to the very end of level 3 on Legendary. Now apparently my save is wiped. I couldn’t give a -Yoink- about your multiplayer updates. Thanks for the warning. Absolutely F’in furious. What a waste of time that was. F U very much. Probably never playing it again...
Hey, they did give a warning.
It was listed on here and other social platforms. They posted 4 days ago here.Understandably, not everyone reads the forums.

It just wasn't possible to give an 'in-game' warning, since that would require an update.
Does it kinda suck? Yes. Did they have any other choice? Doesn't look like it.

It wasn't just because of MP issues that it happened.
Probably something to do with this fix:
Quote:
Fixed several issues that prevented hosts from earning various Achievements when clients were correctly given progress
If you want to never play again, that's up to you. It was only 1 mission, I'm sure you can do it again.
It's not like you spent 8 months grinding some MP cumulative kills or medals achievement to have all your progress lost...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 13