Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC September Patch Discussion

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 13
Postums wrote:
Postums wrote:
The Trello board needs to be updated.
Yes it does. I will be tonight.
FYI Plastic Hassle - it's all updated now.
Thank you, sir!
Region lock still for people in uk and places in Europe how hard is it to fix it, you eard.
AshamanND wrote:
I delibrately went idle to test out 343's new idle re-queue system on my other account. I turned off my controller at the beggining of a Standoff game. I still re-queued into a Longshore game and was the last person still on my team at the end so this definitely needs work.
Did you do it for one game only?

I'd be curious if you idled for two straight games.
Two straight games. One on Sandbox* and the other on Longshore. My controller was off before the Sandbox game even loaded.
I can’t get any games even on US host
Its still a lobby simulator for europeans, just played with an american and we were able to find games fast in h2 arena but after trying it out on my own i couldnt find anything. (Finland)
Cant find any games! region lock still on for UK people, Game worked better before the update
It becomes more and more obvious that EU servers arent high-population servers anymore. European players need to be able to play on US servers or they will all leave sooner or later.
Strange reading all these comments because me and my friend who are from the U.K just managed to find 5 games back to back in H2C arena for the first time since the first patch, couldn't even find games. So if anything for us at least, this patch is a big step in the right direction.

I hope others manage to have a better experience too.

For now, thankyou 343 I'm quietly impressed :)
Opinion on the quit code that is in the coding of the game but not enabled yet. There should be a mercy rule, where if half your team quits or near half you shouldn't get penalized for quitting then. Examples would be in a 2 vs 2 playlist if your partner quits out and your down 20 points in a Slayer game you shouldn't get penalized but your partner should since he or she caused the unbalancing of the match, 4 vs 4 would only penalize the first two quitters on a team and 8 vs 8 would be the first three players to quit on a team. The good old theory of Dominoes where one falls the next will fall is present, enforce a penalty on the player(s) that cause team's to be unbalanced do to quitting.
Opinion on the quit code that is in the coding of the game but not enabled yet. There should be a mercy rule, where if half your team quits or near half you shouldn't get penalized for quitting then. Examples would be in a 2 vs 2 playlist if your partner quits out and your down 20 points in a Slayer game you shouldn't get penalized but your partner should since he or she caused the unbalancing of the match, 4 vs 4 would only penalize the first two quitters on a team and 8 vs 8 would be the first three players to quit on a team. The good old theory of Dominoes where one falls the next will fall is present, enforce a penalty on the player(s) that cause team's to be unbalanced do to quitting.
I like this idea, and it has been mentioned before.
I think it should be on a sliding scale though.

I've won matches several times when down a player.
What if it was 4v4, and you have one team-mate quit. Then, for whatever reason, someone on the other team quits?
So it's 3v3. Then, a second person on my team quits. 2v3.

By your suggestion, if my remining team-mate now quit, making it 1v3, that person who quit wouldn't be penalized?
I don't like that. 2v3 is still possible to win.

Just make it a sliding scale, where the penalty is lessened after each quitter. Maybe there are like 'quitter points' where if you accumulate enough points over a certain period of time, you get a MM ban.
AshamanND wrote:
I like this idea, and it has been mentioned before.
I think it should be on a sliding scale though.

I've won matches several times when down a player.
What if it was 4v4, and you have one team-mate quit. Then, for whatever reason, someone on the other team quits?
So it's 3v3. Then, a second person on my team quits. 2v3.

By your suggestion, if my remining team-mate now quit, making it 1v3, that person who quit wouldn't be penalized?
I don't like that. 2v3 is still possible to win.

Just make it a sliding scale, where the penalty is lessened after each quitter. Maybe there are like 'quitter points' where if you accumulate enough points over a certain period of time, you get a MM ban.
Regardless of how close the game is, in terms of a 4 vs 4 setting the first two people on each team should get the quit penalty since they would be the cause of an unbalanced match. Generally in a 4 vs 4 setting being a player or two down a match it is hard to win if your trailing in Slayer or Objective especially ranked playlists.
AshamanND wrote:
Regardless of how close the game is, in terms of a 4 vs 4 setting the first two people on each team should get the quit penalty since they would be the cause of an unbalanced match. Generally in a 4 vs 4 setting being a player or two down a match it is hard to win if your trailing in Slayer or Objective especially ranked playlists.
Agreed that the first two should get a penalty.
What I was saying is that if you are in a 2v3 position for whatever reason, if your remining team-mate quits and doesn't get some type of penalty, what's the point of quit penalties?

In a slayer setting it's easier to win when down 1 player than objective setting.
When down a player, you have less team-mates to die, less targets for the enemy to shoot at. If you're a little lucky, and co-ordinate with remining team members, you have a good chance. Because there are more targets on the opposing team - you might get lucky with a few double kills here and there.
Its still a lobby simulator for europeans, just played with an american and we were able to find games fast in h2 arena but after trying it out on my own i couldnt find anything ( uk )
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
What I was saying is that if you are in a 2v3 position for whatever reason, if your remining team-mate quits and doesn't get some type of penalty, what's the point of quit penalties?

In a slayer setting it's easier to win when down 1 player than objective setting.
When down a player, you have less team-mates to die, less targets for the enemy to shoot at. If you're a little lucky, and co-ordinate with remining team members, you have a good chance. Because there are more targets on the opposing team - you might get lucky with a few double kills here and there.
You have to factor in the large equation of why people quit. I would say a majority if not almost all of it is within 30 seconds of a match starting do to the game being played, map or gametype. That is generally what the quit penalty is for. You'll rarely see a 2 vs 3 or 3 vs 4 setting of the lower populated Team having an additional quitter if the game is closeness or their team is ahead.
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:

You have to factor in the large equation of why people quit. I would say a majority if not almost all of it is within 30 seconds of a match starting do to the game being played, map or gametype. That is generally what the quit penalty is for. You'll rarely see a 2 vs 3 or 3 vs 4 setting of the lower populated Team having an additional quitter if the game is closeness or their team is ahead.
Yeah most quit in the first 30 seconds, and I agree with you assessment of why.

I still think there should be something for the 'third' person on my team to quit.

Back to my 'quitting points' idea:
If the first person to quit got 100 quit points,
and the second person got say 80 quit points,
why not give the third person 10 quit points,
and If I quit at the end, I just get the loss.

Last person on a team to quit should just take the loss, as they aren't affecting team-mates.
Jskanx wrote:
Thanks a bunch. Spent the last 4 days getting to the very end of level 3 on Legendary. Now apparently my save is wiped. I couldn’t give a -Yoink- about your multiplayer updates. Thanks for the warning. Absolutely F’in furious. What a waste of time that was. F U very much. Probably never playing it again...
Sorry to hear you lost your checkpoint. We did make a post earlier in the week warning it was coming in this forum as well as shared it on twitter. Unfortunate you missed it.
AshamanND wrote:
I delibrately went idle to test out 343's new idle re-queue system on my other account. I turned off my controller at the beggining of a Standoff game. I still re-queued into a Longshore game and was the last person still on my team at the end so this definitely needs work.
Did you do it for one game only?

I'd be curious if you idled for two straight games.
Two straight games. One on Sandbox* and the other on Longshore. My controller was off before the Sandbox game even loaded.
Question: were you active with two accounts or just on a solo account? If two - which account had the controller turned off?
Please for gods sake take away region lock, make it so it was like before the insider program where low populated countries can get games. You are cutting an already low population LOWER. This is really embarrassing and I feel ashamed to call myself a halo fan when it’s not even playable at the moment. Just please make it so it was like before.
HK Blains wrote:
Please for gods sake take away region lock, make it so it was like before the insider program where low populated countries can get games. You are cutting an already low population LOWER. This is really embarrassing and I feel ashamed to call myself a halo fan when it’s not even playable at the moment. Just please make it so it was like before.
MCC has no region lock. It's worth reading through the latest blog post / patch notes for details of what was changed
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-september-update
stckrboy wrote:
HK Blains wrote:
MCC has no region lock. It's worth reading through the latest blog post / patch notes for details of what was changed
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-september-update
There is region lock for Europe:

"Based on player feedback we’re planning to convert our ping times into more of a ‘connection quality’ metric in our next update.
The allowable servers for a user will be { anything under 100ms } + { all servers up to your nearest high population server }
Where a high population server is currently defined as anything in the US and Europe."

If you live in Europe all servers located on other continents have 100+ ping and the nearest high population server is also always a european server.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 13