Questions about the Skulls and Terminals in the Master Cheif Collection.
Which of these is the correct way? Seems like the video found a better faster way? But U can't seem to get it to work like the video suggested.

Halo 2 - IWHBYD Skull
Video
Yeah, that's a weird skull to try and get. I tried a couple of routes and couldn't get it to spawn. This is the video with the route that I followed to get it to spawn, and it still took a couple of tries.I hope this helps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Uey9AXcD-0
I just tried it on PC and it works, so unless they changed the coding for Anniversary (which I doubt) you should be alright.
I recorded a video of it here if you want to use it for reference.
To be on the safe side, wait until you get a checkpoint, the music has started, and Miranda has said 'Sergeant, I need you on that bird.'
When you get to the room, wait until you get another checkpoint; that seems to spawn it in if the conditions are correct. You need to be on Legendary, and you should restart the level (not from checkpoint) until it spawns.
It took me about 30 minutes of repeating until it spawned, so you might need to be patient.
I just tried it on PC and it works, so unless they changed the coding for Anniversary (which I doubt) you should be alright.
To be on the safe side, wait until you get a checkpoint, the music has started, and Miranda has said 'Sergeant, I need you on that bird.'
When you get to the room, wait until you get another checkpoint; that seems to spawn it in if the conditions are correct.
It took me about 30 minutes of restarting the level until it spawned, so you might need to be patient.
MiloLotus wrote:
Yeah, that's a weird skull to try and get. I tried a couple of routes and couldn't get it to spawn. This is the video with the route that I followed to get it to spawn, and it still took a couple of tries.I hope this helps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Uey9AXcD-0
I will try both tonight and get back to you. =]
MiloLotus wrote:
Do you know how to aquire all the audio logs? Is that referring to odst? Bc I have gotten those all at 1 point, but it says otherwise.
<p></p>
KRSTice23 wrote:
When you get to the room, wait until you get another checkpoint; that seems to spawn it in if the conditions are correct.
It took me about 30 minutes of restarting the level until it spawned, so you might need to be patient.
MiloLotus wrote:
I will try both tonight and get back to you. =]
So I tried each method for about a half hour each and didn't get it to spawn. But i was able to get the catch skull instead. I guess I will try again tomarrow.
Well keep at it; if the 1/7 spawn rate is true that's about a 14% chance each time. Could take a minute, could take hours depending on how lucky you are.
Well keep at it; if the 1/7 spawn rate is true that's about a 14% chance each time. Could take a minute, could take hours depending on how lucky you are.
I'm no master chief, In fact tonight I was lucky to be alive while playing co-op. My buddy didn't have great aim!!

Does it spawn somewhere else the other 6 times?!
KRSTice23 wrote:
I'm no master chief, In fact tonight I was lucky to be alive while playing co-op. My buddy didn't have great aim!!

I'm fairly sure it just doesn't spawn at all. I haven't seen any official comments stating that it's a 1 in 7 chance, but a lot of people seem to support the idea (and it would make sense given Bungie's bizzare love of the number 7). May be lower, may be higher, but whatever the case it'll fail to spawn more often than not. I almost missed the skull completely on my last run because it took a while to spawn even when I did everything right.
KRSTice23 wrote:

I'm fairly sure it just doesn't spawn at all. I haven't seen any official comments stating that it's a 1 in 7 chance, but a lot of people seem to support the idea (and it would make sense given Bungie's bizzare love of the number 7). May be lower, may be higher, but whatever the case it'll fail to spawn more often than not. I almost missed the skull completely on my last run because it took a while to spawn even when I did everything right.
I chrcked every check point one game. I've done thesame thing over and over again for the last 2 hrs, I switched videos part way through. But just wow., I can't seem to get it!