MCC Update - Questions for the Team?

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 36
hey folks - The MCC update is well underway and as part of our ongoing developments updates I want to open the floor to questions from the community! No guarantees that we'll be able to get them all answered but if you have a burning question, ask it below and I'll see about addressing some in future blog updates.

Check out the first development update blog HERE for the latest info.

Thanks!
I'm interested about the flighting program I saw you mention on Reddit - how the updates are going to be rolled out. My thoughts were that we would get a series of updates through the Preview program or something similar. Is that something you're able to share just now / in the next blog post, or would that be a 'closer to the time' kind of thing?

Edit: Should have waited, my thoughts were correct and my question answered. Thanks, exactly what I was looking for. I've been preview alpha for a good while, so looking forward to helping to test things out :)
  • What sort of updates should we expect to the game? Is the goal to only fix major problems or are there plans to go back and fix every single issue that pops up?
  • Is hit detection for CE, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 2 Anniversary on the list of things to address? Playing all of these games is just rough in their current state.
  • Is making Halo: Combat Evolved more like the original game on a list of things to do - the differences between the MCC version and original is staggering.
  • What plans are being made to combat the amount of times Halo 3 is voted for compared to the other games in the collection?
  • How long do you expect these changes/fixes to take?
  • Is a revamp to the user interface on the cards?
  • Will the Halo 5 Beta option finally be removed from the user interface?
  • Are there plans to introduce join-in-progress for custom games?
inb4 "Where's Reach"
Dang you snickerdoodle yous stole my line! But serious. Will it be possible to update the terminals in both CEA and and H2A to be playable without having to go to the Halo channel? Would that help re-leave stress on some of the system?
"And foundationally, this update opens the possibility for other things we’d like to explore like custom game session browsing, Xbox Arena or Mixer support.”

Does this mean an in-game custom browser? or using the Xbox Live stuff?
Any chance we might be able to experience MCC on PC if all goes well in the end?
I don't know if this is a known issue, but sometimes when I try to play H2A or H3: ODST campaign with friends, one or more of our games will crash forcing us to restart the game. As far as I can tell, these are the only two games that had the problem. Just wondering if something along these lines is being addressed. Thanks for the maintenance updates!
Do you expect the MCC updates will be compatible with the currently deployed version of the Xbox One's system software? Or do you anticipate needing on new features from the platform that will necessitate enrolling our consoles in one of the preview rings, in order to participate in the MCC flighting?
Any chance for ODST firefight to be added on?
Any chance for ODST firefight to be added on?
To extend this, is it a technical issue holding back firefight?
Will there be any returning or new playlists such as team objective, team oddball, rumble pit, multi team, etc.?
Will the update automatically unlock achievements where the process was reset?
For example I have over 300 Killjoy medals in matchmaking, but due to achievement progress being reset I only have 129 counted for the achievement.

Also will there be any new achievements added?
Viper570 wrote:
I don't know if this is a known issue, but sometimes when I try to play H2A or H3: ODST campaign with friends, one or more of our games will crash forcing us to restart the game. As far as I can tell, these are the only two games that had the problem. Just wondering if something along these lines is being addressed. Thanks for the maintenance updates!
I second this. Halo 2 campaign co-op over live is essentially unplayable currently. Either my friend or I disconnects in the middle of any mission. Very frustrating. Many of the other campaigns have problems too, but not to this extent. Hoping this is part of the fix. Can you confirm that it is?
Are you going to add the option to make our own playlist with the campaign missions? I thought it was going to be at launch and I've been waiting for it since then, I imagine searching for other player's playlist, downloading them and creating yours, hope you add that option when you finish fixing the bugs.
  • Dodging is a major problem in MCC. When the vote in cross-game MP playlists doesn't go your way (curse you pro Halo 3 kids and anti Halo 4 kids), you can just quit your game, reboot, and search again. In my opinion, the game should count you as being in a game and only allow maybe 2-3 quits in a certain period of time before a penalty being applied.
  • Ive posted this on Reddit before and I still believe we need to UNLOCK voting slots in MCC cross game playlists. For example currently in BTB, Halo 2 and 2A share the first slot, Halo 3 is guaranteed the second slot, and Halo CE and 4 share the third slot. In my opinion, all gametype/map combinations need to be weighted equally and have a fair chance in landing in each slot. Even if that means by random draw we get all CE or all Halo 3 or a mix of all games, I think that unlocking slots COMBINED with my first bullet point will make this a true collection of games and not just the Master Chief Collection: Halo 3 Edition. https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/5zxrph/can_we_please_try_mcc_playlists_for_a_month_with/
timmy b357 wrote:
Viper570 wrote:
I second this. Halo 2 co-op over live is essentially unplayable currently. Either my friend or I disconnects in the middle of any mission. Very frustrating. Hoping this is part of the fix. Can you confirm that it is?
I 100% agree that the halo 2 campaign coop over xbox live does not work at all. Halo 2 is the only game I was not able to complete on legendary coop because it had a 100% lag out rate.
I saw a lot about multiplayer fixes, bug fixes etc and maybe this is my inexperienced tech savvy brain coming through but the multiplayer connection during campaign is that being addressed? Even if some of the smaller problems are overlooked, as long as I’m able to play those campaigns with friends I will be so happy!

Edit:
Just to add on a bit of info, when my friends and I are all in the same game the host has a perfect connection but the rest of us will suffer. The game has a harsh gritty feeling especially when the cutscene audio finishes 2-3 minutes before the visual, and while you play it’s sort of like (the best way to explain it) the game has a stutter and can’t get its words out so you’re trying to move forward and that’s the intention but not how it pans out.
Is there any hope for people who don't like Halo 3? All I've ever wanted is to play CE or 2 but they almost never win the vote, and on the rare occasions where they do half the lobby quits because they didn't get 3 and they can't handle a game with non-random accuracy.
Is there any chance of the aiming system for Halo 3 being fixed? I dislike Halo 3 regardless, but the fact that you can't move your reticle diagonally makes it completely unplayable.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 36