Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

[Locked] MCC Update - Questions for the Team?

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 19
  4. 20
  5. 21
  6. 22
  7. 23
  8. ...
  9. 43
gunna clap12 - Please don't post multiple times in a row, thanks. You can edit your last post to add more information
stckrboy wrote:
gunna clap12 - Please don't post multiple times in a row, thanks. You can edit your last post to add more information
If you look closely, you will see that I added a quote to someones comment. I did not create another reply. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Which you could have edited into your previous post. In future please do that instead of posting multiple times in a row.

To get back on topic feel free to PM me any follow up questions
With the individual engines getting "extra" tweaks (CE is getting some custom edition changes per the recent blog), will things like draw distances/LOD fading get the bump they've been missing? Stuff like grass being the worst offenders, IMO.
Great MCC update.
Thanks fellas :D
I would like to see more of Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer and Upgraded customization for Spartans and Elites (by the way I would love! To see the Halo 2 Anniversary Campaign model body Elites over the Halo 4 and 5 model body. I think it would look classic and traditional). I find the customization very plane but not terrible. Needs a proper ranking system sometimes I get confused of what I am. In Halo 3 its messing the option where I can mix and match my armor which I would like to do. Like in Halo 4 you get a SET of armor not able to choose what to pick which isn't a very big deal or anything I thought it would be better. Halo 4 appears to be missing some DLC if I recall. Newtwork severs, delayed matchmaking (takes a long time to find a game) and Voting for certain games needs to be fixed an optional thing to do if one does not wish to do a certain playlist or game. I am not against Halo 3 or 4 or CE I love all of them all I just wish to see more of Halo 2 classic and Halo 2 remastered kinda why I got the game I know it says "Master Chief Collection" I hope you understand but I play Halo 3, 4 and CE I love all the Halo's equaly. Oh and is there specific date release of the Update? Too soon to ask? I know this wasn't a question but I think my mind spilled over a bit lol
When the " Flight Program" kicks off will we still be able to play the current version of the MCC as well if were in the flight program? Reason I ask is because pretty much all of my XBL friends list (a couple hundred) still plays the MCC either from a regular to semi regular basis. I've gone ahead and relayed the message to them about the upcoming Flight program later on this spring but some are taking pass do to concerns about HD space, internet usage etc and are going to wait for the full release instead.

Don't get me wrong myself and a majority of my friends are committed to signing up for the " Flight" program but some won't for the reason's above. Will we still be able to switch from " Flight" to the current build of the MCC for issue's like this?
Is there a possibility of having campaign games in the customs browser? For example: I’m attempting a legendary run through all five games, could I leave my game open for a stranger or three to drop in and help?
After reading the second Development Update, here are some additional questions I came up with.

Can we PLEASE address the fact that it is still impossible to run any kind of Halo tournament for MCC because of the host? Let me explain.

I have been organizing competitive and hardcore tournaments for classic Halo games since 2008. However since 2015 I have been unable to run an online event solely because of how the MCC functions in relation to custom game hosting. Since there are no dedicated servers nor neutral hosting option like H2V has through Project Cartographer; when a custom game is booted up, a peer has to have host and therefore either has an hugely unfair advantage over everyone else in the lobby, or they are severely handicapped as the host player (depends on which Halo game you're playing).

So a community organized event like running a tournament cannot be done successful because if I run a 1v1 or FFA bracket, it all boils down to who has host and who does not. That's it. This is the NUMBER ONE REASON why a large portion of our community has moved from MCC to the current PC option or just other popular games like Fortnight. I understand that 343 may not care deeply about the competitive classic Halo scene, but trust me, there are more people out there than you think who are just waiting for the right opportunity to jump back into hardcore gameplay.

So this is why I implore the Publishing Team, please include Neutral hosting or a dedicated server option for custom games so longtime community T.Os like myself can using the MCC to attract new and returning players to the game.
I want the team to believe in simplicity for the UI refresh. The most beautiful thing about Halo 3 to me is the simplicity of the menu. Everything is straight forward and I know what I am getting.

I would love to see the ability to choose playlist like so:

Big Team Battle >> (All, Halo 4, Halo 3, Halo 2, Halo 1)
Lone Wolves >> (All, Halo 4, Halo 3, Halo 2, Halo 1)
Team Doubles >> (All, Halo 4, Halo 3, Halo 2, Halo 1)
Team Slayer >> (All, Halo 4, Halo 3, Halo 2, Halo 1)

My brother and I have been dying to get on some Halo 3 Doubles.
Really interested in how playlist will work. If there is going to be no multi game playlist, does that mean you will be removing Doubles, sniper, Btb, etc..? will the playlist instead be one playlist for each game that searches for different player sizes and modes? Another question what is going to happen to our ranks in multi game playlist like hardcore and doubles?
The Budan wrote:
I want the team to believe in simplicity for the UI refresh. The most beautiful thing about Halo 3 to me is the simplicity of the menu. Everything is straight forward and I know what I am getting.

I would love to see the ability to choose playlist like so:

Big Team Battle >> (All, Halo 4, Halo 3, Halo 2, Halo 1)
Lone Wolves >> (All, Halo 4, Halo 3, Halo 2, Halo 1)
Team Doubles >> (All, Halo 4, Halo 3, Halo 2, Halo 1)
Team Slayer >> (All, Halo 4, Halo 3, Halo 2, Halo 1)

My brother and I have been dying to get on some Halo 3 Doubles.
Halo 3 needs its own big team battle playlist. That’s one of the conclusions I have drawn from these forums
So 4 player coop across all games would be awesome to say the least. I want it as much as most if not all would agree that even though they were not present from the beginning games like reach and ODST which were great and even though they stray from the trilogy they had the 4 player coop and that was a great feature. Now we are past the three original games and have halo 4 and 5 with both using 4 player coop and if reach had it why don’t halo 1 and 2 have it doesn’t make sense. It would make all the games tie together even for the playlists
So with Halo custom addition being added in some form, I'm not as convinced that spv3 will never show up. So my question is, what is the likelihood we'll see spv3?
Hi will you add mods to this game?
Hi will you add mods to this game?
Mods aren't a priority. It would be fun to see what can be done about that however.
Add ranked team snipers, for halo 2 classic exclusively. Or at least allow a voting option for h2 classic. Bring back a lot of the maps as well for h2c snipers ... as it was back on the regular xbox.
I support this.....
BxSouIjah wrote:
After reading the second Development Update, here are some additional questions I came up with.

Can we PLEASE address the fact that it is still impossible to run any kind of Halo tournament for MCC because of the host? Let me explain.

I have been organizing competitive and hardcore tournaments for classic Halo games since 2008. However since 2015 I have been unable to run an online event solely because of how the MCC functions in relation to custom game hosting. Since there are no dedicated servers nor neutral hosting option like H2V has through Project Cartographer; when a custom game is booted up, a peer has to have host and therefore either has an hugely unfair advantage over everyone else in the lobby, or they are severely handicapped as the host player (depends on which Halo game you're playing).

So a community organized event like running a tournament cannot be done successful because if I run a 1v1 or FFA bracket, it all boils down to who has host and who does not. That's it. This is the NUMBER ONE REASON why a large portion of our community has moved from MCC to the current PC option or just other popular games like Fortnight. I understand that 343 may not care deeply about the competitive classic Halo scene, but trust me, there are more people out there than you think who are just waiting for the right opportunity to jump back into hardcore gameplay.

So this is why I implore the Publishing Team, please include Neutral hosting or a dedicated server option for custom games so longtime community T.Os like myself can using the MCC to attract new and returning players to the game.
Sorry Ske7ch and mods if I keep asking more questions here but the amount of time and data collected I have more questions to ask then Tartarus did Guilty Spark. Is the team aware of this Halo CE bug? If your in your Xbox home page or looking at your messages when a map loading screen occurs in Halo CE you can't move when the game begins. Even if your killed by the enemy team or by your own teammate you still can't move once you respawn. I've confirmed this happens both in MM and Customs. The only solution is to quit the game( note you can still pull up the game options menu and select quit to quit the game) but your Spartan can't move or fire their weapon.
Is Halo 3 sword clashing going to be fixed? If you don't know anything about this in classic Original Halo 3, not MCC 60fps, sword duals we're very intense and could happen for long periods of time til a player gets the kill strike. On MCC it's very broken, and people who want a classic dual can't get it.

(If you really never seen this before, then go play it and sword dual. Melee only btw, the lunge ability doesn't make it fun, and it takes to long to recover. Me and a lot of my friends would sword dual a lot on Halo 3 and they were so fun cause it wasn't like Reach, Halo 4 or Halo 5's Sword play. Once your shields dropped you could keep clashing til another person got the correct hit to kill the other player. Again, I'd suggest the team to try it, and again Melee only for full experience.)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 19
  4. 20
  5. 21
  6. 22
  7. 23
  8. ...
  9. 43