Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Update - Questions for the Team?

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 23
  4. 24
  5. 25
  6. 26
  7. 27
  8. ...
  9. 43
Reading the newest blog post I'm excited to see a LAN option returning rather than having to play an "online" custom game with friends in the same house. My question is will we be able to create local profiles - like in Halo CE - where people can have their own names and sensitivities at? It's very annoying to have to play with guests and makes it difficult to communicate with teammates if you don't know who they are.
Getting rid of the voting system has to be one of the worst ideas imaginable. The voting system makes perfect sense because it reflects the will of the people in the lobby. For example, 96% of the people in the Team Hardcore playlist want to play Halo 3 every game, but if it only gave them the option to play halo 2 50% of the time then I guarantee the playlist would die quicker than ever. If over 50% of the people in the game actually WANTED to play halo 2 we should all accept that, but the real problem is DODGING. Players shouldnt be able to dodge and reset the lobby without a penalty if people pick a game they don't like. The truth is that people that like halo 1/2 are in a small minority in MCC. The demographic of regular players are of the age where their first halo game would have been halo 3 and thus it is the most popular game across the playlists. I promise you right now that if we start getting halo 1 and 2 more often post update the game will well and truly die because, I reiterate, the majority of regular players on MCC do not want to play H2 even close to 50% of the time.
So if, hypothetically, 75% of players vote to play Halo 3 100% of the time, 25% of players are represented 0% of the time. This is obviously an oversimplification, but it communicates the problem with the current voting system.

I'm not sure what the solution is -- probably a hybrid system that compromises between complete democracy and none -- but to say that the current voting system should stay is to carelessly dismiss a significant portion of the player base that has been mostly ignored.
Its already being settled. Playlists will be single game as they should. Now when it comes to voting, I dont see a problem with at least 1 veto option for another map.
Now we need to hope that 343 goes heavy on ranked H2 and H3 playlists only.
The rest don’t need any more than 2 each. If that.
Since you are doing a big patch for the mcc any chance you can give all players who played or will play the exclusive in game avatar and nameplate you gave to people who played at release. I avoided this game because of how buggy it was I feel others did the same why should we be be locked out of content because we felt the game was not worth playing at the time? Though

Also please tell me your not completely scraping the voting system, but revamping it, I hate rotation and I bet a lot of people would just leave the game anyway if the game they do not want to play shows up if they are doing it now, removing voting is not the solution revamping it is.
Will my Skill Rank be reset in Halo MCC when the update hits the retail game? because honestly it’s gonna be a pain to see these go and I’ll be stuck having to do it again.
Halo 3: 50
Team Doubles: 50
Halo 4: 50
Halo 2 Classic: 50
Team Halo 2: Anniversary: 50
Team Hardcore: 50
Halo: Combat Evolved: 50
Getting rid of the voting system has to be one of the worst ideas imaginable. The voting system makes perfect sense because it reflects the will of the people in the lobby. For example, 96% of the people in the Team Hardcore playlist want to play Halo 3 every game, but if it only gave them the option to play halo 2 50% of the time then I guarantee the playlist would die quicker than ever. If over 50% of the people in the game actually WANTED to play halo 2 we should all accept that, but the real problem is DODGING. Players shouldnt be able to dodge and reset the lobby without a penalty if people pick a game they don't like. The truth is that people that like halo 1/2 are in a small minority in MCC. The demographic of regular players are of the age where their first halo game would have been halo 3 and thus it is the most popular game across the playlists. I promise you right now that if we start getting halo 1 and 2 more often post update the game will well and truly die because, I reiterate, the majority of regular players on MCC do not want to play H2 even close to 50% of the time.
So if, hypothetically, 75% of players vote to play Halo 3 100% of the time, 25% of players are represented 0% of the time. This is obviously an oversimplification, but it communicates the problem with the current voting system.

I'm not sure what the solution is -- probably a hybrid system that compromises between complete democracy and none -- but to say that the current voting system should stay is to carelessly dismiss a significant portion of the player base that has been mostly ignored.
The only games in MCC I care about for multiplayer are Halo 2 Classic, Halo 3, Halo 2: Anniversary and RARELY Halo: Combat Evolved in that exact order Halo 4 doesn’t exist as far as I’m concerned I got a 50 in the playlist haven’t played it since because Halo 4 is terrible. Unfortunately in Team Hardcore I almost always vote Halo 2 and about 65-70% of the time dumb kids Dodge because it’s not Halo 3. The playlist is called Team Hardcore not MLG that’s the Halo 3 on 360 playlist like c’mon man. I’ve noticed over the years that Halo 2 players who moved on to Halo 3 (like myself for example) tend to like Halo 3 a lot but it’s still not our favorite it’s still Halo 2 however we tolerate Halo 3 on MCC and kids that only play Halo 3 just the moment you say “Hey let’s search Halo 2 Classic!” They’ll freak out and say something like “I’m not playing that game, it’s broken and there’s too many bugs no way” truly tragic Halo 2 has an even bigger skill gap than Halo 3 being that there’s button glitches it’s one of my favorite things about the game honestly people need to loosen up and play Halo 2 more.
Are you removing the voting system? i wish you do. honestly the MP is mostly H3 and H4 that's why i stay on H5 because i get to play the game type i want by playlists without voting. The game i want to play in mcc is H2A ONLY and i dont get to play it because of the voting where kids always favor H3 and H4. Give progressive and harsh penalty for those who dodge frequently before the game even starts. Make them regret it. Make the kids cry because they cant play for 12 hours after dodging a game twice if youre gonna keep the voting system.
Dis Iz Moe wrote:
Are you removing the voting system? i wish you do. honestly the MP is mostly H3 and H4 that's why i stay on H5 because i get to play the game type i want by playlists without voting. The game i want to play in mcc is H2A ONLY and i dont get to play it because of the voting where kids always favor H3 and H4. Give progressive and harsh penalty for those who dodge frequently before the game even starts. Make them regret it. Make the kids cry because they cant play for 12 hours after dodging a game twice if youre gonna keep the voting system.
It wouldn’t even matter because if you play MCC enough (to which I play way too much so I know this) then you know how to avoid the “timeout penalty” for quitting/dodging all together when it happens you just bypass it and start playing again 30 seconds later. If they haven’t already figured it out I’m not going to say it here because I plan to keep doing it until it’s fixed because honestly I’m not playing Assault Rifle/SMG start it’s either BR start or I’m not playing it. I only play H2, H2A, or H3.
LuminousIy wrote:
Dis Iz Moe wrote:
It wouldn’t even matter because if you play MCC enough (to which I play way too much so I know this) then you know how to avoid the “timeout penalty” for quitting/dodging all together when it happens you just bypass it and start playing again 30 seconds later. If they haven’t already figured it out I’m not going to say it here because I plan to keep doing it until it’s fixed because honestly I’m not playing Assault Rifle/SMG start it’s either BR start or I’m not playing it. I only play H2, H2A, or H3.
Well i expect more from 343i. Im not a fan of them but i admire how they penalize in H5 and wish they apply it in MCC. MCC MP looks broken to me because its all about H3 & H4. Their remastered H2AMP barely gets played.
Is it possible to add in a feature that allows custom Campaign mission playlists? One thing I would love to do is to mix and match some of my favorite missions, as well as make a “chronological” one that mixes ODST in with Halo 2.
LuminousIy wrote:
Will my Skill Rank be reset in Halo MCC when the update hits the retail game? because honestly it’s gonna be a pain to see these go and I’ll be stuck having to do it again.
Halo 3: 50
Team Doubles: 50
Halo 4: 50
Halo 2 Classic: 50
Team Halo 2: Anniversary: 50
Team Hardcore: 50
Halo: Combat Evolved: 50
They better not. I spent way too much time attaining my 50s. Development Team, please do not reset all of the work I've put into this game.
I just want more Halo 2 Anniversary stuff, it rarely pops up in big team battle so I can really only play 4v4 slayer ranked. please make it pop up in the mixed playlists more, when I got MCC I wanted to celebrate Halo 2's anniversary but I mostly end up playing Halo 3. H2A should have been a standalone thing.
I have multiple suggestions regarding the armories :
    1. Gen II armors. If possible, "dumb-down" the armors we had seen in Halo 5 and Halo : Online to allow them into Halo MCC for use in Halo 4 and Halo 2: Anniversary multiplayer.
    2. Is it possible to allow the Halo 2: Anniversary armors for use in Halo 4, and Vice-Versa?
    3. Bring back all non-included armors from Halo 4 that were neglected in Halo MCC.
    4. Could the Scanner Helmet have an alternate version that has the fore-head attachment removed?
    5. Allow armors from Halo 3 , Halo 4, and Halo 2: Anniversary to be mix-and-matched as they could in the original version of Halo 3 and 4. Halo 2: Anniversary should mix-and-match like Halo 4; allowing players to select Helmets, Torsos, Shoulders, Gauntlets, Legs, Visor Colors, and armor colors.
    6. If possible, could the beta design of Halo 5's Nightfall armor be included as well? Possibly call it Daybreak?
    7. Gen I helmets from Halo 5 should be included in Halo 4 and 2: Anniversary multiplayer armories. Also, could we include the helmets that were left out? (I.E. : Haunted Pilot, JFO, HAZOP, GUNGNIR, CQC, Mark V, Halo Reach Mark V, Halo 3 Security, Halo 3 Rogue, and the cut Halo Reach GRD Helmet)

• Speaking of GRD, would it be possible to include it to the Halo Reach armory if Halo Reach is included?
  • Would it be possible to make it so your playercard stances from Halo 4 and Halo 5 be included to the MCC for use in Halo 4 and Halo 2: Anniversary? As well as armor skins, weapon skins, visor colors, and assassinations?
I have a few suggestions regarding the multiplayer maps :

• This one is a bit of a difficult request, but could Halo 2: Anniversary receive a full treatment in the multiplayer, remastering all of Halo 2's maps? And possibly certain Halo 3 maps for use in Halo 2: Anniversary?
  • Would it be possible to include the new maps meant for Halo Online into Halo 2: Anniversary and Halo 3? After all, "Icebox" is already a remake of Halo 2's Turf.
  • Could we include Firefight into Halo MCC, and allow players to not only play on traditional Halo 3 Firefight Maps, but also play on Halo Reach's firefight maps?
  • Another question regarding Firefight, could certain maps be utilized for both multiplayer and Firefight? After all, traditional firefight maps could be utilized for PvP and certain Halo 3 and Reach maps would be ideal for both PvP and Firefight modes.
With this MASSIVE Post, I have one final question : Can we possibly see a Halo 3 Anniversary to be included in this Update or a future DLC?
snip
As much as that sounds good, I think this is beyond the scope of the project. Who knows? Maybe we'll get something like this.
And Halo 3 Anniversary has been asked SO. MANY. TIMES. They've said there're no plans for it. If they go back on their word, what will that do to them? It wouldn't look good. Getting Halo 3 Anniversary sounds amazing to some. But we don't need it. If, however, they did shock us with it one day, I don't see how it would sustain a player base large enough to last. I could be proven wrong there though.
Quesion #1
Will players have ping counters next to their gamertags in the scoreboard during matchmaking to determine how good or bad our connection is to the game?

Question #2
Will Halo: Combat Evolved's original sound effects return?

Question #3
Will Halo: Combat Evolved matches have the PC exclusive weapons on the maps in matchmaking?
I just want to ask are you going with all dedicated servers and are countrys such as Australia going to have some that are more local to them. P to P and server location is MCC's most ridiculouse floor at the moment as 1 player gets more or less a LAN connection, mix that with a seasoned player it's like trying to kill God! I honestly think connection issues put people of the most in Halo as when your guns fire jelly beans you become less inclined to compete with outher regions of the world as they get a clear advantage. Im in the UK but i've met many people in the Australias and far eastern countrys who physicaly get beaten by latency and hosts and have a generaly bad expierience, yet they grind there teeth as they love Halo. Please can we have some details of how your system may adress this and give some guidelines on how different regions can enjoy there best connections. (Halo CE has the biggest issue but it'spresent in all titles). Thankyou.
Dear HD Simplicity, were 343 to go back on their word; considering how much their words have caused a great divide in the Halo Fandom : it would be a godsend and improvement with the power equal to that of divine intervention.
(yes, this wording is required. When one doesn't stay true to the iconography of a series as powerful and influential as Halo, there tends to be a downfall of the company and the series in terms of nostalgia in the coming years.)
Dear HD Simplicity, were 343 to go back on their word; considering how much their words have caused a great divide in the Halo Fandom : it would be a godsend and improvement with the power equal to that of divine intervention.
(yes, this wording is required. When one doesn't stay true to the iconography of a series as powerful and influential as Halo, there tends to be a downfall of the company and the series in terms of nostalgia in the coming years.)
You could have replied to my comment to you and not post a new one, fyi. But anyway, I just can't see a Halo 3: Anniversary having much a sustaining population and impact. People have largely moved on to other games, Halo and beyond. As I said, if its done, which would still shock me, I could be wrong about it. What would be great is if Blur made new cinematics. Then it would tie awkwardly into the existing graphics engine that Halo 3 has...which would lead to an Anniversary release with those fully upgraded graphics and what not. If Blur cinematics can work without the existing engine, I'd like to see how that would work. It may look too out of place with the old visuals.
You could have replied to my comment to you and not post a new one, fyi. But anyway, I just can't see a Halo 3: Anniversary having much a sustaining population and impact. People have largely moved on to other games, Halo and beyond. As I said, if its done, which would still shock me, I could be wrong about it. What would be great is if Blur made new cinematics. Then it would tie awkwardly into the existing graphics engine that Halo 3 has...which would lead to an Anniversary release with those fully upgraded graphics and what not. If Blur cinematics can work without the existing engine, I'd like to see how that would work. It may look too out of place with the old visuals.
Just stating a fact is all. Besides, Remasters are best done in full. Example : Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask for one.
Would it be possible to add a sound adjustment feature to the menu UI? Every game in MCC aside from Halo 3 has some issues with audio being too loud or too quiet, mostly the music or the SFX.
For example: Halo 2, the sounds are far quieter than they were on the original Xbox, and remastered sounds or music is too loud. In Halo 4 the sound effects are far too loud to hear the music or dialogue. Halo: CEA and Halo 4 by far have the most issues with dialogue and music being too silent compared to SFX.

This is small but very important feature that should be added in future updates if possible.

Also, will there be patches to a minor bug in the menu that happens when you leave the game for too long or put the Xbox to sleep, resulting in the menu not being capable of being interfaced with unless restarting the game?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 23
  4. 24
  5. 25
  6. 26
  7. 27
  8. ...
  9. 43