Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Update - Questions for the Team?

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 24
  4. 25
  5. 26
  6. 27
  7. 28
  8. ...
  9. 43
When is the update released????????!!! I am always banned after a few games because I have the xbox one X !
When is the update released????????!!! I am always banned after a few games because I have the xbox one X !
Details of the flighting program are in the latest Development blog. Read through the "Flighting" section for more information
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-2
Dear HD Simplicity, were 343 to go back on their word; considering how much their words have caused a great divide in the Halo Fandom : it would be a godsend and improvement with the power equal to that of divine intervention.
(yes, this wording is required. When one doesn't stay true to the iconography of a series as powerful and influential as Halo, there tends to be a downfall of the company and the series in terms of nostalgia in the coming years.)
You could have replied to my comment to you and not post a new one, fyi. But anyway, I just can't see a Halo 3: Anniversary having much a sustaining population and impact. People have largely moved on to other games, Halo and beyond. As I said, if its done, which would still shock me, I could be wrong about it. What would be great is if Blur made new cinematics. Then it would tie awkwardly into the existing graphics engine that Halo 3 has...which would lead to an Anniversary release with those fully upgraded graphics and what not. If Blur cinematics can work without the existing engine, I'd like to see how that would work. It may look too out of place with the old visuals.
Just stating a fact is all. Besides, Remasters are best done in full. Example : Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask for one.
Sounds more like an opinion, like mine, but I understand what you're saying.
I've never played Zelda; I wouldn't know about their remasters. Good to hear though.
Will Halo CE return to projectile (Console)?

I believe its the PC engine now (Hit Scan)

It definitely has never felt right not leading shots at distance. :-(
Hi everyone. Are there any plans to address the legacy thumbstick issues people are still encountering with Halo 2 Anniversary and Halo 4?
Halo 3 Hardcore playlist.
Better map rotation for Halo 3. More Hardcore Maps/BR/BR-Objective game types.
Basically, a playlist for the old veterans who wanna get muddy in the jungle. Sweaty and filthy fun.
More game types for exclusive Halo 3. Gets real stale playing orbital four times in a row. Pit Flag Br's could bring "the boyz to the yard".
In sum, I just want a more halo 3 oriented experience that is less casual.
Thanks for reading.
Are new achievements coming with the update?
Halo 3 Hardcore playlist.
Better map rotation for Halo 3. More Hardcore Maps/BR/BR-Objective game types.
Basically, a playlist for the old veterans who wanna get muddy in the jungle. Sweaty and filthy fun.
More game types for exclusive Halo 3. Gets real stale playing orbital four times in a row. Pit Flag Br's could bring "the boyz to the yard".
In sum, I just want a more halo 3 oriented experience that is less casual.
Thanks for reading.
You should add this to the playlist feedback thread pinned at the top of this forum
Are new achievements coming with the update?
From the latest dev blog:
Quote:
Currently there are no plans to add any new achievements to the current MCC title.
Given that the majority of halo fans aren't on waypoint and those who are tend to prefer the 'new' direction of halo. How can you please the majority who prefer halo 1-3, if taking feedback from a niche part of the community (who prefer reach and halo 4)?
Given that the majority of halo fans aren't on waypoint and those who are tend to prefer the 'new' direction of halo. How can you please the majority who prefer halo 1-3, if taking feedback from a niche part of the community (who prefer reach and halo 4)?
That isnt an MCC related question. If you're aiming at asking if MCC can have new search and playlist options, that's been asked about a lot.
That isnt an MCC related question. If you're aiming at asking if MCC can have new search and playlist options, that's been asked about a lot.
Yes it is.

My question is regarding the changes they're making to MCC relying on feedback from a niche part of the community.
Yes it is.

My question is regarding the changes they're making to MCC relying on feedback from a niche part of the community.
What I got is "pleasing a majority who prefer Halo 1-3" as a comment toward the development of Halo 6. If I'm wrong and you indeed meant it toward MCC, then ok. I understand. It sounded like another wishlist topic for Halo 6.
Why will the voting option be removed from the soon to be single game playlists? Giving us the option of nap preference would be more welcome than to not have it at all. I’d like to hear a reason why elminating voting altogether is the answer to reduce quitting. The elimination of cross playlists was the answer all along. But to take steps beyond that to reduce player freedom of choice seems overkill and unnecessary.

Also, another question I have which is needs to be asked given the surprise of cross playlists at launch. Will you be ensuring that niche playlists within a game are ONLY that specific playlist? For example - we currently have objective and slayer types within the H3 and H2 playlist. Myself and many do not want to see gametypes mashed together into a “h3 playlist”. Or any playlist. That also shows where I stand with objective and slayer being mashed in 4v4.
Big team or squad battle it works fine. And once again this goes back to playlists that are true to their origin.
I’m quite certain that if you expand playlists for H2 and H3, and if they are implemented correctly then this would be a good start to “stop the bleeding” so to speak.
I’ve been waiting and waiting and waiting for months now and I’m starting to get pretty impatient. When are these “Fighting Builds” coming out for MCC?! I’m in the Xbox Insider Program and the Halo Community Feedback Program and there hasn’t been an email about it, a message from Xbox about it... just nothing just total silence. I’m not the only one who’s feeling like this because all my friends in the same boat I am feel the same way. Honestly we talk about it at least for 20 minutes every few days trying to guess what you guys are doing over there. You know just “throw us a bone” so to speak just do something man.
LuminousIy wrote:
I’ve been waiting and waiting and waiting for months now and I’m starting to get pretty impatient. When are these “Fighting Builds” coming out for MCC?! I’m in the Xbox Insider Program and the Halo Community Feedback Program and there hasn’t been an email about it, a message from Xbox about it... just nothing just total silence. I’m not the only one who’s feeling like this because all my friends in the same boat I am feel the same way. Honestly we talk about it at least for 20 minutes every few days trying to guess what you guys are doing over there. You know just “throw us a bone” so to speak just do something man.
The latest dev blog includes a large section on what their plans are for the flighting process
I have an Xbox One S and the whole reason I purchased the MCC was for Multiplayer online, since we can’t play a four player (me and other family members) we like to play online and we have never been able to on the MCC. I don’t like Campaign so it’s useless to me without multiplayer online, we are using Xbox live accounts but in the roster it will just infinitely say searching for players. I saw plenty of the same complaints from 2017, so..... is there a fix for this?
Will Halo CE continue to use PC engine or will the console build finally be introduced?

Console running through on XBC and Gamespy years ago had better hit detection.

Sad.

Sad.
What? You mean back when you had to literally lead your shots based on how much ping you had rather than aiming straight at your target and relying on the red reticle? Halo CE's hit detection in MCC is bad, there's no doubt, but it's actually better than it is even to this day if you go play Halo Custom Edition. Hyperbolizing an imaginary time when Halo CE played well over the internet doesn't help anyone.
Not sure if this question has been asked yet but will matchmaking remain the same when searching as a team? Or will it go to the way H3 was when a TO3 matched another TO3 and a TO4 matched a TO4 etc.?

Sad.
What? You mean back when you had to literally lead your shots based on how much ping you had rather than aiming straight at your target and relying on the red reticle? Halo CE's hit detection in MCC is bad, there's no doubt, but it's actually better than it is even to this day if you go play Halo Custom Edition. Hyperbolizing an imaginary time when Halo CE played well over the internet doesn't help anyone.
I was asking a question. You quoted a statement. I was asking if the console build was going to be used instead of PC because they said it was a "ground up" rebuild.

BTW console Halo through a tunneling program with under 60 ping feels substantially better than current MCC.
Played it night and day at its peak and there was no problem getting a host with pings 15 to 60. Sorry if you missed those days, if you hadn't, then you would agree.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 24
  4. 25
  5. 26
  6. 27
  7. 28
  8. ...
  9. 43