Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Update - Questions for the Team?

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 38
  4. 39
  5. 40
  6. 41
  7. 42
  8. ...
  9. 43
I really wish that the Xbox 360 Versions of Halo weren't backwards compatible. It just split the player base more than it already was.
Well, we have several Halo games people like to play. Its going to happen until one major game comes out that a majority of people like....and that might be Infinite.
It's the fact that there is 2 of the same game. They shouldn't have done it and from a company perspective a terrible move.
What do you mean? the fact that it is backwards compatible, makes it so people on an xbox one can play with people on the 360
I can't remember if I posted in this thread before, but I'm going to ask this anyway.

Hows the overall fix coming?
I haven't played Master Chief Collection since a few months after launch.
I'd had issues with CEA(mostly achievements not unlocking when requirements were met), crashes with H2A and serious crashes, chapters not loading and scenery/levels not loading resulting in falling through maps.
All this was single player related.
So, how are the fixes coming along.
I really want to get back into it all again, but I'm put off due to the issues I had.
Read the MCC Flighting Program updates for that. They've talked about a few things, though not campaign problems yet.
I really wish that the Xbox 360 Versions of Halo weren't backwards compatible. It just split the player base more than it already was.
Well, we have several Halo games people like to play. Its going to happen until one major game comes out that a majority of people like....and that might be Infinite.
It's the fact that there is 2 of the same game. They shouldn't have done it and from a company perspective a terrible move.
Having the options there is a nice thing. Besides, original Halo 3 has a very, very, very small population. Yeah it splits the playerbase. But look at other games that do it. Call of Duty has many players on older games I believe, and the same goes for Battlefield. BF 3 and 4 are still played a fair amount.
Is the MCC team looking to increase the limit for maximum saved files across all games? 50 files across 5 multiplayers is too low a limit, especially when compared to games like Halo: Reach, Halo 4 or Halo 5: Guardians.
omarlotrc wrote:
Is the MCC team looking to increase the limit for maximum saved files across all games? 50 files across 5 multiplayers is too low a limit, especially when compared to games like Halo: Reach, Halo 4 or Halo 5: Guardians.
Agreed, also they need to be easier to find. I save gametypes, then can't find my file...
Nyssian wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
Agreed, also they need to be easier to find. I save gametypes, then can't find my file...
The horizontal layout is horrendous. I really hope they make the file selection menu more like Halo: Reach's rather than Halo 5's, because that game's file selection menu is actually atrocious. Everything is just piled on top of itself.
Nyssian wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
Occasionally, a map or gametype I have stored locally will just get deleted. I luckily still found it from someone else's gamertag, but the current system, from number of files to managing them to searching for new maps/gametypes to bugs, is totally borked
After the removal in voting in Halo 5 which was a move in the wrong direction. Is this new update going to keep the voting system?
Mr Skotto wrote:
After the removal in voting in Halo 5 which was a move in the wrong direction. Is this new update going to keep the voting system?
Removing voting was indeed the right move... MCC is the best example of why voting stinks. Same games and maps over and over and over. I get a way better variety of games and maps without it.
LethalQ wrote:
Mr Skotto wrote:
Removing voting was indeed the right move... MCC is the best example of why voting stinks. Same games and maps over and over and over. I get a way better variety of games and maps without it.
I love how this game having over 100 maps was one of the selling points of the game. Because of the voting system, I remember playing only half of them.
LethalQ wrote:
Mr Skotto wrote:
I love how this game having over 100 maps was one of the selling points of the game. Because of the voting system, I remember playing only half of them.
Lots of people quit the build in Halo 5 over getting the same gametypes/maps.

MCC definitely is broken in the sense it doesn't even offer all the maps even if you could vote for them.

Husky Raid hardly if ever shows up in Action Sack on MCC.
Me and a friend have been trying to play coop on the campaign missions but cannot join due to a connection issue. We’ve tried everything we can think of to resolve the issue but nothing works. Kind of peeved we can’t do the single thing we want to do and bought the MCC for.
Me and a friend have been trying to play coop on the campaign missions but cannot join due to a connection issue. We’ve tried everything we can think of to resolve the issue but nothing works. Kind of peeved we can’t do the single thing we want to do and bought the MCC for.
You should drop a new topic in the support forum for this
stckrboy wrote:
You should drop a new topic in the support forum for this
I did. Thanks.
Hello, ske7ch, I just got an email confirming my acceptance into the Insider program and I just wanted to reply/ mention some things I commented on while taking the questionnaire.

Will there be:
1 - a full customs browser/ and file-share fix for forgers when the MCC goes live for everyone?
2 - proper armor customization across HALO: CE to Halo: 4? It is just something I personally have wanted ever since the game came out (and a lot of my friends and other fans want the same thing). The 'blanket' armor sets for CE to Halo: 2 could stay the same, but for Halo: 3 and Halo: 4 we would be able to select everything from our visor color to helmets, shoulders, torsos, forearms, legs … ect like they did with their own launches.

An additional question I have relates to armor customization but referring to Halo: 4. I noticed that all of the DLC maps and weapon skins were added to the MCC for multiplayer, but not the armor sets such as Perfect, ODST, Mark V, and Richochet. Will these come to MCC if a customization revamp is planned?

Thank you for your time and I hope you can answer my question. I cannot wait to provide feedback for Flight Three.

- NitroUndertaker
What do you mean? the fact that it is backwards compatible, makes it so people on an xbox one can play with people on the 360
You can't play with people on the xbox one version of Halo 3. Halo 3 on the 360 and halo 3 in the collection are 2 separate games. You can't play with anyone on the other game
All I have to say is, please don't take out Team Hardcore or Doubles out of Halo 3 in the playlist update
I'm curious how the MCC Insider version deals with achievements.

Are achievements completely disabled in the Insider build?
Does it track progress towards retail MCC achievements, or it's own list?

Is there any risk of getting some progress counted while playing the Insider version, and then having the retail version achievement progress messed up?

I'm guessing since it is a totally separate download that there isn't any risk of cross-issues.
You can't play with people on the xbox one version of Halo 3. Halo 3 on the 360 and halo 3 in the collection are 2 separate games. You can't play with anyone on the other game
oh, you meant that. you probably should of differentiate between the two better imo. Cause i thought you meant you couldn't play with people with people on the 360 halo 3 when you are playing halo 3 back compat on the xbone. My bad if i read your comment wrong thouh haha
Is there going to be a reduction of Halo 3 maps in BTB? It seems every single time I play BTB it's always Halo 3. I like Halo 3 but it's just a bummer that out of 44 maps BTB feels reduced to just the7 Halo 3 Maps.
Are some issues from the original games going to be revisited or a dress with this update, for exame an Easter egg on Requiem regarding some Zealots that does not trigger properly upon completion or like Spartan Ops Episode 3 chapter 5 some enemies that throughout the level spawn in ledges blocked out of the player's reach, may fall down the holes of the level impeding completing the mission and forcing you to either restart or quit.
To name a few.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 38
  4. 39
  5. 40
  6. 41
  7. 42
  8. ...
  9. 43