Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

[Locked] MCC Update - Questions for the Team?

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 39
  4. 40
  5. 41
  6. 42
  7. ...
  8. 43
Are some issues from the original games going to be revisited or a dress with this update, for exame an Easter egg on Requiem regarding some Zealots that does not trigger properly upon completion or like Spartan Ops Episode 3 chapter 5 some enemies that throughout the level spawn in ledges blocked out of the player's reach, may fall down the holes of the level impeding completing the mission and forcing you to either restart or quit.
To name a few.
if you log these bugs in recent pinned feedback threads that have been created, there's a chance they can be looked into. Check the first post for each thread for a template that can be used
i saw your new update playlists and i got a bit worried about the crossplay ones ? What about the quieters espacialy on the quickplaySlayer playlist in my experience there is halo 3 also much popular and evrytime Halo Ce halo 2 etc gets votet there are people quiting and thatscauses a chain reaction and in the end its almost empty. i am gotten to a point where i dont like the idea of rotational etc aka not the full experiences we had playlists but i accept them , but in all seriousness didnt you guys ditch the entire idea of crossplay ? So how you will deal with the issiues connectet to them ? will we have SOME way to choose our game in these ? Can i play these playlists for example if i dont have halo 4 etc installed ?
I personally would like to see a dedicated core Halo 4 playlist. Over half of the playlists on the newest dev blog have H3 in them. Out of the 13 playlists, 7 include Halo 3, with at least 3 dedicated playlists to it. Halo 4 is the only game with no dedicated playlists.

Here is my logic behind adding it. Let's say 1,000 people play the current H4 playlist at any given time, with the game having 50,000 people playing MCC MP overall at any given time. Adding a dedicated H4 playlist would reduce the population of the other 13 playlists by very marginal numbers to where no one would notice. I love playing Halo 4 but I don't want to play 15 team slayer games before getting lucky and having a Halo 4 game. I would wait 5 minutes for matchmaking in a H4 playlist. I think the argument of "no one plays it anyways" is stupid. Sure, it's not as popular as H3, but a small group loves to play H4's MP. It should be added for the sake of it being part of the collection.

This isn't Halo: The Halo 3 Collection.
xandy92 wrote:
I personally would like to see a dedicated core Halo 4 playlist.
ske7ch commented on this a short while ago:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/mcc-development-update-blog-5---discussion/c2f837f4-a9b5-41b2-926b-6a59a1da9a9f/posts?page=6#post103
Quote:
Halo 4 will come up in the quick play slayer cross-game playlist and the cross-game BTB offering. However, the team is re-evaluating adding a dedicated H4 playlist based on feedback (though during all of the earlier feedback and official surveys it didn't make the cut).
Is there an estimated date/time range that the alterations from the insider flights will be applied to the game as a whole?
Is it possible to add Halo 4's Commendations?
Is there an estimated date/time range that the alterations from the insider flights will be applied to the game as a whole?
No eta and likely won't be until pretty much they're ready to drop I imagine. The updates are really a "done when they're done" kinda deal. The latest details on scheduling are in the last dev blog: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-5
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new post with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Para cuando la actualizacion de verano?
i clarify my question a little bit . I was asking how you guys will deal with the issiues connectet to your crossplay - playlists like the inventebale quitting / will we have some way to choose what game we play ? And what if i have a certain game for example uninstalled like H4 can i still play for example the crossSlayer playlist ? I am not in the Insider hence i am asking.
Fender19 wrote:
Is there any hope for people who don't like Halo 3? All I've ever wanted is to play CE or 2 but they almost never win the vote, and on the rare occasions where they do half the lobby quits because they didn't get 3 and they can't handle a game with non-random accuracy.
I love Halo 3, but I bought this game to play ce and halo 2 again. There should be a classics playlist or something with those 2 as well. Actually for most playlists I think there should be maybe a halo 1 and 2 version, a halo 3 version, and a halo 4 version. Because Halo 3 always wins all the votes, and people who played halo 1 and 2 on the original xbox probably dont want halo 4 outvoting it either.
Hi,

I would like to see classic halo 2 maps such as Coagulation, Terminal, Relic, Headlong, Containment and Waterworks used more, I know some of these are used in big team on the current Halo MCC but it’s very very rare that these maps get voted for. Relic and Terminal should be used in team slayer like they was in the original Halo 2, not just big team! Such a shame these great maps aren’t used so much anymore!

And also try to bring back 3 v 3, this will speed up matchmaking, in the original Halo 2, if there was 7 players matched in matchmaking and an 8th player couldn’t be found to make a 4 v 4 game, matchmaking would kick out 1 player and lock in the game as a 3 v 3.
I don't mind voting so much -- in fact, I actually like it -- but I agree that Halo 3's dominance over the results is perhaps a problem. Maybe there needs to be a sensible strategy to address it -- for example, vote combinations with only Halo 1, 2, and 4 represented, or combinations where it's all Halo 1, or all Halo 2, or all Halo 4 (and all Halo 3 as well).

As for quitting, I wouldn't mind a system where if you quit a match, you can't go into another match until that one is finished. In other words, you might as well stay in, since you're going to have to wait anyway. There are, of course, legitimate reasons to quit, such as a phone call or it's dinnertime, etc.; but if that's the case, then those players won't mind so much, and just maybe the Halo 3 players won't quit so much.
3 questions here.

1st. With the removal of voting how will that affect gametype as in br vs ar/smg starts? I hope it will be full time br starts. Most all people vote gametype (br starts) over map so I’d like to hear you comment on this.

2nd. Will voting be removed from social cross playlists? I thought we were doing away with that horrendous system. Will games be randomly picked or will voting still exist in cross game playlists?

3rd. And most important. Aside from rank restrictions are there any decisions being made about party restrictions and dodging penalties? A solid matchmaking is the glue for player retention. These things missing is the main reason for players leaving.

Rank restrictions alone will not mean much when I’m searching 2’s only to match up against a to4. Or vice versa. And It may seem couter intuitive to initiate more restrictions to an already low population. But sometimes you need to reopen a wound that isnt healing to correct the root of the problem before the real healing can begin.
Please have br starts for all gametypes! Nothing worse than being excited to play H2, H2A, and H3 and then getting into the match and starting with an smg or assault rifle. I am pretty sure everyone feels the same way.
343, maybe if you give us playlists that we want to play, people won't quit as much. If someone who love Halo 4 doesn't have to worry about getting CE during BTB or vice versa, maybe people won't quit as much. Just a thought
343, maybe if you give us playlists that we want to play, people won't quit as much. If someone who love Halo 4 doesn't have to worry about getting CE during BTB or vice versa, maybe people won't quit as much. Just a thought
The current line-up of playlists is based on feedback gathered from thousands of players. They are looking to find what everyone wants to play, but it's ridiculously hard when you have have a fan base as diverse as Halo's. Not everyone is going to be happy
stckrboy wrote:
The current line-up of playlists is based on feedback gathered from thousands of players. They are looking to find what everyone wants to play, but it's ridiculously hard when you have have a fan base as diverse as Halo's. Not everyone is going to be happy
I just think if they didn't try to simplify it down to a few playlists and instead offered much more and had a playlist population counter. Then since people won't be getting a game they don't want to play, they won't quit as much. And as soon as they add population counters, we as the players forfeit our right to whine about how long matchmaking takes. If we willingly enter a playlist with 80 people searching then yes of course it'll take awhile. I think their dumbing down of 4 entire games worth of multiplayer to less than 20 playlists for the sake of quicker matchmaking times is incredibly silly.
Soooooooooooooo...
When is this update happening? Just wondering.
Soooooooooooooo...
When is this update happening? Just wondering.
If you mean Flight 3, that's going to drop as soon as the issues with Intelligent Delivery are resolved.
If you mean the retail update see below and also some of the other pinned threads for details. You can also follow the likes of Postums, Wrensi, ske7ch and Jessabirdy on twitter for additional updates:
Quote:
No eta and likely won't be until pretty much they're ready to drop I imagine. The updates are really a "done when they're done" kinda deal. The latest details on scheduling are in the last dev blog: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-5
stckrboy wrote:
I just think if they didn't try to simplify it down to a few playlists and instead offered much more and had a playlist population counter. Then since people won't be getting a game they don't want to play, they won't quit as much. And as soon as they add population counters, we as the players forfeit our right to whine about how long matchmaking takes. If we willingly enter a playlist with 80 people searching then yes of course it'll take awhile. I think their dumbing down of 4 entire games worth of multiplayer to less than 20 playlists for the sake of quicker matchmaking times is incredibly silly.
Rotating "playlist" are OK but it must be apparent from the displayed population why they are rotating. The "playlist"
rotate because "MCC" share the populations with the original games.
Please make the original games with the playlists so that the MCC will be an alternative to the original games.
For the "MCC" to be an alternative, there has to be a "crossplay" with the multiplayer of the original games and there all playlist.
With the original games, the populations would automatically be bigger.

Put Better Reach in the right canon and in 4K, instead of an unretailable and nonsensical MCC multiplayer concept that tries to lure the players to the original games. Except the H2A Cutsreens, is nothing interesting at the MCC. 343i should publish H2A as the sole game and thus show the respect for the original, instead of using it for their experiments. It's a shame that the original Halo is not appreciated, but that they have to make their own "halo". The more I think about the concept of MCC, the more absurd it seems to me to support this misuse of the originals and their fans, who saw it as saving the originals. Anyway, it stinks even more for me, since I will not ever need it as an alternative. Except for H2 multiplayer, if it works. But there is no 343i plan to save the original playlists.

Rotating "playlist" are OK but it must be apparent from the displayed population why they are rotating. The "playlist"
rotate because "MCC" share the populations with the original games.
Please make the original games with the playlists so that the MCC will be an alternative to the original games.
For the "MCC" to be an alternative, there has to be a "crossplay" with the multiplayer of the original games and there all playlist.
With the original games, the populations would automatically be bigger.

Please make the MCC as a alternative or simply stand alone H2 with there original Multiplayer.

That would be a respectful approach to the original "HALO" games and its nostalgic fans, who dream of nostalgia of their beautiful experience from ancient times.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 39
  4. 40
  5. 41
  6. 42
  7. ...
  8. 43