Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

MCC user interface redesign NOW

OP Aaronizten

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I can't take it anymore, I can't bear to see this UI anymore. The UI is absurdly horrible, unsightly and not functional at all. They have had many opportunities to improve this but have never done. They have dedicated themselves to adding patches to a menu that was already ugly and broken. The UI is exactly the same since the game came out and I don't know if I'll be the only one but it burns my eyes every time I see it.
MCC I need a complete and total redesign of its UI and in all aspects, campaign, multiplayer, statistics... Change everything for God

Apart from that we need the option of being able to exchange between the different menus that have been released with the updates of the game. They should also add all the classic menus from the old games.

* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N90opiyY_U&ab_channel=CozmicDoctor This video is great and an example of what the ideal menu would look like. Many will tell me to use mods to make this possible. But I don't like to use mods and I mainly play on xbox.

*With these changes I am not referring to the design of the game's backgrounds, which is also something that I have addressed in the post, but rather how the UI is structured. It is crude, rough, unintuitive, unsightly and not functional at all.

* A great point in favor of the first menu is that when we were in the campaign menu and we changed the game the background was dynamic, changing and artistically beautiful. Now we only have a static image of the covers of the games with a sad dull blue color...
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuPU2si0lrc&t=235s&ab_channel=Graywolf - In the first minutes of this video you can see what I mean.
Not sure why you're claiming this. I don't see any problems with the UI in MCC. It's not as bad as Halo 5's for example since that was a mess.

Sounds like you just want the 'nostalgia look' and that's fine but in fairness I think that could just be an optional sub menu that lets fans choose between the classic look and any of the redesigns. They've frequently changed the backgrounds so it's not always a 'static image'....see this playlist for examples of the changes between the UI's.
Yes, we need the original main menu backgrounds & music and the UI needs to be improved.
Oh yes please they should redesign the ui because its not kbm friendly
I hate this ui so much because its so basic but so terrible, anytime that i alt tab out and go back in i cannot select ANYTHING with the controller because for some reason it still thinks im on keyboard, so i have to use the mouse to go back onto the options and now im able to use it. Its like its using an invisible cursor for the controller.

Also add the fact its unresponsive at times because of some stupid delay so you have to click it more than once

This isnt about just looks, this is about use! If you have something which is used by everyone and it doesnt function right then you made a terrible tool!
MCC Menu Redesign Now ??? Ummm NO ! You take what you get and be greatful with a smile on your face.
ronnie42 wrote:
I don't see any problems with the UI in MCC.
try scrolling through forgeworld maps sometime
its not great on keyboard
its not great on keyboard
Yeah they should at least redesign the ui for pc
mcc ui/ux has got to be one of the most frustrating uis in existence
S3qu3nc3S wrote:
MCC Menu Redesign Now ??? Ummm NO ! You take what you get and be greatful with a smile on your face.
they dont work for free, they should be happy people actually paid 60$+ for it, especially pre 2018
ronnie42 wrote:
True. I don't generally have problems with the UI, but the select screen for gametypes, and maps could definitely use an overhaul. I've got like 18 different slayer gametype variants, and like 17 different forge world maps. I can definitely get that it's a pain to scroll through them.
I rectify the post, I was not referring to the game menu (which can also be improved) I was referring mainly to the user interface. Anyone who has played a few video games and has some judgment will be able to understand that the MCC user interface is complete rubbish. A lot of people complain about the halo 5 user interface and they're right it's a bit bad. But it's since halo 4 that we don't have a good user interface and the MCC UI is the worst we've ever had.
ronnie42 wrote:
Umm or you could just look at the playlist earlier since I linked video's showing many different UI's changes showing that there not all 'static' as OP claims. Custom maps has nothing to do with UI and I even offered a solution by allowing the player to choose which UI they want to pick.
Yes, it has to do with the interface. The user interface is everything in the game, except the gameplay.
Please let us speak with a bit of decorum, do not go into a post to say nonsense and raise the waypoint rank.
The user interface has a lot of problems and, apart from being wildly ugly, it is also not functional.
You don't have to be an expert to figure that out.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Umm or you could just look at the playlist earlier since I linked video's showing many different UI's changes showing that there not all 'static' as OP claims. Custom maps has nothing to do with UI and I even offered a solution by allowing the player to choose which UI they want to pick.
There's more to the UI than just the background, friend. Custom maps has everything to do with the UI.
Before I start my tangent I want to say that I don't think that being ugly is a problem with MCC's UI. I mostly have a problem with how information is presented and how much information is presented.

The menu for custom games is really bad. It's the worst. I can only view three gametypes or three forge maps at a time. I'm on PC. I'm dealing with mega packs. I've got an ever-changing lobby with ever-changing hosts to deal with and I'm essentially a one-stop shop for what is normally a server's rotation or an entire game's workshop page or a living server map vote menu. I've thrown all four hundred ten matchmaking options in there. I've got a curated list of all the Forge The Fight maps from the ForgeHub.com contest. I'm in discord groups where people are making cool new maps. I have to scroll through 850 in Reach using page down to get to my private files at the end and that takes 12 seconds. I like to Forge maps and make new stuff. When I'm messing around on my own I have to either go into my files and take out all the stuff I've set as built-in or wade through it every time I have to exit back out into the main menu.

It's almost as bad as having a maximum of 50 private files. It's insane to let someone forge a map only to tell the player that they can't save it. Now I make sure to save my maps as soon as I start and then save over that so I don't get screwed over.

If you literally change this one thing- JUST the custom game menu to be more efficient I could live with everything as it was. I can only view THREE at a TIME. It's WAY TOO EASY TO SKIP SOMETHING BY MISTAKE. It's even a pain to select what map to play on.

I thought this was something that would have been changed by now. I still hope that 343i changes it when the custom game browser releases.
ronnie42 wrote:
Not sure why you're claiming this.
Ronnie42. What do you think about the custom game menu for hosts?
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
There's more to the UI than just the background, friend. Custom maps has everything to do with the UI.
UI is very different to custom maps since custom maps are related to level design and the topic had nothing to do with level design. OP was trying to argue about the general official UI being 'static' despite the fact the UI has frequently changed from static to moving backgrounds. Also OP's points do not make much sense like claiming to not be talking about the backgrounds then goes straight to talking about the dynamic backgrounds and I even showed proof that what OP said was false about it all being the same since release: (so I will relink it again in this reply)
Aaronizten wrote:
The UI is exactly the same since the game came out
This is wrong and misleading.
ronnie42 wrote:
Not sure why you're claiming this.
Ronnie42. What do you think about the custom game menu for hosts?
Nothing wrong with the idea. As said before "I think that could just be an optional sub menu that lets fans choose between the classic look and any of the redesigns" so I see no reason why they couldn't allow in the option to do something like a custom folder to add in custom menu's for the player to select too.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
UI is very different to custom maps since custom maps are related to level design and the topic had nothing to do with level design.
What in the hell are you talking about? I'm talking about how badly the menu is organized and presented, not the maps themselves. You're the only one talking about level design.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
UI is very different to custom maps since custom maps are related to level design and the topic had nothing to do with level design.
What in the hell are you talking about? I'm talking about how badly the menu is organized and presented, not the maps themselves. You're the only one talking about level design.
You literally just said custom maps after talking about "forgeworld maps". You're the one not making any sense. Also not true since you were the one talking about custom maps somehow relating to the UI when nobody but you started talking about custom maps. The topic was to do with mainly general UI and nothing to do with custom maps. You were the one to bring up forgeworld maps and only you were the one to suddenly start talking about it. Seriously re-read what you post before you reply.
ronnie42 wrote:
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2